PDA

View Full Version : Lebron has NO OFFENSIVE MOVES

FKAri
06-03-2016, 12:48 AM
I know I say this shit every year and y'all are always like "but look at his PPG and %". But it's clear as day that he's mediocre in the half court. He will literally try to dribble around his defender without any feints or any hesitation and if he can't he'll use his forearm to create separation.

Lebron's a great player but god is he overrated as a scorer.

kamil
06-03-2016, 12:50 AM
He's still got the stiff arm.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2cglyqs.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-D9VaSNK6is0/UyYfutznV2I/AAAAAAAAD4U/k9n_yLUTfIM/s1600/1.gif

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CFfh20_WgAE-R-t.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CHgdSveUAAA5LeB.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/V36IbdyTv10/hqdefault.jpg

http://cdn.makeagif.com/media/3-27-2016/6UQyDR.gif

FreezingTsmoove
06-03-2016, 12:51 AM
Who else came in here ready to say the stiff arm

Problem with Lebron now is that hes a weak ass bitch now so its not even all that effective anymore :lol

NBAGOAT
06-03-2016, 01:13 AM
it's ugly but sometimes athleticism and power can be pretty effective. No i'm not saying Lebron and Barkley are anywhere near each other as post players but Barkley is arguably one of the best post players ever and he didn't have nearly the number of moves of a Hakeem.

stephanieg
06-03-2016, 01:22 AM
Show respect for the crab dribble.

FKAri
06-03-2016, 01:24 AM
it's ugly but sometimes athleticism and power can be pretty effective. No i'm not saying Lebron and Barkley are anywhere near each other as post players but Barkley is arguably one of the best post players ever and he didn't have nearly the number of moves of a Hakeem.
Yes it can be effective. And Barkley used it to post up. Lebron's still playing like he's 20 and thinks he can be stronger, bigger and faster than whoever is guarding him.

Hulk
06-03-2016, 01:39 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/3o7qE8XB0J4nr53oRO/giphy.gif

NBAGOAT
06-03-2016, 01:46 AM
Yes it can be effective. And Barkley used it to post up. Lebron's still playing like he's 20 and thinks he can be stronger, bigger and faster than whoever is guarding him.

I agree but I'll admit his head fake and hook shot are nice however. It's definitely more Akeem than Hakeem however.

AirFederer
06-03-2016, 01:58 AM
He's excellent at getting to the rim but in game 1 he played passive and w/o passion

34-24 Footwork
06-03-2016, 02:28 AM

Love this gif. Bron having an emotional meltdown while Kevin Love asking for a gatorade or some shit :lol

plowking
06-03-2016, 02:39 AM
Love this gif. Bron having an emotional meltdown while Kevin Love asking for a gatorade or some shit :lol

Says a lot about you really. Nothing we didn't already know. :oldlol:

34-24 Footwork
06-03-2016, 02:43 AM
Says a lot about you really. Nothing we didn't already know. :oldlol:

You stan a player that just got eliminated by the Raptors and you stan a player that got carried off the court with cramps en route to the biggest beatdown in finals history.

Surely one would think that your favorite players say a lot about you, too.

plowking
06-03-2016, 02:45 AM
You stan a player that just got eliminated by the Raptors and you stan a player that got carried off the court with cramps en route to the biggest beatdown in finals history.

lol

I don't give a shit about either of them, so go right ahead and pay them out. :oldlol:

I'll just call you out on it. Funny how you're emotionally invested in it though. :oldlol:

G-train
06-03-2016, 02:47 AM
I know I say this shit every year and y'all are always like "but look at his PPG and %". But it's clear as day that he's mediocre in the half court. He will literally try to dribble around his defender without any feints or any hesitation and if he can't he'll use his forearm to create separation.

Don't play yourself.

34-24 Footwork
06-03-2016, 02:54 AM
lol

I don't give a shit about either of them, so go right ahead and pay them out. :oldlol:

I'll just call you out on it. Funny how you're emotionally invested in it though. :oldlol:

lol @ following me around every post. You're the amongst the easiest people to rile up on this forum along with Pauk and Lebron23.

