PDA

View Full Version : Jerry West on critics of LeBron's Finals record: "Ridiculous."

Springsteen
06-04-2016, 11:03 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/739184746790424576

"That's the most ridiculous thing. If I were him, I'd want to strangle you guys."

NBAGOAT
06-04-2016, 11:05 PM
well its not surprising he be the one to defend him on this even if I agree with him. Most of the greats have some small kind of agenda at least.

keep-itreal
06-04-2016, 11:05 PM
1/9

Real14
06-04-2016, 11:07 PM
I respect him more than Bron but come on man. Come the phuck on!:coleman:

Springsteen
06-04-2016, 11:11 PM

I find it funny most basketball analysts when asked, including all-time greats have Lebron in their top 10.

Yet somehow, the mouthbreathing retards on this forum (i.e. Lakers and Knicks fans) think they have more objective basketball knowledge than these people to rank him outside that.

Lebron23
06-04-2016, 11:14 PM

I don't think any one respect you in this forum.

Real14
06-04-2016, 11:14 PM
I find it funny most basketball analysts when asked, including all-time greats have Lebron in their top 10.

Yet somehow, the mouthbreathing retards on this forum (i.e. Lakers and Knicks fans) think they have more objective basketball knowledge than these people to rank him outside that.
The all time greats are being paid to say that man.

branslowski
06-04-2016, 11:15 PM
Elton John on critics of Bruce Jenner's transformation: "Ridiculous"

Real14
06-04-2016, 11:16 PM
I don't think any one respect you in this forum.
Keep crying about Bron Bron being a finals loser bitch:lol

Lebron23
06-04-2016, 11:17 PM

And you aren't paid to troll in this forum. Kobe is laughing at you right now.

Real14
06-04-2016, 11:17 PM
Exactly:lol Ru Paul would go on a rampage:oldlol:

kamil
06-04-2016, 11:18 PM

:applause:

Real14
06-04-2016, 11:19 PM
And you aren't paid to troll in this forum. Kobe is laughing at you right now.
LeBron wouldn't laugh at your short weak ball playin' ass tho?:lol

pegasus
06-04-2016, 11:19 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

sixer6ad
06-04-2016, 11:25 PM

It's why I don't come on here. I love the game and have been an NBA fan for a long time. There is NEVER anything on here where you can just discuss the game; there are always agendas from people who know nothing.

Never understood why the site allows it so much - instead of actually talking about BBall.

Young X
06-04-2016, 11:53 PM
Elton John on critics of Bruce Jenner's transformation: "Ridiculous":lol

Springsteen
06-05-2016, 12:08 AM
Some more.

"That's the most ridiculous thing. If I were him, I'd probably want to strangle [detractors]," West said. "He's carried teams on his shoulders. He's been to the Finals six straight times. How many times has he been the favorite? None. Zero. Grossly unfair to him.

"I don't want to sound like Donald Trump, but it's hard for me to believe someone doesn't recognize his greatness. This guy does everything, and he's competitive as hell. Frankly, I wish people would leave him alone."

After losing in the 2011 Finals, James reached out to West to discuss how he coped with losses during his career. West told James a story about how he almost punched out a man who heckled him as he was jogging in Los Angeles in the summer after a Finals loss. And West told LeBron how rewarding overcoming the scrutiny can be.

"It's no fun to get there that many times and not get the results you want, regardless of how you played," West said. "In the playoffs, the best players are supposed to play better. I did. It made no difference."

NBAGOAT
06-05-2016, 12:11 AM
Some more.

it's nice to know we had dumbass fans 50 years ago too :(

Hey Yo
06-05-2016, 12:12 AM
James is trying to avoid becoming the fourth player in Finals history to lose five series. No one lost more than West, whose 1-8 Finals record with the Los Angeles Lakers dogs him to this day. Because of that, West has found himself repeatedly defending James' honor and did so again Saturday with the Warriors holding a 1-0 series lead.

"That's the most ridiculous thing. If I were him, I'd probably want to strangle [detractors]," West said. "He's carried teams on his shoulders. He's been to the Finals six straight times. How many times has he been the favorite? None. Zero. Grossly unfair to him.

