PDA

View Full Version : Jemele Hill: Never Seen Open Disrespect Other Players Show To Curry

Vragrant
06-01-2016, 05:05 PM
She has some good points.

[QUOTE]
Some of those layers, Hill pointed out, are the older generation of players like Charles Barkley and Oscar Robertson, who aren

TommyGriffin
06-01-2016, 05:09 PM
It's to be expected.

All these dark-skinned players see this light-skinned, uber-talented, humble yet confident player with a huge package...what else could be expected but crazy amounts of jealousy?

ArbitraryWater
06-01-2016, 05:11 PM
People are going in on him and his team got sent home in the first round the year he won the MVP

I thought they didn't go in on Dirk? Pick a choice, ****

and what Lillard tweet? :confusedshrug:

Hey Yo
06-01-2016, 05:13 PM
Who cares what that racist pig has to say.

warriorfan
06-01-2016, 05:17 PM
jemele is ethering

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 05:22 PM
I hate to admit, but she might have a point. I don't know what it is about light skinned people, but to most dark skinned folks, they are considered inferior. Its just the way blk culture views their own. The darker you are, the deeper the roots.

kamil
06-01-2016, 05:36 PM
As a big Jordan 'stan', I'm loving what I'm seeing from Curry. The 73-9 run was a lot of fun to watch. Bulls 95-96 record season being broken doesnt bother me much; it was bound to be broken and I'm happy I got to witness it. The unanimous MVP vote was great and the season he had was unreal, something none of us has seen since the Jordan days of the 80s and 90s.

Watching Curry's level of skill is great, it's so much fun watching the little guy put on a show and embarrass his opponents. It only sucks if you're a LeBron* fan because you just know he's gonna go 2/7 thanks to Curry and company dismantling him again.

Dray n Klay
06-01-2016, 05:42 PM
As a big Jordan 'stan', I'm loving what I'm seeing from Curry. The 73-9 run was a lot of fun to watch. Bulls 95-96 record season being broken doesnt bother me much; it was bound to be broken and I'm happy I got to witness it. The unanimous MVP vote was great and the season he had was unreal, something none of us has seen since the Jordan days of the 80s and 90s.

Watching Curry's level of skill is great, it's so much fun watching the little guy put on a show and embarrass his opponents. It only sucks if you're a LeBron* fan because you just know he's gonna go 2/7 thanks to Curry and company dismantling him again.

Cool story bud, tell us more and maybe i'll buy you some rogaine.

FKAri
06-01-2016, 05:42 PM
Curry's the most disrespected superstar in the NBA. It's because he's the poster boy of the modern NBA and a lot of old heads don't like the modern game. Their loss.

NBAGOAT
06-01-2016, 05:53 PM
good point. Older legends have had criticisms about not liking the style of play or thinking the game is soft. Some will even say this current great player isn't as good as this guy from the past but it's usually a reasonable opinion. Don't think I remember a great player just get hated on by legends however. What Oscar said about coaches being dumb was ridiculous. Still nice to see other guys say good things however. http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25510507/dennis-scott-on-curry-criticism-we-shooters-are-not-mad-at-him

kamil
06-01-2016, 05:53 PM

Shouldn't you be buying Rogaine for your idol?

KingPush
06-01-2016, 05:54 PM
Is Russell not considered light skin?

Hey Yo
06-01-2016, 06:03 PM
Curry's the most disrespected superstar in the NBA. It's because he's the poster boy of the modern NBA and a lot of old heads don't like the modern game. Their loss.
No, no, no, no..........it's because Jameel says "he's a light skinned black." It has nothing to do with his skills.....:rolleyes:

She's made a living for bringing race into sports and being a racist.

Pathetic that ESPN employs her, but they got to fill the quota.

STATUTORY
06-01-2016, 06:10 PM
the only reason people don't like Curry is because of jealousy. Guy is literally the total package, pretty boy looks that make girls swoon and ball skills that make grown man groan.

NBA is typically comprised of overgrown pituatory cases that people find intimidating and no wonder they jealous of Steph

tontoz
06-01-2016, 06:11 PM
I like curry but the reality is that respect is is not something that is just given. There was a lot of resistance to Jordan in his early years. People criticizing his style of play, saying he was all about his points at the expense of the team. Every great player that comes along will get plenty of criticism, it is just magnified now with social media.

stalkerforlife
06-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Curry got them boys feeling some type of way.

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 06:22 PM
LOL

BedroomBully
06-01-2016, 06:23 PM
Curry got them boys feeling some type of way.
STFU. You have no saying in this matter. Youre white! Now go jerk off to your Kobe poster posay boy.