Prime_Shaq
06-03-2016, 04:12 AM
The GOAT James... Jones

Asukal
06-03-2016, 04:35 AM

Loved this part of the show!

:oldlol: :lol :roll:

Gileraracer
06-03-2016, 04:46 AM
He has the stiff arm

knicksman
06-03-2016, 05:10 AM

:roll: :roll: ultimate proof of bran being a beta. This guy is a borderline fakkit. No wonder hes weak, coward, disrespected. And im sure his stans are like him in real life. The way they slurp this guy is disgusting.

ArbitraryWater
06-03-2016, 07:12 AM

thats really just kind of sad, dude

warriorfan
06-03-2016, 07:28 AM

:roll:

STATUTORY
06-03-2016, 08:51 AM
Even the black guy next to Lebron is just flat out disgusted by the bitch ass beta

sd3035
06-03-2016, 08:57 AM

Flashbacks of JJ Barea?

Blue&Orange
06-03-2016, 09:00 AM
Flashbacks of JJ Barea?

JJ not now, leave me alone.

Quickening
06-03-2016, 09:01 AM
Who needs them when you can average 25 ppg efficiently for your career.... what is Currys great offensive moves, draining long threes?

You don't need to have an aesthetic style of play to be an effective scorer.

knicksman
06-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Who needs them when you can average 25 ppg efficiently for your career.... what is Currys great offensive moves, draining long threes?

You don't need to have an aesthetic style of play to be an effective scorer.

You clearly dont know shit statnerd. So stay losing loser

Snarky Narc
06-03-2016, 10:07 AM
:lol

Quickening
06-03-2016, 10:16 AM
You clearly dont know shit statnerd. So stay losing loser

Kicks fan :lol :roll:

Lebron23
06-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Kicks fan :lol :roll:

Some of the dumbest guys in this planet have the biggest mouth. Knickman sucks just like the Knicks.

Snarky Narc
06-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Some of the dumbest guys in this planet have the biggest mouth. Knickman sucks just like the Knicks.
Or they post more than anybody.

Young X
06-03-2016, 10:37 AM
This has always been his main problem to me.

He is a great scorer but he is not a LETHAL scorer. His skill level scoring the ball is way inferior to the other great perimeter scorers.

He still doesn't seem to have any reliable moves he can use against set defenders. It's especially apparent in the playoffs against smart defensive teams when he can't just bully his way to the basket as much.

He doesn't have a jumper (inexcusable for a perimeter volume scorer), he doesn't have any dribble moves, doesn't do that turnaround fade from the post (used to do it more in Miami), doesn't really use fakes, doesn't have great footwork, etc...

I remember the last game he and Kobe played against eachother a couple months ago and even in Kobe's last season you could still clearly see the big difference in technique between the two.

A guy like Kobe has so many ways he can make defenders pay and really has no weaknesses or limitations offensively. Can't say the same for Lebron, that's why I'm not sure he's the better scorer.

Quickening
06-03-2016, 10:43 AM

He is a great scorer but he is not a LETHAL scorer. His skill level scoring the ball is way inferior to the other great perimeter scorers.

He still doesn't seem to have any reliable moves he can use against set defenders. It's especially apparent in the playoffs against smart defensive teams when he can't just bully his way to the basket as much.

He doesn't have a jumper (inexcusable for a perimeter volume scorer), he doesn't have any dribble moves, doesn't do that turnaround fade from the post (used to do it more in Miami), doesn't really use fakes, doesn't have great footwork, etc...

I remember the last game he and Kobe played against eachother a couple months ago and even in Kobe's last season you could still clearly see the big difference in technique between the two.

A guy like Kobe has so many ways he can make defenders pay and really has no weaknesses or limitations offensively. Can't say the same for Lebron, that's why I'm not sure he's the better scorer.

And yet Lebron averages more ppg in the playoffs, in the finals and in the regular season than Kobe and on better efficiency.

:cheers:

Pinkhearts
06-03-2016, 10:44 AM
Draining long threes is a GREAT offensive move.

