PDA

View Full Version : What are the Jordan stans cheering for?

DaHeezy
06-01-2016, 12:25 PM
They seem to be the ones making the most noise on here always trying to take LeBron or Steph down a peg. Who are they cheering for more?

The Warriors so it takes Lebron down another notch?

Or the Cavs so it prevents Steph from ever attaining a perfect finals?

warriorfan
06-01-2016, 12:26 PM
LeBron is a non factor, not even top 10 after 2/6

Jordan fans need Curry to take an L here, he is gaining ground very quickly

Dragonyeuw
06-01-2016, 12:54 PM
Couldn't care less. I was rooting for Durant to break through, and we see how that turned out. My dog isn't in this upcoming battle though....

beastee
06-01-2016, 12:58 PM

On what? 1/1 with 0 FMVPs. Dude needs 3-4 more chips buddy and an actual FMVP before we even notice.

Bawkish
06-01-2016, 01:10 PM
the regular season MVP maybe belong to Steph, but playoff MVP goes to Klay

MP.Trey
06-01-2016, 01:14 PM
Either way someone's moving up that GOAT list and the end of this year. They both might depending on their performances.

choppermagic
06-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Curry is not even close to the top yet. Having one or two breakout years is not enough to offset entire GOAT level careers. People always overreact when players are at their peak, forgetting that the downside of a players career will also be part of his legacy.

Imagine Jordan at his peak year playing today, or Shaq, or Kobe, or Magic at peaks. Would Curry really have an unanimous claim for MVP over them? I highly doubt it.

bdreason
06-01-2016, 01:27 PM
Jordan stans, at least on this forum, HATE Steph Curry.

Indian guy
06-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Oh come on. LeBron is still 10x more threatening to MJ fans than Curry is. This is an easy decision for them.

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Jordan stans, at least on this forum, HATE Steph Curry.

No we don't. We just find it laughable that morons think he's more than he really is. Just like Lebron stans. Buncha 20 year olds that haven't really seen shit yet thinking they know what GOAT level play is.

Goldrush25
06-01-2016, 01:36 PM

Steph is 28 years old with a career PER of 23. MJ is safe from his reach.

SamuraiSWISH
06-01-2016, 01:37 PM
Don't care one way or the other. Just want an entertaining and actually competitive down to the wire series for every game. Wasn't a huge fan of the Thunder either. Warriors already lost more games than the 96 Bulls and have basically proven to be not as good. LeBron's chance to eclipse Jordan as a player or winner sailed a long time ago. So, let's just see good NBA Finals competition.

sportjames23
06-01-2016, 02:00 PM
They seem to be the ones making the most noise on here always trying to take LeBron or Steph down a peg. Who are they cheering for more?

The Warriors so it takes Lebron down another notch?

Or the Cavs so it prevents Steph from ever attaining a perfect finals?

This stupid bitch came out of his hovel to clap at us. :oldlol:

Go back to bed, trick.

sportjames23
06-01-2016, 02:01 PM
No we don't. We just find it laughable that morons think he's more than he really is. Just like Lebron stans. Buncha 20 year olds that haven't really seen shit yet thinking they know what GOAT level play is.

:cheers:

90sgoat
06-01-2016, 02:22 PM
I'm not watching the finals - boycott until they change rules.

If you pushed me I would probably root for Cavs mostly because they have Kevin Love.

Marchesk
06-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Why would Jordan fans care? His finals performances are untouchable.

MJistheGOAT
06-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Lol we re not worried at all for neither of them.
MJ is still untouchable as GOAT for any player on this era.
We only want to see good basketball and that the best win, without injuries or ref rigging.

Personally Im rooting for GSW.

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2016, 03:18 PM
Lol we re not worried at all for neither of them.
MJ is still untouchable as GOAT for any player on this era.
We only want to see good basketball and that the best win, without injuries or ref rigging.

Personally Im rooting for GSW.

Would certainly be nice.....

fragokota
06-01-2016, 03:43 PM
None of these two is touching MJ, get real.

Knoe Itawl
06-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Oh come on. LeBron is still 10x more threatening to MJ fans than Curry is. This is an easy decision for them.

I'm a huge Jordan fan, and that's not true for me. I'd love to see Lebron beat the odds and win over this Warriors team. It still wouldn't put him in Jordan's league, but it would be a hell of an accomplishment. Other than that, I like Curry too, so him continuing to build his legacy by getting another chip and FMVP would be cool too.