Goldrush25
06-01-2016, 06:28 PM
Jemele Hill is making a story out of nothing.

Lebron didn't make an argument that millions of fans haven't made before. There's a difference between best and most valuable. No one gives a damn about Steph's skin color.

CAstill
06-01-2016, 06:31 PM
I love Curry but this is bullshit. The older players don't feel that way because of his skin color lol. It's because of his light frame and fragile playing style. Oscar and Chuck feel that they in their prime could personally go out on the court and D him up. That's it. Lebron did face the same criticism when it came to shooting. If you can't slash and shoot at the same time you're going to get criticized if people are praising you to be a top 10 player. Kobe and Wade didn't get this criticism for a reason.

FireDavidKahn
06-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Oh look, another black person trying to claim racism

bdreason
06-01-2016, 07:34 PM
Jealousy is an ugly trait. Stop holding envy in your heart.

34-24 Footwork
06-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Lol. I remember myself not being a believer in Curry a few years ago. Dude has SWIFTLY humbled me.

And I haven't seen anyone that can D him up without fouling him.

Straight_Ballin
06-01-2016, 07:39 PM
How great is it that this disrespected player is going to be the primary reason why Lebron goes 2/7?!

What a time!!

G-train
06-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Who is Jemele and why should I care what she thinks.

So he get a little criticism, that's life.

G-train
06-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Is Russell not considered light skin?

And Barkley.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Jemele apparently should go back and look at Dirk's history in the league. He is/was one of the most disrespected superstars ever. In fact, Jabbar is still doing it today.

Curry hasn't seen the levels of disrespect that Dirk received throughout his career.

Sarcastic
06-01-2016, 07:45 PM
She hasn't seen shit then because Jordan got frozen out of the All Star Game. That's much more disrespectful than a subtle tweet, which is actually the truth.

34-24 Footwork
06-01-2016, 07:49 PM
The irony of sports media disrespecting Curry and the Warriors team is through the roof.

The NBA would be hella boring right now if not for Curry, to be honest. Imagine the league right now without Curry.

You'd have Lebron/Harden/Durant/Westbrook

Three of the guys on that list FLOP more than anyone I've seen in NBA history....this includes Divac.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-01-2016, 07:49 PM
I've never seen someone that actually is an effective defender...get the Steve 'zero defense' Nash label.

Its actually f*cking bizarre. Other than that, tho, I don't think said HATE is a "race" thing.

tpols
06-01-2016, 07:54 PM
She hasn't seen shit then because Jordan got frozen out of the All Star Game. That's much more disrespectful than a subtle tweet, which is actually the truth.

didnt jordan refuse to play on the Dream Team if Isaih Thomas was on it?

he was so shook of the little guy. :lol

34-24 Footwork
06-01-2016, 07:56 PM
I've never seen someone that actually is an effective defender...get the Steve 'zero defense' Nash label.

Its actually f*cking bizarre. Other than that, tho, I don't think said HATE is a "race" thing.

Not necessarily a race thing. But at least he's not bitching about it like Jeremy Lin did.

But as a young black male myself, especially being from where I am, light skin dudes get ragged on because they are usually known for having a much softer game.

Curry is the like the Drake of NBA to some degree....

Hey Yo
06-01-2016, 08:04 PM
The irony of sports media disrespecting Curry and the Warriors team is through the roof.

The NBA would be hella boring right now if not for Curry, to be honest. Imagine the league right now without Curry.

You'd have Lebron/Harden/Durant/Westbrook

Three of the guys on that list FLOP more than anyone I've seen in NBA history....this includes Divac.
That's because you see what you ant to see. All players exaggerate contact trying to get a call.

Meticode
06-01-2016, 08:09 PM
I think the LeBron thing commenting about being valuable is being blown out of proportion. I think he only said that because two regular seasons ago the Cavs were a 33 win team not even sniffing the playoffs. He came back, he basically coached the team for one and a half seasons and made the Finals and put that team on his back for 2 wins. Which is 2 more than anyone predicted for the most part. He had a good point. When people look at MVP they usually look at the best player in the league at that time or the player that means the most to his team. LeBron has an argument about that.

Akhenaten
06-01-2016, 08:12 PM

No one ever questioned Jordan's greatness though, at least not nearly in the manner and level of derision they do with Curry. People hated Jordan but they never denied his greatness, Steph on the other is looked at as some sort of flukey, gimmicky type a player who is fortunate to be on a loaded team.

It's a completely different level of disrespect show to dude, I hope keeps winning a burns them haters' souls.