"I don't want to sound like Donald Trump, but it's hard for me to believe someone doesn't recognize his greatness. This guy does everything, and he's competitive as hell. Frankly, I wish people would leave him alone."

"It's no fun to get there that many times and not get the results you want, regardless of how you played," West said. "In the playoffs, the best players are supposed to play better. I did. It made no difference."

West compared getting to the Finals and not winning to being a child walking by the window of a candy store, seeing the candy and not being able to have any. He said that three times after Finals defeats he wanted to quit the game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15956952/jerry-west-defends-nba-finals-record-lebron-james

ripthekik
06-05-2016, 12:14 AM
James is trying to avoid becoming the fourth player in Finals history to lose five series. No one lost more than West, whose 1-8 Finals record with the Los Angeles Lakers dogs him to this day. Because of that, West has found himself repeatedly defending James' honor and did so again Saturday with the Warriors holding a 1-0 series lead.

West compared getting to the Finals and not winning to being a child walking by the window of a candy store, seeing the candy and not being able to have any. He said that three times after Finals defeats he wanted to quit the game.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2016/story/_/id/15956952/jerry-west-defends-nba-finals-record-lebron-james

a 1-8 guy defending a soon to be 2-7 guy
:lol

Bankaii
06-05-2016, 12:14 AM
Deflection, a Kobetard's only method of arguing.

Young X
06-05-2016, 12:22 AM
Bron's finals record isn't that big a deal to me because I'm smarter than that.

It's only valid if you're trying to portray him as the greatest. He's not in that conversation at all.

branslowski
06-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Deflection, a Kobetard's only method of arguing.

Nah, my comment pretty much just sums up how I feel about this thread. No argument needed.

Bankaii
06-05-2016, 12:45 AM
Nah, my comment pretty much just sums up how I feel about this thread. No argument needed.
More like no argument because you don't have one.

stalkerforlife
06-05-2016, 12:46 AM
West is the biggest finals loser ever, I think.

Sit your old ass down, agenda having ass.

Bankaii
06-05-2016, 12:47 AM

It's only valid if you're trying to portray him as the greatest. He's not in that conversation at all.
So Bill Russell who's pretty clearly the most inferior player of the other top 10-11 GOATs has an argument strictly due to a team record?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-05-2016, 12:51 AM

Random as sh*t :oldlol:

Anyway, its only a "big deal" when zealots try and claim making the finals in that shit conference, while handpicking his rosters and stacking the deck, is some other-worldly feat.

If you fanboys wanna claim that, then don't be up in arms when posters use his finals record against him.

NBAGOAT
06-05-2016, 12:53 AM
So Bill Russell who's pretty clearly the most inferior player of the other top 10-11 GOATs has an argument strictly due to a team record?

Russell can be argued because of his defensive impact and his playoff performances. Throw in stuff like goat bball IQ and intangibles and no he's not clearly inferior to the other 10-11 GOATs. Lebron's not in the convo because he's not the playoff performer Jordan is and doesn't quite have the peak/prime play and doesn't have the longevity of Kareem.

Smoke117
06-05-2016, 12:57 AM
The 2nd greatest laker of all time (after Magic) praising Lebron...:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

stalkerforlife
06-05-2016, 12:58 AM
The 2nd greatest laker of all time (after Magic) praising Lebron...:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

http://s33.postimg.org/pk8gghsxr/lol.gif

Bankaii
06-05-2016, 01:00 AM
Russell can be argued because of his defensive impact and his playoff performances. Throw in stuff like goat bball IQ and intangibles and no he's not clearly inferior to the other 10-11 GOATs. Lebron's not in the convo because he's not the playoff performer Jordan is and doesn't quite have the peak/prime play and doesn't have the longevity of Kareem.
Name a playoff performance from him better than 2012 or 2009 Lebron.
Strictly as a basketball player and talent, he most definitely is more inferior than the other 10 GOATs.

jlip
06-05-2016, 01:01 AM

Bill Russell is not just the greatest winner, and his greatness is not limited "strictly to a team record." He's arguably the greatest defender ever, in the discussion as the greatest rebounder ever, has as many MVPs as MJ, and is one of the best passing big men to ever play the game. He won titles by leading his team in scoring in the finals multiple times, leading them in rebounds every time, and leading them in assists. What else was he suppose to do? Start jacking up a bunch of shots so that random fans on message boards 50 years later could think that he was a better player simply because he scored some more points?