There are no immediate threats to Jordan's legacy. It's just too difficult. Now, I'm one of those people who would love to see another Jordan come along. It's just irritating when someone tries to put someone there without earning it.

bond10
06-01-2016, 04:27 PM
Hard to root for either when idiot Bron-stans and Curry-stans overrated the shit out of them and make comparisons to the GOAT after 1-2 amazing seasons (esp when the entire league is weak as ****, we already knew GSW/CAVs finals before the season even started...).

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Hard to root for either when idiot Bron-stans and Curry-stans overrated the shit out of them and make comparisons to the GOAT after 1-2 amazing seasons (esp when the entire league is weak as ****, we already knew GSW/CAVs finals before the season even started...).

What do you expect from 20 year olds that never watched MJ live?

Maybe if they make 10 posts a day on 10 different accounts about Curry or Bron being comparable to the GOAT they will convince themselves that they are at GOAT level.

:roll:

Spurs m8
06-01-2016, 05:55 PM
They don't care, no one is near 6/6 or has the skill level.

ClipperRevival
06-01-2016, 06:04 PM
As most other MJ fans have said, I could care less. You fans of other greats need to worry because you're constantly trying to move up the GOAT list. MJ is already at the top. When I see someone good enough to possibly challenge MJ as the GOAT, I'll recognize it as will other MJ fans. MJ fans aren't arrogant, we just realize what we saw. He's not the near consensus GOAT by accident.

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 07:28 PM

LMAO he is gaining ground quickly? Man this kid is delusional. You need to get laid boy, or laid out.

Showtime2001
06-01-2016, 07:33 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown:
:cheers: :cheers:

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 07:34 PM
I like LeBron, and Curry was definitely the best player of the league this season. But neither one of them can carry a team like MJ. Bron's jumper isn't consistent, and Curry fades if that 3ball isn't going in! Those are facts!

Asukal
06-01-2016, 07:39 PM
I'll root for Curry, he's a likeable guy and plays the right way and does amazing things. Meanwhile, Leflop is flopping, colluding, non existent in crunch time, says stupid things, makes excuses, etc.. I can never respect a guy like that. :oldlol:

Hey Yo
06-01-2016, 07:43 PM
What do you expect from 20 year olds that never watched MJ live?

Maybe if they make 10 posts a day on 10 different accounts about Curry or Bron being comparable to the GOAT they will convince themselves that they are at GOAT level.

:roll:
Says Straight __ Altin' who's already been busted with 2 other accounts.....and counting.

:oldlol:

Da_Realist
06-01-2016, 08:13 PM
I'm hoping for something I doubt I'll see: a highly competitive, high IQ chess match between two deserving champions led by leaders (Curry, Lebron) that respect each other but also want to show the other who the MVP of the league really is. I want to see the outcome determined by a guy that refuses to lose and plays his best when his team needs it the most.

But I doubt it. I think GS will put their foot on Cleveland's neck. I hope I'm wrong, though. Last time I was totally surprised was 2004 when Detroit manhandled LA. I was slightly less surprised in 2008 when Boston won. Maybe this year will surprise me.

diamenz
06-01-2016, 08:20 PM

um, no. lebron had his chance. colluding, flopping, being outplayed by role players and just straight up losing ended that awhile ago.

hateraid
06-01-2016, 10:06 PM
This is how you know this series is in their heads. The stan ones come in the thread defending themselves by saying they ain't threatened. Lol. Obvious is obvious

nba_55
06-01-2016, 10:27 PM
um, no. lebron had his chance. colluding, flopping, being outplayed by role players and just straight up losing ended that awhile ago.

this confirms it. You guys are more scared of Lebron :lol

FKAri
06-01-2016, 10:38 PM

"threatening"

MJ sweatin bullets :lol

NuggetsFan
06-01-2016, 11:06 PM
They should want Curry to win. He got his start way too late to achieve GOAT status + the defensive side of the ball. Already 28. IMO he deserved the FMVP but lost out on that too. If LeBron wings another ring? Things could become interesting again. Doubt that happens tho, GS the better team.

LeBron ruined his chance at GOAT most likely against the Mavericks. '07 people understand the Cavs had no business winning. Cleveland was so injured last year nobody's going to blame LeBron. On ISH sure, but ISH doesn't decide anything. People won't punish him for going to Miami or coming back to Cleveland in 15 years.

