PDA

View Full Version : Can a case be made that Klay Thompson isn't just flat out better than Curry?

AintNoSunshine
05-29-2016, 10:54 PM
Dude's every bit as explosive as Curry.

- 37 points in a quarter, NBA record

- 11 threes in a Playoff game, also an NBA record

- beat Curry in a contest of what Curry does best, shoot 3's

- guards the opposition's best guard, night in night out, because Curry is horrendous on defense as we all know.

- last but now least, Curry is known to wilt in the Playoffs where it matters. Klay has been carrying this team like a real franchise player while Curry hides behind him because his game doesn't translate into the Playoffs.

To summarize Klay is as lethal if not more as Curry but universe better on defense. Too bad he doesn't have the same green light otherwise we will see Klays explosion much more often.

I just can't make a case for Curry anymore. And I am the biggest Curry fan out there, he simply isn't the same when the Playoffs rolls around and his magics disappear for the large part.:(

Asukal
05-29-2016, 10:57 PM
He's not better, but its close.

AintNoSunshine
05-29-2016, 10:59 PM
He's not better, but its close.
He's better but it's close

See? I can do it too

theaussieguy
05-29-2016, 11:01 PM
joke of a thread....mods

Bankaii
05-29-2016, 11:02 PM
Imo Klay at his best has the ability to be just as good as Curry at his best due to the fact that as pure shooters Curry isn't that much better.

The only thing is consistency. Klay really needs to develop some handles so he won't be so dependent on playing off ball and running off screens.

Don't even factor in defense...

Asukal
05-29-2016, 11:03 PM
He's better but it's close

See? I can do it too

Even Klay would disagree with you. :oldlol:

raprap
05-29-2016, 11:05 PM
Special player but he's not better than Curry. Still saved the Warriors season tho. Dub fans are really lucky to have them both.

Young X
05-29-2016, 11:06 PM
Hell no. What it comes down to is he doesn't have the ballhandling and passing ability aka playmaking/shot creation. Plus, as great of a shooter as he is, he's not the GOAT shooter.

Inferno
05-29-2016, 11:14 PM
No, he isn't.

Still a great player though, and I hope he keeps developing those handles :bowdown:

Straight_Ballin
05-29-2016, 11:26 PM
Klays better defense equates to Currys better playmaking and handling. It's a wash. The thing that gives Curry the edge is the consistency. He's a kunt hair better in post season than Klay, but consistently better reg season.

plowking
05-30-2016, 02:53 AM
Have them both above Lebron.

CJ Mustard
05-30-2016, 02:57 AM
Curry is literally better than him at everything except 1 on 1 defense. A better rebounder despite being way smaller, a better team defender, a better shooter (obviously), much better ball handler, much better finisher around the rim, better FT shooter, significantly better passer and playmaker. We've got some really stupid ****** on this site man. I miss when there was actually some knowledgeable people around.

GrapeApe
05-30-2016, 03:48 AM
Curry is literally better than him at everything except 1 on 1 defense. A better rebounder despite being way smaller, a better team defender, a better shooter (obviously), much better ball handler, much better finisher around the rim, better FT shooter, significantly better passer and playmaker. We've got some really stupid ****** on this site man. I miss when there was actually some knowledgeable people around.

Was going to post basically the same thing. Aside from everything you mentioned, I don't know how someone could look at their numbers the past 2 seasons say that Thompson is better. Curry is a different caliber of player.

Kingwillball
05-30-2016, 10:55 AM

And lebron is literally better than Curry at everything but shooting and handles.

Gileraracer
05-30-2016, 11:00 AM
Klay is good but Curry is more good / gooder

Lebron23
05-30-2016, 11:05 AM
also better than Kobe.

riseagainst
05-30-2016, 11:07 AM
both are better than Lebron.

jayfan
05-30-2016, 11:08 AM
Of course a case can be made that Klay isn't better than Curry. Most everyone agrees.

Is that all?

Done_And_Done
05-30-2016, 11:12 AM

A simple response that is simply accurate.

Klay is stupid good, but Curry would be greater missed in the event of an absence. His impact for this team is unmatched by his fellow Splash Brother...

jimmy77x
05-30-2016, 11:23 AM
And lebron is literally better than Curry at everything but shooting and handles.

Let it go Curry>>>> Bran

Although Bran is better tha curry at taking steroids.

PsychoBe
05-30-2016, 11:30 AM
can a case be made that the op isn't just flat out retarded?

Dresta
05-30-2016, 11:30 AM
Jesus, this is pretty much Klay's first impressive playoff run; talk about premature ejaculation...

ISHGoat
05-30-2016, 11:34 AM
can a case be made that the op isn't just flat out retarded?

