PDA

View Full Version : Curry-The Randy Moss of the league

PP34Deuce
05-31-2016, 11:36 AM
Before people say, I'm insulting him, listen.

I mentioned this comparison last month and some people grew upset. I look at their impact similar to current rules and the game.

Both men utilized that deep ball to legendary heights. Moss obviously had incredible physical tools, but changed how teams in the NFL covered the deep ball. The man in his viking days used to catch 50 yard bombs with 2-3 men covering.

Curry is a phenom at the 3 pointer. He's changed how teams defend the 3 pointer now. Teams are now taking the ability he has to shoot the 3 and willing to let him drive to the basket than camp out at 3.

This is where they are similar- Randy and Steph can go inside, but they hate to. They really don't like physical play and by taking away what they love to do, they tend to dissappear in stretches.

warriorfan
05-31-2016, 11:43 AM
http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/CFvX9hXW8AAH40S.jpg

PP34Deuce
05-31-2016, 11:50 AM
http://cdn.slamonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/CFvX9hXW8AAH40S.jpg

Ahh yes, someone who takes my post as disrespecting Curry by showing a lack of effort by Dwight Howard to get a rebound. Here's a video of Randy Moss actually making "hustle" plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPcwVWVvJlY

Will they get physical? Yes. Can they be disengaged and wilt a little bit? absolutely. The OKC series showed a lot. Curry hit back breaking 3's after they had the lead. Klay was the hot man but he also was the more confident in his shot.

When teams found a way to limit Randy from hitting the deep ball, he got lazy with his route running, and hustling wasnt that consistent.

warriorfan
05-31-2016, 11:54 AM
Ahh yes, someone who takes my post as disrespecting Curry by showing a lack of effort by Dwight Howard to get a rebound. Here's a video of Randy Moss actually making "hustle" plays.

Will they get physical? Yes. Can they be disengaged and wilt a little bit? absolutely. The OKC series showed a lot. Curry hit back breaking 3's after they had the lead. Klay was the hot man but he also was the more confident in his shot.

When teams found a way to limit Randy from hitting the deep ball, he got lazy with his route running, and hustling wasnt that consistent.

Curry closed out the series by putting up 33/8/7/65%TS/127Ortg in the last 3 elimination games

What the fucc are you talking about? :roll:

Sarcastic
05-31-2016, 11:55 AM
Good comparison. Moss is the undisputed best of all time deep ball threat, as is Curry with the 3 pointer. However Jerry Rice is still the undisputed GOAT receiver, just like Jordan is the undisputed GOAT basketball player.

STATUTORY
05-31-2016, 11:56 AM

Steph Curry came back from a torn MCL you miscreant

physical guys like Lebron have sat out games due to ****ing cramps

:roll: :roll:

PP34Deuce
05-31-2016, 11:57 AM
Good comparison. Moss is the undisputed best of all time deep ball threat, as is Curry with the 3 pointer. However Jerry Rice is still the undisputed GOAT receiver, just like Jordan is the undisputed GOAT basketball player.

You know it's funny how upset people are getting with me on this comparison. It's almost disrespecting Randy Moss. They are the same showboating players that have incredible skill in one area. You take that area away from them and they give inconsistent effort.

Legends66NBA7
05-31-2016, 11:58 AM
Curry is better than Moss, just like basketball players impact the game in more ways that football players can.

I also doubt Curry can disappear for long enough stretches unless he is just not himself.

PP34Deuce
05-31-2016, 12:01 PM
Steph Curry came back from a torn MCL you miscreant

physical guys like Lebron have sat out games due to ****ing cramps

:roll: :roll:

Did we mention Lebron at all in this post? Randy Moss faced defenses that were physical with him and played games but his effort wasn't always consistent. You could beat on Randy just like you can on Curry.

ImKobe
05-31-2016, 12:01 PM
straight cash homey

PP34Deuce
05-31-2016, 12:04 PM
Curry is better than Moss, just like basketball players impact the game in more ways that football players can.

I also doubt Curry can disappear for long enough stretches unless he is just not himself.

When on elite teams, Moss was able to soar offenses to new heights. 2 different team have broken offensive records based on his ability to hit the deep ball. He's helped average quarterbacks look good off the ability to just catch bombs and touch downs. He's considered an All Time Great but in many eyes, will not surpass Jerry Rice.