LeBron had a legitimate shot and lost it. Curry won't dethrone Jordan, best case he matches him offensively but comes up short defensively. LeBron while unlikely still has age on his side. He's been a freak his entire career, if he keeps it up and sticks around another 7-8 years making finals, winning chips, grabs another MVP, has a few more great seasons? Mainstream media could give it to him. He's got the brand. I don't know about the rings, MVP's etc. but I still have a feeling we see a Magicesque season from LeBron. Like 15/11/9 or something like that when he's older.

All pretty meaningless. Jordan's will be near the top, LeBron will be near the top, Curry's already the GOAT shooter and has one of the best peaks. Giving his game I could see him climbing into the top 20 eventually cause he should age well, well if his body holds up.

Ca$H
06-01-2016, 11:20 PM
On what? 1/1 with 0 FMVPs. Dude needs 3-4 more chips buddy and an actual FMVP before we even notice.

He has 2 things that Jordan doesn't have- 73 wins and a UMVP.

DonDadda59
06-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Couldn't care less.

This. Couldn't give a shit either way.

Bron stans better pray hard that the Cavs win. 1) Bron might be making another 'decision' if they get blown out '14 style 2) Many basketball Historians will use Steph's 2-0 record in the finals against Bron as proof of him being the superior player.

If Bron wins, then he's still under .500 in the finals and is chasing Magic's 5/9 and Bean's 5/7 records.

Either way... Meh.

beastee
06-02-2016, 12:38 AM
All pretty meaningless. Jordan's will be near the top, LeBron will be near the top, Curry's already the GOAT shooter and has one of the best peaks. Giving his game I could see him climbing into the top 20 eventually cause he should age well, well if his body holds up.

Good analysis. I am an MJ stan who accepts Curry is the GOAT shooter and that Lebron is a top 8 player. I think Curry has a chance for top 10-15 if he can win another chip or two, but he has peak time against his side.

That being said, I can't wait to watch these finals and hope it goes 7 games for sheer drama. I think Curry comes out on top, but would not at all be upset if Lebron finally overcomes all the demons and puts together an all time great performance...And wins.

sportjames23
06-02-2016, 12:54 AM
He has 2 things that Jordan doesn't have- 73 wins and a UMVP.

Son, please.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/6/005/09b/04b/358a0d2.jpg

FKAri
06-02-2016, 12:57 AM
This. Couldn't give a shit either way.

Bron stans better pray hard that the Cavs win. 1) Bron might be making another 'decision' if they get blown out '14 style 2) Many basketball Historians will use Steph's 2-0 record in the finals against Bron as proof of him being the superior player.

If Bron wins, then he's still under .500 in the finals and is chasing Magic's 5/9 and Bean's 5/7 records.

Either way... Meh.
That's not how it works :lol

Poetry
06-02-2016, 02:15 AM
Son, please.

https://media.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/p/6/005/09b/04b/358a0d2.jpg

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/iguodala-sleep.jpg

Young X
06-02-2016, 03:11 PM
Best possible scenario here is Warriors lose but Irving outplays James and wins FMVP.

BigBoss
06-02-2016, 03:58 PM
Steph Curry is Jordan's grandson. Kobe being the father. It's a spiritual line of greatness.

Goldrush25
06-02-2016, 04:10 PM
I'm hoping for something I doubt I'll see: a highly competitive, high IQ chess match between two deserving champions led by leaders (Curry, Lebron) that respect each other but also want to show the other who the MVP of the league really is. I want to see the outcome determined by a guy that refuses to lose and plays his best when his team needs it the most.

But I doubt it. I think GS will put their foot on Cleveland's neck. I hope I'm wrong, though. Last time I was totally surprised was 2004 when Detroit manhandled LA. I was slightly less surprised in 2008 when Boston won. Maybe this year will surprise me.

Same.

I hope Lebron and company actually back up what they said about wanting to face GSW. You can't come out and say that then get smashed.

Indian guy
06-02-2016, 04:12 PM
"threatening"

MJ sweatin bullets :lol

MJ fans, dumbass. Learn to read. And yes, LeBron is absolutely more threatening to MJ fans than Curry currently is. Doesn't mean LeBron's better or an equal or whatever-the-**** if he wins, it's more so a reflection of how MJ fans simply perceive things. A lot of them are playing the "don't care" card right now, but I don't buy that for a second. Wait until the games start. They'll be pro W's all the way in game threads.

Goldrush25
06-02-2016, 04:14 PM
Many basketball Historians will use Steph's 2-0 record in the finals against Bron as proof of him being the superior player.

