ArbitraryWater
05-30-2016, 10:47 PM
What is it.. 10 FGA?

KingPush
05-30-2016, 10:48 PM
You should wait until after the game is over before making these threads

NBAGOAT
05-30-2016, 10:49 PM
in b4 he takes 10 shots in the 4th alone.

CelticBaller
05-30-2016, 10:50 PM
Good

Bail out like lebron and come to the weak east. Celtics waiting :)

Ben Simmons
05-30-2016, 10:50 PM
He didnt quit. He's just not forcing shots and he's a shitty passer so he's not drawing doubles

StephHamann
05-30-2016, 10:51 PM
It's over OKC is done, no way they can recover from that.

KD and Westbrook need to go seperate ways

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/uncyclopedia/images/c/ce/Reggie-miller-choke.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20110125062146

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2016, 10:51 PM
He didnt quit. He's just not forcing shots and he's a shitty passer so he's not drawing doubles

He quit. He took like 5 shots between the 8 minute mark of the first and the final seconds of the third.

Straight_Ballin
05-30-2016, 10:52 PM

Then he should have no trouble scoring in iso with no double.

DMAVS41
05-30-2016, 10:52 PM

But he's doing the exact opposite of what his team needs. He should have played like that last game when that is exactly what the Thunder needed instead of him jacking up terrible shots and 8 threes.

Now, his team is out there struggling and he's not carrying the burden.

Laughable two game stretch for him so far...hope he has an epic 4th qtr because this has been terrible so far.

CelticBaller
05-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Westbrook just missed his 3rd open layup

But KD choking lol

scandisk_
05-30-2016, 10:54 PM
First time I'll be rooting for Bran in the Finals

Secure that 3rd GOAT spot bran

:pimp:

Nuff Said
05-30-2016, 10:55 PM
There doubling KD hard on every single possession. He usually passes out of them.

Straight_Ballin
05-30-2016, 10:57 PM
Mo buckets my ass. Get this fat fvck outa the game and bring in Andy.

BlakFrankWhite
05-30-2016, 10:59 PM
Well, if he can't take over in big games, might as well leave.

CelticBaller
05-30-2016, 11:04 PM
Well, if he can't take over in big games, might as well leave.
Yes let go of your greatest player because they lost to the GOAT team

Fair weather fans, you never been through years of being irrelevant smh

90sgoat
05-30-2016, 11:05 PM
Yes let go of your greatest player because they lost to the GOAT team

Fair weather fans, you never been through years of being irrelevant smh

GOAT team:roll:

CelticBaller
05-30-2016, 11:07 PM
GOAT team:roll:
Oh I'm sorry, I forgot there's a bunch of 73 wins teams in history

My bad

Beastmode88
05-30-2016, 11:17 PM
7-0 run by alfred..

Lebron23
05-30-2016, 11:25 PM
Kevin Chokerant

Crimsonrain777
05-30-2016, 11:26 PM
What is it.. 10 FGA?

the only reason you're salty is because KD quit on Golden State and not the Cavs. you woudlve been happy as **** if he played like this in the finals. fake fan

CelticBaller
05-30-2016, 11:27 PM
Kevin Chokerant
Dude put on a run all by himself

Had more points than his team in the 4th and yet he choked?

Man you're such a ******, you bald piece of shit. Hop off
lebrons dick

stalkerforlife
05-30-2016, 11:27 PM
He didn't quit.

Wally450
05-30-2016, 11:28 PM
Dude single handedly made it a 4 point game.

ArbitraryWater
05-30-2016, 11:32 PM
Lol at him suddenly stopping pouting and shooting in the last quarter.. where was he rallying the team, stopping runs and the bleeding, as GSW made their comeback and went up to double digits.. stod in a corner.

10 FGA through 3 quarters. A 3rd quarter in which they went from up 6 to down 11, and scored their post-season low points for a quarter, 12.

KingPush
05-30-2016, 11:33 PM
Lol at him suddenly stopping pouting and shooting in the last quarter.. where was he rallying the team, stopping runs and the bleeding, as GSW made their comeback and went up to double digits.. stod in a corner.

10 FGA through 3 quarters. A 3rd quarter in which they went from up 6 to down 11, and scored their post-season low points for a quarter, 12.
You were wrong, deal with it.

imdaman99
05-30-2016, 11:34 PM
Dude, you serious? Aren't you a Lebron stan? No, sorry this was nothing like 2011 Lebron in the Finals.