LeBron will never develop that

Quickening
06-03-2016, 10:45 AM
Draining long threes is a GREAT offensive move.

LeBron will never develop that

And so is having brute strength, speed and great agility whilst being able to finish at the rim at an elite level with either hand.

jlip
06-03-2016, 10:47 AM
Threads like this on message boards like ISH let you know that Lebron is still the biggest star in the league (whether it's love or hate). The first unanimous MVP, who was supposed to be the new "best player in the game", and led the league in scoring, scores 11 pts on 27% shooting in a NBA Finals game while getting carried by his bench, and probably 2/3 of the the threads on the front page are still about Lebron. :facepalm

tpols
06-03-2016, 10:48 AM

not sure ..? :biggums:

Lebron is a liability out there as a scorer for the team with the anti-spacing he provides. It was hilarious watching him do that back up and sprint at defender thing he does from time to time when he gets sick of all the sagging.. didnt work though because hes just too damn predictable.

Young X
06-03-2016, 10:59 AM
And yet Lebron averages more ppg in the playoffs, in the finals and in the regular season than Kobe and on better efficiency.

:cheers:I'm talking more about their prime years especially against playoff defenses. Not their overall careers. Too many limitations in Bron's scoring ability.

We've seen it time and time again, against the Spurs when they forced him to shoot and it took him 3-4 games to make them pay, against the Warriors last year, against Dallas. Someone like Kobe would've BURNED all of those teams. Picture the Spurs giving Kobe space to shoot lol, he'd kill them even worse than he normally did.

And this doesn't mean James he isn't one of the best scorers of all time but I'm saying there a few guys I would take over him as scorers because of his lack of skill and versatility in that aspect of the game.

aj1987
06-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Threads like this on message boards like ISH let you know that Lebron is still the biggest star in the league (whether it's love or hate). The first unanimous MVP, who was supposed to be the new "best player in the game", and led the league in scoring, scores 11 pts on 27% shooting in a NBA Finals game while getting carried by his bench, and probably 2/3 of the the threads on the front page are still about Lebron. :facepalm
It's 3-4 Kobe stans with like a dozen accounts each. They're shook that LeBron will end up in the top 5 and Kobe with be borderline top 11.

Quickening
06-03-2016, 11:03 AM
I'm talking more about their prime years especially against playoff defenses. Not their overall careers. Too many limitations in Bron's scoring ability.

We've seen it time and time again, against the Spurs when they forced him to shoot and it took him 3-4 games to make them pay, against the Warriors last year, against Dallas. Someone like Kobe would've BURNED all of those teams. Picture the Spurs giving Kobe space to shoot lol, he'd kill them even worse than he normally did.

And this doesn't mean James he isn't one of the best scorers of all time but I'm saying there a few guys I would take over him as scorers because of his lack of skill and versatility in that aspect of the game.

Which is Kobe prime years in regards to playoffs? When he shot 6/24 in a finals game 7? Scoring a single point in the second half of game 7 versus the suns?

Classic Kobe fan, picks and choose certain series where he was shooting well, ignoring the bricks. :lol :roll:

Young X
06-03-2016, 11:15 AM
Which is Kobe prime years in regards to playoffs? When he shot 6/24 in a finals game 7? Scoring a single point in the second half of game 7 versus the suns?

Classic Kobe fan, picks and choose certain series where he was shooting well, ignoring the bricks. :lol :roll:I'm not a Kobe stan. And why would you bring up the game 7 against the Celtics when you know what happened with James against that same team earlier in that same postseason?

You won't see where I'm coming from because you love Lebron so much. I don't expect you to get it.

I shouldn't have brought up Kobe anyway, I forgot where I was for a minute. I just used him as an example of an extremely skilled scorer.

sd3035
06-03-2016, 11:17 AM
I find this one rather offensive

http://dailysnark.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/lebron-picking-his-nose.jpg

choppermagic
06-03-2016, 11:24 AM
I'm not a Kobe stan. And why would you bring up the game 7 against the Celtics when you know what happened with James against that same team earlier in that same postseason?

