PDA

View Full Version : Durant was 1-7 in the 4th quarter with a chance to advance to the NBA finals

ArbitraryWater
05-29-2016, 09:50 AM
*and close out the 73-win Warriors (up 8 heading into the 4th quarter).

I don't know what happened... but I swear at one point this dude was a clutch assassin.

In 2012 it seemed like he was toying with opponents in the playoffs... it was easy for him to close them out in the final minutes.

He used to be mentally strong, a killer. Ice in his veins. 'Kid Clutch'.

I saw him the first time showing some ****** in the armor during the '13 playoffs. Then he went crazy in '14 again, and showed, for the first time, real mental lapses in the '14 playoffs. Its still with him right now during the final few minutes, of course without the blatant passiveness of 2014 playoffs KD, that more so reminisced 2016 playoffs Curry.

Strong similarities between '14 KD and '16 Curry, both with historic regular seasons, and wilting mentally in the playoffs, going through the first 2 rounds but playing way below standards, and then, I thought Curry's MVP year would end like KD's, both going out in the CF in 6.

But KD assisted Curry here, and opened the door for him again.

Durant has to redeem himself. A win on the road, and a dominant performance.

I still think game 7 will be relatively close. Warriors will still feel the pressure, and I still believe KD has something left in him.

warriorfan
05-29-2016, 09:53 AM
GayD is a toothpick loser

ArbitraryWater
05-29-2016, 10:09 AM
Adding, these two TO's (one of which led to the game tying 3, the other to the dagger, he was only credited for the first one, they gave the other to Westbrook, but IMO KD's forward pass to too harsh and rushed, he should have taken it up himself):

https://i.gyazo.com/d29f539db316e4429ae2966307d5cc6d.gif

https://i.gyazo.com/2714b8160d83d4d859f7be0d436d37d5.gif

^I don't know man, its hard to tell. Westbrook doesn't do a good job of going to the ball and getting a good grip on it, obviously great defensive interference from Green, but I think KD should have done a better job, assessing the situation, realizing Green is near, and its not like Westbrook was way upfront and far away from him. Westbrook was right infront of him, I don't think he trusted himself in that situation to dribble the ball up.

STATUTORY
05-29-2016, 10:11 AM
really takes the shine off Lebron's 1st championship when you realize that Durant was the soft bitch ass n99a on the opposing team

ArbitraryWater
05-29-2016, 10:18 AM
really takes the shine off Lebron's 1st championship when you realize that Durant was the soft bitch ass n99a on the opposing team

Like I said, there was a time this dude was a cold mofo... don't you act otherwise.

He took multiple games from the Lakers in 2012, had a game winner against the Mavericks, closed out the Spurs, hung consecutive 17+ point 4th quarters on the Heat...

the guy was as good in the clutch as possible.

He went from that, to this.... I don't know how, or why.

Funktion
05-29-2016, 10:18 AM

:lol

tpols
05-29-2016, 10:25 AM
Like I said, there was a time this dude was a cold mofo... don't you act otherwise.

He took multiple games from the Lakers in 2012, had a game winner against the Mavericks, closed out the Spurs, hung consecutive 17+ point 4th quarters on the Heat...

Andre Iguodala and Harrison Barnes happened.

ArbitraryWater
05-29-2016, 10:26 AM
Andre Iguodala and Harrison Barnes happened.

no seriously.. he already cracked a bit in 2013, and then 2014... he can't seem to get it together.

STATUTORY
05-29-2016, 10:30 AM

it's true, at some point the narrative was always Russell holding KD back and ball hogging in the 4th when KD is the one that should have been the focal point

but he just looks absolutely one dimensional out there right now, like his handles aren't good enough to iso effectively with. Russell is the reason they are even going to a game 7 tbh

tpols
05-29-2016, 10:31 AM
no seriously.. he already cracked a bit in 2013, and then 2014... he can't seem to get it together.

KD has shown throughout his career, that he can / will meltdown if covered by very physical defense.. Artest in '10, Marion in '11, Bron in '12, Tony Allen in '14, and now Iggy in '16.

He's not built for inside his jersey, physical defense guys like this bring for 7 games.

This Thunder teams biggest advantage is knowing KD and WB are going to draw help, and toss a brick that either kanter, adams, roberson or ibaka can just do a little layup off of.

DMAVS41
05-29-2016, 10:32 AM
Whatever the reason...doesn't really matter why..

This game, if the Thunder lose game 7, is a huge...in a bad way...legacy game for Durant

Sucks because I wanted KD to stay in OKC long term, now if they lose this series, it opens up a far greater possibility he leaves this summer or signs a 1/1 and leaves next summer

Really surprised at that performance last night

Euroleague
05-29-2016, 10:38 AM
Durant has been a choker for a long time now.

