PDA

View Full Version : Where has Curry been before Klay/Green joined?

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 02:07 AM
Was he even making the playoffs? Was he this insane scoring machine with no defensive responsibilities? On the other hand, guys like MJ and Bron where taking their teams to the playoffs with scrub teammates. My point is, he is constantly being outplayed by his teammates. It seems that they are doing all the heavy lifting, putting Curry in a position the succeed.

GeeWiz
06-01-2016, 02:10 AM
Did you ever leave your basement before you joined this forum?

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 02:12 AM
Did you ever leave your basement before you joined this forum?Already steaming boi? Cant have a discussion without the immature attacks? Must be a Kobe fan.

GeeWiz
06-01-2016, 02:15 AM
Already steaming boi? Cant have a discussion without the immature attacks? Must be a Kobe fan.

Nah, I'm your dad, and it's past your bedtime, take your medication and go to sleep, enough trolling for one day.

sportjames23
06-01-2016, 02:32 AM
This thread doe

:lol :oldlol: :roll:

imnew09
06-01-2016, 02:33 AM
joined date : april 2016

If you didn't know, then you must started watching basketball, and already hopped on Lebron's d*** wagon. Bad move.

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 02:40 AM
joined date : april 2016

If you didn't know, then you must started watching basketball, and already hopped on Lebron's d*** wagon. Bad move.
I'm also an MJ fan, what's your point?

3ball
06-01-2016, 03:04 AM
it's a perfectly fine thread

curry's 3-point shooting focus has come along at the perfect time:

it's the 3-point/spacing era where gimmicky, hot potato-style ball movement is used to scramble the spaced-out defenders until someone like Klay or Curry is open for another 3-pointer..

in addition to the spaced-out defenders, hands-off defense makes today's era the most offensive-friendly era ever.

34-24 Footwork
06-01-2016, 03:15 AM
Was he even making the playoffs? Was he this insane scoring machine with no defensive responsibilities? On the other hand, guys like MJ and Bron where taking their teams to the playoffs with scrub teammates. My point is, he is constantly being outplayed by his teammates. It seems that they are doing all the heavy lifting, putting Curry in a position the succeed.

OP talking about millionaires doing heavy lifting while he creates threads from his parents basement.

No irony here.

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 02:25 PM

it's the 3-point/spacing era where gimmicky, hot potato-style ball movement is used to scramble the spaced-out defenders until someone like Klay or Curry is open for another 3-pointer..

in addition to the spaced-out defenders, hands-off defense makes today's era the most offensive-friendly era ever.
Exaclty. People seem to forget that Curry's team is so stacked, even if he is off or having a bad game, his teammates always are there to pick up the pace. MJ and Bron never had that luxury! Their team only goes as far as Bron or MJ could take them. Not the same case for Curry. Hence the reason he did not get finals MVP!

juju151111
06-01-2016, 02:29 PM
Exaclty. People seem to forget that Curry's team is so stacked, even if he is off or having a bad game, his teammates always are there to pick up the pace. MJ and Bron never had that luxury! Their team only goes as far as Bron or MJ could take them. Not the same case for Curry. Hence the reason he did not get finals MVP!
Mj was off in the 93 playoffs 5hey still won

Carbine
06-01-2016, 02:31 PM

It's not gimmicky, it's called team basketball.

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Mj was off in the 93 playoffs 5hey still won
Maybe for one game, but NOT a complete series! AND HE WAS NEVER OUTPLAYED BY A TEAMATE! NEVER!

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2016, 02:40 PM

Not exactly. It's called having to water down the game to accommodate the lack of talent that was present in past eras. I don't fault Klay and Curry for mastering the ability to make shots with defenders draped all over them. They are playing within the rules.

I blame the shitty evolution of the game.

How can people say GSW runs anything other than a gimmick offense when the entire offense is get the ball to Klay or Curry and have them shoot a bail out 3?
:roll:

Carbine
06-01-2016, 02:51 PM
Not exactly. It's called having to water down the game to accommodate the lack of talent that was present in past eras. I don't fault Klay and Curry for mastering the ability to make shots with defenders draped all over them. They are playing within the rules.

I blame the shitty evolution of the game.

How can people say GSW runs anything other than a gimmick offense when the entire offense is get the ball to Klay or Curry and have them shoot a bail out 3?
:roll:

You don't understand basketball.

