PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant's best chance of winning a Ring is to head East

BallsOut
05-31-2016, 09:11 PM
When was the last time Lebron had any competition leading up to the NBA Finals?

If KD really wants the best chance at winning a ring, he should sign with the Celtics, Wizards, or Heat next season. Lebron might actually have some competition leading up to the NBA Finals :lebronamazed:

[QUOTE]Said Stearns:

Dray n Klay
05-31-2016, 09:18 PM

If KD really wants the best chance at winning a ring, he should sign with the Celtics, Wizards, Pacers, Bulls or Heat next season. Lebron might actually have some competition leading up to the NBA Finals :lebronamazed:

Umm LeBron has had competition in the East every season

He faced a 50 win team and a 60 win team last playoffs just in the East

He was the underdog in both series

beastee
05-31-2016, 09:23 PM

If KD really wants the best chance at winning a ring, he should sign with the Celtics, Wizards, Pacers, Bulls or Heat next season. Lebron might actually have some competition leading up to the NBA Finals :lebronamazed:
Agreed with these 2 teams. Not sure the Wizards or Pacers really are right for him. PG24 and him seem too similar. Wizards just seem to have taken a big step back.

Celtics have a great coach and a scrappy team needing a big scorer. Great fit.

IF Butler stays and Rose can stay healthy, the Bulls would be instant contenders for Lebron. With their athletic young bigs, that would be a fast long team. Not sure they would shoot very well though.

MJistheGOAT
05-31-2016, 09:25 PM
KD to Celtics.
Make it, Silver.

tamaraw08
05-31-2016, 09:32 PM
Agreed with these 2 teams. Not sure the Wizards or Pacers really are right for him. PG24 and him seem too similar. Wizards just seem to have taken a big step back.

IF Butler stays and Rose can stay healthy, the Bulls would be instant contenders for Lebron. With their athletic young bigs, that would be a fast long team. Not sure they would shoot very well though.

I hate Wall because he is so cocky but the guy is legit. Beal, Gortat, Morris, Porter are good enough to help KD along with a decent coach like Scott Brooks. The only mentor who took KD to the finals

beastee
05-31-2016, 09:35 PM
I hate Wall because he is so cocky but the guy is legit. Beal, Gortat, Morris, Porter are good enough to help KD along with a decent coach like Scott Brooks. The only mentor who took KD to the finals
Oh crap, I forgot they picked up Brooks. That connection does help their chances. Good call. Beal is hurt too often and Not Sure if Porter hasn't already peaked.

Bankaii
05-31-2016, 09:44 PM
He'd be Lebron's bitch every year.
And if he somehow got past him he's still lose against the West.

This was his year, and it's his fault he isn't still competing.

KingPush
05-31-2016, 09:50 PM
Yup,

Then trade Love for Wade+Bosh and then sign Whiteside

Kyrie/Delly
Wade/JR
KD/Shumpert
Lebron/Bosh
Whiteside/TT

Asukal
05-31-2016, 09:53 PM
They almost beat a historical team, why the fvck would he want to change teams now? He should stay and lead his team to the title, I know they can pull it off.

WeGetRing2012
05-31-2016, 11:42 PM
The Eastern teams still have to play the best from the West. What is the point? So he can have an awful winning percentage in the Finals like Bronny. This thinking doesn't make sense to me... The East has only won 5 times in the past 16 yrs.. who would want to play there

stephanieg
06-01-2016, 12:01 AM
I don't know if Durant wants to face titans like the Raptors and the Hawks.

BallsOut
06-01-2016, 01:18 AM

I think Durant would be a great fit with the Wizards. Wall is more of a pure PG than Westbrook. Definitely has a higher basketball IQ.

JebronLames
06-01-2016, 02:20 AM
Yup,

Then trade Love for Wade+Bosh and then sign Whiteside

Kyrie/Delly
Wade/JR
KD/Shumpert
Lebron/Bosh
Whiteside/TT
Wade doesn't get playing time on that team

Gileraracer
06-01-2016, 02:25 AM
Durant can you hear me? If you want a cakewalk, go to the Bulls / Heat.

GrapeApe
06-01-2016, 02:38 AM
Wade doesn't get playing time on that team

Yeah, a guy who just had a playoff run of 21/6/5/1/1 with a 22 PER and almost single handedly carried his team to the ECF wouldn't get playing time ahead of JR Smith, Shumpert, or Delly. Ok.

Durant is probably staying at least one more year in OKC, but if he does leave it's going to be 100% about getting a ring. You can't get a ring without reaching the finals and the path to the finals is definitely easier in the east.

plowking
06-01-2016, 03:11 AM
He'd be Lebron's bitch every year.
And if he somehow got past him he's still lose against the West.