Goofsta Knicca
06-01-2016, 08:18 PM
Lightskinz gettin dissed again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COc5KZWJNz0&feature=youtu.be&t=19m53s

Boogaboog
06-01-2016, 08:22 PM
This is a ludicrous article. Nobody has been as thoroughly disrespected contrary to their achievements more than LeBron. I mean jesus, we see "Choker!" "Flopper!" "2/7" on an hourly basis around here. And let's not forget the hairline jokes. :oldlol: Curry gets his own ribbings here and there, but he's overall probably the most universally liked NBA player since Jordan.

Derka
06-01-2016, 08:22 PM
They look can openly disrespect doze nuts. What does he give a shit what Barkley or Lebron thinks? Kids getting his and then some.

Meticode
06-01-2016, 08:32 PM
Lightskinz gettin dissed again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COc5KZWJNz0&feature=youtu.be&t=19m53s
I completely forgot about these lip syncs. The ones with Mike Woodson coaching the Knicks during shootarounds is hilarious.

NBAGOAT
06-01-2016, 09:04 PM
This is a ludicrous article. Nobody has been as thoroughly disrespected contrary to their achievements more than LeBron. I mean jesus, we see "Choker!" "Flopper!" "2/7" on an hourly basis around here. And let's not forget the hairline jokes. :oldlol: Curry gets his own ribbings here and there, but he's overall probably the most universally liked NBA player since Jordan.

Lebron gets disrespected here but the opinions on here really don't matter. Media is pretty good to him and past greats have nothing but good things to say besides a MJ>lebron once in awhile.

beastee
06-01-2016, 09:05 PM
Jealousy. Chuck never won a thing. Fuming.

TylerOO
06-01-2016, 09:27 PM
Shes reaching hard. What to expect from a woman.

Curry doesn't even get 1/20 the hate real men like Kobe and LeBron got/get.

DonDadda59
06-01-2016, 09:53 PM
It's because he's the poster boy of the modern NBA and a lot of old heads don't like the modern game.

This is true. I think players instinctively are more likely to favor guys whose games remind them of their own. Big O always disliked Jordan and HATES Curry but he has only had nice things to say about LeBron. Makes sense seeing as how both Big O and Bron had similar styles of play- all around, nightly triple double threat guys who weren't shoot first types. You never heard Kareem or Russell talk shit about Duncan because he had an old school big man game. Same with Bean- he had plenty of hate from certain segments of fans but old school players generally only heaped praise on him and his game.

Reggie loves Steph, even when he breaks his records. Both guys are (light-skinned) shooters, so it's easier for Reggie to appreciate the modern game since it favors how he used to play.

hold this L
06-01-2016, 10:03 PM
When you're the best you will always be disrespected by someone. Happened to Jordan, happened to Kobe, happened to Lebron, it's happening to Curry. Curry doesn't really need to listen to other superstar player in the league though since he's been systematically destroying and humiliating the best players in the world on a regular basis this year. The cherry on top would be for him to do something else to Lebron in the finals to somehow top the season.

game3524
06-01-2016, 10:41 PM
I love Curry but this is bullshit. The older players don't feel that way because of his skin color lol. It's because of his light frame and fragile playing style. Oscar and Chuck feel that they in their prime could personally go out on the court and D him up. That's it. Lebron did face the same criticism when it came to shooting. If you can't slash and shoot at the same time you're going to get criticized if people are praising you to be a top 10 player. Kobe and Wade didn't get this criticism for a reason.

This.

If Curry had the same physique and playing style as Russ, while still being light-skinned, no one would say anything.

coin24
06-01-2016, 10:56 PM
They're just jealous Steph is cute as fu*k and is taking a shit all over the league dominating :rockon:
Hot wife
Best shooter ever
Hot mom
Good family
Well spoken and very handsome

Soon to be 2X nba champion without colluding or making a fool of himself Like bran..
Illiterate
Small weiner
Insecure
Fat wife
gloria gargoyle
Lambo for a dad

Steph is the hero the nba needs, not the ped cheat espn tried to convince people is great

nineiron
06-01-2016, 11:19 PM
They're just jealous Steph is cute as fu*k and is taking a shit all over the league dominating :rockon:
Hot wife
Best shooter ever
Hot mom
Good family

Soon to be 2X nba champion without colluding or making a fool of himself Like bran..
Illiterate
Small weiner
Insecure
Fat wife
gloria gargoyle
Lambo for a dad

Steph is the hero the nba needs, not the ped cheat espn tried to convince people is great

this

Goofsta Knicca
06-01-2016, 11:42 PM
I completely forgot about these lip syncs. The ones with Mike Woodson coaching the Knicks during shootarounds is hilarious.

