PDA

View Full Version : Curry has set the bar ridiculously high for him self

Akhenaten
05-29-2016, 04:44 PM
So log in only to see some goffy on here talmbout Klay has single-handedly "carried" the Warriors the last two games :facepalm

I mean I know a lot of yall on here think yall are just so clever with the little goofy trolling so I get dude just pushing his lil agenda but still

Curry over the past 2 games has avg 30/9/8 with 4 steals 42% FG and is getting carried :biggums:

and then there's a line of other cretins agreeing with this nonsense smh

aj1987
05-29-2016, 04:47 PM
So log in only to see some goffy on here talmbout Klay has single-handedly "carried" the Warriors the last two games :facepalm

I mean I know a lot of yall on here think yall are just so clever with the little goofy trolling so I get dude just pushing his lil agenda but still

Curry over the past 2 games has avg 30/9/8 with 4 steals 42% FG and is getting carried :biggums:

It's not just Curry. People were hating on Wade after he scored 38 and the Heat lost the game. Haters are gonna hate if the player doesn't score 30/10/10 on 60% and shut down the opposition.

That being said, Klay has been amazing! Dude is a monster.

tpols
05-29-2016, 04:50 PM
they are desperate to devalue curry's impact because its getting dangerous for them and their precious Bulls record (if GSW wins they can just claim Curry wasnt the best player on the team as a means of discrediting)

klay has been awesome, probably better than curry due to the timing he got his stats with .. but so what? Green has been beyond ass, as has bogut, livingston, etc. what, Currys not allowed to get ANY help?

Snarky Narc
05-29-2016, 04:51 PM
It's not just Curry. People were hating on Wade after he scored 38 and the Heat lost the game. Haters are gonna hate if the player doesn't score 30/10/10 on 60% and shut down the opposition.

That being said, Klay has been amazing! Dude is a monster.
100%

scuzzy
05-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Klay actually plays both ways and literally SHUT DOWN Westbrook the last two games. Guarding the #1 pg in the league and shooting lights out, keeping the Warriors in the game is why he's the MVP of the series, so far

Snarky Narc
05-29-2016, 04:53 PM
klay has been awesome, probably better than curry due to the timing he got his stats with .. but so what? Green has been beyond ass, as has bogut, livingston, etc. what, Currys not allowed to get ANY help?[/QUOTE]
Green is a great player, put he looks completely exposed against Okc.

Snarky Narc
05-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Klay actually plays both ways and literally SHUT DOWN Westbrook the last two games. Guarding the #1 pg in the league and shooting lights out, keeping the Warriors in the game is why he's the MVP of the series, so far
Nobody is demeaning Klay here, just countering the narrative of those discrediting Curry.

SexSymbol
05-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Curry has been great on defense last two guys. Completely embarrassed Durant 1x1 defensively

Ben Simmons
05-29-2016, 04:57 PM
Stop it, this is the same thing that happens to every player that plays great and loses. Warriors won, but were dangerously close to being eliminated.

I dont care about Curry's stats. if you watched the game last night, he was shook and playing like garbage. Obviously he closed it out with great play, but no one watching that game would tell you Curry was playing well until that 4th

SexSymbol
05-29-2016, 04:59 PM
Stop it, this is the same thing that happens to every player that plays great and loses. Warriors won, but were dangerously close to being eliminated.

I dont care about Curry's stats. if you watched the game last night, he was shook and playing like garbage. Obviously he closed it out with great play, but no one watching that game would tell you Curry was playing well until that 4th
Completely not true, he was driving the offense very well and controlling the tempo of the game by himself.
You do not understand anything about basketball strategy, do not post anything about it again please

scuzzy
05-29-2016, 05:05 PM
Curry has been great on defense last two guys. Completely embarrassed Durant 1x1 defensively
On who? Roberson? He's drifting off him and playing weak side help on traps and shooting lanes

One defensive strip off Durant isn't embarrassing. Can you post durants highlights/lowlights recently to see these Curry guarding his shots? Seriously, I'd actually like to see

Curry gets blown by on defense 1v1, every time, it's the secondary help he gets from Green and Bogut that camouflages this

stalkerforlife
05-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Bransvestites live to troll and troll to live.

Being real is not in their repertoire.

