PDA

View Full Version : Would you rather get swept or lose game 7?

Hey Yo
05-31-2016, 11:11 AM
I say lose game 7.

At least you know you've played well enough to get to that point. You have hope and know you've already beat then earlier in the series.

lilteapot
05-31-2016, 11:15 AM
Game 7

But I'd rather get swept than lose a 3-1 series lead honestly.

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2016, 11:32 AM
Depends what team you are.

If you have high end all-star, super star level players and a young core, you can stomach a game 7 series loss.

However, say you low end all-star players and a flawed team overall ? Age group might be in the middle and not major upside ? The sweep is better. Why ? A GM then has a chance to reconstruct the roster and find the flaws and how to benefit the better players on the team and can come to the decision to get better help or start again from scratch. Infact, we've seen teams do this all the time.

Loss is a loss, but sometimes it's good to have those embarrassing moments so you can start again with a clean slate.

Kargo
05-31-2016, 01:01 PM
Getting swept.

I've never been able to get over losing game 7 to the Spurs in the 2005 Finals but i have absolutely no bad memories getting swept by the Nets in the 2003 Conference Finals.

You know you're not good enough, and you have the entire summer to get better.

Losing a game 7 in which both teams were tied entering the fourth quarter, especially after losing game 5 like they did, is something that will probably bug me forever.

BigBoss
05-31-2016, 01:09 PM
Game 7 because people will still respect you.

Akrazotile
05-31-2016, 01:25 PM
As a player? Absolutely a game 7. First of all its seven games of intense playoff ball before the season ends, rather than 4. Secondly it's embarrassing to get swept. Sure it's hard to get over a close loss but it's still better than being made to look completely outclassed.

As a fan tho I really dont care either way. It's not my pride that's on the line.

ImKobe
05-31-2016, 01:48 PM
Obviously lose a Game 7 because you beat the other team 3 times.