NBAGOAT
06-05-2016, 01:08 AM
Name a playoff performance from him better than 2012 or 2009 Lebron.
Strictly as a basketball player and talent, he most definitely is more inferior than the other 10 GOATs.

well I didn't say Lebron was a worse playoff performer than Russell and even so, you gotta look at the whole playoff career. I'm don't think Russell has any black marks in his playoff career. For example, I don't think Bird was a better playoff performer than Lebron but some people will argue argue 84 and 86 are better than anything Bron's done in the playoffs..

Bankaii
06-05-2016, 01:15 AM
Bill Russell is not just the greatest winner, and his greatness is not limited "strictly to a team record." He's arguably the greatest defender ever, in the discussion as the greatest rebounder ever, has as many MVPs as MJ, and is one of the best passing big men to ever play the game. He won titles by leading his team in scoring in the finals multiple times, leading them in rebounds every time, and leading them in assists. What else was he suppose to do? Start jacking up a bunch of shots so that random fans on message boards 50 years later could think that he was a better player simply because he scored some more points?
Have you ever seen his defense? What are you basing these claims off of exactly?

He played on byfar the most stacked team in the league. Players in today's league are shunned for playing with 1-2 other HOFs but imagine having an entire starting lineup and some of bench of HOFs.

When you account for pace his rebounding numbers don't look nearly as impressive. And when you factor in the weak era he played in it looks even worse.
Dude won a Finals averaging 9 points on 32%. I'm not hearing any of that bullshit.

Name a player in the top 10 he's individually better than.

kamil
06-05-2016, 01:17 AM
http://s33.postimg.org/pk8gghsxr/lol.gif

:cheers:

Young X
06-05-2016, 01:18 AM
So Bill Russell who's pretty clearly the most inferior player of the other top 10-11 GOATs has an argument strictly due to a team record?First of all, Bill Russell is not "clearly inferior" to the other top 10 players. I suggest you do some research on him and the effect he had on his teams.

And it's not just about team record. Lebron isn't the best performer in the finals either. I'm not gonna blame him for all the losses but what we've seen from him has not been legendary let's just leave it at that.

R.I.P.
06-05-2016, 01:20 AM
Next Windhorst will try to dig up Wilt to get his thoughts on Bron

bigkingsfan
06-05-2016, 01:21 AM
Stupid Lebron, should have lost to the Raptors.

Bankaii
well I didn't say Lebron was a worse playoff performer than Russell and even so, you gotta look at the whole playoff career. I'm don't think Russell has any black marks in his playoff career. For example, I don't think Bird was a better playoff performer than Lebron but some people will argue argue 84 and 86 are better than anything Bron's done in the playoffs..
To each his own I guess.
The only people I think with a equal/better playoff run than peak Lebron are MJ/Shaq/Hakeem/Kareem.

But as an individual talent, I honestly just don't think Russell is GOAT tier. His career accomplishments do a lot for his resume.

FashionIssues
it's like getting bad credit help from your mom and still getting denied. losers are losers.

Bankaii
06-05-2016, 01:25 AM
First of all, Bill Russell is not "clearly inferior" to the other top 10 players. I suggest you do some research on him and the effect he had on his teams.

And it's not just about team record. Lebron isn't the best performer in the finals either. I'm not gonna blame him for all the losses but what we've seen from him has not been legendary let's just leave it at that.
What players is Bill Russell better than as an individual talent?
And care to post any of this research that shows his GOAT effect?

And every player has had at least 1 subpar Finals. But using his Finals record as a means of degrading his legacy is asinine.