Young X
05-29-2016, 10:44 AM
He really let me down. And I agree with you, I always thought of KD being the super efficient, clutch, consistent playoff performer. I never looked at him as a chucker. I used to think he was above that.

But now he's out there taking horrible shots, committing horrible turnovers, just playing stupid, inefficient basketball.

He disappointed me, his teammates, his fans with his performance. And it's not just last night but in this series outside of games 3 and 4. Actually he's had more mediocre games than good ones in this postseason. Just checked, he has a 20.2 PER in the playoffs...SMH.

Da_Realist
05-29-2016, 10:45 AM
He either shoots jumpshots or drives to the basket. Either way, the best time to defend him is before he shoots. Get close, entice him to drive and try to strip the ball or bother his dribble in order to get him off balance. Even the shots he made last night were difficult, off balance, fading away jumpshots. Notice how Steph and Klay are always balanced when they shoots.

By defending his high dribble, you use his length against him because it's hard for him to keep the ball low to the ground. He should have developed a dependable post game presence a long time ago. Just post, turnaround and shoot over the defender. No need to dribble. Nobody could touch it and it would guarantee easier baskets when everything else is falling apart.

DMAVS41
05-29-2016, 10:58 AM
He either shoots jumpshots or drives to the basket. Either way, the best time to defend him is before he shoots. Get close, entice him to drive and try to strip the ball or bother his dribble in order to get him off balance. Even the shots he made last night were difficult, off balance, fading away jumpshots. Notice how Steph and Klay are always balanced when they shoots.

By defending his high dribble, you use his length against him because it's hard for him to keep the ball low to the ground. He should have developed a dependable post game presence a long time ago. Just post, turnaround and shoot over the defender. No need to dribble. Nobody could touch it and it would guarantee easier baskets when everything else is falling apart.

This is true, but also...the man took eight 3's last night. That lets the defense off the hook in at least an extra 4 possessions. Settling like that in that type of game with so much on the line is very telling about him mentally in my opinion.

It's one thing to just not play great, but to do that...really bad look.

And that doesn't even begin to describe his lackluster late game play in which the game was there to be taken...at home...with the finals on the line.

I hope the Thunder win game 7 so it doesn't really matter, but I'm not sure they can do it after this performance. Always a chance, but they obviously just messed up their best chance.

Hey Yo
05-29-2016, 11:09 AM
It wasn't just the 4th quarter though. He shot like shit all night.

He was 9-24 going in the 4th. Sure, you want your superstar to perform well down the stretch, but the way he'd been shooting all game was an inkling of how it was probably going to be for KD in the 4th.

Thunder in the final 5 minute
• Held 7-point lead
• Committed 6 turnovers
• Outscored 19-5

Da_Realist
05-29-2016, 11:17 AM
This is true, but also...the man took eight 3's last night. That lets the defense off the hook in at least an extra 4 possessions. Settling like that in that type of game with so much on the line is very telling about him mentally in my opinion.

It's one thing to just not play great, but to do that...really bad look.

And that doesn't even begin to describe his lackluster late game play in which the game was there to be taken...at home...with the finals on the line.

I hope the Thunder win game 7 so it doesn't really matter, but I'm not sure they can do it after this performance. Always a chance, but they obviously just messed up their best chance.

You have to think long term. OKC needed that game. What better way will teach them they need stability offensively? They run either hot or cold and they are always wild. No discernment with shot selection, no dependable post game...just bull in a china shop mentality. They are not the smartest team. However a game like last night will definitely get their attention. Either they use it to propel them to a Game 7 victory or they meditate on it all summer and come back better. It is not their effort, it's their lack of understanding the nuances of the game and how to best utilize their strengths while minimizing their weaknesses. The key is not their heart, but between the ears.

LA_Showtime
05-29-2016, 11:27 AM
Quietly, Durant hasn't been the same player this season as in years past. He's still a great player and sure-fire hall of fame guy but he hasn't been able to create separation on his shots.

Euroleague
05-29-2016, 11:33 AM

Which is why it's comical when people claim Giannis can play point guard against any actual real defense.

DonDadda59
05-29-2016, 11:37 AM
KD did about as much as one human being can possibly do to lose a game. And even with Klay going ham egg n cheese, they still had complete control of the game. All they had to do was not f*ck up, but that's just what they did. If I didn't know better, I'd say Durant went completely out of his way to lose it for OKC. That was World Class point-shaving.

If it comes out in a few months that Draymond slipped KD a couple of bills during halftime to throw the game, I'd believe it. Wouldn't even question it. I'd just be like "Sounds about right."

ArbitraryWater
05-29-2016, 11:43 AM
Lil B still doing work, amazing.. KD has to shake off his bitchassness in game 7.

If they lose, he will never live this one down.