STATUTORY
05-29-2016, 05:10 PM
just upset bran fans grasping for straws

SexSymbol
05-29-2016, 05:12 PM
On who? Roberson? He's drifting off him and playing weak side help on traps and shooting lanes

One defensive strip off Durant isn't embarrassing. Can you post durants highlights/lowlights recently to see these Curry guarding his shots? Seriously, I'd actually like to see

Curry gets blown by on defense 1v1, every time, it's the secondary help he gets from Green and Bogut that camouflages this
Whole post is not really true.
It was two seperate possessions that Curry dominated Durant on defense, a guy who's MUCH bigger than him.
And he's also doing a GREAT job 1x1 against Westbrook, 7-25 shooting I believe.

oarabbus
05-29-2016, 05:49 PM
they are desperate to devalue curry's impact because its getting dangerous for them and their precious Bulls record (if GSW wins they can just claim Curry wasnt the best player on the team as a means of discrediting)

klay has been awesome, probably better than curry due to the timing he got his stats with .. but so what? Green has been beyond ass, as has bogut, livingston, etc. what, Currys not allowed to get ANY help?

Well said

Spurs m8
05-29-2016, 05:50 PM
Anyone who actually watched last nights game knows Klay and Iggy carried the team.

Curry only goes on runs when the Warriors are doing well.....goes missing otherwise.

Deer in headlights sh*ts himself

Like the Finals last year.

warriorfan
05-29-2016, 06:49 PM

lmao its so funny

curry has these guys so shook its insane :oldlol:

scuzzy
05-29-2016, 06:59 PM
Whole post is not really true.
It was two seperate possessions that Curry dominated Durant on defense, a guy who's MUCH bigger than him.
And he's also doing a GREAT job 1x1 against Westbrook, 7-25 shooting I believe.

I've found primary defender stats to be really, really messy. I don't think they should be relied on without actually watching the clips.

This is because when Westbrook drives, Curry is no longer the primary (closest) defender. It's Green/Bogut/Izeli that are contesting. In Currys defense though, EVEREONE that guards WB when he drives gets blown by

Curry has defended 1.1 shot at the rim this postseason, below almost everyone per Player Tracking

G6 isn't up yet so I dug up G5:

http://on.nba.com/20J3Db5 - Westbrook's FGAs from G5
http://on.nba.com/1ORuqvC - Curry's FGAs from G5

I haven't counted the other games in the series for Westbrook, but G5 Curry was the on-ball defender 3 times on his FGAs. On 2, he drives by Curry easily but faces a tough contest in the middle and misses. On 1, he gets a step by Curry from an Adams screen and makes a layup.

So it looks like Curry didn't really play a part at all in Westbrook's bad shooting. Even Klay was a bit sketchy on defending some of them, although he brought a lot more intensity than the last game.

On the other end, Westbrook is the defender on 7 of Curry's FGAs. 1 is a 3 that Westbrook doesn't contest. 1 is a corner 3 where Westbrook loses him for a second and is late to contest. 1 is good help defense when Curry drives by Durant. 2 are Curry driving by Westbrook easily and meeting Adams/Ibaka/etc. at the rim. 2 are good 3 contests, but on one of em Westbrook blows his correct assignment and the Warrior in the corner (Barnes or whoever, not going back to check D:) passes on a relatively open 3 - so Westbrook's contest on Curry is good, but he screwed up before it.

j3lademaster
05-29-2016, 07:00 PM

and then there's a line of other cretins agreeing with this nonsense smhIf Michael Jordan, Lebron or Kobe had a 30/9/8 esque statline with their second option going ham like Klay did they would get a lot of crap about being 'carried' too. Just shows Curry is in that group of players now.

Also Curry's assists are misleading. Basic chest pass to Klay and Klay hits from 3 feet beyond with a hand in his face= assist. There were a lot like this from Curry being the primary ball handler.

warriorfan
05-29-2016, 07:03 PM
I've found primary defender stats to be really, really messy. I don't think they should be relied on without actually watching the clips.

This is because when Westbrook drives, Curry is no longer the primary (closest) defender.

Curry had defended 1.1 shot at the rim this postseason, below almost everyone per Player Tracking

I haven't counted the other games in the series for Westbrook, but G5 Curry was the on-ball defender 3 times on his FGAs. On 2, he drives by Curry easily but faces a tough contest in the middle and misses. On 1, he gets a step by Curry from an Adams screen and makes a layup.

So it looks like Curry didn't really play a part at all in Westbrook's bad shooting. Even Klay was a bit sketchy on defending some of them, although he brought a lot more intensity than the last game.

On the other end, Westbrook is the defender on 7 of Curry's FGAs. 1 is a 3 that Westbrook doesn't contest. 1 is a corner 3 where Westbrook loses him for a second and is late to contest. 1 is good help defense when Curry drives by Durant. 2 are Curry driving by Westbrook easily and meeting Adams/Ibaka/etc. at the rim. 2 are good 3 contests, but on one of em Westbrook blows his correct assignment and the Warrior in the corner (Barnes or whoever, not going back to check D:) passes on a relatively open 3 - so Westbrook's contest on Curry is good, but he screwed up before it.

go outside :roll:

Hey Yo
05-29-2016, 07:12 PM

Didn't Roberson have 2 un-contested dunks, in the 1st half, like 2mins apart?