Prime_Shaq
06-05-2016, 01:26 AM

Yup, I think this gets often overlooked

NBAGOAT
06-05-2016, 01:30 AM
To each his own I guess.
The only people I think with a equal/better playoff run than peak Lebron are MJ/Shaq/Hakeem/Kareem.

But as an individual talent, I honestly just don't think Russell is GOAT tier. His career accomplishments do a lot for his resume.

peak Lebron in the playoffs is up there. He has runs that aren't nearly as great however as Young X said. Career wise, I lean towards taking Magic as playoff performer over Lebron too. He has a bad series in 82 and some unclutch moments in 84 and there's not much more outside of that.

StephHamann
06-05-2016, 01:30 AM
1-8 loser defends 2-7 loser

BIG SUPRISE

Young X
06-05-2016, 01:36 AM
What players is Bill Russell better than as an individual talent?
And care to post any of this research that shows his GOAT effect?

And every player has had at least 1 subpar Finals. But using his Finals record as a means of degrading his legacy is asinine.I'm too lazy right now but based on what we know, not only is Russell the best defender ever but it's not even close.

His teams for like 10 years were #1 defensively and they fell off as soon as he retired.

I'm not sure who he's better than as an individual talent but to say he's clearly inferior sounds disrespectful.

And I'm not degrading Bron's legacy because of his finals record, I even said that in my post.

But you can't sit here and put him in the same conversation as Michael Jordan (not saying you are doing that). A guy who dominated the finals to a much greater extent WHILE leading his teams to more victories.

NBAGOAT
06-05-2016, 01:54 AM
I'm too lazy right now but based on what we know, not only is Russell the best defender ever but it's not even close.

His teams for like 10 years were #1 defensively and they fell off as soon as he retired.

I'm not sure who he's better than as an individual talent but to say he's clearly inferior sounds disrespectful.

And I'm not degrading Bron's legacy because of his finals record, I even said that in my post.

But you can't sit here and put him in the same conversation as Michael Jordan (not saying you are doing that). A guy who dominated the finals to a much greater extent WHILE leading his teams to more victories.

there's pretty much only one way Bron can even be in the conversation and that will most likely not be enough anyway. Besides winning a couple of rings while playing well, he has to have Kareem/Malone like longevity where he's a legit top 5-10 player even at age 37. That most likely won't be enough either since that's pretty much Kareem's resume and most people don't have him above Jordan.

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 02:09 AM
So now we have clowns on here attacking the credibility of of all people...Jerry West? Im ashamed to be associated with some of you.

Even putting aside the ridiculous playing career that has know nothings 40 years later clowning him over losing finals series he was unstoppable in(he had games of 53/10, 41, 40, 39, and a 43/13/12 game 7 on a nearly torn hamstring in one series loss)..

Even all that aside...what hes done since he retired?

Jerry West has been an NBA coach, an NBA scout, was the GM for 6 NBA champions, built the Shaq/Kobe lakers from scratch, went to Memphis who had never made the playoffs and got them there 3 years in a row and now he works....for the Warriors. And he helped make them what they are. Anyone interested in his input(From being big on drafting Klay, to changing the coaching, and getting rid of Monta so Steph could grow) can read a number of articles. Here is one:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/warriors/2014/12/03/jerry-west-on-the-giant-steps-that-brought-the-warriors-here-and-where-theyre-going-next/

He got there and immediately went to work trying to figure out why they were not a lot better than they were and helped make it happen. Forget Pat Riley. Jerry West is the Godfather of the NBA. Hell hes the one who refused the Lakers coaching job and made Dr.buss give it to Riley in the first place. Buss wanted to name West...West named Riley....Buss still wanted West as co-coach.....West refused and said he would help Riley but not take the job. He saw something in Pat. So he gave pat the coaching job and he ran the team.

Jerry West is 100% Grade A legendary on the floor, in the office, or behind the scenes and is literally....the logo of the NBA.

But some childish know nothings on the internet attack his credibility because he states the obvious?

Im about to go start a gofundme project to finance the development of an online deliverable slap in the face for some of you cretins.