Oh, and:

https://i.gyazo.com/a7249a579f701a31452f5edfd967b44f.png

ArbitraryWater
05-29-2016, 11:43 AM
Highest release point in the NBA and struggles to take good shots. Such trouble seperating himself in space.

dazzer87
05-29-2016, 11:45 AM
FT35 couldnt get to the line......NOT his fault....Blame the refs.

bdonovan
05-29-2016, 11:46 AM

Yep. I agree on the post-up game; he might have a hard time holding his position given that his opposing defender is usually bigger than him or stronger, and can push him out of position, but they could make it work. Nowitzki does something similar. Durant is better when he receives the ball near the paint or elbow, not dribbling from the 3 point line; especially in end of game playoff situations where they dont' call fouls.

dazzer87
05-29-2016, 11:47 AM
https://i.gyazo.com/a7249a579f701a31452f5edfd967b44f.png
Please dont compare this hack to Karl......:facepalm

jayfan
05-29-2016, 11:49 AM
He was terrible last night. The whole game.

fragokota
05-29-2016, 11:51 AM

As he grows older, the pressure to finally win gets bigger and bigger. No pressure when he was 23-25. It's starting to get to him now it seems.

jayfan
05-29-2016, 11:53 AM
KD did about as much as one human being can possibly do to lose a game. And even with Klay going ham egg n cheese, they still had complete control of the game. All they had to do was not f*ck up, but that's just what they did. If I didn't know better, I'd say Durant went completely out of his way to lose it for OKC. That was World Class point-shaving.

If it comes out in a few months that Draymond slipped KD a couple of bills during halftime to throw the game, I'd believe it. Wouldn't even question it. I'd just be like "Sounds about right."

Would have probably been before the game. He was just as bad in the first half as the second.

DonDadda59
05-29-2016, 11:57 AM
Would have probably been before the game. He was just as bad in the first half as the second.

First half he seemed to just be missing shots he normally makes (outside of that random half court chuck... da fuq was that? :confusedshrug: ). Second half he was clearly shaving points. Not even trying to be subtle about it.

Hey Yo
05-29-2016, 12:01 PM

He had a lot of help from Russ who had 4TO'S in the last 1:29 of the game.

STATUTORY
05-29-2016, 12:06 PM
they lost the lead by that point and Russell's play was the reason they had the lead to begin with

Durant has no one to blame but himself, pitiful last night

jayfan
05-29-2016, 12:08 PM
First half he seemed to just be missing shots he normally makes (outside of that random half court chuck... da fuq was that? :confusedshrug: ). Second half he was clearly shaving points. Not even trying to be subtle about it.

I hear ya. But he wasn't just missing shots in the first half, he was ball-hogging hard.

Hey Yo
05-29-2016, 12:14 PM
they lost the lead by that point and Russell's play was the reason they had the lead to begin with

Durant has no one to blame but himself, pitiful last night
3 of the TO's were when OKC was down by 3.

move along....

Mr Feeny
05-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Whatever the reason...doesn't really matter why..

This game, if the Thunder lose game 7, is a huge...in a bad way...legacy game for Durant

Sucks because I wanted KD to stay in OKC long term, now if they lose this series, it opens up a far greater possibility he leaves this summer or signs a 1/1 and leaves next summer

Really surprised at that performance last night

Yeah, they're on a very of a collapse which will have ramifications for years to come. It's a legacy game in every sense for him. If he goes down meekly, I don't think he comes back from it. Not at the level he was projected to have reached anyways.

Da_Realist
05-29-2016, 12:33 PM

This made me laugh out loud for real. :oldlol: Great post.

Mr Feeny
05-29-2016, 12:34 PM
Highest release point in the NBA and struggles to take good shots. Such trouble seperating himself in space.

This is what I don't get. Why is he struggling? He's a giant playing on the perimeter with a really high release. How is he NOT getting better looks. Something is going wrong and I can't quite put my finger on it.

STATUTORY
05-29-2016, 12:38 PM
3 of the TO's were when OKC was down by 3.

move along....
so they already lost the lead as i said...

Hey Yo
05-29-2016, 12:51 PM
Yeah, cause no team has ever came back and won being down by 3 with 1:39 left.

:rolleyes:

ArbitraryWater
05-29-2016, 01:01 PM
Yeah, cause no team has ever came back and won being down by 3 with 1:39 left.

:rolleyes:

why are you so hard pressed on trying to find the faults in Westbrook? He played good, most of the TO's came from panic mode after KD did everything possible to throw the game until they finally did fall behind.

Stop derailing, some good posts here.

Hey Yo
05-29-2016, 01:07 PM
why are you so hard pressed on trying to find the faults in Westbrook? He played good, most of the TO's came from panic mode after KD did everything possible to throw the game until they finally did fall behind.

