PDA

View Full Version : Who Has More To Gain? More to Loose? Bron vs Steph

Bless Mathews
06-01-2016, 12:06 PM
Bron wins- he beats "best record team" ever.

Brings first title to his state he grew up in.

Bron looses - cements his legacy as a colliding choker that can't lead his team to a chip

Steph wins- finishes "all time" season with a rang.

Back to back ... And counting

Steph looses- "all time " season all for not

Looses to Bron

"Best player on planet" to whoever wins no doubt.

I think The pressure is on boaf.

Tough to tell who has more. I think Bron would gain a little bit more.

Too bad Steph gonna slay him doe.

Let's go!

stalkerforlife
06-01-2016, 12:09 PM
The one that wasn't fraudulently named the 3rd GOAT has nothing to lose, me thinks.

The one that was has everything to lose.

STATUTORY
06-01-2016, 12:10 PM
Bran, he hasn't proven anything. Finals appearances dont mean nothing when you coming from the east

DCL
06-01-2016, 12:10 PM
LOSE and LOSSES are not words that should be difficult to spell

Rocketswin2013
06-01-2016, 12:11 PM
LOSE and LOSSES are not words that should be difficult to spell
neither is "both".

and wtf is he going on about with this:
Bron looses - cements his legacy as a colliding choker that can't lead his team to a chip
:wtf: what a stupid peice of shit post.

theaussieguy
06-01-2016, 12:12 PM
steph just single handedly plouged through portland and OKC on a knee that is at 50% health at best, even if he loses this has been a historic run. Takes nothing away from steph.

Bran has nothing to lose tbh, hes already lost and broken.

branslowski
06-01-2016, 12:15 PM
Bron got more to lose and Curry has more to gain. If Curry wins then not only does he cap off a 73 win season in which he led his team, but he will also prove worthy to UMVP, aswell as dust off me little roaches left who thinks he isn't the best in the game. And If LeBron loses he will then be 2-5 in the finals basically losing 5/7 finals and be branded as the man who jumps from team to team to stack up in a sh!tty East and make it to the Finals only to continue to lose to REAL teams. Would be 3 straight Finals Loses. Smh chokes..

konex
06-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Steph most to gain - They will say he is better than Bron and top 10 if he wins this.

Bron most to lose - I do not think Bron can afford to lose this series and if he wins, he's still 3 of 7 in the Finals

Prime_Shaq
06-01-2016, 12:19 PM
Fk bro, did you go to school?

scuzzy
06-01-2016, 12:19 PM
This Finals is MUCH more crucial to Curry's legacy

Lets compare:

BEST supporter cast of all time

BEST record of all time

THREE players on ALL NBA-Team

1.5 players on ALL Defensive NBA-Team

THREE all-stars

Returning FMVP coming off the bench

Former NBA champs

COACH of the YEAR

Home court advantage

Vs.

One all-star :oldlol:

One player on ALL NBA-Team :oldlol:

Rookie Coach :oldlol:

You're telling me the pressure and magnitude is more on Lebron's legacy than it is Curry? With the supporting cast Curry has? Dude can literally COAST all game and his team can win.

Lebron already has 2 rings 2 FMVP

Curry wasn't even the best player on his team last years Finals (0-11 votes)

If Curry loses it will be the biggest shortcoming failure of all time. Lebron's already ranked #3, his 6th straight Finals solidifies that even more

If Curry wins but doesn't get the FMVP again?! This place will go nuclear

warriorfan
06-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Steph has the most to loose

LeBrons is already super loose from the last 2 finals

warriorfan
06-01-2016, 12:21 PM
Curry's series is MUCH more crucial to his legacy

Lets compare:

BEST supporter cast of all time

BEST record of all time

THREE players on ALL NBA-Team

1.5 players on ALL Defensive NBA-Team

THREE all-stars

Returning FMVP coming off the bench

Former NBA champs

COACH of the YEAR

Home court advantage

Vs.

One all-star :oldlol:

One player on ALL NBA-Team :oldlol:

Rookie Coach :oldlol:

You're telling me the pressure and magnitude is more on Lebron's legacy than it is Curry? With the supporting cast Curry has? Dude can literally COAST all game and his team can win.