You won't see where I'm coming from because you love Lebron so much. I don't expect you to get it.

I shouldn't have brought up Kobe anyway, I forgot where I was for a minute. I just used him as an example of an extremely skilled scorer.

Exactly. It's indicative of Lebron-stans that they pick on Kobe's Game 7 in 2010. Because Kobe and the Lakers WON that game and won the championship over a hated rival. it was an awesome accomplishment. Lebron-stans can only focus on efficiency of FG%, which they obviously value over WINNING Championships, which is what Kobe did in Game 7 by grabbing 15 rebounds and scoring 10 points in the 4th quarter to close out the series. Pretty weak stuff to pick on a guy for WINNING! ha ha

Dresta
06-03-2016, 11:33 AM
Yes, this is true. Guy couldn't do anything when he wasn't head-down, barreling his way to the basket, flattening anyone his path with elbows and forearms. Was embarrassing when he pushed off on Igoudala and still got stripped/blocked :oldlol:--tis ugly to watch for sure. He was worse than his stats last night (very often the case with Bron).

Don't you stan a player that just had one of the worst season's in NBA history?

GoatBoy
06-03-2016, 12:54 PM
And so is having brute strength, speed and great agility whilst being able to finish at the rim at an elite level with either hand.
Can we talk about the amount of missed layups your boy had last night? :lol

warriorfan
06-03-2016, 01:26 PM
op posting this shit like its fresh news or something... :lol

Replay32
06-03-2016, 01:28 PM

He had a bad game for his standards. It happens. He was still able to get to the basket at will despite a few turnovers. He missed a lot of easy layups. Heck the whole team missed a lot of layups and close buckets. I didn't like the cavs gameplan. IMO, they should just stay with their identity and let the chips fall where they may win or lose. The lack of ball movement and player movement was disturbing.

Let's see how he bounces back.

FKAri
06-04-2016, 01:39 AM
:wtf:

Pinkhearts
06-04-2016, 02:21 AM

Draining long Threes is faaaar more effective.

Gives you 3 points instead of 2.

Brings your teams to championships, wins you UMVPs.

Quickening
06-04-2016, 02:54 AM
I'm not a Kobe stan. And why would you bring up the game 7 against the Celtics when you know what happened with James against that same team earlier in that same postseason?

Yes you shouldn't have brought up someone who scores less ppg on less efficiency in the playoffs, finals and regular season and then brag how their a far more effective scorer. :lol :roll:

Round Mound
06-04-2016, 02:57 AM
Im tired of Lebron getting the ball and use his arms to drive against players then gets stripped and then passes off. He has no post moves and he has been in the league for 12 years. Its a disgrace a player of his physical gifts to still be relying on pure brute strength and speed on every play.

FKAri
06-04-2016, 03:15 AM
Im tired of Lebron getting the ball and use his arms to drive against players then gets stripped and then passes off. He has no post moves and he has been in the league for 12 years. Its a disgrace a player of his physical gifts to still be relying on pure brute strength and speed on every play.
He doesn't have any perimeter moves either. It's compounded by the fact that he can't shoot and he now can't blow by the best defensive SF's.

In his peak his perimeter game consisted of pulling the ball back at the top of the key flattening the defense out and either driving all the way right or driving left and pulling up for a midrange jumper. No future generation is gonna be watching film to study this offensive arsenal :lol

SyRyanYang
06-04-2016, 03:23 AM
To me his best offensive move is kicking the ball out to shooters.

HALLandOATES
06-04-2016, 03:30 AM
He can play in the post just like he can be a great midrange shooter..

jumpshot/step back has went to crap these past 2 seasons.His last 2 years in Miami(peak prime) he was so good especially in the playoffs down low, calling for it like Shaq .playing pf next to Bosh alot of nights..