Stop derailing, some good posts here.
All I said was it didn't help OKC 's cause that Russ turned it over 4x in the last 1:39. If you don't think that played no part in their 4th qtr collapse/ losing.....you're entitled to.

I already posted earlier in this thread that KD shot like shit the whole game, while you just specified the 4th quarter. That's why I mentioned Russ....."in the 4th quarter"

ArbitraryWater
05-29-2016, 01:27 PM
KD's Lowlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RqS7yS4cAA

PP34Deuce
05-29-2016, 01:28 PM
OKC has not shared the ball like they used to. Westbrook has dumb turnovers but also puts pressure on the warriors. The issue is Durant gets the ball and can't feel the double team or handle physicality.

Iggy is dangerous one on one defensively. You've got to move the ball and person.

OKC could blow golden state out. Or give up.

BlakFrankWhite
05-29-2016, 01:32 PM
History has been kind to KD. Westbrook and Scott Brooks get all the blame for KD's chokes.

God, what wouldn't I do to see 2012 KD show up for game 7.

tontoz
05-29-2016, 01:34 PM
This is what I don't get. Why is he struggling? He's a giant playing on the perimeter with a really high release. How is he NOT getting better looks. Something is going wrong and I can't quite put my finger on it.

Trying to do too much off the dribble. I guess he feels like if he passes it he won't get it back.

BlakFrankWhite
05-29-2016, 01:38 PM

You can see clearly, the dude is gassed... And i ain't surprised coz he pretty much carries this team on his back.

He Singlehandedly won us the Mavs series , gm 2 & 5 vs Spurs and gm 1 & 4 vs GSW.

tpols
05-29-2016, 01:46 PM
KD's Lowlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RqS7yS4cAA

look how many of those bricks were rebounded by the role players and put back in lol.. it didnt even matter that he was missing, they were still getting 2 points or an extra possession almost every trip.

RedBlackAttack
05-29-2016, 02:07 PM
look how many of those bricks were rebounded by the role players and put back in lol.. it didnt even matter that he was missing, they were still getting 2 points or an extra possession almost every trip.
I saw maybe three really good looks in that entire package. I don't know whose fault it is, but you have to be able to get better shots than just two-dribble pull-ups with one or two guys contesting.

I know Durant's length allows him to make contested shots because his release point is so high, but that video was basically a clinic in settling. And, a player of Durant's caliber should never be settling that much in any one game.

Credit to GSW as well, because they just were not giving him open looks or seams to the basket. They dared Durant to either take all of these contested shots or pass the ball and he made it clear that he wasn't trying to be a playmaker or decoy.

And they didn't show all of the costly turnovers, especially late in the game.

He still has one more game to redeem himself, but if Golden State comes out tomorrow and puts the final nail in the coffin, KD will be the one shouldering the majority of the blame for that awful performance in one of the biggest games in franchise history.

stalkerforlife
05-29-2016, 02:36 PM
At least he went out guns blazing unlike some players that constantly look for bailouts.

Da_Realist
05-29-2016, 02:55 PM
At least he went out guns blazing unlike some players that constantly look for bailouts.

Pretty sure Durant would trade his guns for 2 titles and a guaranteed chance at another.

stalkerforlife
05-29-2016, 03:04 PM
Pretty sure Durant would trade his guns for 2 titles and a guaranteed chance at another.

If he'd do that, wouldn't he have already colluded twice by now in an already historically weak conference? :biggums:

Winning one in OKC would mean a hell of a lot more than two by jumping from team to team to form super teams.

BlazerRed
05-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Agreed. KD is my boy, maybe he was my boy, I'm getting real tired of his shit. Dude used to be a stone cold mother ****er in the clutch. The last few years he has been questionable. Sure, he has some killer games, but it's not consistently there. His shooting has been off all playoffs... he can't hit a three pointer to save his life. OKC hit like 3/20 three pointers yesterday... can't remember the exact stats but if he hits just two more it was over.

You let me down KD... if you lose this series I'm not sure it can be forgiven.

ArbitraryWater
05-29-2016, 03:57 PM
Agreed. KD is my boy, maybe he was my boy, I'm getting real tired of his shit. Dude used to be a stone cold mother ****er in the clutch. The last few years he has been questionable. Sure, he has some killer games, but it's not consistently there. His shooting has been off all playoffs... he can't hit a three pointer to save his life. OKC hit like 3/20 three pointers yesterday... can't remember the exact stats but if he hits just two more it was over.

You let me down KD... if you lose this series I'm not sure it can be forgiven.

Same bro.. I've gotten to appreciate him at the wrong time, almost.. but Im sticking with the avatar and the fam, dont let me down tomorrow KD.. dont :( :no:

DMAVS41
05-29-2016, 03:58 PM
I saw maybe three really good looks in that entire package. I don't know whose fault it is, but you have to be able to get better shots than just two-dribble pull-ups with one or two guys contesting.