No, that case can not be made.

sd3035
05-30-2016, 11:36 AM
Both better than Lebald :applause:

Legends66NBA7
05-30-2016, 11:41 AM
Klay has no case over Steph. Now die in a fire.

sekachu
05-30-2016, 12:05 PM

Curry is good in regular season but klay is more good in playoff

Lebron23
05-30-2016, 12:08 PM
Curry was great in regular season but Klay is better in the playoffs.

Done_And_Done
05-30-2016, 12:12 PM
Klay has no case over Steph. Now die in a fire.

Legibo in the house :lol

BlazerRed
05-30-2016, 12:13 PM
I think he is. Dude has been better these playoffs no doubt. Klay is a playoff performer, Curry isn't.

GoSpursGo1984
05-30-2016, 12:14 PM

Playoff stats
Curry 25 6 5
Thompson 26 3 2

MiseryCityTexas
05-30-2016, 12:15 PM
Naw Curry is better.

Legends66NBA7
05-30-2016, 12:19 PM
Curry is good in regular season but klay is more good in playoff

Maybe because he played more games, but he's just scoring better. Steph is still the focal point of the opposing defense. The Warriors aren't where they are without Steph but good on Klay for making eat some crow here. Birdman is killing it.

PsychoBe
05-30-2016, 12:35 PM
I think he is. Dude has been better these playoffs no doubt. Klay is a playoff performer, Curry isn't.

you have turned into a shit troll ever since curry anally raped your team in overtime

still havin' nightmares lil' boi? :oldlol:

BlazerRed
05-30-2016, 01:04 PM
you have turned into a shit troll ever since curry anally raped your team in overtime

still havin' nightmares lil' boi? :oldlol:
Uhh, we were never going to beat the Warriors, I couldn't care less. Also, Curry has one of the great regular seasons and then his sidekick outperforms him in the playoffs, just like Iggy won FMVP last year. Curry just can't keep his regular season form into playoffs, it's that simple. Klay's impact > Curry's.

No need to get upset because I don't like your new butt buddy bandwagon. Kobe stans, so pathetic... I appreciate that you care about my thoughts though, thanks homie :cheers:

Mr. Jabbar
05-30-2016, 01:21 PM
Ill take both over LeBackseat, easily.

SamuraiSWISH
05-30-2016, 01:23 PM
Klay gets his shot off better against more physical playoff defenses because of his size and the fact he shoots an actual jumper.

Curry shoots a very quick set/push shot. And he's constantly only making dribble moves to pull back for the shot. More predictable. He's guarded tighter than he was in the regular season.

Curry's passing his his greatest other dimension. And ball handling. He might even be a better rebounder than Klay for some reason. But Klay is way better defensively. He's guarding Westbrook every possession.

Curry is better but Klay has been performing more consistently.

warriorfan
05-30-2016, 01:45 PM
Uhh, we were never going to beat the Warriors, I couldn't care less. Also, Curry has one of the great regular seasons and then his sidekick outperforms him in the playoffs, just like Iggy won FMVP last year. Curry just can't keep his regular season form into playoffs, it's that simple. Klay's impact > Curry's.

No need to get upset because I don't like your new butt buddy bandwagon. Kobe stans, so pathetic... I appreciate that you care about my thoughts though, thanks homie :cheers:

meltdown

oarabbus
05-30-2016, 02:14 PM
I give no ****s who's better as long as they wear the blue and golden yellow :banana:

Kingwillball
05-30-2016, 02:17 PM
Ill take both over LeBackseat, easily.

Cause your a troll and don't know sh!t about basketball..

BlazerRed
05-30-2016, 02:17 PM
meltdown
meltdown :oldlol:

oarabbus
05-30-2016, 02:18 PM
Cause your a troll and don't know sh!t about basketball..

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh62/NIKDSC5/23837073_zps34b496c0.jpg

Kingwillball
05-30-2016, 02:19 PM
Let it go Curry>>>> Bran

Although Bran is better tha curry at taking steroids.

Not even close lebron still best in world and has been for a decade.

plowking
05-30-2016, 02:21 PM
Klay is so overrated. Has one good playoff run and he is better than Curry all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, Curry has one or two bad games, and he is apparently not worthy of MVP, not even top 3 on his own team, and is in fact a net negative.

The logic is perfect on this forum.

BlazerRed
05-30-2016, 02:25 PM
Klay is so overrated. Has one good playoff run and he is better than Curry all of a sudden.

Meanwhile, Curry has one or two bad games, and he is apparently not worthy of MVP, not even top 3 on his own team, and is in fact a net negative.

Curry couldn't even with FMVP last year either...

plowking
05-30-2016, 02:30 PM

Well the voting was a pile of shit.

