PDA

View Full Version : Kobe fans and MJ fans simply have a higher standard for greatness

toprange
06-02-2016, 10:33 AM
Colluding and weak competition just doesn't cut it in our books. But if we lower our standards for greatness the way the media has done, then we can accept lebron in the top 10 and even top 3 of all time and we can hope that some day the standards will rise again

BigBoss
06-02-2016, 10:36 AM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-559c435a/turbine/sfl-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-lebron-s070715

^ Girls night and more colluding in the off-season.

"I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together. ... At least one, maybe one or two seasons -- me, Melo, D-Wade, CP -- we can get a year in," James told Bleacher Report in February for a feature story on James' and Anthony's relationship that was published Wednesday. "I would actually take a pay cut to do that."

LeBron's 32 come this December. When he goes 2 for 8? 2 for 9? Is that when he leaves Cleveland again?

toprange
06-02-2016, 11:05 AM
^ Girls night and more colluding in the off-season.

"I really hope that, before our career is over, we can all play together. ... At least one, maybe one or two seasons -- me, Melo, D-Wade, CP -- we can get a year in," James told Bleacher Report in February for a feature story on James' and Anthony's relationship that was published Wednesday. "I would actually take a pay cut to do that."

LeBron's 32 come this December. When he goes 2 for 8? 2 for 9? Is that when he leaves Cleveland again?
We have to really really lower our standard to accept that display and then we will see how entertaining that team-up would be. Imagine the ratings! :cheers:

Hammertime
06-02-2016, 11:20 AM
http://www.trbimg.com/img-559c435a/turbine/sfl-miami-heat-dwyane-wade-lebron-s070715

That picture looks like an ad for HGH. Look at all them jawlines.

Lebron23
06-02-2016, 11:24 AM
Lebron is greater than Kobe. Lebron is a 4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP while Kobe is a 1x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.

pauk
06-02-2016, 11:25 AM
Kobe = 1 mvp, 2 fmvp/2 alpha rings, carried to 3 rings, #22 most productive player ever (stats, per, efficiency etc.)

Lebron = 4 mvp, 2 mvp/2 alpha rings, carried to 0 rings, #2 most productive player ever

Jordan = 5 mvp, 6 mvp/6 alpha rings, carried to 0 rings, #1 most productive player ever

There indeed is a high standard of greatness at display here... one of them indeed doesnt belong....

StephHamann
06-02-2016, 11:26 AM
D Wade is so juiced up, his jaw looks like a gigantic cancer tumour.

:biggums:

SouBeachTalents
06-02-2016, 11:27 AM
Kobe stans acting like Kobe is Jordan's equal is laughable, he's MUCH closer to LeBron all time than Jordan

bigkingsfan
06-02-2016, 11:28 AM
50% is true

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-02-2016, 11:29 AM
You could argue LeBron's peak was before "colluding" in Miami, and in 2009, he was better than Kobe ever was. :confusedshrug:

On an all time scale? You simply can't put Kobe in your top 10 without including LeBron.

ShawkFactory
06-02-2016, 11:29 AM
Kobe stans acting like Kobe is Jordan's equal is laughable, he's MUCH closer to LeBron all time than Jordan
The best part is how amazingly true this is.

toprange
06-02-2016, 11:31 AM
Lebron is greater than Kobe. Lebron is a 4x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP while Kobe is a 1x NBA MVP, and 2x Finals MVP.
I have higher standards but if i lower it I perfectly understand what you are saying and I agree. :cheers:

toprange
06-02-2016, 11:32 AM
Kobe = 1 mvp, 2 fmvp/2 alpha rings, carried to 3 rings, #22 most productive player ever (stats, per, efficiency etc.)

Lebron = 4 mvp, 2 mvp/2 alpha rings, carried to 0 rings, #2 most productive player ever

Jordan = 5 mvp, 6 mvp/6 alpha rings, carried to 0 rings, #1 most productive player ever

There indeed is a high standard of greatness at display here... one of them indeed doesnt belong....
I have higher standards but if i lower it I perfectly understand what you are saying and I agree. :cheers:

Snarky Narc
06-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Kobe fans didn't have a high standard for shot selection or field goal percentage.

MEB2kDeez
06-02-2016, 11:35 AM
Kobe fans didn't have a high standard for shot selection or field goal percentage.
:facepalm

pauk
06-02-2016, 11:37 AM

He has only 1 mvp & 2 alpha championship runs.... you lower that and he has nothing.... show some humility man... that "standard" will then be to high only for me or you... :P

Snarky Narc
06-02-2016, 11:39 AM
:facepalm
What are you face palming? It is true. There is no denying it.

NBAGOAT
06-02-2016, 11:44 AM
so OP's basically saying his standards of greatness aren't consistent at all.

toprange
06-02-2016, 11:46 AM
He has only 1 mvp & 2 alpha championship runs.... you lower that and he has nothing.... show some humility man... that "standard" will then be to high only for me or you... :P
I lowered my standards. I ignored the fact that kobe won 5 championship titles fighting through the TOUGH western conference averaging 27ppg with a maximum of 1 superstar. And I saw that he only had 1 MVP, so I agree with you that lebron is greater under those standards

toprange
06-02-2016, 11:48 AM
so OP's basically saying his standards of greatness aren't consistent at all.
No, I'm just looking for a way to give your player some credit.

MEB2kDeez
06-02-2016, 11:49 AM
What are you face palming? It is true. There is no denying it.
Shot selection at times yeah..

But who's going to sit around nitpicking his FG%?

Snarky Narc
06-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I lowered my standards. I ignored the fact that kobe won 5 championship titles fighting through the TOUGH western conference averaging 27ppg with a maximum of 1 superstar. And I saw that he only had 1 MVP, so I agree with you that lebron is greater under those standards
He had more than 1 superstar, he just couldn't win with most superstars. Needed carried by Shaq, and then a dominant front court in which collaborative efforts helped him win.

riseagainst
06-02-2016, 11:59 AM
This is a very good post. Lebron stans will get their jimmies rustled.

toprange
06-02-2016, 12:04 PM
This is a very good post. Lebron stans will get their jimmies rustled.
:cheers: We just need to be patient and wait for the standards to rise again

CAstill
06-02-2016, 03:02 PM
I'm the realest poster on this board. This stuff is ridiculous. All I see is stupid posting. The standard has not changed. It does not have a different criteria. To be the best you just simply are. I see a lot of backpedaling from Lebron fans who are mad Lebron hasn't passed Kobe all time.

toprange
06-02-2016, 03:33 PM
I'm the realest poster on this board. This stuff is ridiculous. All I see is stupid posting. The standard has not changed. It does not have a different criteria. To be the best you just simply are. I see a lot of backpedaling from Lebron fans who are mad Lebron hasn't passed Kobe all time.
No, they are not back peddling. Thats the real problem! Instead they are changing standards and putting Lebron in the top 10 and top 3 of all time. The only way we can understand what they are seeing is by lowering our standard.