I know Durant's length allows him to make contested shots because his release point is so high, but that video was basically a clinic in settling. And, a player of Durant's caliber should never be settling that much in any one game.

Credit to GSW as well, because they just were not giving him open looks or seams to the basket. They dared Durant to either take all of these contested shots or pass the ball and he made it clear that he wasn't trying to be a playmaker or decoy.

And they didn't show all of the costly turnovers, especially late in the game.

He still has one more game to redeem himself, but if Golden State comes out tomorrow and puts the final nail in the coffin, KD will be the one shouldering the majority of the blame for that awful performance in one of the biggest games in franchise history.

It's mainly on Durant. He settled on most possessions. The fact that he took 8 threes in that game is just beyond dumb...and bad. There is no defending that...especially with his shot clearly not falling most of the night.

The fact that he was so willing to two dribble pull ups like you said and contested threes all night is very telling.

I really like the Thunder, but this could end up being an all timer in terms of losses. We'll see in a little over 24 hours, but if they lose game 7...ugh...it could be franchise killing. Because Durant could leave, Westbrook could leave a year later....so much is in play now if they lose this series after failing to win a home game to beat one of the best teams of all time with the game just set up perfectly for Durant...

Could potentially haunt them for a long long long time...and the West sure doesn't seem to be getting any easier and as long as Lebron is in the East...there will be a tough finals opponent waiting each year.

Ben Simmons
05-29-2016, 04:02 PM
It's mainly on Durant. He settled on most possessions. The fact that he took 8 threes in that game is just beyond dumb...and bad. There is no defending that...especially with his shot clearly not falling most of the night.

The fact that he was so willing to two dribble pull ups like you said and contested threes all night is very telling.

I really like the Thunder, but this could end up being an all timer in terms of losses. We'll see in a little over 24 hours, but if they lose game 7...ugh...it could be franchise killing. Because Durant could leave, Westbrook could leave a year later....so much is in play now if they lose this series after failing to win a home game to beat one of the best teams of all time with the game just set up perfectly for Durant...

Could potentially haunt them for a long long long time...and the West sure doesn't seem to be getting any easier and as long as Lebron is in the East...there will be a tough finals opponent waiting each year.
"West doesn seem to be getting easier." We watching the same West?

Ben Simmons
05-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Durant is not a good three point shooter anymore. That's where most of the blame lies. Also no excuse not the run the pick and roll multiple times to get him better looks. Just dont let him pass cause he's a turnover waiting to happen

BlazerRed
05-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Same bro.. I've gotten to appreciate him at the wrong time, almost.. but Im sticking with the avatar and the fam, dont let me down tomorrow KD.. dont :( :no:
:cry:

BlazerRed
05-29-2016, 04:09 PM
Durant is not a good three point shooter anymore. That's where most of the blame lies. Also no excuse not the run the pick and roll multiple times to get him better looks. Just dont let him pass cause he's a turnover waiting to happen
The weird thing is that a good shooter doesn't just lose his shooting ability. How could he possibly shoot such a poor percentage. Dude usually hits about 40% which is a great number. I thought over the course of the playoffs the law of averages would even out but he could just never get it going.

necya
05-29-2016, 04:10 PM
he made 2 mistakes late in the game, the first turnover shown in the gif and the quick 3pts attempt, but nobody can't say he is a choker or a loser. you can't score 20pts in the 4th in every games.
Concerning the second turnover, it's not really OKC dynamic duo's fault, i prefer to talk about the quick tip by Green.

CelticBaller
05-29-2016, 04:10 PM
Hope he loses and bails to the Celtics

Ben Simmons
05-29-2016, 04:14 PM
The weird thing is that a good shooter doesn't just lose his shooting ability. How could he possibly shoot such a poor percentage. Dude usually hits about 40% which is a great number. I thought over the course of the playoffs the law of averages would even out but he could just never get it going.
Yes it happens all the time actually. This is the nba, a slight change will affect you greatly cause the defense is so good.

DMAVS41
05-29-2016, 05:24 PM
"West doesn seem to be getting easier." We watching the same West?

Why would you think the Warriors and Spurs are going to get worse?

The Spurs certainly won't...especially if Duncan and Manu retire as they were net negative players in the playoffs this year.

I'm not going to go through every team, but most of the superstar players play in the West and a few teams are not that far away from being heard from come playoff time.

Lebron23
05-29-2016, 05:28 PM
Very disappointing performance from KD. Yesterday was the last time I'm rooting for the OKC Thunder.

Such a terrible performance from the former NBA league MVP.

dazzer87
05-29-2016, 05:39 PM
Not enough FT.......this is on the refs.......