Lebron already has 2 rings 2 FMVP

Curry wasn't even the best player on his team last year (0-11 votes)

If Curry loses it will be the biggest shortcoming failure of all time. Lebron's already ranked #3, his 6th straight Finals solidifies that even more

get a life cumguzzy :roll:

ROCSteady
06-01-2016, 12:27 PM
LeBron has the most to gain and lose...

If he loses, he will single-handedly be responsible for en masse suicides, especially from older lifelong Cleveland alcoholics. They can't wait any longer.

If he wins, he will have completed his fake prodigal son homecoming with the first championship for the sad city of Cleveland in over 50 years.

Ohioans will worship him even further and strengthen the demigod status of a flip-flopper who plays basketball.

Not to mention, I think the East will be stronger next season and Bron won't make it back to the Finals which will then give him about 3-5 seasons left in his career to win his depressed city a ring but most likely with a steep physical decline after two to three seasons.

Disaprine
06-01-2016, 12:32 PM
steph winning again will making greater than he already is, while bran is probably already the GOAT choker.

Goldrush25
06-01-2016, 12:37 PM
Aren't the Warriors a 75% favorite to win the Championship?

Seems like they have more to lose since they're supposed to win.

Bran, he hasn't proven anything. Finals appearances dont mean nothing when you coming from the east

If he hasn't proven anything how does he have anything to lose?

ShawkFactory
06-01-2016, 12:39 PM
Trying to be objective...the stakes are higher for steph in general.

His team is the favorite and just won a record amount of games. Should they lose, that looks bad on him. All the pundits will come out and say how they knew this GS wasn't on the level of other ATG teams, and how they knew steph was one dimensional. Not to mention he'd be losing to Lebron, who would likely have outplayed him and take the crown of BITW back from him.

And it also makes last years title, where he didn't even win FMVP, slightly illegitimate.

If GS wins, they just completed the greatest season ever, and the UMVP and FMVP are one in the same. It's huge.

If Lebron wins, great. If he loses nothing really changes.

uoykcuf
06-01-2016, 12:58 PM
Interesting.

I'll say the gap between LeBron losing (esp if he disappoints, doesn't leave it all out there) and LeBron winning (if he puts up similar numbers to last year's finals on better efficiency) could perhaps be argued as the greatest gap (in terms of legacy) to date.

He wins, Cleveland wins. Heck, most of Ohio does as well. 3 FMVPs? I don't care what anyone's agenda is, he'd be ranked no less than #6 all time. Instead of his finals record going to 2-5, he'd be one more finals away from being 50%. He wins this year, there wouldn't be any more pressure on him for the rest of his career, really.

Retiring with 4 MVPS and 3 FMVPs, combined with his all time numbers in nearly every category...not too shabby. But I don't think he'd be satisfied and IMO, I could see him playing into his 40s...

For Steph, it's not nearly as dramatic. So many people already mentally thought they were knocked out before the finals, so even if he stinks it up and loses, people would still consider him over anyone not named Bron. The injury excuse would probably come up. Although, win or lose...if he goes 0/2 FMVPs, he has NO argument for being the BEST PLAYER in the world. Regular season MVP? Sure, unanimous.

LeBron has been the best player on the planet since 2009. In my eyes, and the majority of other knowledgeable NBA fans who are able to view this objectively, he still is. IF Steph wants that "title" he needs this FMVP. He gets it, and LeBron's long reign of holding that honor is passed down. IF he doesn't, he's still the MVP, greatest shooter of all time, but 2nd best player behind King James.

My $0.02.

NBAGOAT
06-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Interesting.

I'll say the gap between LeBron losing (esp if he disappoints, doesn't leave it all out there) and LeBron winning (if he puts up similar numbers to last year's finals on better efficiency) could perhaps be argued as the greatest gap (in terms of legacy) to date.

He wins, Cleveland wins. Heck, most of Ohio does as well. 3 FMVPs? I don't care what anyone's agenda is, he'd be ranked no less than #6 all time. Instead of his finals record going to 2-5, he'd be one more finals away from being 50%. He wins this year, there wouldn't be any more pressure on him for the rest of his career, really.

