PDA

View Full Version : Worse situation: Lebron losing another Finals or Chris Paul never making WCF?

sammichoffate
06-04-2016, 06:07 PM
CP3 would be the obvious answer, but I wanna hear thoughts about this

Mr. Jabbar
06-04-2016, 06:07 PM
https://addisabram.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/27m1.gif

kamil
06-04-2016, 06:09 PM
http://i64.tinypic.com/2jtqxg.jpg

sammichoffate
06-04-2016, 06:11 PM
https://addisabram.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/27m1.gifhttp://img.pandawhale.com/106848-gladiator-joaquin-phoenix-gif-yqoa.gif

duskovujosevic
06-04-2016, 06:12 PM
david stern ruined chris paul's career by stopping his departure to lakers

MP.Trey
06-04-2016, 06:30 PM
Depends.

Would you rather go 2/7 your career in the Finals or 0/0?

Kvnzhangyay
06-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Depends.

Would you rather go 2/7 your career in the Finals or 0/0?

This.

Sure you lose 7 but you're still a 2 time fmvp

34-24 Footwork
06-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Chris Paul has NO EXCUSES. Everyone expects him to lose these days.

Not sure how the bar has been lowered for him so much.

The eastern conference should be his next destination.

SouBeachTalents
06-04-2016, 06:50 PM
I'd rather have 2 titles/FMVP's than go my entire career without making the conference finals. Stupid ass thread :lol

ShawkFactory
06-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Yea CP3 is probably in the worse situation...

Lebron is in top 10 conversations.

CP3 is in one of the better PGs of this generation conversations.

Funktion
06-04-2016, 06:57 PM
If Paul played out East at least he'd of made a final vs playing in the stacked West his whole career. Getting their 7 times tho and losing 5 times?

Hulk
06-04-2016, 07:09 PM
2/7

Akrazotile
06-04-2016, 07:10 PM
Lebron is a 4-time MVP. Chris Paul should have had an MVP, but was robbed by the media to get Kobe his "lifetime achievement" MVP.

Both are extremely well regarded future HOFers.

The "finals record" silliness is entirely driven by insecure stans who know that's the only trump card their coattail-riding hero has over the greats of this era.

To most people, and to future generations, it's meaningless. Dont get me wrong, if youre a stan/troll, have your fun. But let's not pretend objectively like any of this is going to matter in regards to their legacy in the long run.

Jasper
06-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Lebron joins CP3 and gets to WCF

CP3 joins Lebron and doesn't get to ECF

:confusedshrug:

Jasper
06-04-2016, 08:53 PM
Chris Paul has NO EXCUSES. Everyone expects him to lose these days.

Not sure how the bar has been lowered for him so much.

The eastern conference should be his next destination.

CP3 is like every American = Early vacations :rockon:

Young X
06-04-2016, 11:56 PM
The absurdness of these 2 situations are directly related to the same issue but you guys are so stupid that you can't see it.

KG215
06-05-2016, 12:29 AM
It's a pretty big indictment for a player who some say is the best PG since Magic to never get past the second round. There's a lot of context that has to be applied to Paul's situation, but at least LeBron is a two time champion and two time Finals MVP. Meanwhile, CP3 has never made it past the conference semifinals.

Young X
06-05-2016, 12:37 AM
It's a pretty big indictment for a player who some say is the best PG since Magic to never get past the second round. There's a lot of context that has to be applied to Paul's situation, but at least LeBron is a two time champion and two time Finals MVP. Meanwhile, CP3 has never made it past the conference semifinals.I am biased but it's not a big indictment for me.

Besides the Rockets last year when did his team lose to a team they were expected to beat? When did they lose to the weaker team?

Akrazotile
06-05-2016, 12:40 AM
It's a pretty big indictment for a player who some say is the best PG since Magic to never get past the second round. There's a lot of context that has to be applied to Paul's situation, but at least LeBron is a two time champion and two time Finals MVP. Meanwhile, CP3 has never made it past the conference semifinals.

Hes played most of his career in New Orleans, dude. His numbers in the playoffs have been very good, too, unlike say Melo. And I dont even LIKE the guy. Im just willing to be objective.

If you cant comprehend that even the best players can be limited by the team around them, and that everyone cant play for the best organizations... I dunno man. Maybe team sports arent the thing for people who think that way. Maybe watch tennis or track.

Anyone who judges individual players by team results is either lazy, incompetent, or motivated by an agenda. In ISH's case, usually all 3.

keep-itreal
06-05-2016, 12:43 AM
Chris Paul is irrelevant.

KG215
06-05-2016, 12:44 AM
I am biased but it's not a big indictment for me.

Besides the Rockets last year when did his team lose to a team they were expected to beat? When did they lose to the weaker team?