Lebron23
05-29-2016, 05:41 PM
He was like a 6'10" James Harden last night.

ArbitraryWater
05-29-2016, 06:54 PM
KD definitely jacks too often from deep.. I remember early in game 1 or 2, he seemed to get to the rim at EASE, yet he hardly seems to try since then. Or even put on a few moves.

Westbrook meanwhile does it consistently.

ClipperRevival
05-29-2016, 08:45 PM
Dude choked. No way to sugarcoat it. Took ill advised shots the entire game, not just the 4th. Definitely has beta genes when the chios are down.

coin24
05-29-2016, 09:11 PM
Very disappointing performance from KD. Yesterday was the last time I'm rooting for the OKC Thunder.

Such a terrible performance from the former NBA league MVP.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

You just wanted the thunder through cause you know they'll choke in the finals..

Luckily the warriors should advance to wipe there asses with the cavs, get ready for the land of 3 straight finals losses :cheers:

raprap
05-29-2016, 09:35 PM
His shot selection was horrible. But i give credit to iggy on his Defense. But still... It was surreal how much he caved in into the pressure.

PickernRoller
05-29-2016, 10:00 PM
Durant making Lebron proud.

http://i61.tinypic.com/21od2e8.png

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2icbfnm.jpg

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PickernRoller
05-29-2016, 10:01 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

You just wanted the thunder through cause you know they'll choke in the finals..

Luckily the warriors should advance to wipe there asses with the cavs, get ready for the land of 3 straight finals losses :cheers:

That's a nice 3-peat there for Bron. The Chosen one. Look at in on the bright side, Duncan doesn't even have a 2-peat.

ClipperRevival
05-29-2016, 10:02 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

:roll: Holy sh't. 2011 on par with Ilt in 1968 and 1969.

LA_Showtime
05-29-2016, 11:53 PM
He was like a 6'10" James Harden last night.

Disagree. Durant hasn't shot well since the playoffs have started but his defense has been stellar.

OldSchoolBBall
05-30-2016, 02:39 AM
OKC has not shared the ball like they used to. .

This is sort of a misstatement. Them "sharing the ball" lasted for a period of about 4-6 weeks. They simply reverted back to old (bad) habits. Game 7 will show if they've truly changed. I doubt it. I expect GS to win - I give OKC about a 15% chance.

Da_Realist
05-30-2016, 02:44 AM
This is sort of a misstatement. Them "sharing the ball" lasted for a period of about 4-6 weeks. They simply reverted back to old (bad) habits. Game 7 will show if they're truly changed. I doubt it. I expect GS to win - I give OKC about a 15% chance.

I'm not sure... they really give GS some problems physically. OKC doesn't need to be perfect -- just a little better than they were the last two games. If OKC plays as well as they can play, I don't think GS can win. I know GS is the smarter team and they have more experience but tomorrow's game will come down to what the Thunder do, not what the Warriors do. If both teams play their best, OKC will win. The question is, will OKC play their best or close to it? I have it at 50-50.

poido123
05-30-2016, 02:48 AM
Mentally soft b.tches plague this league.

A lot has to do with coddling through their college years, money thrown at them and being told they are the best right through to the start of their NBA careers.

Most of these players are mentally soft in the clutch.

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2016, 07:13 AM
PickernRoller and ClipperRevival ruining a good thread :facepalm

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2016, 07:13 AM
Tempted to throw some $ at OKC for game 7.. everybody counting them out.

Mr. Jabbar
05-30-2016, 07:48 AM

http://oi42.tinypic.com/2icbfnm.jpg

LeIlt :roll: :roll:

Brutal

Da_Realist
05-30-2016, 08:07 AM
PickernRoller and ClipperRevival ruining a good thread :facepalm

I'm just saying... GS played their hearts out in Game 5 and OKC was right there at the end. In game 6, OKC played awful not just the last 4 mins but the whole game. Missed free throws, lazy passes, horrible shot selection, hero ball, etc, yet they led most of the game! It took an amazing night by Klay and a horrible finish by OKC for GS to win.

If OKC plays tonight feeling sorry for themselves or if they don't have the right amount of focus, they will lose. But if they come out with a chip on their shoulders, locked in mentally and ready to prove something to the world, they will win. We know what GS will bring to the table but the outcome will really depend on how OKC plays.

Da_Realist
05-30-2016, 08:13 AM
Durant messed up in Game 5 because he wanted it too badly, not because he didn't care. If the team can get him to calm down...

The question has never been about OKC's heart. They want to win. They just need to play smarter. GS needs to come out and play the game of their lives to reduce the margin of error. If they come out arrogant, thinking they got this in the bag (like most fans do), they will lose tonight.

BlakFrankWhite
05-30-2016, 08:16 AM
Mentally soft b.tches plague this league.