Sarcastic
05-31-2016, 12:08 PM

I mean Randy Moss is probably the second best receiver of all time. It's not really a slight to compare anyone to Moss.

Klay 3D
05-31-2016, 12:09 PM
I get the gist of it but Moss was an/the athletic freak and tall. How about Barry Sanders? Everyone zoned in on him but he still pulled off miraculous runs.

PP34Deuce
05-31-2016, 12:12 PM
I get the gist of it but Moss was an/the athletic freak and tall. How about Barry Sanders? Everyone zoned in on him but he still pulled off miraculous runs.

Dude, You might be right about Barry Sanders. Barry would have negative yardage, but always ended the game on high YPC. Barry had teams dedicated to stopping him. Barry was tougher though and kept fighting for yards. I think Running backs are a bad comparison because that would be disrespecting them comparing them to a less physical Curry.

Moss was only an inch taller than receivers like Chris Carter and Jerry Rice. He still had incredible hands on deep ball situations. A slower Randy Moss had 23 touchdowns... He's a freak but he also had the ability to do something other teams didn't have.

In the end, you could beat on Randy just like you can Steph. Klay was the reason they got those leads and finished teams off in the OKC series.

Klay 3D
05-31-2016, 12:25 PM
Dude, You might be right about Barry Sanders. Barry would have negative yardage, but always ended the game on high YPC. Barry had teams dedicated to stopping him. Barry was tougher though and kept fighting for yards. I think Running backs are a bad comparison because that would be disrespecting them comparing them to a less physical Curry.

Moss was only an inch taller than receivers like Chris Carter and Jerry Rice. He still had incredible hands on deep ball situations. A slower Randy Moss had 23 touchdowns... He's a freak but he also had the ability to do something other teams didn't have.

In the end, you could beat on Randy just like you can Steph. Klay was the reason they got those leads and finished teams off in the OKC series.
The one thing that turns me off about the receiver comparison is that they need someone to throw them the ball whereas a running back is allowed to shake and bake just like Curry putting on a dribbling clinic. Curry running around/using screens is similar to running back using blockers.

The slower Randy Moss also had a top 5 (maybe top 2) QB of all time too. Brady and Moss was like Magic and Kareem?

miggyme1
05-31-2016, 01:06 PM
Before people say, I'm insulting him, listen.

I mentioned this comparison last month and some people grew upset. I look at their impact similar to current rules and the game.

Both men utilized that deep ball to legendary heights. Moss obviously had incredible physical tools, but changed how teams in the NFL covered the deep ball. The man in his viking days used to catch 50 yard bombs with 2-3 men covering.

Curry is a phenom at the 3 pointer. He's changed how teams defend the 3 pointer now. Teams are now taking the ability he has to shoot the 3 and willing to let him drive to the basket than camp out at 3.

This is where they are similar- Randy and Steph can go inside, but they hate to. They really don't like physical play and by taking away what they love to do, they tend to dissappear in stretches.

I don't care how you spin it...the randy/curry comparison is pure trash....PURE TRASH.

randy moss might be the greatest underachiever in sports history. HAD ALL THE TOOLS TO GO DOWN AS THE GREATEST RECEIVER EVER......BETTER THAN SWANN,RICE ETC.

you can make an argument that Terrell owns had a better career than him and we all know he doesn't even sniff jerry rice. So no.....take away that historic season he had with new England and while still great and hall of fame worthy.........I see little substance.

curry does it all.....people like you keep trying to put him in this box with the comparisons and you fail everytime. just let steph be steph. He has no weaknesses....they tried to call him out on defense then he came out and had like what 4 steals???? He isn't a great on ball defender but neither was Ai and this guy led the league in steals a season a more. So chill out....westbroook and Durant aren't great defenders either...just great athletes that can mask their defensive deficiencies with their speed and agility.

PP34Deuce
05-31-2016, 02:49 PM
I don't care how you spin it...the randy/curry comparison is pure trash....PURE TRASH.

randy moss might be the greatest underachiever in sports history. HAD ALL THE TOOLS TO GO DOWN AS THE GREATEST RECEIVER EVER......BETTER THAN SWANN,RICE ETC.

you can make an argument that Terrell owns had a better career than him and we all know he doesn't even sniff jerry rice. So no.....take away that historic season he had with new England and while still great and hall of fame worthy.........I see little substance.

curry does it all.....people like you keep trying to put him in this box with the comparisons and you fail everytime. just let steph be steph. He has no weaknesses....they tried to call him out on defense then he came out and had like what 4 steals???? He isn't a great on ball defender but neither was Ai and this guy led the league in steals a season a more. So chill out....westbroook and Durant aren't great defenders either...just great athletes that can mask their defensive deficiencies with their speed and agility.