This was his year, and it's his fault he isn't still competing.

You call for more rational and level headed posts about Lebron and then you post this about Durant...

BigBoss
06-01-2016, 04:55 AM

Lol

Meticode
06-01-2016, 04:59 AM
Personally I think if he does leave it's for Miami or Boston, but I do get that feeling he's going to do that 2-year deal thing with a 1-year opt out option so he can make the most money.

D. Toretto
06-01-2016, 06:24 AM
I would love KD on the celtics. Great Coach, competition in the East making it More entertainable and Westbrick boneheading his way out of the Playoffs. Im in! Lol

diamenz
06-01-2016, 08:51 AM
durant isn't a bitch like that. maybe he'll do it when he's old and hasn't won any, but for now he's staying okc. they have a very solid team.

HylianNightmare
06-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Indy plz

PAOK
06-01-2016, 12:04 PM
what if he joins the bucks

Giannis / KD / Parker / Middleton

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

INDI
06-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Celtics for many reasons makes sense

1. Most winning franchise in NBA history
2. Great front office
3. Already a playoff team without him
4. One of the top defenses in the L
5. Best players are young
6. Capspace
7. Has the number 3 selection in the draft
8. Get to swap picks with the nets for the next two seasons giving them the potential to have 2 more top picks
9. Only team to win a championship in the east besides the heat in the last decade

They have all the tools. Add durant to what's already there and another good signing and they are legit contenders

BallsOut
06-01-2016, 01:52 PM

2. Great front office
6. Capspace
8. Get to swap picks with the nets for the next two seasons giving them the potential to have 2 more top picks
9. Only team to win a championship in the east besides the heat in the last decade

They have all the tools. Add durant to what's already there and another good signing and they are legit contenders

Even though I'm not a fan of the Celtics, I would say Boston is a great destination for Durant if he wants to win now. They've got almost all of the pieces like you said. I'm all for a more competitive eastern conference. If KD goes East, Lebron would actually have competition before the NBA Finals :applause:

BallsOut
06-03-2016, 12:36 AM
Lebron is pretty much guaranteed to advance to the NBA Finals every year because he plays in the weak East. Smart man. If Kevin Durant really wants to win, he just needs to get through Lebron in the East.

The West is a bloodbath every year. The East? A pathetic cakewalk for Lebron and whoever 2 other superstar players he's colluding with. KD can save us from future shit Finals if he heads East.

jrong
06-03-2016, 01:00 AM

2. Great front office
6. Capspace

Why would he choose Boston over Miami, if he wants to win now?

Wade and Whiteside are better than any Celtic players, and you can arguably add Bosh to that list if he can return (although Bosh v. I.T. is a tough comparison because they have different roles.) On top of that-- forget draft picks-- the Heat have two players who just finished their rookie seasons who have already proven they can be long-term fixtures in this league.

As far as coaches, I would probably give the edge to Stevens over Spo, but not when you add in Riley as the unseen hand behind the scenes. Plus, South Beach vs. ... south Boston.

If Durant wants to be a top 10 player of all-time, which his talent justifies, there's only one destination he should be considering.

tpols
06-03-2016, 01:07 AM

Wade and Whiteside are better than any Celtic players, and you can arguably add Bosh to that list if he can return (although Bosh v. I.T. is a tough comparison because they have different roles.) On top of that-- forget draft picks-- the Heat have two players who just finished their rookie seasons who have already proven they can be long-term fixtures in this league.

As far as coaches, I would probably give the edge to Stevens over Spo, but not when you add in Riley as the unseen hand behind the scenes. Plus, South Beach vs. ... south Boston.

If Durant wants to be a top 10 player of all-time, which his talent justifies, there's only one destination he should be considering.

yea, but wade isnt going to be a star much longer, and is one bad fall away from retirement.. and Steven Adams is arguably better than Whiteside right now.

OKC is best choice. Lebron and his cast of hand picked stars will still be out east, and they will have to face golden state in the Finals anyways. Best to get a top seed out west with what he has now because hes not getting anything close to it out east.

KiiiiNG
06-03-2016, 01:10 AM
They were two possessions away from winning the ship THIS year. :oldlol:

He's not going anywhere. Donovan was a rookie head-coach... and OKC still has young developing guys like Adams, Kanter, Roberson, Waiters, and Payne who will only get better and better.

OKC probably begins a dynasty next year.

BallsOut
06-04-2016, 09:10 PM
Personally I think if he does leave it's for Miami or Boston, but I do get that feeling he's going to do that 2-year deal thing with a 1-year opt out option so he can make the most money.