Woodson wuz da best!

"This iz called DE-fense.. ya big dummy!" :lol

LebronsHairline
06-01-2016, 11:48 PM
Hot wife
Best shooter ever
Hot mom
Good family

Illiterate
Small weiner
Insecure
Fat wife
gloria gargoyle
Lambo for a dad

truth.
Lebron also got that HGH on standby.

clipps
06-01-2016, 11:50 PM
What the hell has this bitch been smoking? Sure, there are a few jealous ex NBA players, but Curry has to be one of the most loved superstars that's ever played the game. Only reason why I don't like him is because he plays for the Warriors and **** that team.

LAZERUSS
06-01-2016, 11:55 PM
He is considered a wimp.

Hell, the man falls down and bruises his knee, and then RUNS off the court. Goes on to miss 2+ weeks, with an injury that most players would have shook off, and played on with.

Solid Snake
06-02-2016, 12:29 AM
I'm black.

And the reason I absolutely loathe and despise him, is rather superficial, and has nothing to do with his yellow colored ass.

For me, it's simply the way he walks, talks, his facial expression, and the way he chews on his mouth guard. More or less those four reasons, and those four reasons only, with varying degrees of dislike for each category.

Basically, I just hate this "cool guy swagger he has." Don't lie, he clearly walks like the cool, hip black guy you know (if that black guy is still "young" and hasn't learned to walk normal like a grown ass man).

He walks with a pimp limp. That shoulder roll. Also, if you go to the gym, that walk that every meathead douche bag in there walks with.

Then, his mouthguard. Keep that shit in your mouth you baby faced little bitch. Very immature of me to say, but I'm expressing exactly why I personally don't like him.

The way he talks. I don't like that "ghetto twang" he has. I don't like that in any black person actually, but with him, it's even more deceiving. Upon first glance, if you never heard of him, you'd expect him to have a certain mental acuity, sharpness, and ENUNCIATION.

But here comes this high yellow mother****a talking like he in the hood. Instead of a Derek Fisher, Reggie Miller Style of speech, this dude is 100% hood. And I don't like that. Speak intelligently. Enounciate properly. Don't do that thing with your words where they sound like they "roll" into each other, borderline slurring.

Speak, look, and act like you have some intelligence. Everything about him just screams "I'm trying to look cool as hell."

Easy for me to say, as he absolutely tears it up on the court.

konex
06-02-2016, 12:40 AM
Respect is earned not given. Media and fans can say Steph's the best but his peers just don't buy it..

sportjames23
06-02-2016, 12:57 AM
didnt jordan refuse to play on the Dream Team if Isaih Thomas was on it?

he was so shook of the little guy. :lol

Didn't Kobe refuse to play with Shaq after they lost to the Pistons?

sportjames23
06-02-2016, 12:59 AM

I troll Lebron (mostly due to his stans), but this is the absolute truth here. Lebron catches it more than any star today.

FKAri
06-02-2016, 01:03 AM
There's a difference between hating and disrespecting. Lebron's hated. Curry's disrespected. Lebron and even Kobe didn't have retired players coming out of the woodwork to shit on them. Curry's playstyle is so different from what they're used to, that they can't relate to it and feel his shine is undeserved.

STATUTORY
06-02-2016, 01:09 AM
I'm black.

And the reason I absolutely loathe and despise him, is rather superficial, and has nothing to do with his yellow colored ass.

For me, it's simply the way he walks, talks, his facial expression, and the way he chews on his mouth guard. More or less those four reasons, and those four reasons only, with varying degrees of dislike for each category.

Basically, I just hate this "cool guy swagger he has." Don't lie, he clearly walks like the cool, hip black guy you know (if that black guy is still "young" and hasn't learned to walk normal like a grown ass man).

He walks with a pimp limp. That shoulder roll. Also, if you go to the gym, that walk that every meathead douche bag in there walks with.

Then, his mouthguard. Keep that shit in your mouth you baby faced little bitch. Very immature of me to say, but I'm expressing exactly why I personally don't like him.

The way he talks. I don't like that "ghetto twang" he has. I don't like that in any black person actually, but with him, it's even more deceiving. Upon first glance, if you never heard of him, you'd expect him to have a certain mental acuity, sharpness, and ENUNCIATION.

But here comes this high yellow mother****a talking like he in the hood. Instead of a Derek Fisher, Reggie Miller Style of speech, this dude is 100% hood. And I don't like that. Speak intelligently. Enounciate properly. Don't do that thing with your words where they sound like they "roll" into each other, borderline slurring.