Haymaker
06-01-2016, 02:51 PM
He was dealing with shitty ankles, shitty coaches and shitty co-stars.

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 02:56 PM
He was dealing with shitty ankles, shitty coaches and shitty co-stars.
Bull. The guy wasn't even considered top ten PG! heck, not even top 20! My point is, his teammates elevate his game, not the other way around. His absence in this year's playoffs has proved my point!!

GoSpursGo1984
06-01-2016, 03:04 PM

Nah you know the only way he leaves the basement is to go to the bathroom for everything else he needs he just yells for his mom to bring him it.

Goldrush25
06-01-2016, 03:08 PM

It's a shift in strategy to center it around the three-point shot. Like everything else in the NBA, the league will catch up to it eventually.

hold this L
06-01-2016, 03:14 PM
Bull. The guy wasn't even considered top ten PG! heck, not even top 20! My point is, his teammates elevate his game, not the other way around. His absence in this year's playoffs has proved my point!!
Jesus, when will you morons at least stop making new alts to spout the same shit over and over again? :facepalm

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2016, 03:16 PM
You don't understand basketball.

You don't understand how current basketball compares to basketball in the past. Did you not watch the WCF? That's exactly what happened.

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Jesus, when will you morons at least stop making new alts to spout the same shit over and over again? :facepalm
So this is your response? Typical. Ive won this argument.

dazzer87
06-01-2016, 03:19 PM
So this is your response? Typical. Ive won this argument.
Aiiiiiiiiiiiight

Haymaker
06-01-2016, 03:32 PM

This is just plain hating on the guy. He was a youngster, still learning how to play the game while dealing with injuries and stuff. You expected him to be a Superstar out of the gate? After his 2011 surgery he only got better. Of course he got great teammates, but he grew with them, not thanks to them.

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 03:36 PM
This is just plain hating on the guy. He was a youngster, still learning how to play the game while dealing with injuries and stuff. You expected him to be a Superstar out of the gate? After his 2011 surgery he only got better. Of course he got great teammates, but he grew with them, not thanks to them.
Ill give you that he grew with them, but he wasn't $hit without them! Players like Lillard, CP3, Nash, Iverson.... They were all great players without having a great team around them. Curry was non existent! Not even top 20! That explains why the team succeeded during the regular/post season without him!

MiseryCityTexas
06-01-2016, 03:41 PM

People are quick to get mad when you tell the truth. Curry has a lot of help compared to other NBA Superstars not named Lebron.

Haymaker
06-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Ill give you that he grew with them, but he wasn't $hit without them! Players like Lillard, CP3, Nash, Iverson.... They were all great players without having a great team around them. Curry was non existent! Not even top 20! That explains why the team succeeded during the regular/post season without him!

He started peaking along all these changes in personnel (Coaches, players, etc.) I never would've imagined he would be this good, or that the Warriors would be an elite team. It was organic growth. The team has learned to win without him because their guys step up. But no matter how good Klay has been playing, it all starts with Curry.

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 03:52 PM
He started peaking along all these changes in personnel (Coaches, players, etc.) I never would've imagined he would be this good, or that the Warriors would be an elite team. It was organic growth. The team has learned to win without him because their guys step up. But no matter how good Klay has been playing, it all starts with Curry.I agree with you. But you must admit, this team can make it to the WCF without Curry! Many times has Curry $hit the bed during games and his teammates were there to pick up the slack! Curry is probably the only superstar that can get away with constantly playing like crap (games 1, 3,4, and 6 vs OKC) and still win the games or series.

Haymaker
06-01-2016, 04:00 PM
I agree with you. But you must admit, this team can make it to the WCF without Curry! Many times has Curry $hit the bed during games and his teammates were there to pick up the slack! Curry is probably the only superstar that can get away with constantly playing like crap (games 1, 3,4, and 6 vs OKC) and still win the games or series.

I know. They're such a good team that they don't rely on one man to score and win a game. In that way, Curry should be considered lucky. But also think about the many games where he bailed them out in the 4th quarter. It's 50/50 IMO.

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 04:06 PM
I know. They're such a good team that they don't rely on one man to score and win a game. In that way, Curry should be considered lucky. But also think about the many games where he bailed them out in the 4th quarter. It's 50/50 IMO.
Agree. Hopefully his chandelier body can keep up, Warriors have a good thing going.