I get the money thing but Durant can do a one year + player option contact for any team. Why not try and join a team in the weak eastern conference next season? All he has to do is beat LeBron and his superstar teammates and he's guaranteed a trip to the NBA Finals.

Does Durant really want to win a ring? It's so much easier to win a ring in the East. Or is Durant just content with coming up short every season in the bloodbath that is the western conference?

hold this L
06-04-2016, 09:41 PM

If KD really wants the best chance at winning a ring, he should sign with the Celtics, Wizards, or Heat next season. Lebron might actually have some competition leading up to the NBA Finals :lebronamazed:
If KD didn't hate Jackson, Pistons would be a great fit for him. Very young and talented squad. Pretty much Durant with 2-3 solid bench guys (their bench is garbage) would make them a top 4 team. They have the biggest upside in terms of young players in the league.

Boston & Heat would be good picks, but I am curious if Wade takes a ridiculous 20m contract as well as Whiteside staying or not.

INDI
06-05-2016, 07:48 AM

Boston has a much brighter future than the heat. The heats best players are either close to retirement or injury prone. Wade only has a couple good years left and that could be shortened by the injury bug. Deng is injury prone. Bosh is another blood clot away from retirement. Joe Johnson is old, on a rapid decline, and a free agent. Added to that mix is their best young talent is whiteside who is a UFA this offseason.

The heat is an organization that has good potential but do you really think he wants to take that kind of a gamble playing amongst older stars and injury prone? The Celtics however is a much younger team and offers him a better chance at winning.

1. They Celtics give him the opportunity to mold a team around him. With the heat he would be a plug and play because the majority of their players are still under contract. The celts have about 5 free agents they can choose to let go and bring players that have a better flow with durant

2. They Cs can make a couple of small maneuvers and bring in another max player to play with durant of his choosing. Also package a player and the number 3 pick to land a disgruntled star. It's not far fetched that they can sign Durant and say a Al horford and then trade the 3 pick and players for a Jimmy Butler caliber player.

3. The fact that the Celtics are already a playoff team and have the number 3 pick in the draft and also the rights to swap picks with the nets for the next two seasons cannot be taken lightly. The nets will be a bottom team for s few more seasons and can potentially help the Celtics to land a number one pick in the up coming drafts (definitely the picks will be two more top 5 selections).

4 going to Miami he will instantly be compared to Lebron (which he doesn't want). People would diminish him by saying he can't lead the to 4 straight finals while not acknowledging the fact that Lebron had wade and bosh closer to their prime.

Overall the Celtics have a better organization. They've had 3 era's of being a dominant organization and with Danny ainge and Brad Stevens at the helm I trust them better than any other team in the east to build a contender around durant.

ZMonkey11
06-05-2016, 08:00 AM

I would think this is the type of player you would try to fill your whole squad with.

Can play off-ball, shoot, pass, rebound.

Both long and can defend 3 positions each.

Intelligent players who don't portray a huge ego. KD defers to Westbrook all the time.

If I could fill up my squad of 5 with PGs and KDs, I would have no problem running PG at the 1 and 2, and KD at the 3, 4, and 5.

I would absolutely put these two on the same team.

To the main point, KD needs to come to Detroit.

All other teams are basically stop gaps that can win one or two chips in the next 10 years. The Pistons can win the chip every year KD is here. He would be the alpha, superstar veteran they need. The core will follow his lead and learn from the Jedi Master.

tamaraw08
06-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Boston has a much brighter future than the heat. The heats best players are either close to retirement or injury prone. Wade only has a couple good years left and that could be shortened by the injury bug. Deng is injury prone. Bosh is another blood clot away from retirement. Joe Johnson is old, on a rapid decline, and a free agent. Added to that mix is their best young talent is whiteside who is a UFA this offseason.

The heat is an organization that has good potential but do you really think he wants to take that kind of a gamble playing amongst older stars and injury prone? The Celtics however is a much younger team and offers him a better chance at winning.

1. They Celtics give him the opportunity to mold a team around him. With the heat he would be a plug and play because the majority of their players are still under contract. The celts have about 5 free agents they can choose to let go and bring players that have a better flow with durant

2. They Cs can make a couple of small maneuvers and bring in another max player to play with durant of his choosing. Also package a player and the number 3 pick to land a disgruntled star. It's not far fetched that they can sign Durant and say a Al horford and then trade the 3 pick and players for a Jimmy Butler caliber player.