NBAGOAT
06-05-2016, 02:14 AM
So now we have clowns on here attacking the credibility of of all people...Jerry West? Im ashamed to be associated with some of you.

Even putting aside the ridiculous playing career that has know nothings 40 years later clowning him over losing finals series he was unstoppable in(he had games of 53/10, 41, 40, 39, and a 43/13/12 game 7 on a nearly torn hamstring in one series loss)..

Jerry West has been an NBA coach, an NBA scout, was the GM for 6 NBA champions, built the Shaq/Kobe lakers from scratch, went to Memphis who had never made the playoffs and got them there 3 years in a row and now he works....for the Warriors. And he helped make them what they are. Anyone interested in his input(From being big on drafting Klay, to changing the coaching, and getting rid of Monta so Steph could grow) can read a number of articles. Here is one:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/warriors/2014/12/03/jerry-west-on-the-giant-steps-that-brought-the-warriors-here-and-where-theyre-going-next/

He got there and immediately went to work trying to figure out why they were not a lot better than they were and helped make it happen. Forget Pat Riley. Jerry West is the Godfather of the NBA. Hell hes the one who refused the Lakers coaching job and made Dr.buss give it to Riley in the first place. Buss wanted to name West...West named Riley....Buss still wanted West as co-coach.....West refused and said he would help Riley but not take the job. He saw something in Pat. So he gave pat the coaching job and he ran the team.

Jerry West is 100% Grade A legendary on the floor, in the office, or behind the scenes and is literally....the logo of the NBA.

But some childish know nothings on the internet attack his credibility because he states the obvious?

Im about to go start a gofundme project to finance the development of an online deliverable slap in the face for some of you cretins.

:applause: :bowdown: well said as always.

Bankaii
06-05-2016, 02:18 AM
I'm too lazy right now but based on what we know, not only is Russell the best defender ever but it's not even close.

I'm not saying he wasn't a great defender. There are some stats that support this.
But I'm going to sit here and say that someone that I haven't even seen an entire season of basketball from is the greatest defender ever and "it's not even close".
Factoring in the era he played in and the fact that no one seems to have any concrete evidence that was without a doubt the GOAT defender, I don't buy it.

But no doubt Lebron's career isn't up there with Jordan's, that ship sailed in 2011. But if he wins this Finals along with 1-2 more and has great longevity, I wouldn't have a problem putting him top 3-4, maybe even 2nd above Kareem.

Young X
06-05-2016, 02:40 AM
But no doubt Lebron's career isn't up there with Jordan's, that ship sailed in 2011. But if he wins this Finals along with 1-2 more and has great longevity, I wouldn't have a problem putting him top 3-4, maybe even 2nd above Kareem.Agreed. The rings are not even that important to me. Maybe 1 more ring and more seasons playing All-NBA caliber ball and there's only 4, 5 or so players who should be ranked over him.

Kiddlovesnets
06-05-2016, 02:43 AM
He's 1/9, lowest NBA Finals winning% for a top 15 player of alltime, clearly hes on the same boat as Lebron.

FreezingTsmoove
06-05-2016, 03:34 AM
1/8 :lol :lol :lol

Lebron23
06-05-2016, 03:42 AM
I agree with the NBA Logo.

theaussieguy
06-05-2016, 04:29 AM
the reality is the optimization of Lebron skillset has seen him win only 2 finals (one of which literally came down to one shot by a top 4 shooter of all time), and soon to be 5 losses. He could take any team to the playoffs sure, he has that kind of effect on the game where he fills up the stat sheet. But the sad reality is, that even at peak optimization, it usually doesn't result in a championship because at the critical point of games, with playoff intensity basketball, it comes down to superstar effort and killer instinct to put you over the top. Its like getting 100m from the summit of everest for 6 years in a row, sure thats impressive but its just not enough to achieve true greatness.