Steph has a career PER of 23 right now, and he's 28 years old. It's safe to say that no one will ever say that Curry was a better player overall when both are done playing, at least if they're basing it on facts.

Dragonyeuw
06-02-2016, 04:30 PM
MJ fans, dumbass. Learn to read. And yes, LeBron is absolutely more threatening to MJ fans than Curry currently is. Doesn't mean LeBron's better or an equal or whatever-the-**** if he wins, it's more so a reflection of how MJ fans simply perceive things. A lot of them are playing the "don't care" card right now, but I don't buy that for a second. Wait until the games start. They'll be pro W's all the way in game threads.

I'm rooting for Lebron to win, but I won't lose any sleep one way or another. None of this stuff impacts my life, so why would I lie when I say it really matters not? All this stuff about 'threats' is hilarious. But fwiw, regardless of who wins they have a long way to go to touch MJs finals legacy. Lebron has too many losses in the finals to ever approach it. So yeah, threatened by what exactly?

Indian guy
06-02-2016, 04:46 PM
So yeah, threatened by what exactly?

MJ stans in here and across the internet have spent countless hours over the years to downplay LeBron's accomplishments and sh!t on the current league. You can at least admit they do that, right? So clearly, they are threatened by something. I think for a lot of 'em, their fanaticism and nostalgia runs so deep, they can't stand to see 1) anyone compared to their childhood idol 2) a 'new' superstar get his due. Like it diminishes what MJ accomplished during his time or something. It's so childish.

I'm with you, in reality, MJ fans shouldn't be threatened by anyone. I've seen(and re-seen) more of MJ and read more about the guy than probably anyone in here. LeBron's great, but MJ he's not. And that's fine. But it's such a f'king shame that his fans seem so incapable of liking MJ while celebrating anything post-1998 at the same time. The far, far majority of them seem to have only 1 shtick on this board - sh!t on anything current. And I find that to be such a sad, pathetic existence. It's borne completely out of insecurity.

grantz
06-02-2016, 04:56 PM
Don't know why Jordan stans should feel threatened. I hate the idea that the best player was some guy on the court 20 years ago. He's a legend pure and simple.

Need to put that aside and just enjoy whether LeBron will solidify himself as this generations player, or watch Curry take the NBA away from him. The emphasis should be about this year, and this finals.

MJ had his time.

poido123
06-02-2016, 05:07 PM
I'm more than happy to watch Curry reach greatness and surpass Jordan's achievements.

I just don't want to see that phony, team stacking Lebron do well.

You shouldn't be rewarded for taking shortcuts.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-02-2016, 05:22 PM
I don't consider myself a "stan", but I'm rolling with Curry. Never cheered for LeBron and don't see the reason to now. :confusedshrug:

Steph has a career PER of 23 right now, and he's 28 years old. It's safe to say that no one will ever say that Curry was a better player overall when both are done playing, at least if they're basing it on facts.

Kobe has a higher PER than both Magic and Bird.

Nobody that knows anything about basketball would rank him over those guys...just based off PER.

Dragonyeuw
06-02-2016, 05:34 PM
MJ stans in here and across the internet have spent countless hours over the years to downplay LeBron's accomplishments and sh!t on the current league. You can at least admit they do that, right? So clearly, they are threatened by something. I think for a lot of 'em, their fanaticism and nostalgia runs so deep, they can't stand to see anyone compared to their childhood idol. Like it diminishes what MJ accomplished during his time or something. It's so childish.

Sure, there's nuts in all the rabid fanbases( MJ, Kobe, Lebron, Curry etc). And in most of those cases, to me it just comes off as trolling. I can spot the fans who prefer certain players but can still have objective discussion, and the loons who suck off their favorite player while sticking their fingers in their ears or just blatantly hate/troll; it's a very clear and distinct line. The latter I don't even waste time engaging with, because they clearly aren't interested in real b-ball discussion.

As far as this series goes, Lebron is playing as well as I've seen him play in a while. No, the stats aren't 2010/2012/2013 level, but the poise and all-around excellence is there. His explosion is the best I've seen since returning to Cleveland. I'm not concerned about how he'll show in the finals. This series, if GSW wins, will likely come down moreso to the likes of Kevin Love getting punked by Draymond Green ( which I expect) or Curry outplaying Irving and no answer for Klay. I anticipate Lebron having a great series, whether that will be enough we'll find out in due course.

Collie
06-03-2016, 12:35 AM
G1 was best case scenario for MJ stans:

Curry plays badly, Cleveland loses.