2013 he was working was Hakeem right?he needs to relearn positioning/post play with him because if you don't practice a skill it will go away...he has shown that he can be elite in whatever he puts his mind to

Everyone forgets he at one point was the total package to the max,was basically good to great at everything for those 2 seasons besides free throw shooting

34-24 Footwork
06-04-2016, 03:56 AM
Yes, this is true. Guy couldn't do anything when he wasn't head-down, barreling his way to the basket, flattening anyone his path with elbows and forearms. Was embarrassing when he pushed off on Igoudala and still got stripped/blocked :oldlol:--tis ugly to watch for sure. He was worse than his stats last night (very often the case with Bron).

Don't you stan a player that just had one of the worst season's in NBA history?

I'm a fan of players who have heart and passion for the game of basketball. Players who carry a huge chip on their shoulder and not afraid of the outcome.....win or lose.

Hakeem, Kobe, MJ, Westbrook are my favorites. Willing to take the blame in a loss...in the same manner they're willing to accept the glory in victory.

Arrogant, confident, skilled, driven and ruthless on the basketball court.

But I see that today's appeal leans more towards the Anthony Davis's/Durants/Lebrons of the world.

34-24 Footwork
06-04-2016, 03:59 AM
He can play in the post just like he can be a great midrange shooter..

jumpshot/step back has went to crap these past 2 seasons.His last 2 years in Miami(peak prime) he was so good especially in the playoffs down low, calling for it like Shaq .playing pf next to Bosh alot of nights..

2013 he was working was Hakeem right?he needs to relearn positioning/post play with him because if you don't practice a skill it will go away...he has shown that he can be elite in whatever he puts his mind to

Everyone forgets he at one point was the total package to the max,was basically good to great at everything for those 2 seasons besides free throw shooting

It's 2016. He has no Bosh, no jumper, no post moves. He's not GREAT at anything anymore besides pushing the ball in transition.

It's not 2013. It does you no good to be nostalgic about his days with the Miami heat.

NBAGOAT
06-04-2016, 05:46 AM
:wtf:

No doubt Kobe's more rounded amd skilled. Best argument for Lebron besides the numbers is he's better at getting to the rim and finishing(athleticism) which can make up a lot for being less well rounded and Kobe's shot selection hurts him.

CarlosBoozer
06-04-2016, 07:00 AM
Lebron's playmaking, transition offense and elite finishing ability will always make him a threat.

ImKobe
06-04-2016, 09:49 AM

:cheers:

That might have something to do with Kobe playing from age 17 to age 37 and sharing first option duties with Shaq, different team builds. Lebron is the guy that always hogs the ball so he accumulates more stats but his methods aren't as successful, as we can see in the Finals.

You have Curry and Klay combining for 20 pts and you still get blown out..

If Kobe was posted on up Curry he would have ate him alive, Lebron just gives the ball up.

Kobe post-Shaq averaged 29.2 ppg on 46/34/84 shooting

Lebron averages 27.9 ppg on 48/32/75 shooting and is averaging 24/8/6 on 47/35/76 shooting at 31 years old en route to another Finals loss, Kobe same age averaged 29/6/6 on 46/37/84 shooting

ArbitraryWater
06-04-2016, 09:57 AM
That might have something to do with Kobe playing from age 17 to age 37 and sharing first option duties with Shaq, different team builds. Lebron is the guy that always hogs the ball so he accumulates more stats but his methods aren't as successful, as we can see in the Finals.

You have Curry and Klay combining for 20 pts and you still get blown out..

If Kobe was posted on up Curry he would have ate him alive, Lebron just gives the ball up.

Kobe post-Shaq averaged 29.2 ppg on 46/34/84 shooting

Lebron averages 27.9 ppg on 48/32/75 shooting and is averaging 24/8/6 on 47/35/76 shooting at 31 years old en route to another Finals loss, Kobe same age averaged 29/6/6 on 46/37/84 shooting

nope, not really, Kobe's taken more FGA.

ImKobe
06-04-2016, 10:06 AM
nope, not really, Kobe's taken more FGA.

But he could have scored more if his team was built like it was when he went to 3 straight Finals in 08-10, averaging 30 a game..

Kobe's the more talented scorer, Lebron's scoring will continue to drop as he ages.