A lot has to do with coddling through their college years, money thrown at them and being told they are the best right through to the start of their NBA careers.

Most of these players are mentally soft in the clutch.

"Mentally soft".

Says the dude who was scared shitless of a 16 year old kid blackmailing him. :roll:

Da_Realist
05-30-2016, 08:33 AM
This is not like Portland Chicago in 92. Chicago was the better team even when Portland won. Portland only won because Chicago left them enough crumbs to eat.

This series is the opposite. Aside from game 2, the champs have been eating off the crumbs of OKC! OKC has controlled this series, not GS. If OKC stops being so wasteful (turnovers, bad shots, dumb fouls, etc) GS won't have enough crumbs to eat. All these people counting out OKC don't realize that OKC can win tonight even if GS plays well.

Agassi (when he was focused) could play his best game more consistently than Sampras because he had a larger room of error. He didn't need to play perfect because he could fight his way through the match and force his opponent to wear down.

Sampras (OKC, in this example) had to pinpoint his serve and forehands so he had a smaller room for error when facing Agassi. However, if Sampras managed to play his best game, it didn't matter what Agassi did. Agassi had to hope he could last long enough to wear Sampras down or catch him mentally unfocused. If Agassi played his best but Sampras was a little off, it was an epic match but Agassi usually won. If both Agassi and Sampras played their best, Sampras usually won in 4 hard fought sets.

I'm definitely not equating OKC to Sampras but Sampras had a physical advantage over Agassi. He was taller and had the ability to keep points short no matter what Agassi wanted to do. The matches were mostly on Sampras's racquet. OKC has some physical advatages over GS and has already forced them to change the way they play two or three times this series. If both bring their 'A' game tonight, OKC will win a hard fought game 7.

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2016, 08:37 AM
I'm just saying... GS played their hearts out in Game 5 and OKC was right there at the end. In game 6, OKC played awful not just the last 4 mins but the whole game. Missed free throws, lazy passes, horrible shot selection, hero ball, etc, yet they led most of the game! It took an amazing night by Klay and a horrible finish by OKC for GS to win.

If OKC plays tonight feeling sorry for themselves or if they don't have the right amount of focus, they will lose. But if they come out with a chip on their shoulders, locked in mentally and ready to prove something to the world, they will win. We know what GS will bring to the table but the outcome will really depend on how OKC plays.

They gotta show the team footage of the '06 SAS/DAL series, exactly same shit.. even going against the defending champs.

Luckily I just saw a KD quote saying 'if we play like its a funeral its already over', so hes aware.

tpols
05-30-2016, 12:23 PM

on the flip side, the warriors havent looked good, or like themselves at any point but in first half game 1, second half game 2, and 4th quarter game 6. They started both games 5 and 6 pretty poorly ... so, dont rule an explosion out.

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 12:29 PM
KD was a much better player back in the late 2000s/ early 2010s.

Da_Realist
05-30-2016, 12:54 PM
on the flip side, the warriors havent looked good, or like themselves at any point but in first half game 1, second half game 2, and 4th quarter game 6. They started both games 5 and 6 pretty poorly ... so, dont rule an explosion out.

That's because on the whole the Thunder are actually playing defense. They're not giving up easy walk in layups and they're chasing the Warriors off the three point line. They are long and athletic and they are putting a hand in the Warrior faces. It's not going to be easy unless the Thunder give up.

http://www.welcometoloudcity.com/2016/5/29/11808778/last-chance-film-room-thunder-vs-warriors-game-6-playoffs-2016

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2016, 03:19 PM
KD was a much better player back in the late 2000s/ early 2010s.

***** what

stop saying so much blatantly incorrect things lately lol

Sarcastic
05-30-2016, 07:16 PM
This is not like Portland Chicago in 92. Chicago was the better team even when Portland won. Portland only won because Chicago left them enough crumbs to eat.

This series is the opposite. Aside from game 2, the champs have been eating off the crumbs of OKC! OKC has controlled this series, not GS. If OKC stops being so wasteful (turnovers, bad shots, dumb fouls, etc) GS won't have enough crumbs to eat. All these people counting out OKC don't realize that OKC can win tonight even if GS plays well.

Agassi (when he was focused) could play his best game more consistently than Sampras because he had a larger room of error. He didn't need to play perfect because he could fight his way through the match and force his opponent to wear down.

Sampras (OKC, in this example) had to pinpoint his serve and forehands so he had a smaller room for error when facing Agassi. However, if Sampras managed to play his best game, it didn't matter what Agassi did. Agassi had to hope he could last long enough to wear Sampras down or catch him mentally unfocused. If Agassi played his best but Sampras was a little off, it was an epic match but Agassi usually won. If both Agassi and Sampras played their best, Sampras usually won in 4 hard fought sets.