Both players have one incredible skill that fueled the rest of their game. If you took away the deep ball from Moss, you could limit him a good amount. If you take away Steph's 3's, you limit his impact on the game. He gets off on the 3 pointer. OKC bottled him up until Klay saved the day. They had no answer for Klay. you can preach stats, but the eye test mixed with stats says he can be rattled just like Moss could.

Are you Curry's family member? So much involvement in your post like beaten jealous housewife defending her husband that doesn't give a **** if she lives or dies. Harsh example, but it seems you struggle with the point of my post.

In before you call me names and act like a beaten jealous housewife...

miggyme1
05-31-2016, 03:51 PM
Both players have one incredible skill that fueled the rest of their game. If you took away the deep ball from Moss, you could limit him a good amount. If you take away Steph's 3's, you limit his impact on the game. He gets off on the 3 pointer. OKC bottled him up until Klay saved the day. They had no answer for Klay. you can preach stats, but the eye test mixed with stats says he can be rattled just like Moss could.

Are you Curry's family member? So much involvement in your post like beaten jealous housewife defending her husband that doesn't give a **** if she lives or dies. Harsh example, but it seems you struggle with the point of my post.

In before you call me names and act like a beaten jealous housewife...

again your statements make no sense. bottled up???? have you heard of something called a bad night???......did you watch the game last night?? curry was missing open jumpers in the first half or what not....is that bottled up???

I struggle with idiots who make idiotic comparisons....so please forgive me for that....im working on it. Back to the subject.

randy moss was never bottled up....it was all mental with him...could he stay focused for a full 60 minutes???? There was nothing a defense could do to take moss out of HIS game...NOTHING.....cover 2,cover 3, etc...THERE WAS NOTHING A DEFENSE COULD DO TO STOP RANDY MOSS.

ONE MORE TIME

THERE WAS NOTHING A DEFENSE COULD DO TO STOP RANDY MOSS.

The same goes for curry. But the biggest difference between the two is the mental makeup. Curry would be great in the nba if he was only 5'5......randy moss without the track speed/god given talent wouldnt have even been drafted or would have been a bust......lacked the work ethic.

SO AGAIN YOUR COMPARISON IS PURE TRASH. TRY AGAIN

PP34Deuce
05-31-2016, 04:16 PM
again your statements make no sense. bottled up???? have you heard of something called a bad night???......did you watch the game last night?? curry was missing open jumpers in the first half or what not....is that bottled up???

I struggle with idiots who make idiotic comparisons....so please forgive me for that....im working on it. Back to the subject.

randy moss was never bottled up....it was all mental with him...could he stay focused for a full 60 minutes???? There was nothing a defense could do to take moss out of HIS game...NOTHING.....cover 2,cover 3, etc...THERE WAS NOTHING A DEFENSE COULD DO TO STOP RANDY MOSS.

ONE MORE TIME

THERE WAS NOTHING A DEFENSE COULD DO TO STOP RANDY MOSS.

The same goes for curry. But the biggest difference between the two is the mental makeup. Curry would be great in the nba if he was only 5'5......randy moss without the track speed/god given talent wouldnt have even been drafted or would have been a bust......lacked the work ethic.

SO AGAIN YOUR COMPARISON IS PURE TRASH. TRY AGAIN

Wow. You agree with me on how they both can be unstoppable until you get physical with them. If Curry was 5'5 he'd be getting blocked on those 3 balls sir. Let's stop the hypotheticals though. You're really worrying me.

I don't understand why you are yelling after agreeing with most of the points I made in this post. Let's view the Randy Moss of the NBA..Mr Wardell Stephen Curry II.

miggyme1
05-31-2016, 04:56 PM
Wow. You agree with me on how they both can be unstoppable until you get physical with them. If Curry was 5'5 he'd be getting blocked on those 3 balls sir. Let's stop the hypotheticals though. You're really worrying me.

I don't understand why you are yelling after agreeing with most of the points I made in this post. Let's view the Randy Moss of the NBA..Mr Wardell Stephen Curry II.

Why am I arguing with a idiot who thinks im agreeing with him??? :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:

ONLY ON ISH