CelticBaller
05-30-2016, 11:35 PM

Durant will never choke as bad as Lebron.

Just deal with it

ballinhun8
05-30-2016, 11:39 PM
You were wrong, deal with it.

It's his M.O.

Leroy Jetson
05-30-2016, 11:50 PM
Westbrook 7-21 and did nothing in the fourth quarter, seems like he was the weak link to me. At least Durant went down swinging.

DMAVS41
05-31-2016, 12:16 AM
Westbrook 7-21 and did nothing in the fourth quarter, seems like he was the weak link to me. At least Durant went down swinging.

Like I said before...the problem is that KD played this game overall the wrong way until the very end.

It's a lack of feel for the game or how/when to push and takeover...

In game 6...KD never should have been forcing things as much as he did given how his teammates were playing and just how the game was going. He forced it and it cost his team the game.

Tonight, his team badly needed him to force it and take over and manufacture points because they weren't rolling like they were in game 6. KD waited too long to do this.

He's got to have a better feel for when to do this sort of thing if he's ever going to lead a team to the title.

This series was on a silver platter for them in game 6 and he/they blew it...you don't get a ton of chances at the title unless you are really lucky...you don't want to waste too many more.

The_Yearning
05-31-2016, 12:23 AM
Like I said before...the problem is that KD played this game overall the wrong way until the very end.

In game 6...KD never should have been forcing things as much as he did given how his teammates were playing and just how the game was going. He forced it and it cost his team the game.

Tonight, his team badly needed him to force it and take over and manufacture points because they weren't rolling like they were in game 6. KD waited too long to do this.

He's got to have a better feel for when to do this sort of thing if he's ever going to lead a team to the title.

This series was on a silver platter for them in game 6 and he/they blew it...you don't get a ton of chances at the title unless you are really lucky...you don't want to waste too many more.

Or play in the East.

DMAVS41
05-31-2016, 12:29 AM
Or play in the East.

Yes...he goes to the Celtics and he'll have a lot of legit chances.

In the West though....with the Warriors and Spurs going nowhere...and a few teams coming....not very many chances looming better than 50% at best.

imdaman99
05-31-2016, 12:30 AM

Perfect analysis. Game 6 was when it all went to shit. Golden State looked terrible in the 1st quarter and there was Durant forcing every shot, I think he went 3-13 in the 1st quarter. Golden State had 20 points. OKC should have been up by 15 for fksake.

Tonight he thought it would be smart to conserve his energy for the 4th quarter? He should have stepped up in the 3rd when Golden State's barrage came. Westbrook is good but he doesn't stand a chance taking on the Warriors because even Adams had a bad game. And any time they put in Kanter, Golden State found a way to expose the shit outa his defense. I know everyone likes to shit on OKC for not trusting the role players, but guess what? Roberson should never take more than 5 shots unless he hits 4 of them. Waiters non factor, Ibaka very so-so. 3rd quarter. Where were you KD? :(

Lebron23
05-31-2016, 12:32 AM
Or play in the East.

He won't win against Team Lebron. Team LBJ is like 17-4 vs. Team Durant.

oh the horror
05-31-2016, 12:36 AM
Yeah I'm not sure about Durant. He may just be what many think he is. A sidekick type of player that needs a first option to take the reigns that doesn't make boneheaded plays like WB. Maybe a change of scenery for these two? It doesn't seem to work. I mean yeah they made it to the western conference finals but I don't know guys

Young X
05-31-2016, 01:00 AM
This season and series has really lowered my opinion on him to the point where I'm starting to dislike him.

His approach to these games were all wrong. The mentality he had today is what he should've had in games 5 and 6 and vice versa. THIS was the game where he should've taken 30+ shots. A do or die game 7 on the road.

With that being said, he was still "decent" today. What really hurt OKC was Westbrook and Roberson. Westbrook made so many bad momentum plays that contributed to Golden State's runs. He played like an idiot in this game and game 5.

CTbasketball92
05-31-2016, 02:11 AM
I think this KD/Westbrook criticism might end up going too far. I never bought into OKC actually owning the series when they were up 3-1, because honestly, it was everything KD and Westbrook could do to keep them in the game in the first place. They created the illusion that they only had to do a liiiittttle more to win, but i think that ... was just an illusion.

