PDA

View Full Version : Should KD spot & shoot?

Haymaker
05-31-2016, 01:33 PM
It's way too late for him to develop a solid post up game, and he'll eventually lose whatever athleticism he has left. He's still an above average shooter but it's clear that you just can't run an offense through him. Should he try to shift his game and stand in the corner to become more effective? He's not an effective shot creator and he can only manage to shoot over his man due to his long arms/height.

BigBoss
05-31-2016, 01:40 PM
Stop posting

Smoke117
05-31-2016, 01:46 PM
Stop posting

this

Ca$H
05-31-2016, 01:48 PM
It's way too late for him to develop a solid post up game, and he'll eventually lose whatever athleticism he has left. He's still an above average shooter but it's clear that you just can't run an offense through him. Should he try to shift his game and stand in the corner to become more effective? He's not an effective shot creator and he can only manage to shoot over his man due to his long arms/height.

He should just join the Warriors. He will get wide open looks playing with Curry and Klay.

StephHamann
05-31-2016, 01:49 PM
He should do more of this

http://giant.gfycat.com/KindheartedWellwornKillerwhale.gif

Haymaker
05-31-2016, 01:52 PM
He should do more of this

http://giant.gfycat.com/KindheartedWellwornKillerwhale.gif

Absolutely, I just don't understand why he can't model his game after Dirk. Both have great length and both are deadly shooters. KD is more athletic but Dirk is tougher/stronger.

Showtime80'
05-31-2016, 02:15 PM
Didn't you get the memo?!? Analytic geeks say that ZONES DON'T ALLOW POSTING UP ANYMORE! LOL! And that it is a very inefficient way of playing the "modern game"!!!

Yea right!, OKC had this series in the bag until they decided to go 10-50 from 3 point range in the last two games!!!

In game 6, instead of going 3-23 from 3 point range, and taken 23 2's and made just 11 (less than 50%), that's 22 points, there you have your 9 points that you got from the three 3's you actually made, you cover the deficit of 7 points you actually lost by and that leaves the 6 POINTS THEY WOULD'VE WON BY HAD THEY NOT BEING COMPLETE DUMB AS!ES!!!!

There's some free analytic for you.

zeerghit
05-31-2016, 02:17 PM
i was really surprised how good is he on defence, he's still game changer, great, great player

Young X
05-31-2016, 02:19 PM
Absolutely, I just don't understand why he can't model his game after Dirk. Both have great length and both are deadly shooters. KD is more athletic but Dirk is tougher/stronger.He has that shot in his arsenal but he goes away from it to dribble on the perimeter and jack up wild threes and rack up dumb turnovers.

No, that's not how you play. Get your skinny ass in the post or come off screens.

Ben Simmons
05-31-2016, 02:23 PM
Way too late to develop a post game?

Why is it too late?

SexSymbol
05-31-2016, 02:26 PM
He's one of the best post up players in the league and has been for at least 4 years now.
Also a great defender, ball handler and passer.
Might be the best ball handler of his size I've ever witnessed.
His only weakness is that he's even worse at making a decision of whether to be aggressive or share the ball that LeBron is.

Locked_Up_Tonight
05-31-2016, 04:57 PM
Absolutely, I just don't understand why he can't model his game after Dirk. Both have great length and both are deadly shooters. KD is more athletic but Dirk is tougher/stronger.

Because Dirk has 20-30 pounds on Durant. And Dirk developed an unorthodox shooting release. Just look in that video on how he contorts his body just to get the shot off.

Durant is not replicating that.

If he wants to play in the post, he needs to gain some strength (in legs as well as upper body...)

PP34Deuce
05-31-2016, 05:04 PM
Durant has shown at this stage, he can't handle the ball outside the 3 point line every play. He needs to be a play finisher which is where he's the most lethal.

Stop playing like Bron, Aim to score often at a higher level efficiency and keep giving that great Defense we saw.

NBAGOAT
05-31-2016, 05:24 PM

That fadeaway jumper from Dirk is really unique and not easy at all to get good at. There's a reason even the best post up players of all time didn't develop a skyhook.

Lakers Legend#32
05-31-2016, 06:35 PM
The Curse of the Sonics