PDA

View Full Version : I feel bad for the OKC supporting cast

Unreal234
05-29-2016, 12:18 PM
Yes they are making millions but they busted their asses only for Durant and Westbrook to literally give away the game. Roberson and Adams in particular have been impressive. You can't teach heart and hustle. Those two are championship caliber players.

ScalsFan21
05-29-2016, 12:29 PM
Yes they are making millions but they busted their asses only for Durant and Westbrook to literally give away the game. Roberson and Adams in particular have been impressive. You can't teach heart and hustle. Those two are championship caliber players.

Agree. Waiters had some great moments too that I wasn't sure he was this consistently capable of. Ibaka very good too too. All of them seemingly playing at the best possible version of themselves... those guys will have great careers, though Adams is one of the dirtiest and most unlikable guys in the L, even ahead of Green.

I never, EVER want to hear that these two guys didn't have as much help as any star tandem could have asked for over the course of a series against a team like this. You can probably count on one hand the number of times the supporting cast let Russ and Kev down this series (I kind of feel like last night could've been some deja vu had Waiters hit that corner 3 in the 2nd to go up like 15-16 points, roof would've blown OFF the way they were rolling). If they lose, the squandering of this 3-1 lead, falls almost ENTIRELY on FT35 and Russ, but it's hard to not to respect the fact that they got that lead to begin with.

BlazerRed
05-29-2016, 12:31 PM
True, they stopped passing the ball at the end and it cost them the game. Westbrook and Durant had multiple looks to open cutters Ibaka/Waiters to close the game but forced shots.

Ben Simmons
05-29-2016, 01:00 PM
Durant and Westbrook are literally wasting away a once in a life time opportunity.

Unreal234
05-29-2016, 01:50 PM
Agree. Waiters had some great moments too that I wasn't sure he was this consistently capable of. Ibaka very good too too. All of them seemingly playing at the best possible version of themselves... those guys will have great careers, though Adams is one of the dirtiest and most unlikable guys in the L, even ahead of Green.

I never, EVER want to hear that these two guys didn't have as much help as any star tandem could have asked for over the course of a series against a team like this. You can probably count on one hand the number of times the supporting cast let Russ and Kev down this series (I kind of feel like last night could've been some deja vu had Waiters hit that corner 3 in the 2nd to go up like 15-16 points, roof would've blown OFF the way they were rolling). If they lose, the squandering of this 3-1 lead, falls almost ENTIRELY on FT35 and Russ, but it's hard to not to respect the fact that they got that lead to begin with.

Agreed.

Remember when Ibaka said this earlier this season:

[I]

STATUTORY
05-29-2016, 01:52 PM
They are only in game 7 because of the supporting cast and Russell Westbrook

you can switch out KD for a random SF and the team would been just fine