ArbitraryWater
06-04-2016, 10:08 AM
But he could have scored more if his team was built like it was when he went to 3 straight Finals in 08-10, averaging 30 a game..

right, but he has no excuses in the first place, since he already took more FGA. LeBron has taken less FGA, scored more, on a higher %. It's not a discussion to be had.

All while playing higher ranked defensive teams, with his scoring IMPROVING against Western teams, where as Kobe's efficiency plummets MORE against Eastern defenses.

And higher ppg/fg% in games with their backs against the wall, and in the final 2 minutes, or 24 seconds... no matter the filter.

Done. Finito. Kobe fans have nothing. He's too much of an ill-advised shot taker.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2016, 10:10 AM
If there's one sure thing Kobe has on LeBron, when it pertains to basketball, its scoring.

More 40, 50 and 60 point games... More scoring records... More versatile and skilled which is also why he's better in the half court.

sd3035
06-04-2016, 10:16 AM
If there's one sure thing Kobe has on LeBron, when it pertains to basketball, its scoring.

More 40, 50 and 60 point games... More scoring records... More versatile and skilled which is also why he's better in the half court.

Kobe was also a much better defender and not afraid to take tough shots

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2016, 10:21 AM
Kobe was also a much better defender

I actually think that's arguable.

Part of the reason I feel LeBron was better in his peak, and prime, was because dude played VERY good defense (also a better playmaker, rebounder and one of the greatest ever in transition). Forget about his chase-down blocks. Look at his mano y mano defensive splits along with the impact numbers on that end. They're excellent.

Kobe took off far too many possessions on that end to be considered "better" IMO.

ImKobe
06-04-2016, 10:22 AM
right, but he has no excuses in the first place, since he already took more FGA. LeBron has taken less FGA, scored more, on a higher %. It's not a discussion to be had.

All while playing higher ranked defensive teams, with his scoring IMPROVING against Western teams, where as Kobe's efficiency plummets MORE against Eastern defenses.

And higher ppg/fg% in games with their backs against the wall, and in the final 2 minutes, or 24 seconds... no matter the filter.

Done. Finito. Kobe fans have nothing. He's too much of an ill-advised shot taker.

higher ranked defensive teams?

Here are some of the defenses Kobe faced in the Finals

01 Spurs 98 DRTG 88 ppg allowed
01 Sixers 98.9 DRTG 90 ppg allowed
02 Spurs 99.7 DRTG 90 ppg allowed
02 Nets 99.5 DRTG 92 ppg allowed
04 Spurs 94.1 DRTG 84 ppg allowed
04 Pistons 95.4 DRTG 84 ppg allowed

the toughest defensive team both Kobe and Lebron faced was the 08 Celtics that had a 98.9 DRTG and who allowed 90 ppg, Kobe faced at least 4 teams that were better defensively during his days with Shaq alone, when hand-checking was still legal on the perimeter

Lebron against the Boston team opened up the series shooting 25.6% in the first four games with 5.8 turnovers per game, and his team still somehow blew Boston out twice :oldlol: and only lost by 4 in a game where he went 2/18 with 10 turnovers

imagine what the 04 Pistons would have done to him, not the 07 ones with Flip Saunders that had flabby Chris Webber starting, I'm talking Larry Brown Pistons with prime Ben/Rip/Billups/Prince/Sheed

The Warriors that were ranked 1st defensively last year had a 101.4 DRTG and allowed 99.9 points per game, this year's Warriors were ranked 5th and have a DRTG of 103.8 and allow 104 points per game, yet Lebron had 21 points in a game where his team struggled from the field?

Kobe was averaging 29 points per game at the same age and won his 2nd Finals in a row, Lebron is on course to lose his 3rd

Lebron struggled scoring against the Warriors last year against Iguodala, Kobe same age was able to score the same amount of points that were Lebron's Finals high (44), only that Kobe needed less shots to do it, and he was coming off a torn achilles and a broken knee at age 36 :kobe:

ArbitraryWater
06-04-2016, 10:27 AM
Kobe fans always rely on the same selective stats lol. The big picture doesn't do them any favors.