Lebron is probably the best freak athlete we have ever seen in the game, but as a basketballer he can't even crack my top 15 because you simply can't trust him to get the job done when it matters

Asukal
06-05-2016, 04:31 AM
To be fair to Mr.West, he had ILt in his team. Can't win with the GOAT choker as your team mate. :lol

Dray n Klay
06-05-2016, 04:31 AM
the reality is the optimization of Lebron skillset has seen him win only 2 finals (one of which literally came down to one shot by a top 4 shooter of all time), and soon to be 5 losses. He could take any team to the playoffs sure, he has that kind of effect on the game where he fills up the stat sheet. But the sad reality is, that even at peak optimization, it usually doesn't result in a championship because at the critical point of games, with playoff intensity basketball, it comes down to superstar effort and killer instinct to put you over the top. Its like getting 100m from the summit of everest for 6 years in a row, sure thats impressive but its just not enough to achieve true greatness.

Lebron is probably the best freak athlete we have ever seen in the game, but as a basketballer he can't even crack my top 15 because you simply can't trust him to get the job done when it matters

Btw what are your thoughts on Wade's POVERTY 35" vertical and how does it compare to Westbrook?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dwyane-Wade-4726/

theaussieguy
06-05-2016, 04:37 AM
Btw what are your thoughts on Wade's POVERTY 35" vertical and how does it compare to Westbrook?

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dwyane-Wade-4726/

Wade makes up for it with huge arms, furthermore, he is one of the most effortless dunkers I have ever seen, he can't get up very high, but he just floats up there with minimal effort.

He is also the far better all around player. There is nothing wrong with having a POVERTY 36.5 inch vertical or worse, but if you only play like you are in the 40 inch club using pure hustle and physicality without much skill, you are bound to fail and that is why I don't like Westbrook.

Dray n Klay
06-05-2016, 04:39 AM
Wade makes up for it with huge arms, furthermore, he is one of the most effortless dunkers I have ever seen, he can't get up very high, but he just floats up there with minimal effort.

He is also the far better all around player. There is nothing wrong with having a POVERTY 36.5 inch vertical or worse, but if you only play like you are in the 40 inch club using pure hustle and physicality without much skill, you are bound to fail and that is why I don't like Westbrook.

Hmm.. solid points, can't disagree :confusedshrug:

zizozain
06-05-2016, 04:39 AM
:lol :lol

The_Yearning
06-05-2016, 05:09 AM

1. Lol

2. Maybe you should have. You clearly didn't have the heart of a champion.

3. 1/8

4. Lol

keep-itreal
06-05-2016, 06:39 AM
Not surprised Erry Est would defend Lebron's finals record

ArbitraryWater
06-05-2016, 06:57 AM
Random as sh*t :oldlol:

Anyway, its only a "big deal" when zealots try and claim making the finals in that shit conference, while handpicking his rosters and stacking the deck, is some other-worldly feat.

If you fanboys wanna claim that, then don't be up in arms when posters use his finals record against him.

so what do you want? Because this 2011-2016 stretch has been a large portion of his prime, so anytime someone warrants his great play over those years and says 'he's made 6 straight finals' you're riled up and want an asterisk on that? 'in a shit conference while handpicking blah blah blah' ?

The guy hasn't had ONE bad series since the 2011 finals..... his supporting cast since then has had PLENTY of off series'.... and you act like everyone could achieve 6 straight finals, when its only been done once by Russell in the 60's...

Like he hasn't faced adversity throughout this run. Like he didn't need to be SPECTACULAR for them to overcome their opponents.

It all comes down to the ridiculous standards of his. He has needed to be absolutely great in order for this to happen, he was, not one off series, and apparently, he can't get any credit for it, because people like you act any great from MJ to the end of the top 30 would have done it.

Blue&Orange
06-05-2016, 07:01 AM

basketball analysts and all-time greats had Kobe as the GOAT.

Orlando Magic
06-05-2016, 09:26 AM

Yeah, I'm not exactly one to buy into the "well a former great said it, so it must be true!" but in the instance of Jerry West, the guy is pretty much proven on almost every level imaginable when it comes to pro ball.