3. The fact that the Celtics are already a playoff team and have the number 3 pick in the draft and also the rights to swap picks with the nets for the next two seasons cannot be taken lightly. The nets will be a bottom team for s few more seasons and can potentially help the Celtics to land a number one pick in the up coming drafts (definitely the picks will be two more top 5 selections).

4 going to Miami he will instantly be compared to Lebron (which he doesn't want). People would diminish him by saying he can't lead the to 4 straight finals while not acknowledging the fact that Lebron had wade and bosh closer to their prime.

Overall the Celtics have a better organization. They've had 3 era's of being a dominant organization and with Danny ainge and Brad Stevens at the helm I trust them better than any other team in the east to build a contender around durant.
I understand Boston has a brighter future but so is Washington.
Stevens is great but Scott Brooks is not a bad either IMO. Leading OKC to their only Finals appearance a few years back.
The Wall/Beal Combo is better than Avery/Thomas backcourt.
Gortat is a better center than what Boston has IMO.

BallsOut
06-06-2016, 10:09 PM
Stevens is great but Scott Brooks is not a bad either IMO. Leading OKC to their only Finals appearance a few years back.

Wizards or Celtics would be a great fit for Durant

avonbarksdale
06-06-2016, 10:37 PM
raps?

lowry
derozan
carroll
durant
jv

bench

joseph
powell
ross
patterson
biyombo

does this team beat the cavs?

BallsOut
06-06-2016, 10:43 PM
raps?

lowry
derozan
carroll
durant
jv

bench

joseph
powell
ross
patterson
biyombo

does this team beat the cavs?

Easily. But Raptors can't afford Durant. Would have to let Derozan walk.

PsychoBe
06-07-2016, 09:48 AM
Easily. But Raptors can't afford Durant. Would have to let Derozan walk.

what a travesty :lol

GINOBILI!
06-07-2016, 09:51 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Ca$H
06-07-2016, 10:06 AM

Best chance? Join the Warriors.

sd3035
06-07-2016, 10:09 AM
Durant to Boston it is

GINOBILI!
06-07-2016, 10:17 AM
what a travesty :lol
Seriously. :lol

keep-itreal
06-07-2016, 10:20 AM
Celtics get Kevin Love and Kevin Durant:confusedshrug:

GINOBILI!
06-07-2016, 10:24 AM
Celtics would be better off not landing Love with Durant. Just add Durant.

LeBron would be so pissy if Durant came east.

Derka
06-07-2016, 12:06 PM
Celtics get Kevin Love and Kevin Durant :confusedshrug:
No interest at all in Kevin Love. Zero. Zilch. Dude is soft.

We'd be mad not to want Durant but I don't believe he'll ever come here. We never land free agents.

theaussieguy
06-07-2016, 12:07 PM

because wizards are a shit tier organization. The players are just one half of the equation. But if anyone seriously thinks Durant is leaving OKC is delusional, WB got that boi on a leash.

Rose'sACL
06-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Durant should choose Boston and then Celtics should trade all their picks for good players around Durant.

miggyme1
06-07-2016, 12:11 PM
how is this true when the teams out west are better. His best chance to win a title is to come out of the west then face a subpar east team

BallsOut
06-07-2016, 08:21 PM
how is this true when the teams out west are better. His best chance to win a title is to come out of the west then face a subpar east team

Use some logic. The west of so difficult it's hard to even make the Finals. Out East it's a cakewalk. All Durant has to do is get through Lebron in the East and he's going to the NBA Finals.

miggyme1
06-08-2016, 11:59 AM
Use some logic. The west of so difficult it's hard to even make the Finals. Out East it's a cakewalk. All Durant has to do is get through Lebron in the East and he's going to the NBA Finals.

smh...the incompetence of this board never ceases to amaze me. Go back 20 years and count how many west teams have won the finals and how many east teams.

Again like I said...his best chance is to make it out west because he will face a subpar east team...what are not understanding about that??? If he goes out east he will coast to the finals just to lose to the spurs/warriors etc out west. Its not rocket science bro

and ill do the math for you....since 1996 only 8 east teams have won it all.....3 of those are the Jordan bulls. lmao

And you wanna talk to me about logic....go sit your azz down somehwere

BallsOut
06-11-2016, 12:33 AM
Another shitty NBA finals because Lebron's colluding ass had no competition out East. Durant should be taking notes. He could easily make it to the finals if he went East.

BallsOut
06-11-2016, 04:27 PM
We gon act like Durant wouldn't have made it to the NBA Finals this year of he was playing in the East? Hell, he took the Warriors to 7 games.

BallsOut
06-12-2016, 05:09 PM
Durant should choose Boston and then Celtics should trade all their picks for good players around Durant.

This is a good strategy. Boston should go all in on KD this summer.