KD and Westbrook were the only truly reliable one-on-one players on the OKC roster, and they have zero shooters around them to spread the floor, and they both had to play 45 minutes every game. GSW would actually gain momentum when Steph. was on the bench, because they are a team filled with reliable shot-creators, shot makers and play-finishers. Because they've got so many shot makers, you've got to leave some of them open. KD and Westbrook both played great defense this series and made GSW's offense look like it was in serious trouble.

But alas, KD and Westbrook had to expend every last bit of their energy being the only reliable perimeter threats on the whole team while also being the only facilitators. For any Dragon Ball Z fans ....

It reminds me of the time Goku was fighting Frieza the first time, and Frieza revealed that he was only fighting at 10% or so. Then, one of Goku's friends tells another of Goku's friends not to worry because Goku still had his Kaioken (power increasing attack) as a trick up his sleeves. Then, King Kai told them that Goku had actually been using the Kaioken the entire time, and in fact, that was the only reason he was able to keep the fight close. Goku was already giving it just about everything he had, and it nearly destroyed his body.

Collectively, Westbrook and KD were Goku using his Kaioken against the most powerful fighter of the day. They lost, but man, what a show. Beating a 67 win Popovich-coached Spurs and taking the NBA's GOAT team to 7 games. I think this is a testament to why KD and Westbrook should stay in OKC with Billy Donovan.

edit* Game 6 by durant was awful. Game 7 was actually going well. GSW was playing him so tightly that he and westbrook passed to other players and they were doing a good job keeping it close w.out Durant forcing the action.

DMAVS41
05-31-2016, 04:29 AM
I think this KD/Westbrook criticism might end up going too far. I never bought into OKC actually owning the series when they were up 3-1, because honestly, it was everything KD and Westbrook could do to keep them in the game in the first place. They created the illusion that they only had to do a liiiittttle more to win, but i think that ... was just an illusion.

KD and Westbrook were the only truly reliable one-on-one players on the OKC roster, and they have zero shooters around them to spread the floor, and they both had to play 45 minutes every game. GSW would actually gain momentum when Steph. was on the bench, because they are a team filled with reliable shot-creators, shot makers and play-finishers. Because they've got so many shot makers, you've got to leave some of them open. KD and Westbrook both played great defense this series and made GSW's offense look like it was in serious trouble.

But alas, KD and Westbrook had to expend every last bit of their energy being the only reliable perimeter threats on the whole team while also being the only facilitators. For any Dragon Ball Z fans ....

It reminds me of the time Goku was fighting Frieza the first time, and Frieza revealed that he was only fighting at 10% or so. Then, one of Goku's friends tells another of Goku's friends not to worry because Goku still had his Kaioken (power increasing attack) as a trick up his sleeves. Then, King Kai told them that Goku had actually been using the Kaioken the entire time, and in fact, that was the only reason he was able to keep the fight close. Goku was already giving it just about everything he had, and it nearly destroyed his body.

Collectively, Westbrook and KD were Goku using his Kaioken against the most powerful fighter of the day. They lost, but man, what a show. Beating a 67 win Popovich-coached Spurs and taking the NBA's GOAT team to 7 games. I think this is a testament to why KD and Westbrook should stay in OKC with Billy Donovan.

edit* Game 6 by durant was awful. Game 7 was actually going well. GSW was playing him so tightly that he and westbrook passed to other players and they were doing a good job keeping it close w.out Durant forcing the action.

Nah, think about game 6. Klay went absolutely nuts...Durant was awful...and the Thunder still were up what? Like 8 with 5 minutes to go?

No...the Thunder gave that series away...specifically Durant in game 6. All he has to do is not play terrible and the Thunder win.

This was not a case of the Thunder giving the illusion they were as good or better than the Warriors in this series. They actually were....the problem was Durant's approach to both game 6 and 7...but specifically game 6.

This one is going to sting for a long time for them and their fans. You just don't know how many of these chances you are going to get.

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2016, 07:03 AM
Some people still giving Durant passes lol.. imdaman giving a pass then suddenly agreeing with DMAVS. Lol

This series and game has no doubt lowered his standing. A choke-job I didn't think he'd have in him. That passive... In a game 7.

It's like y'all believe down 4 with a minute 30 left and no room for error anymore was the best thing they could get. Classic ISH.

StephHamann
05-31-2016, 07:07 AM
Durant can save his legacy in the EAST.

To reach the west you must go east Kevin!

DMAVS41
05-31-2016, 12:39 PM
Some people still giving Durant passes lol.. imdaman giving a pass then suddenly agreeing with DMAVS. Lol

This series and game has no doubt lowered his standing. A choke-job I didn't think he'd have in him. That passive... In a game 7.