Speak, look, and act like you have some intelligence. Everything about him just screams "I'm trying to look cool as hell."

:roll: :roll: :facepalm

NBAGOAT
06-02-2016, 01:27 AM
I troll Lebron (mostly due to his stans), but this is the absolute truth here. Lebron catches it more than any star today.

let's be fair it's like 3 guys however who are up 24 hours a day :oldlol:. There are plenty of others where you can tell they aren't trolling at all.

LA_Showtime
06-02-2016, 02:14 AM
Respect is earned. Curry will win over players eventually, and there has already been a shift with guys like Barkley.

plowking
06-02-2016, 02:40 AM
Respect is earned. Curry will win over players eventually, and there has already been a shift with guys like Barkley.

Has he not done enough already to "earn" respect?

2 MVP's, great stats, best team ever, and more than likely 2 championships in 2 weeks time.

Just to add to the thread, his demeanour and general appearance is another contributing factor to the hate. People continually question his toughness despite him proving them wrong. Like Kerr said, it is due to him looking like a 12 year old.

Dray n Klay
06-02-2016, 02:47 AM
Has he not done enough already to "earn" respect?

2 MVP's, great stats, best team ever, and more than likely 2 championships in 2 weeks time.

We've only seen Curry excel under a specific system playing with a specific group of teammates.

How would Curry do if he had to play on the 2007 Cavs or the 2009 Heat instead? We don't know.

Only after running a specific system, and the emergence of players like Draymond, Green, Barnes is Curry playing the way he is right now.

When you make some adjustments Curry's play falls significantly like last years Finals and this years WCF.

There's a huge discrepancy in Curry's play when the system changes or when he isn't getting the support from his teammates.

So people don't respect him as there are doubts whether he is good or whether he is a product of the Warriors.

oarabbus
06-02-2016, 02:49 AM
I'm black.

Holy shit we got defcon 5 level jealousy here gentlemen

nineiron
06-02-2016, 01:46 PM
and why is it that everyone has to say that Steph's the best "shooter" in the game?

he's the best player, period.

no one examined Vince Carter's defensive abilities when he was killing it. why do they do it with Steph?

i personally believe he gets hate because he can't really dunk. Iverson was smaller than Steph, but he didn't get all this hate - probably because he could dunk.

for some reason, ppl think you have to dunk to be considered a great basketball player (unless you're white). even though dunking is the easiest way to score and requires very little skill.

Steph is the best player because he has the best control of the ball, has the highest basketball IQ (which also shows on the defensive end), has the best floaters (that left handed floater in game 7 over Durant and Ibaka was SICK!) and can shoot the lights out.

no one creates space like he does - that's how he's able to get his shot off.

whereas someone like lebron is just really a shawn kemp with a bit better jump shot. (dime a dozen)

senelcoolidge
06-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Why is everything f##king race with these people. :facepalm

HurricaneKid
06-02-2016, 01:50 PM
and why is it that everyone has to say that Steph's the best "shooter" in the game?

no one examined Vince Carter's defensive abilities when he was killing it. why do they do it with Steph?

i personally believe he gets hate because he can't really dunk. Iverson was smaller than Steph, but he didn't get all this hate - probably because he could dunk.

for some reason, ppl think you have to dunk to be considered a great basketball player (unless you're white). even though dunking is the easiest way to score and requires very little skill.

Steph is the best player because he has the best control of the ball, has the highest basketball IQ (which also shows on the defensive end), has the best floaters (that left handed floater in game 7 over Durant and Ibaka was SICK!) and can shoot the lights out.

whereas someone like lebron is just really a shawn kemp with a bit better jump shot. (dime a dozen)

If Steph can't shoot for a game he is a below avg player. When LeBron can't _________ he can still beat you by __________, _________, __________, and __________. And that's the difference.

And if you think LeBron is a dime a dozen player you are a dolt.

nineiron
06-02-2016, 01:58 PM
If Steph can't shoot for a game he is still an above avg player since he can pass and create his own layups. Since LeBron can't shoot he can still beat you by flopping, colluding, getting calls, and shoving a forearm in your face. And that's the difference.

fixed, and filled in the blanks for ya.

tell me, name 1 area of basketball where lebron is top 5 in the league?

here are the different elements to the game:

- dribbling
- shooting
- passing
- court awareness (ability to read plays about to unfold)
- rebounding
- steals
- shot blocking

Snarky Narc
06-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Why is everything f##king race with these people. :facepalm
What do you mean "these people"? :coleman:

warriorfan
06-02-2016, 02:00 PM
Nineiron :roll:

:applause:

nineiron
06-02-2016, 02:24 PM

- dribbling
- shooting
- passing
- rebounding
- steals
- shot blocking

oh and another thing:

lebron never entered a dunk competition, but if he did, he'd finish last - because he has NO creativity. which means he is not in the top 5 for ANYTHING. but he's the self-proclaimed "king"? LMFAO

CAstill
06-02-2016, 02:28 PM

:biggums:
Don't ever diss Kemp like that again. Lebron might have a better career but Bron would never be able to handle 96 Kemp. 96 Kemp was vastly superior in skill and talent to Lebron and would of destroyed Lebron if Lebron tried to cover him.

Lebron23
06-02-2016, 02:40 PM
oh and another thing:

lebron never entered a dunk competition, but if he did, he'd finish last - because he has NO creativity. which means he is not in the top 5 for ANYTHING. but he's the self-proclaimed "king"? LMFAO

You are the self proclaimed King of Gimmick accounts. Get a Job loser!!!

hold this L
06-02-2016, 03:11 PM
If Steph can't shoot for a game he is a below avg player. When LeBron can't _________ he can still beat you by __________, _________, __________, and __________. And that's the difference.

That's a dumbass statement though. Steph has had games where he can't shoot for game 2.. maybe 3 games in 82 games this season. He struggled early vs OKC due to missing so much time due to several injuries, and looks to be coming back the last three games. If the final goes to 7 games, be honest. How many games do you think Steph won't be able to shoot? 1.. at the absolute max 2.

Steph has the best handles in the NBA, leads in steals, won't be a black hole defensively and will give you assists if he can't get his shot since he's one of the best passers in the game. Look how his assist rate went down this year when he started chucking more, because he doesn't need to pass as many times. That's why in games he sucks shooting, his assist % goes way up.

This reminds me of the whole argument that you have to be amazing in offense and defense. It's about impact both positive and negative in the game. That's how you rate someone, not this arbitrary rules that people jump through hoops to rate someone.

That long post on Curry was amazing. At least he's being honest, but damn is it fcking hilarious! :lol

toneloc103
06-02-2016, 03:31 PM
I hate to admit, but she might have a point. I don't know what it is about light skinned people, but to most dark skinned folks, they are considered inferior. Its just the way blk culture views their own. The darker you are, the deeper the roots.

you must not be blk

NumberSix
06-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Derrick Rose is pretty light.

HurricaneKid
06-02-2016, 03:52 PM
That's a dumbass statement though. Steph has had games where he can't shoot for game 2.. maybe 3 games in 82 games this season. He struggled early vs OKC due to missing so much time due to several injuries, and looks to be coming back the last three games. If the final goes to 7 games, be honest. How many games do you think Steph won't be able to shoot? 1.. at the absolute max 2.

Steph has the best handles in the NBA, leads in steals, won't be a black hole defensively and will give you assists if he can't get his shot since he's one of the best passers in the game. Look how his assist rate went down this year when he started chucking more, because he doesn't need to pass as many times. That's why in games he sucks shooting, his assist % goes way up.

This reminds me of the whole argument that you have to be amazing in offense and defense. It's about impact both positive and negative in the game. That's how you rate someone, not this arbitrary rules that people jump through hoops to rate someone.

That long post on Curry was amazing. At least he's being honest, but damn is it fcking hilarious! :lol

GSW have played 17 postseason games. He has shot .430+ from 3 on 4 occasions. He has shot <.314 4 times. Its the THREAT of Curry that causes all the defensive issues. but the shooting has been touch and go this offseason.

He doesn't have the best handles, or anywhere near that. Its his shooting that forces defenders to get closer to him, and his teammates that force defenders to defend them off ball, not allowing help should he beat them.

I'm not going to be that guy that downplays what Curry does. He is an amazing offensive weapon. But his defense is decidedly overstated as he ALWAYS has help, he ALWAYS gets the lesser offensive weapon, etc.

LeBron unlocks everything the Cavs do. Without him they can't play small. Without him they can't play big. Without him they are horrific defensively. He can capably switch on anyone on GSW. He is just a better rounded player. I don't even think I would call him a better player but ignoring the fact that he does everything for the Cavs seems comically stupid.

PP34Deuce
06-02-2016, 04:07 PM
The color thing has a small amount to it based off marketing. The world is becoming mixed with various races. Drake epitomizes current hip hop because of his black and white background.