Hes played most of his career in New Orleans, dude. His numbers in the playoffs have been very good, too, unlike say Melo. And I dont even LIKE the guy. Im just willing to be objective.

If you cant comprehend that even the best players can be limited by the team around them, and that everyone cant play for the best organizations... I dunno man. Maybe team sports arent the thing for people who think that way. Maybe watch tennis or track.

Anyone who judges individual players by team results is either lazy, incompetent, or motivated by an agenda. In ISH's case, usually all 3.
That part of my post that says there's a lot of context that has to be applied to CP3's situation, i.e. never making it past the second round? ....

This is where it applies. :rolleyes:

stalkerforlife
06-05-2016, 12:48 AM
Obviously Bran because he plays in a whack conference and stacks all his teams by colluding and cowardice.

Young X
06-05-2016, 01:07 AM
That part of my post that says there's a lot of context that has to be applied to CP3's situation, i.e. never making it past the second round? ....

This is where it applies. :rolleyes:I'm just saying the context of the situation is why I personally don't think it's a big indictment.

There's no disconnect or decline from his teams' regular season standing and their playoff results. It's 2nd and 3rd tier teams in the west that are losing in the 1st and 2nd round. That's not a big deal to me.

There were always at least 2-3 teams (or more) in the west that were ahead of Paul's teams going into the playoffs. Every year.

The same thing will happen next year and the year after that. He's basically in no-man's land. He will never even come close winning a championship unless he gets traded to the Cavs or something.

GrapeApe
06-05-2016, 01:25 AM
Lebron is a 4-time MVP. Chris Paul should have had an MVP, but was robbed by the media to get Kobe his "lifetime achievement" MVP.

Both are extremely well regarded future HOFers.

The "finals record" silliness is entirely driven by insecure stans who know that's the only trump card their coattail-riding hero has over the greats of this era.

To most people, and to future generations, it's meaningless. Dont get me wrong, if youre a stan/troll, have your fun. But let's not pretend objectively like any of this is going to matter in regards to their legacy in the long run.

I agree with this for the most part, but I do think his failures in the finals will be attached to his legacy to some degree, especially if he doesn't win a title in Cleveland. The positive things will of course take precedence and he'll still be regarded as one of the best ever. The good will outshine the bad, but his finals record will definitely stay with him.

bigkingsfan
06-05-2016, 01:30 AM
Obviously zero finals lost is better than four.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-05-2016, 01:37 AM
Going back to Cleveland and not winning one (if it plays out that way) will definitely leave a small stain on LeBron's legacy. It's one thing when he couldn't win the first time around, left, and then proceeded to win elsewhere. It's another to then return after how he handled his leaving, put the pressure back on himself, consistently get to the Finals, and not come through again.

Unfair or not, it's going to be there at the end of his career (if he doesn't win on the Cavs...). And I actually think it's a bit fair because he decided to put the responsibility of winning a championship for Cleveland solely on his shoulders. He could have stayed in Miami or join a different team if he wanted to and I honestly believe his first and only Cavs stint would have been a footnote in the long history of why it's a bummer to be a fan of Cleveland sports. Alas he returned.

Also regarding Paul: I know he gets a ton of shit on ISH, but in general I think he gets the least amount of criticism I've seen for a truly great player. At least over the last... Well let's say post-MJ. His NO days are held in high regard and the failures of the Clippers seems to get thrown on Doc and Griffin more than Paul.

TommyGriffin
06-05-2016, 01:38 AM
The absurdness of these 2 situations are directly related to the same issue but you guys are so stupid that you can't see it.

#lonelyCPstan

bigt
06-05-2016, 01:56 AM
CP3s easily. At least Lebron at the end of the day has two titles to his name (and 2 FMVPs).

It's all well and good to say that CP3 has played in a tougher conference and with less talent - but if you look back on their careers in twenty years Bron is going to be looked at in a better light. Whenever you have to add a 'but' in order to try and argue one guy over another, it hurts.

"Oh yeah Chris Paul never won a title, BUT..." and it's too late. Chris Paul never won a title. You can give him all the excuses you want, but if you're main goal entering the NBA is to be the best you need to have the title by your side to back it up. Has Lebron lost a lot at the final stage? Yeah. But he got there, and he has won there. Any NBA player would take that over having never made it in the first place (or even the conference finals)

AirBonner
06-05-2016, 01:59 AM
Worse situation? how about superstar Carmelo Anthony leaving a stacked playoff team in the stacked western conference to play in the pathetic east and continue to miss the playoffs annually. The east is so easy though.

zizozain
06-05-2016, 04:43 AM
https://addisabram.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/27m1.gif
:oldlol:

R.I.P.
06-05-2016, 04:57 AM

So Chandler/Okafor, West and Peja or the current Clippers team are not talented enough to make the conference finals once with the allegedly best PG of the last 25 years?