It's like y'all believe down 4 with a minute 30 left and no room for error anymore was the best thing they could get. Classic ISH.

Exactly...that game was lost in the first half and third...when in the first half the Thunder could have stomped them...and in the third kept closer.

But really the series was lost in game 6...and it just shows that KD really doesn't get it yet as a leader of a team. He has to know when to step on the gas and when to take a back seat...and he could not have done a worse job of that these last 2 games.

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2016, 12:42 PM
It is history when the player has left the game completely. I still believe KD can recover from this and then some.

Klay 3D
05-31-2016, 12:46 PM
Didn't Durant say in post game that the Ibaka foul on Curry behind the 3-line was the dagger? lol

That was with like 1.5 mins left down 7. What a quitter.

imdaman99
05-31-2016, 01:18 PM

Nah man, I disagreed with him quitting but agreed with dmavs on him playing both games the wrong way. Did he wait too long? Yeah, he waited till the last freaking quarter but he absolutely did not quit.

His game 6 was really bad. It's a home game and you're up 3-2. You should be best suited to get your role players going early and taking over in the 2nd half. But he shot 6-19 in the 1st half. OKC should have had a 12-15 lead at halftime if he played well and made the right decisions.

His only fault in game 7 was waiting too long to impose his will. Should have stepped up in the 3rd quarter when GS was making their death run.

NuggetsFan
05-31-2016, 01:29 PM
Yeah I'm not sure about Durant. He may just be what many think he is. A sidekick type of player that needs a first option to take the reigns that doesn't make boneheaded plays like WB. Maybe a change of scenery for these two? It doesn't seem to work. I mean yeah they made it to the western conference finals but I don't know guys

People are f*cking ridiculous. Durant won an MVP and had one of the greatest seasons of the decade. He's played 18/19/11/20/17 playoff games. He'd led the playoffs in scoring 4 times. Always on good efficiency and even this year where he struggled it was still reasonable. He averaged 28 points on 50% against the Spurs, who OKC wasn't suppose to beat. OKC wasn't suppose to push GS to 7 games either.

Players can't win anymore. Either your on your way to becoming the GOAT or a top 5 player or you've failed. LeBron making the finals, Curry showing he's human for stretches, Durant not upsetting every single team he faces on route to a title.

Some people are just interested in the top 1-3 players, NBA fanbase is weird. Durant may not be a first option? ... what fcking teams is that taking place on? ... I hate OKC/Durant but just insane. Ibaka ruined things for OKC when they cut it to 4 and he fouled Curry on a 3 pointer with 5 seconds left on the shot clock. Could have made an argument that OKC forced a jump ball too.

ArbitraryWater
05-31-2016, 01:33 PM
He's definitely not a sidekick player that needs someone else to be the #1 guy :oldlol: that was BS for sure.

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2016, 01:41 PM
Some people are just interested in the top 1-3 players, NBA fanbase is weird.

True. ISH is just a breeding ground for it.

DMAVS41
05-31-2016, 02:42 PM
People are f*cking ridiculous. Durant won an MVP and had one of the greatest seasons of the decade. He's played 18/19/11/20/17 playoff games. He'd led the playoffs in scoring 4 times. Always on good efficiency and even this year where he struggled it was still reasonable. He averaged 28 points on 50% against the Spurs, who OKC wasn't suppose to beat. OKC wasn't suppose to push GS to 7 games either.

Players can't win anymore. Either your on your way to becoming the GOAT or a top 5 player or you've failed. LeBron making the finals, Curry showing he's human for stretches, Durant not upsetting every single team he faces on route to a title.

Some people are just interested in the top 1-3 players, NBA fanbase is weird. Durant may not be a first option? ... what fcking teams is that taking place on? ... I hate OKC/Durant but just insane. Ibaka ruined things for OKC when they cut it to 4 and he fouled Curry on a 3 pointer with 5 seconds left on the shot clock. Could have made an argument that OKC forced a jump ball too.

We all know Durant is all time great. That isn't in dispute. The question is how great...not if he's great.

It's more than fair to hold him to an extremely high standard....greatness is expected because we already know that.

The question...where does he fall in the history of the game? How is he as a championship first option historically? Is he the type of leader that knows how to lead a team through a tough playoff series and get the most out of not only himself, but others in the process.

Of course somebody is a troll for claiming Durant isn't all time great.

That seems obvious and uninteresting.