Curry is black, but his light skin, and features can help him identify with non black fans. He looks like the kid next door you played with on the court. I understand why they marketed him like they have. He's also a quiet bible thumper which "christian" people love to hear.

The one player they wanted to be the face was actually medium brown skinned Chris Paul--He just couldn't get over that hump. Durant was never a face, he was more a freakshow (Look at his commercials) Lebron was thought of as more of a freak of nature.

The NBA wants Chris Paul, Curry, to be the face of the league.

FKAri
06-02-2016, 04:09 PM

- dribbling
- shooting
- passing
- rebounding
- steals
- shot blocking

aww sheeeeit another Jabbar/stalker alt :lol

Jameerthefear
06-02-2016, 04:09 PM
Jemele Hill should keep her ****ing mouth shut

hold this L
06-02-2016, 04:17 PM
GSW have played 17 postseason games. He has shot .430+ from 3 on 4 occasions. He has shot <.314 4 times. Its the THREAT of Curry that causes all the defensive issues. but the shooting has been touch and go this offseason.

He doesn't have the best handles, or anywhere near that. Its his shooting that forces defenders to get closer to him, and his teammates that force defenders to defend them off ball, not allowing help should he beat them.

I'm not going to be that guy that downplays what Curry does. He is an amazing offensive weapon. But his defense is decidedly overstated as he ALWAYS has help, he ALWAYS gets the lesser offensive weapon, etc.

LeBron unlocks everything the Cavs do. Without him they can't play small. Without him they can't play big. Without him they are horrific defensively. He can capably switch on anyone on GSW. He is just a better rounded player. I don't even think I would call him a better player but ignoring the fact that he does everything for the Cavs seems comically stupid.
He's been injured and getting back from it. He shot awful in that half game vs Houston and then the early games vs OKC until he started to get his rhythm back. Of course his shooting is mediocre at the moment. I've said it that he hasn't been as great as I expect him to be in this PO run. Still top 10 performance wise, but we all know he's better than that.

It doesn't mean much if Lebron unlocks everything the Cavs do when Curry dominates them like he has so many teams. Curry's spacing offensively is a bigger help than anything other offensive players do to help their teammates.

miggyme1
06-02-2016, 04:43 PM
nobody is disrespecting curry or has. jemelle is trying to start a media frenzy.

If anything curry is the most celebrated star we have had prolly ever in the nba. I cant find one person who just hates him or doesn't like him.

We have heard some of the old legends say things that SOUND like digs at steph but they aren't. You gotta remember that the nba legends come from an era that's totally different from today. We live in a world now where we can tell another grown man (in a playful manner) to suck our d%^& and you will get laughs. You think mj,bill,magic,bird,kareem grew up like that???

Go back to the 80's and say that in a playful manner....you might get beat to death. People carried themselves differently and spoke differently back then.....back then criticism was criticism. Now if you call a fat girl FAT.....its called fat shaming?????

Nobody has came out and said steph curry sucks. That's the only way to disrespect him or anyone for that matter. And whoever can fix their mouths to say that is an idiot...back to back mvps and back to back finals(potentially back to back rings)........only a handful of players that's done that and he's going up against a guy who was the last to do it. Let that sink in.

:pimp: :pimp:

Hopper15
06-02-2016, 05:06 PM
Hot wife
Best shooter ever
Hot mom
Good family

Illiterate
Small weiner
Insecure
Fat wife
gloria gargoyle
Lambo for a dad

:roll:

stephanieg
06-02-2016, 05:11 PM
People criticized LeBron for his stupid dance routines and showboating, yet Curry does the same stuff and hardly anyone cares.

game3524
06-02-2016, 05:24 PM

This.

If you want to say Steph is better then Lebron, because his one advantage(shooting) is simply more impactful then what Lebron at this point brings to the table, then I would agree.

But anyone saying he is a better all around player then Lebron is just trolling.

90sgoat
06-02-2016, 05:52 PM
They don't like Curry because he is WHITE (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12193141&postcount=19).

90sgoat
06-02-2016, 05:53 PM
People criticized LeBron for his stupid dance routines and showboating, yet Curry does the same stuff and hardly anyone cares.

Nah, Lebron is much worse and cringe. Every time you listen to Lebron it is cringe. Dawg dawg dawg we got this dawg. You know his teammates are like 'what the fukk you talking bout foo'.

Sarcastic
06-02-2016, 06:07 PM
She's an idiot. She actually said Kobe is better than Jordan. :lol

http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/070326

avonbarksdale
06-02-2016, 06:58 PM
It's to be expected.