Remember Curry watching dude hang from the rim and the look on his face..."damn, that was my guy"

aj1987
05-29-2016, 07:14 PM
Scuzzy just raped you, dude. You need to file a police report.

Mr. Jabbar
05-29-2016, 07:20 PM

:lol :lol

OldSchoolBBall
05-29-2016, 07:48 PM
If you don't think the fact that they needed a RECORD SETTING, HISTORIC performance from Klay (11 threes and I think 20 straight points for GS in the 3rd to swing momentum back their way), and that Curry was largely invisible until AFTER momentum had swung their way and the game was close, says a lot about the quality of their team, and about Curry, you don't know basketball.

Yes, Curry in the 4th came through also (along with more insanity from Klay), but he wasn't the one who spearheaded that. He was pretty poor for most of the game until things were close again. This shows me that, while not being a front-runner per se, he plays better when things are even or they're up. He doesn't have the tenacity to lead a charge from being down 12-15+ by himself and rally his team around him. Apparently that's Klay's job.

Genaro
05-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Well, according to some guys on ISH Kobe was carried by Shaq despite avg 29 points, so nothing new here.

Straight_Ballin
05-29-2016, 08:31 PM
Well, according to some lebrontards on ISH Kobe was carried by Shaq despite avg 29 points, so nothing new here.

It's great though because their boy only has 2 rings so they try to say that Kobe really only has 2 rings since he played on "shaq's team". Then they put their heads down and run for the hills as soon as they are told that Lebron played on "wade's team" and has 0 rings.

So easy to shut down lebrontards and their foolish agenda. The best way to shut down trolls is to troll the hell out of them.

jstern
05-29-2016, 08:37 PM
Curry has set the bar high. He's being compared to the likes of Jordan, Bird, etc. So when he doesn't produce like those guys in big games people will say things, especially when his team as a whole is coming big for him.

Bankaii
05-29-2016, 09:36 PM

This is because when Westbrook drives, Curry is no longer the primary (closest) defender. It's Green/Bogut/Izeli that are contesting. In Currys defense though, EVEREONE that guards WB when he drives gets blown by

Curry has defended 1.1 shot at the rim this postseason, below almost everyone per Player Tracking

Good post:applause:

warriorfan
05-29-2016, 09:38 PM
scuzzy = bankaii = jameer aka the guy who posts all night on new years eve while threatening to commit suicide

:roll: :roll:

PsychoBe
05-29-2016, 09:57 PM
klay was curry's only help. everyone else aside from iggy's defense was complete dog shit. it's like what tpols said, ppl don't want curry to have any help at all :lol

Bankaii
05-29-2016, 10:05 PM
scuzzy = bankaii = jameer aka the guy who posts all night on new years eve while threatening to commit suicide

:roll: :roll:
You have 13,000 posts in 2 years you pathetic loser.
This is my only account. I know this sounds crazy to you but some people have lives outside of the Internet.

warriorfan
05-29-2016, 10:08 PM
This is my only account. I know this sounds crazy to you but some people have lives outside of the Internet.

ok jameer :roll:

I started posting in 2010, thats 6 years

you have one account with over 44,000 posts

you posted all night on new years eve for christs sake :lol

TommyGriffin
05-29-2016, 10:11 PM
I don't usually get into things like this but how do you know about stuff that happened two years ago if that is your only account which was made in 2015?

riseagainst
05-29-2016, 10:17 PM

what's crazy is that his 3 point % is higher than his FG% and just about half his shots are 3 pointers.

:biggums:

Bankaii
05-29-2016, 10:41 PM
ok jameer :roll:

I started posting in 2010, thats 6 years

you have one account with over 44,000 posts

you posted all night on new years eve for christs sake :lol
Again, this is my only account.
How can you even talk about alts? You responded to my post with your alt 3 minutes after this post lol.

And stop lying. This account had less than 1,000 posts before the Warriors championship run in 2015. There are plenty of screenshots proving your pathetic posting:oldlol:

scuzzy
05-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Again, this is my only account.
How can you even talk about alts? You responded to my post with your alt 3 minutes after this post lol.

And stop lying. This account had less than 1,000 posts before the Warriors championship run in 2015. There are plenty of screenshots proving your pathetic posting:oldlol:

Yep, He's posted nearly 5000 times since this screenshot below in December

Not including his alts, like where he forgets to log onto his MontaEllisMVP account :roll:

He's so ashamed about it that he'll cry that it's photoshopped :lol

http://i66.tinypic.com/nobp8p.jpg

kamil
05-29-2016, 11:03 PM

What's he supposed to do? Set the bar low?