His opinion is actually worth something because he's proven. It's not like that of a Michael Jordan in which the guy was clearly the best on court player around but couldn't put together a winning team, off the floor, to save his life. I also know there's no way he'd be able to coach because he'd belittle people too much. This is Jerry West... proven on all levels.

This board has gone to shit... I mean, it's been in a constant spiral for years but this past year or two has gotten really, really bad.

Can you please delete my account if the Cavs lose this series? Guess I'm going to have to beg Jeff to do it.

PickernRoller
06-05-2016, 10:15 AM
Jerry...there is only one reason I love you. A big reason but just one and it ain't your Finals record. Makes Lebron look small. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

LAZERUSS
06-05-2016, 11:20 AM
To be fair to Mr.West, he had ILt in his team. Can't win with the GOAT choker as your team mate. :lol

Yep...and that's why West won his only ring in a Finals in which he shot .325 from the floor...while Chamberlain dominated the series, and particularly the clinching win, en route to a FMVP.

If anything West COST Wilt a title in the '70 Finals when he puked all over the floor in game seven, while Frazier exploded for 36 points. And, had West not missed the '71 playoffs altogether (as well as Baylor), they possibly would have won a ring that year, as well. And finally, in Chamberlain's last season, West was again awful in the Finals, and putrid in the series clinching defeat.

:facepalm

Mr. Jabbar
06-05-2016, 11:35 AM
1/9

Savage

AceManIII
06-05-2016, 12:02 PM
Jerry West is going to push for Bron to win Finals MVP after the Cavs lose as well :lol

DCL
06-05-2016, 12:05 PM
nobody ever really criticized west for his 1/9.

it was *never* a hot sports topic; it was just random sports trivia on how many times he got his team to the finals, that's about it. the west haters were extremely minimal in size. we're talking about the fuggin' logo, ffs.

this finals record debate thing only became a hot topic in relatively recent times because it's on lebron, and a lot of people hate his ass, so they took this argument and flew all the way to the moon with it.

Dresta
06-05-2016, 12:12 PM
"He's been to the Finals six straight times. How many times has he been the favorite? None. Zero."

Man just lost all credibility. Not to mention the time he was most clearly the favourite was the time he choked and put in the worst performance.

stalkerforlife
06-05-2016, 12:20 PM

I guess we should let outlets like ESPN and people like you pull the wool over our eyes and skip to your delusional beat.

No, thanks.

The mindless sheep may fall for the BS, but true basketball aficionados aren't going to let it slide.

You know...I know...we all know...Bran stacked his team so that it'd be an impossibility to beat him in a historically weak conference, and he did it twice.

Him going to the finals is not a major accomplishment.

DMAVS41
06-05-2016, 12:34 PM
I guess we should let outlets like ESPN and people like you pull the wool over our eyes and skip to your delusional beat.

No, thanks.

The mindless sheep may fall for the BS, but true basketball aficionados aren't going to let it slide.

You know...I know...we all know...Bran stacked his team so that it'd be an impossibility to beat him in a historically weak conference, and he did it twice.

Him going to the finals is not a major accomplishment.

Yea...I mean...he joined up with 3 other all nba players in the heart of their primes...then joined up with two other all stars...all in a conference that hasn't had another legit contending team since probably 11.

Like...we have to mention that. We have to mention Lebron's inept shooting and how much it has killed his team in the finals at times throughout his career.

It's not hating...it's called truth telling.

Lebron is one of the best ever...we all agree with that, but where he actually falls in the list of best ever is based on how he plays and what he accomplishes given his circumstances.

If he ends up with only 2 titles in the last 6 years...that is honestly not doing much of note as virtually all the top 20 GOATs would be replicating 2 titles in 6 years with this kind of help.

Doesn't make Lebron any less great, but this stuff matters. It matters that last year he was horribly inefficient in the finals and got singled the whole time.

It matters...just like all his great moments matter.

End of the day...two titles in the last six years is by no means bad, but it's not special...and I don't really care much about just making the finals because of the circumstances and quite simply it's incredibly inflated.

We'll see how this series goes though...i think the Cavs have some things the can do to really give this thing a go. We'll see...