Giving it to a guy that wasn't even guarded on offense.

Curry was clearly better than Iggy.

Legends66NBA7
05-30-2016, 02:32 PM

Not winning FMVP is better than not winning a title.

He still played far better basketball than Klay in those finals. It's funny how after that game 2 began the narrative of how Steph got shut down by Delly, but he didn't have a "bad" game after that. He even went off in game 5 and it seems that many on here ignore that.

On the other hand, Klay struggled the rest of the series after game 2 despite game 2 being his best game of the postseason.

funnystuff
05-30-2016, 02:41 PM

Lmao your logic is retarded. How long has Curry been relevant? Exactly, clown.

Currys only good playoff run came against incredibly hobbled teams. Not facing one healthy starter PG and couldn't hold a candle next to IGGY in terms of impactfulness.

warriorfan
05-30-2016, 02:44 PM
Lmao your logic is retarded. How long has Curry been relevant? Exactly, clown.

Currys only good playoff run came against incredibly hobbled teams. Not facing one starter PG and couldn't hold a candle next to IGGY in terms of impactfulness.

fitting username

KungFuJoe
05-30-2016, 02:58 PM
Klay is great but the offense lives and dies with Curry.

BlazerRed
05-30-2016, 03:11 PM
fitting username

meltdown

BlazerRed
05-30-2016, 03:12 PM
Well the voting was a pile of shit.

Giving it to a guy that wasn't even guarded on offense.

Curry was clearly better than Iggy.
If you're a basketball fan you know Iggy had more impact on that series.

Straight_Ballin
05-30-2016, 03:51 PM
Not winning FMVP is better than not winning a title.

He still played far better basketball than Klay in those finals. It's funny how after that game 2 began the narrative of how Steph got shut down by Delly, but he didn't have a "bad" game after that. He even went off in game 5 and it seems that many on here ignore that.

On the other hand, Klay struggled the rest of the series after game 2 despite game 2 being his best game of the postseason.

Delly was hospitalized....he can't be expected to shut down Klay in every game.

PsychoBe
05-30-2016, 04:54 PM

meltdown.

lillard choked in ot and it still haunts your dreams so now you're doing all you can to try and discredit curry to make yourself feel better :roll: :roll: :roll:

most points in overtime history after coming back from injury. let that sink in lil' boi

BlazerRed
05-30-2016, 04:56 PM
meltdown.

lillard choked in ot and it still haunts your dreams so now you're doing all you can to try and discredit curry to make yourself feel better :roll: :roll: :roll:

most points in overtime history after coming back from injury. let that sink in lil' boi

That honestly has no bearing on anything I am saying... I actually completely forgot that happened until you just mentioned it. Also, I have said on this forum multiple times that people OVERRATE Lillard... so I'm not quite sure what you're getting at. Whatever floats your boat though, bro. Thanks for being a fan :cheers:

hold this L
05-30-2016, 04:57 PM
Congratulations to Portland for becoming the team to let a hobbled guy score 17 in OT and break the OT scoring record. Hold this L and RIP to the city indeed. :lol

BlazerRed
05-30-2016, 05:00 PM
Congratulations to Portland for becoming the team to let a hobbled guy score 17 in OT and break the OT scoring record. Hold this L and RIP to the city indeed. :lol
I was hoping we didn't even make the playoffs :lol

tontoz
05-30-2016, 06:19 PM
Klay gets those catch and shoot 3s because of Curry. I don't see Klay shooting those 3s off the dribble with a man up on him like Curry does.

During the regular season Currys PER was 31.6, Klays was 18.7.

STATUTORY
05-30-2016, 06:23 PM
both better than lebron

iznogood
05-30-2016, 06:44 PM
Klay gets those catch and shoot 3s because of Curry. I don't see Klay shooting those 3s off the dribble with a man up on him like Curry does.

During the regular season Currys PER was 31.6, Klays was 18.7.
I'm not trying to argue Curry's shooting doesn't affect the spacing and the way other players are being defended, but Thompson's off ball game is elite. He knows how to use screens effectively and has a very quick release. How coome Redick gets same looks Thompson does and Clippers aren't even a great 3 point shooting team? Korver gets same looks too and we know that Teague is a 36% career 3 point shooter. Stating that Klay in this situation somehow magically benefits from Curry's ability to shoot off the dribble is oversimplifying in my opinion. No coach is going to bring the on ball defender to defend 2 men of ball screen action anyway.
I do think though that Klay and Steph benefit from each other when they both play off the ball.

Smoke117
05-30-2016, 06:44 PM
lol

plowking
05-30-2016, 11:31 PM
Bump.

Nice close out by Klay tonight.