All these dark-skinned players see this light-skinned, uber-talented, humble yet confident player with a huge package...what else could be expected but crazy amounts of jealousy?

humble? this dude dances after he hits a 3 up like 40 points... dude is as cocky as they come

LebronsHairline
06-02-2016, 07:03 PM
The color thing has a small amount to it based off marketing. The world is becoming mixed with various races. Drake epitomizes current hip hop because of his black and white background.

Curry is black, but his light skin, and features can help him identify with non black fans. He looks like the kid next door you played with on the court. I understand why they marketed him like they have. He's also a quiet bible thumper which "christian" people love to hear.

The one player they wanted to be the face was actually medium brown skinned Chris Paul--He just couldn't get over that hump. Durant was never a face, he was more a freakshow (Look at his commercials) Lebron was thought of as more of a freak of nature.

The NBA wants Chris Paul, Curry, to be the face of the league.

Curry is of mixed race background

nineiron
06-02-2016, 07:16 PM
aww sheeeeit another Jabbar/stalker alt :lol

i ain't no alt b1tch

nineiron
06-02-2016, 07:28 PM
nobody is disrespecting curry or has. jemelle is trying to start a media frenzy.

If anything curry is the most celebrated star we have had prolly ever in the nba. I cant find one person who just hates him or doesn't like him.

We have heard some of the old legends say things that SOUND like digs at steph but they aren't. You gotta remember that the nba legends come from an era that's totally different from today. We live in a world now where we can tell another grown man (in a playful manner) to suck our d%^& and you will get laughs. You think mj,bill,magic,bird,kareem grew up like that???

Go back to the 80's and say that in a playful manner....you might get beat to death. People carried themselves differently and spoke differently back then.....back then criticism was criticism. Now if you call a fat girl FAT.....its called fat shaming?????

Nobody has came out and said steph curry sucks. That's the only way to disrespect him or anyone for that matter. And whoever can fix their mouths to say that is an idiot...back to back mvps and back to back finals(potentially back to back rings)........only a handful of players that's done that and he's going up against a guy who was the last to do it. Let that sink in.

:pimp: :pimp:

what about lebron and his whole "i question what mvp actually means" sh1t because Steph got it?

every time you hear someone say Steph is the "best shooter", they're pretty much disrespecting him and trying to downplay how good a PLAYER he is by type casting him as this can't-do-anything-but-shoot guy.

by saying this, it leaves room for them to say "Steph is the best shooter, but blah blah is the best player"

seems a lot of ppl can't accept an average sized (by nba standards) kid, be the best baller in the world. least of all other nba players who can't stand losing to a privileged "light skinned", can't dunk, well spoken 'chucker'.

now if Steph was the exact same player but came from the hood, he wouldn't be regarded this way by other players.

miggyme1
06-03-2016, 12:09 PM
what about lebron and his whole "i question what mvp actually means" sh1t because Steph got it?

every time you hear someone say Steph is the "best shooter", they're pretty much disrespecting him and trying to downplay how good a PLAYER he is by type casting him as this can't-do-anything-but-shoot guy.

by saying this, it leaves room for them to say "Steph is the best shooter, but blah blah is the best player"

seems a lot of ppl can't accept an average sized (by nba standards) kid, be the best baller in the world. least of all other nba players who can't stand losing to a privileged "light skinned", can't dunk, well spoken 'chucker'.

now if Steph was the exact same player but came from the hood, he wouldn't be regarded this way by other players.

you getting too caught up in this best player thing...look....everybody isn't gonna think curry is the best player...and that doesn't correlate with disrespect. If I say I love my mom to death but she isn't the best mom is that disrespect??? Im stating my opnion.

FROM 2007-2010 MOST people proclaimed LeBron to be the best player in the nba but you still had A LOT OF PEOPLE THAT BELIEVED KOBE STILL WAS. yOU WOULD HEAR PHRASES LIKE "LEBRON IS THE BEST ALL AROUND PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE" "ID RATHER BUILD A TEAM AROUND LEBRON"

And again you getting too caught up in words man. Ye slebron did in fact say that but it was not directed at steph curry...curry just happened to win th emvp this season. LeBron did not specifically say the mvp means nothing because steph won it.

If I say the mvp is a shitty award that automatically means im disrespecting everyone that's won it? NO.....im disrespecting the people who choose the winners. You gotta expand your mind and think homie

PP34Deuce
06-03-2016, 12:17 PM
Curry is of mixed race background

I guess in a smaller sense. Dell is african american and Sonya is haitian creole where is some white lineage.

Where drake is truly 50-50, I'd say Curry is probably 70-30 (Black-white)

I'd consider Curry african american.