Retiring with 4 MVPS and 3 FMVPs, combined with his all time numbers in nearly every category...not too shabby. But I don't think he'd be satisfied and IMO, I could see him playing into his 40s...

For Steph, it's not nearly as dramatic. So many people already mentally thought they were knocked out before the finals, so even if he stinks it up and loses, people would still consider him over anyone not named Bron. The injury excuse would probably come up. Although, win or lose...if he goes 0/2 FMVPs, he has NO argument for being the BEST PLAYER in the world. Regular season MVP? Sure, unanimous.

LeBron has been the best player on the planet since 2009. In my eyes, and the majority of other knowledgeable NBA fans who are able to view this objectively, he still is. IF Steph wants that "title" he needs this FMVP. He gets it, and LeBron's long reign of holding that honor is passed down. IF he doesn't, he's still the MVP, greatest shooter of all time, but 2nd best player behind King James.

My $0.02.

maybe not as much for Steph but the Warriors have pretty big implications. Ik Cleveland would be big for the city but the Warriors need to win to get consideration for being an all time great team. Personally I wouldn't put them above the Bulls or a few others even if they won but they definitely be top 5.

choppermagic
06-01-2016, 01:24 PM
Curry is establishing his legacy so he has more to gain. At this point, Lebron winning wont win over many people who are turned off by Lebron for stacking teams, being kind of a dick, etc.

Lebron losing again would just pile on and increase the doubters. Curry losing wont have the same effect i think. OKC took the shine off GSW already, which is probably a good thing for them, so it's not like they went 12-0 and then got beat up.

Goldrush25
06-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Curry is establishing his legacy so he has more to gain. At this point, Lebron winning wont win over many people who are turned off by Lebron for stacking teams, being kind of a dick, etc.

Lebron losing again would just pile on and increase the doubters. Curry losing wont have the same effect i think. OKC took the shine off GSW already, which is probably a good thing for them, so it's not like they went 12-0 and then got beat up.

Those people you're talking about don't really matter because they have their mind made up and won't change it no matter what. They're just the same as the Lebron fans that think he can do no wrong. Both are two sides of the same coin.

robert de niro
06-01-2016, 01:30 PM
bran has both more to gain and lose, if he beats the regular season record team as the underdog people will call him a living legend, but if he loses after colluding yet again, people will forever call him a living clown with no credibility

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Steph has more to lose. We already know lebron is a colluding choker, so Curry needs 2/2 to be on pace to catch MJ.

What's Bron gonna say when he gets owned?

"Well tomorrow people are going to wake up knowing the same thing they knew about me yesterday"... :roll:

Every time this guy gets his ass handed to him in the finals he melts down.

Did no one tell this guy that his mother is fvcking Da Real Lambo? :wtf:

Dictator
06-01-2016, 01:50 PM
Bron has more to gain and lose.

Win while bringing Cleveland the chip by beating a 73-9 team would put him on God status. Lose and he'll be clowned till he retires especially with how great his teammate have been playing.

Bless Mathews
06-01-2016, 02:05 PM
neither is "both".

and wtf is he going on about with this:
:wtf: what a stupid peice of shit post.

RAy Allen won him one

D wade helped the other.

pauk
06-01-2016, 02:23 PM
Stop it, if Curry (which many say is "the best player") loses with this historic team... with HCA... against Lebron (which many say is "3rd-4th best player") and that team....

It would be horribly embarrassing...

Gevz2kX
06-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Bron wins- he beats "best record team" ever.

Brings first title to his state he grew up in.

Steph wins- finishes "all time" season with a rang.

Back to back ... And counting

Steph looses- "all time " season all for not

Looses to Bron

"Best player on planet" to whoever wins no doubt.

I think The pressure is on boaf.

Tough to tell who has more. I think Bron would gain a little bit more.

Too bad Steph gonna slay him doe.

Let's go!

Has the meaning of the word "loose" changed or did you just skip first grade?

Goldrush25
06-01-2016, 04:12 PM
RAy Allen won him one

D wade helped the other.

If GSW wins it will you say that Klay won him this one? If he doesn't go off in game 6 a few days back they're golfing right now.

We know Iggy won last years for him. If Lebron had a teammate ball out with 41 points in an elimination game you'd all be saying he got "bailed out."