I'm definitely not equating OKC to Sampras but Sampras had a physical advantage over Agassi. He was taller and had the ability to keep points short no matter what Agassi wanted to do. The matches were mostly on Sampras's racquet. OKC has some physical advatages over GS and has already forced them to change the way they play two or three times this series. If both bring their 'A' game tonight, OKC will win a hard fought game 7.

Interesting comparison, but with tennis and especially 90s tennis, where the courts had more variation than today, those matches came down to the surface they played on. On a fast court like grass or carpet, Sampras was nearly unbeatable. On a slower court, or a tourney that Sampras didn't care about, was really the only time AA could beat him.

DonDadda59
07-04-2016, 10:17 PM

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4c_6Y_KAEVs/T7fxZq8WfmI/AAAAAAAABNs/lCEapCwz7U4/s1600/the-situation-glasses.gif

Theory confirmed. NBA needs to launch an investigation.

Draymond: "Yo KD, play the worst 4th quarter anyone has ever seen in an elimination game and you got a spot on the squad next season."

KD: "Say no more."

Ben Simmons
07-04-2016, 10:38 PM
Draymond Green and Durant were both terrible in that series because they were colluding to team up and play their hardest while matched up against one another

ArbitraryWater
07-05-2016, 07:55 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4c_6Y_KAEVs/T7fxZq8WfmI/AAAAAAAABNs/lCEapCwz7U4/s1600/the-situation-glasses.gif

Theory confirmed. NBA needs to launch an investigation.

Draymond: "Yo KD, play the worst 4th quarter anyone has ever seen in an elimination game and you got a spot on the squad next season."

KD: "Say no more."

no wonder this motherfcker didn't take any shots in the third quarter when OKC blew their lead (game 7).... suspicious af. Honestly. OKC were up 13 and the next quarter down 13... dude didnt take any shots. Probably already had it in his head he'd join this team.

HighFlyer23
07-05-2016, 08:28 AM
This soft b.tch nigg@ aint sh.t

this is your nba ... gay d and stephanie curry ...

dazzer87
07-05-2016, 08:51 AM
People really think FT35 lay low in the fourth qtr so he was letting GSw win????

Dude is a very known choker......

Old Man River
07-05-2016, 08:53 AM
Adding, these two TO's (one of which led to the game tying 3, the other to the dagger, he was only credited for the first one, they gave the other to Westbrook, but IMO KD's forward pass to too harsh and rushed, he should have taken it up himself):

https://i.gyazo.com/d29f539db316e4429ae2966307d5cc6d.gif

https://i.gyazo.com/2714b8160d83d4d859f7be0d436d37d5.gif

^I don't know man, its hard to tell. Westbrook doesn't do a good job of going to the ball and getting a good grip on it, obviously great defensive interference from Green, but I think KD should have done a better job, assessing the situation, realizing Green is near, and its not like Westbrook was way upfront and far away from him. Westbrook was right infront of him, I don't think he trusted himself in that situation to dribble the ball up.
great double team. I don't think he choked just got met with the perfect defense at that time, he passed out of it but had a teammate that can't catch. Probably decided then and there to leave.

feyki
07-05-2016, 09:00 AM
He also single-handedly carried his team in the fourth quarter at game 7 . He put 7 consecutive points in the clutch time and tried to coming back . But Ibaka sold the game after Durant's effort with a stupid foul .

That effort was Dirk type shit , but West and Ibaka was bitching as bitches .

But i agree with game 6 . Durant was terrible in that game .

ArbitraryWater
07-05-2016, 09:11 AM
He also single-handedly carried his team in the fourth quarter at game 7 . He put 7 consecutive points in the clutch time and tried to coming back . But Ibaka sold the game after Durant's effort with a stupid foul .

lol are you serious?

The guy made 2 shots before the final 3 mins of the game... started scoring once they were down 11 w/ 3 mins left. 4/9 for the 4th quarter....

Nothing of that was single handedly carrying :roll:

AND... just 5 shots in the third as a 6 pt lead turned into an 11 pt deficit.

Embarrassing.

Magic 32
07-05-2016, 09:13 AM
He is going to play in a offensive system now. And without the blackest hole in NBA history.

It's over. :bowdown:

Old Man River
07-05-2016, 10:08 AM
He is going to play in a offensive system now. And without the blackest hole in NBA history.

It's over. :bowdown:
really he should be great in pick and rolls. but needs a legit point guard and no I'm not saying curry is but he is more so than Westbrook, plus Draymond likes to pass. Imagine Durant with open looks for once.

MP.Trey
07-05-2016, 10:10 AM
He'll fit right in to the Warriors choking culture.

SecondTake
07-05-2016, 12:57 PM

Yeah he carried garbage time.