LeBron has been the MUCH MORE better defender, via help defense / switching, which, in this NBA, is more valuable and needed than one on one defense... Kobe's been lazy on that end and that was reported as early as '02 by Phil himself :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2016, 10:29 AM
Kobe fans always rely on the same selective stats lol. The big picture doesn't do them any favors.

LeBron has been the MUCH MORE better defender, via help defense / switching, which, in this NBA, is more valuable and needed than one on one defense... Kobe's been lazy on that end and that was reported as early as '02 by Phil himself :oldlol:

Totally agree. Maybe in stretches he could be considered a better man defender but in the grand scheme of things, post 2008 specifically (for a number of seasons before that where he mainly focused on offense too), its just overrating Kobe.

ImKobe
06-04-2016, 10:33 AM

selective stats? You said Lebron faced BETTER RANKED defenses, yet those same defenses allowed much more points per game and had a worse defensive rating :roll:

You base Kobe's defensive abilities on a book Phil wrote after the Lakers fell apart, Kobe has much better footwork than Lebron, he had the ability to pick up any ballhandler and guard them for 94 feet

in fact, look at his footwork on Lebron and Wade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTITRJp2bhI

Lebron can't play defense like that.

ImKobe
06-04-2016, 10:36 AM
Totally agree. Maybe in stretches he could be considered a better man defender but in the grand scheme of things, post 2008 specifically (for a number of seasons before that where he mainly focused on offense too), its just overrating Kobe.

When his defense was at it's best it was better than Lebron's

k0kakw0rld
06-04-2016, 10:51 AM

No one considers him a great scorer. But he produces more than the best scorers in this league. :confusedshrug:

NBAGOAT
06-04-2016, 10:55 AM
I think Kobe fans even have to admit. Something as small as shot selection which really has nothing to with scoring ability can hold you back as a scorer. Kobe's not close to the worst but he's still the type that can piss off a coach sometimes.

Im Still Ballin
06-04-2016, 10:57 AM
2. He's a bad post player
ANSWER: WRONG

LeBron in the post: 15/24 FG
1.09 PPP

He's top 5 in the playoffs so far (90th+ percentile)

We know he' a dominant post player, and has been for the last 4 years or so... He actually led the NBA in Post PPP in 2013

Straight_Ballin
06-04-2016, 11:53 AM

And what has that done for him? Enabled him to be exposed with his forearm bullshit and go 2/7? Cool story, but he's a loser.

3ball
06-04-2016, 11:58 AM
ANSWER: RIGHT

1.09 PPP

24 total post ups in the entire playoffs - so he posts up 1.5 times per game..

Here are the facts - Lebron is posting up 8% in these playoffs - so barely at all - that's less than Durant's 10%.

In the regular season, Lebron's PPP on the post was 0.89, which was better than only 67% of NBA players (NOT elite, middle-of-the-pack)

Look at ANY season - Lebron only posts up between 6-10% with middle-of-the-pack in PPP efficiency - he's never scored more than a tiny fraction of his points on the post - those are the facts

Straight_Ballin
06-04-2016, 12:04 PM
A great post player that posts up 1.5 times per game. :lol

hitmanyr2k
06-04-2016, 12:15 PM
ANSWER: WRONG

1.09 PPP

He's top 5 in the playoffs so far (90th+ percentile)

We know he' a dominant post player, and has been for the last 4 years or so... He actually led the NBA in Post PPP in 2013

I've always said Lebron can play in the post because he has the size to bully most defenders but he's not what I call a true post player. There's a difference. His footwork and moves around the basket are still very limited. Once defenses figure out Lebron's two post moves he abandons it completely.

eliteballer
06-05-2016, 12:30 AM
Everyone talks about LeBron's size but that's actually an inhibitor when it comes to a lot of aspects of basketball.

Basketball requires tons of flexibility and agility and his bulk prevents him from having that.

Chadwin
06-11-2016, 12:09 AM
He looked awkward as **** on some of those drives tonight. How many times did he get stripped?