PDA

View Full Version : Billy Donovan Overrated?

Dictator
05-30-2016, 11:37 PM
Some of the worst coaching decisions I've seen while having the advantage 3-1.

-Keeping Roberson in the main rotation allowing GSW to play 4 v 5
-Allowing Westbrook and Durant to continuously take dumb shots at the end of the fourth
-Repeatedly switching the PF/C on Curry/Klay almost baiting themselves to get torched

:facepalm

Jameerthefear
05-30-2016, 11:38 PM
u r a dumb basketball fan

bigkingsfan
05-30-2016, 11:38 PM
Nah, his players failed him.

bdreason
05-30-2016, 11:39 PM
I thought he did a great job, especially for his first season.

Ben Simmons
Rookie coach. Had a inferior roster and took the GOAT team to 7 games while his stars played like trash.

He's underrated.

MEB2kDeez
Too early in his career to be labeled overrated imo.

imdaman99
There's only so much you can do when you don't have super role players like the Warriors do. Iggy coming off the bench? :oldlol: This guy could be an all star in the east and he is coming off their bench :roll:

Genaro
05-30-2016, 11:42 PM
Nah. He made an incredible job. Everyone had the Thunder losing to the Spurs and then to the Warriors in 5 or 6 but his adjustments were great and he was a choke job from his stars away from making the Finals in his first season as head coach in the NBA.

plowking
05-30-2016, 11:45 PM
Listening to him talk in the press conference now. Seems to know his stuff, and isn't caught up in narratives but rather what happened.

Kiddlovesnets
05-30-2016, 11:46 PM
Nah he outcoached Kerr for this entire series, replace him with Scott Brooks and they'd lost in 5 games.

LakersForlife
05-30-2016, 11:46 PM
he is a great coach you shit

BlueandGold
05-30-2016, 11:50 PM
Meh, too soon to make a judgement.

He did win two championships with UF of all teams (look up how many sec teams have won a national title not named Kentucky), which is a great feat in itself.

Then again some of the blame for this epic choke job has to be put on the coach... he made stupid coaching decisions at pivotal moments and it cost his team a Finals, period.

bdreason
05-30-2016, 11:58 PM
Listening to him talk in the press conference now. Seems to know his stuff, and isn't caught up in narratives but rather what happened.

He crushed the post game press conference. Durant isn't going anywhere.

Akrazotile
05-31-2016, 12:05 AM
There's only so much you can do when you don't have super role players like the Warriors do. Iggy coming off the bench? :oldlol: This guy could be an all star in the east and he is coming off their bench :roll:

OKC role players played well enough to win this series, and then some.

This was about KD and RW collapsing down the stretch. They just unleash torrents of turnovers and bad shots every time this team gets a lead. Guys just cant stay disciplined for 48. It's really strange. Bc theyre doing the right things to get the lead. But then they just stop.

Bosnian Sajo
05-31-2016, 12:10 AM
They just showed him and Kerr mic'd up, both sound like phenominal coaches. I like how Kerr stays calm and doesn't freak out, instead reassures his team and gives em confidence. Learn well, Luke.

But to answer the thread, no not overrated.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-31-2016, 12:12 AM
You might as well bring in a miracle worker, OP.

F*cking guy expecting perfection...against a team that won 73 games in the regular-season. :oldlol:

Dictator
05-31-2016, 12:14 AM
You might as well bring in a miracle worker, OP.

F*cking guy expecting perfection...against a team that won 73 games in the regular-season. :oldlol:

You guys acting like OKC wasn't just up 3-1. :confusedshrug: 73 wins is inflated.

Akrazotile
05-31-2016, 12:14 AM
They just showed him and Kerr mic'd up, both sound like phenominal coaches. I like how Kerr stays calm and doesn't freak out, instead reassures his team and gives em confidence. Learn well, Luke.

But to answer the thread, no not overrated.

Kerr and Donovan are both really smart guys who know how to coach and have earned their spots on merit.

And tbh theyre fortunate to be in this position, because that kind of process and outcome is not what the league itself actually supports and encourages.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-31-2016, 12:15 AM
You guys acting like OKC wasn't just up 3-1. :confusedshrug:

A rookie head coach was ONE win away from an NBA finals versus a team who had the most wins in history...

Your expectations are ridiculous.

imdaman99
05-31-2016, 12:21 AM
OKC role players played well enough to win this series, and then some.

This was about KD and RW collapsing down the stretch. They just unleash torrents of turnovers and bad shots every time this team gets a lead. Guys just cant stay disciplined for 48. It's really strange. Bc theyre doing the right things to get the lead. But then they just stop.
You don't think Warriors turn it on when they wanna? They have guys you can trust to run the team's offense off the bench. Iguodola who has a broken shot, hits big 3s for them. I guess which is what Roberson did for OKC at times but he is a terrible offensive player and tonight only proved it. The moment was too big for him because he played well in all the other games.

Waiters was off, and the fact that Adams was off tonight too cost them dearly. Sometimes you just gotta credit the other team.

CarlosBoozer
05-31-2016, 12:55 AM
He tried, he lost to the best team in the L. No shame even with the 3-1 lead, warriors played insanely well.

Akrazotile
05-31-2016, 01:04 AM
You don't think Warriors turn it on when they wanna? They have guys you can trust to run the team's offense off the bench. Iguodola who has a broken shot, hits big 3s for them. I guess which is what Roberson did for OKC at times but he is a terrible offensive player and tonight only proved it. The moment was too big for him because he played well in all the other games.

Waiters was off, and the fact that Adams was off tonight too cost them dearly. Sometimes you just gotta credit the other team.

Yeah but Im sayin, this series wasnt about Warriors role players being more talented. Yeah Adams and Waiters had a bunch of shots rim out tonight which usually go down, but they played a great series. Russ and KD were simply too clumsy down the stretch at big moments, and that is the MAIN thing that caused the collapse. Yes the whole team had ups and downs and they all deserve both credit and blame. But I dont think GS got this series bc of the difference in role players. Thats just my opinion.

nightlight
05-31-2016, 01:04 AM
Then again some of the blame for this epic choke job has to be put on the coach... he made stupid coaching decisions at pivotal moments and it cost his team a Finals, period.

I'd be interested in reading specific examples that lead you to make this statement.