PDA

View Full Version : Kanter got the max last off-season. He played 12 minutes per game in the WCF.

Carbine
05-31-2016, 03:41 PM
LOLOLOLOL

Presti :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

As a first year Max Contract player, he has to be among the worst of all time.

sd3035
05-31-2016, 03:46 PM
He's pretty good, it's just that Adams is a beast

They should have tried giving Kanter more of Ibaka's minutes

ClipperRevival
05-31-2016, 03:47 PM
I definitely thought he was underutilized him in this series. When OKC was going big, they were dominating the boards and the tempo. Kanter can score and score efficiently. But he is a liability on D given his inability to defend the P&R but I would've imposed my will on GSW instead of reacting to them and went big more.

Unreal234
05-31-2016, 03:50 PM
his contract will be looking good with the cap raise

imdaman99
05-31-2016, 03:50 PM
He was the worst defender in the series. He was important in the Spurs series but the Warriors exposed him literally every time he was on the defensive end.

That being said, he is still important and should play well against almost every other team in the league.

Akrazotile
05-31-2016, 04:05 PM
his contract will be looking good with the cap raise

That's the thing. It's only a max this year. In a couple years it's gonna look like the standard 10-12M/yr we're used to seeing for decent big men. Also Adams has come on even stronger than expected since they extended Kanter.

Moreover, he's still tradeable if that ends up being the best way to go. I get that its weird a guy who got the max hardly played in a WCF, but I really think that signing was more about locking up a long term asset, than thinking they would rely heavily on him this year.

Kblaze8855
05-31-2016, 04:11 PM
It kinda feels like a Jon Konkak situation where a guy gts overpaid to keep him from a potential rival down the line. Not that I find it reasonable in either case.

warriorfan
05-31-2016, 04:15 PM
I hate on Kanter a lot but he looked pretty good vs GS, I thought he could of got a little more playing time

Crown&Coke
05-31-2016, 04:23 PM
I always thought it was a "show" signing

OKC matched Portland's offer, I doubt OKC was offering it prior, but they couldn't go into the season again crying poor because KD is going to be a FA.

It was more of a "see, we will pay for talent, please don't go"

As for the series, the writing was on the wall for Kanter to hit the bench.

imnew09
05-31-2016, 04:32 PM
He was feasting when on court.

Billy fked up

Thunderfan86
05-31-2016, 05:11 PM
He was feasting when on court.

Billy fked up
He gave up more points than he scored. He was completely lost on the defensive end. Did you see how easy the Warriors scored when he was on the court?

DMAVS41
05-31-2016, 05:13 PM
He's way better than he's getting credit for here. He was a beast against the Spurs and he was great last night actually.

Just a really bad matchup against the Warriors.

Against any other team he's playing a much bigger role.

Akrazotile
05-31-2016, 05:16 PM
It kinda feels like a Jon Konkak situation where a guy gts overpaid to keep him from a potential rival down the line. Not that I find it reasonable in either case.

Enes Kantract

G-train
05-31-2016, 07:20 PM
LOLOLOLOL

Presti :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

As a first year Max Contract player, he has to be among the worst of all time.

To be fair, Presti offered him a solid contract.
Then Portland offered him the MAX offer sheet.
and OKC matched as they gave up some goods to get him orginally.

So a unique situation, it wasn't and out and out bad signing.

bdreason
05-31-2016, 07:25 PM
I think the only embarrassing part is they refused to pay Harden, then turned around and paid Kanter.

The modern game is perimeter oriented, and OKC could have had 3 of the top 10 perimeter players in the game.

ImKobe
05-31-2016, 07:28 PM
he got the money because he'll give you quality minutes in the regular season and he can put up quick points when needed

obviously he wasn't going to get much burn against GS with his defense and Adams getting more minutes. Varejao crossed him over in Game 7.

Nanners
05-31-2016, 07:33 PM
kanter is a terrible matchup vs the small ball warriors. he got decent minutes against the spurs tho.

tristan thompson or kevin love is going to play low minutes against the warriors next round too, cant play them both at once.

DMAVS41
05-31-2016, 08:07 PM
I think the only embarrassing part is they refused to pay Harden, then turned around and paid Kanter.

The modern game is perimeter oriented, and OKC could have had 3 of the top 10 perimeter players in the game.

it's all about the situation they were in. and my god...for the last time...this team with Harden would be drawing dead vs teams like the Spurs, Warriors, and Cavs at this point...with Harden no doubt causing chemistry and role problems.

They'd have no ability to protect the rim and the defense would be atrocious.

Adding Harden to this Thunder team makes 0 sense.

The Harden deal was/is not the problem with this team...really there is no problem...they have enough to beat all time great teams. LOL

Hopper15
05-31-2016, 08:26 PM
The Kyle Singler contract was pretty dumb as well.