PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain to me why hockey is a good sport?

oarabbus
06-01-2016, 01:46 AM
I find watching baseball on TV boring as shit, but at least I can see why other people like it. Hockey just seems like... a shittier version of soccer played on ice skates where you're allowed to fight. Someone please explain this one to me.

Nick Young
06-01-2016, 04:04 AM
Its a shit game that only makes sense to snow rednecks and canadiens

BigBoss
06-01-2016, 04:43 AM
Motherpucker a growing beards, skating on ice, drinking beer, fighting, etc. It's the caveman sport

FillJackson
06-01-2016, 05:11 AM
Motherpucker a growing beards, skating on ice, drinking beer, fighting, etc. It's the caveman sport
In Detroit, they will occasionally throw octopi on the ice

ROCSteady
06-01-2016, 11:24 AM
It's a fast-paced skill game with good physicality.

Also the most rewarding sport, sometimes a lucky bounce can determine a game but it truly rewards those who are skilled, focused and work hard.

It contains the most tension as even the smallest misplay or misstep can potentially cost a team their season

The NHL Playoffs annually are superior to the NBA playoffs in regards to an entire tournament.

bdreason
06-01-2016, 01:10 PM
Hockey is an amazing live sport. It doesn't translate well to television.

JohnnySic
06-01-2016, 01:21 PM
True. Its fine on tv but 10x better live.

DonDadda59
06-01-2016, 01:21 PM

Roommate of mine from HS is an NHL starting goalie. Personally I was never a fan of the sport, but I caught a bunch of his games in person (bunch of pro scouts were at every one) and it's definitely a much better spectator/in-person sport than it is watching on TV. Similar to soccer IMO.

ROCSteady
06-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Roommate of mine from HS is an NHL starting goalie. Personally I was never a fan of the sport, but I caught a bunch of his games in person (bunch of pro scouts were at every one) and it's definitely a much better spectator/in-person sport than it is watching on TV. Similar to soccer IMO.

Whose the goalie?

tomtucker
06-01-2016, 01:33 PM
why hockey is a good sport ? few ******s and no arabs :bowdown: :bowdown:

DonDadda59
06-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Whose the goalie?

Schneider, Devils. We lived in the same dorm for 3 years, roommates for 1. Spent a lot of time in his house in Marblehead. Most humble dude you'll ever meet in your life. He was engineered and groomed to be a pro goalie from the womb. :lol

Played Hockey all year round. On the weekend he would go back home to work with a private goalie coach. Every break he was flying somewhere overseas to take part in tournaments. His dad must've spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in developing him. Paid off in a huge way.

Some colleges were even looking at him as a D-1 catcher. Good all around athlete.

ROCSteady
06-01-2016, 01:42 PM
Schneider, Devils. We lived in the same dorm for 3 years, roommates for 1. Spent a lot of time in his house in Marblehead. Most humble dude you'll ever meet in your life. He was engineered and groomed to be a pro goalie from the womb. :lol

Played Hockey all year round. On the weekend he would go back home to work with a private goalie coach. Every break he was flying somewhere overseas to take part in tournaments. His dad must've spent hundreds of thousands of dollars in developing him. Paid off in a huge way.

Some colleges were even looking at him as a D-1 catcher. Good all around athlete.

That's cool, he's good. He was backup for the Canucks and then the Devils needed a new main guy after Martin Brodeur (all time great) retired. He was traded into a situation where he was trying to fill the shoes of one of the best netminders of all-time. Sports is pressure, pressure is sports. Goalies need extreme mental toughness along with being strong athletes.

Being a goalie is very physically demanding. Me? I have no sympathy because my favorite thing was making goalies cry as a kid but the higher levels of comp you play, the more you have to respect the athleticism goalies have and how sharp their eyes are. It takes a lot out of the body to play goalie, stamina is underrated with them.

And yeah, playing hockey is CRAZY expensive and it is quite the sacrifice for parents unless they are filthy rich

DonDadda59
06-01-2016, 01:48 PM
That's cool, he's good. He was backup for the Canucks and then the Devils needed a new main guy after Martin Brodeur (all time great) retired. He was traded into a situation where he was trying to fill the shoes of one of the best netminders of all-time. Sports is pressure, pressure is sports. Goalies need extreme mental toughness along with being strong athletes.

Being a goalie is very physically demanding. Me? I have no sympathy because my favorite thing was making goalies cry as a kid but the higher levels of comp you play, the more you have to respect the crazy athleticism goalies have and how sharp their eyes are.

And yeah, playing hockey is CRAZY expensive and it is quite the sacrifice for parents unless they are filthy rich

His dad was a retired multimillionaire 'consultant' who owned his own small plane (got to ride in it once, almost died). That should give you an idea of how much he had to sacrifice. :lol

Looking back, I was in an extraordinary situation. During my sophomore year, Zak DeOssie was the captain of our basketball and football teams. Olivia Wilde was one of his classmates. I lived with Cory Schneider for 3 years and played on an intramural basketball team with Thomas McDonell.

And I spent all my time getting high and trying to finger f*ck some skanky rich girls. Time I'll never get back. :facepalm

senelcoolidge
06-01-2016, 02:06 PM
Can someone explain to me why american football and soccer are good sports? I don't get it.

tmacattack33
06-01-2016, 02:42 PM
It's better than soccer for me. And the reasons aren't even complex. They are on skates with line changes and so they move way faster thatn soccer players . There's more physical play and checks. The puck moves faster and is hit harder than the soccer ball.

It's also a little better for fans of individual players than soccer is since one player can mean more to a hockey team than a soccer team.

ROCSteady
06-01-2016, 02:49 PM
Soccer is so shitty and boring compared to hockey.

I realize more of the world watches soccer (due to accessibility and practicality) but there isn't one nuance of soccer that is superior to hockey other than maybe bicycle kicks which rarely are scored.

falc39
06-01-2016, 04:54 PM
I'm going to the Stanley Cup finals game 3 on saturday. Spent over 2 grand on tickets.

Also, soccer>hockey>basketball>baseball