PDA

View Full Version : THE key to OKC winning a championship IS:

BlazerRed
05-31-2016, 12:44 AM
A two-way shooting guard. Can they find one this off-season?

Dray n Klay
05-31-2016, 12:46 AM
Klay Thompson?

Leroy Jetson
05-31-2016, 12:47 AM
A time machine.

Im Still Ballin
05-31-2016, 12:48 AM
They had an MVP caliber one.

BlazerRed
05-31-2016, 12:48 AM
They had an MVP caliber one.
I said two-way bro :lol

BlazerRed
05-31-2016, 12:49 AM
Klay Thompson?
Gawd, that would be game over. Klay has a big dick. Only likable player on the Warriors.

imdaman99
05-31-2016, 12:49 AM
A 3 and D catch and shoot guy would do wonders, especially for the spacing. Right now, no one gives a shit if you screen Roberson or Waiters free :lol

game3524
05-31-2016, 12:50 AM
Yeah, a guard who can score might get them over the hump.

Done_And_Done
05-31-2016, 12:53 AM
They're definitely much closer than I assumed a few months back. Especially with KD and Durant hitting their primes.

Notwithstanding his effort, Roberson as your starting two just isn't going to cut it. They're a player of about Harrison Barnes' talent level shy of getting over the hump. Ideally a 2-way shooting guard as stated by Blazer

BlazerRed
05-31-2016, 12:57 AM
Roberson just hurts OKC's spacing way too much. He basically negates his defensive positive effect on the game with his terrible offense. I wouldn't say he's a net negative out there, but I'd say he is just redundant. They need someone in that SG position who can hit the open shot of teams will continue to shut out KD being able to cheat off Roberson without punishment.

konex
05-31-2016, 12:59 AM
Roberson was putrid tonight. Passing up wide open shots too

Done_And_Done
05-31-2016, 01:08 AM
Roberson just hurts OKC's spacing way too much. He basically negates his defensive positive effect on the game with his terrible offense. I wouldn't say he's a net negative out there, but I'd say he is just redundant. They need someone in that SG position who can hit the open shot of teams will continue to shut out KD being able to cheat off Roberson without punishment.

Very well said.

Perhaps he improves. I would expect him to. I just don't see him ever developing a steady, knock down shot, which keeps the defense honest and prevents him from being an offensive liability (in the playoffs, where it matters).

Shut down down guys with minimal offense frustrate me.

Young X
05-31-2016, 01:08 AM
...to quit making mental mistakes and trust their teammates.

It's not like this team isn't getting close. They were a couple of bad possessions away from getting to the finals. They just gave it away by being stupid idiots.

BlazerRed
05-31-2016, 01:15 AM

It's not like this team isn't getting close. They were a couple of bad possessions away from getting to the finals. They just gave it away by being stupid idiots.
The problem is they have too little room for error with Roberson out there not able to take any of the defensive pressure. Sure, they have other flaws, but I feel having a SG who can make shots would really open up their game and not put them in such tight spots to begin with.

BlazerRed
05-31-2016, 01:15 AM

The problem is they have too little room for error with Roberson out there not able to take any of the defensive pressure. Sure, they have other flaws, but I feel having a SG who can make shots would really open up their game and not put them in such tight spots to begin with.

JimmyMcAdocious
05-31-2016, 01:26 AM
These 3/d seem hard to find, but teams are taking other teams scrubs and it turns out they aren't that big of scrubs. Crowder, Bazemore (who I think is a ufa), Middleton, Barton... All afterthoughts who couldn't get off the bench and have turned into really good basketball players in their new homes. OKC's scouting (at least in terms of the draft) is great. I wonder if they could steal someone. Like Allen Crabbe, I think could flourish in the right situation. He's an RFA. Not sure how much Portland would match up to.

BlazerRed
05-31-2016, 01:31 AM
These 3/d seem hard to find, but teams are taking other teams scrubs and it turns out they aren't that big of scrubs. Crowder, Bazemore (who I think is a ufa), Middleton, Barton... All afterthoughts who couldn't get off the bench and have turned into really good basketball players in their new homes. OKC's scouting (at least in terms of the draft) is great. I wonder if they could steal someone. Like Allen Crabbe, I think could flourish in the right situation. He's an RFA. Not sure how much Portland would match up to.
:coleman:

Done_And_Done
05-31-2016, 01:43 AM
Maybe they can take Ross and turn him into gold.

Please... Take him.... And go

Done_And_Done
05-31-2016, 01:43 AM

:oldlol:

BlazerRed
05-31-2016, 01:46 AM
Maybe they can take Ross and turn him into gold.

Please... Take him.... And go
:lol

MiseryCityTexas
05-31-2016, 01:53 AM

Kyle Lowry, Patrick Patterson, Luis Scola.

MiseryCityTexas
05-31-2016, 01:54 AM

Crabbe's a good role player.

BlazerRed
05-31-2016, 01:57 AM
Crabbe's a good role player.
He's OUR good role player.