GimmeThat
06-05-2016, 12:39 PM
lets not lie and say it doesn't come down to who else had won it.

you put the man back in the hood, all he's gonna have to do is stack and choose, and you have more peoples success being determined by him, or having the better social life in the States.

stalkerforlife
06-05-2016, 12:41 PM
Yea...I mean...he joined up with 3 other all nba players in the heart of their primes...then joined up with two other all stars...all in a conference that hasn't had another legit contending team since probably 11.

Like...we have to mention that. We have to mention Lebron's inept shooting and how much it has killed his team in the finals at times throughout his career.

Lebron is one of the best ever...we all agree with that, but where he actually falls in the list of best ever is based on how he plays and what he accomplishes given his circumstances.

If he ends up with only 2 titles in the last 6 years...that is honestly not doing much of note as virtually all the top 20 GOATs would be replicating 2 titles in 6 years with this kind of help.

Doesn't make Lebron any less great, but this stuff matters. It matters that last year he was horribly inefficient in the finals and got singled the whole time.

End of the day...two titles in the last six years is by no means bad, but it's not special...and I don't really care much about just making the finals because of the circumstances and quite simply it's incredibly inflated.

We'll see how this series goes though...i think the Cavs have some things the can do to really give this thing a go. We'll see...

Good post, bro. :cheers:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-05-2016, 12:44 PM

Best post in the thread.

Somebody will call you out for "discrediting" Jerry West though. You damn cretin!

Dresta
06-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Yeah, I'm not exactly one to buy into the "well a former great said it, so it must be true!" but in the instance of Jerry West, the guy is pretty much proven on almost every level imaginable when it comes to pro ball.

His opinion is actually worth something because he's proven. It's not like that of a Michael Jordan in which the guy was clearly the best on court player around but couldn't put together a winning team, off the floor, to save his life. I also know there's no way he'd be able to coach because he'd belittle people too much. This is Jerry West... proven on all levels.

This board has gone to shit... I mean, it's been in a constant spiral for years but this past year or two has gotten really, really bad.

Can you please delete my account if the Cavs lose this series? Guess I'm going to have to beg Jeff to do it.Sorry, but his opinion isn't worth shit when it is in direct contradiction of the facts. He said Lebron was underdog in all of his last 6 finals: that is a palpable falsehood.

Kblaze can justify the guy with a long-winded post about how everyone is dumb for not agreeing with him, and listing all his achievements as if that were relevant, when none of this means everyone ought to be compelled to nod their heads along in agreement to an assertion that is objectively false.

NBAGOAT
06-05-2016, 12:52 PM

this post is pretty good but I disagree with one statement, I don't think arguably any of the top 20 GOATs win 2 titles. I'm pretty sure most of them could've won in 11. 12 and 13 are arguably the two best years of Lebron's career however and not sure even 5 guys have better peaks than those 2 years. With Bosh being injured in 12, someone worse could've definitely lost to the Celtics. Obviously the 13 Finals and ECF were pretty close(even if the Pacers weren't legit contender).

stalkerforlife
06-05-2016, 12:55 PM
Best post in the thread.

Somebody will call you out for "discrediting" Jerry West though. You damn cretin!

:lol

Hey Yo
06-05-2016, 12:58 PM

Who were these 3 all-nba players and all-stars he joined up with??

DMAVS41
06-05-2016, 01:09 PM
Who were these 3 all-nba players and all-stars he joined up with??

Sorry...I mean 2...not 3.

Disaprine
06-05-2016, 01:21 PM
unlike bran, west took those loses seriously. I respect him a lot to keep going after the celtics despite all the crap he went through. :applause:

Hey Yo
06-05-2016, 01:23 PM
Sorry...I mean 2...not 3.
Bosh made the all-nba team once....2007, 2nd team.

If he had made 1st team the year before he he joined Miami, then you could call him an all-nba player.

DMAVS41
06-05-2016, 01:47 PM
Bosh made the all-nba team once....2007, 2nd team.

If he had made 1st team the year before he he joined Miami, then you could call him an all-nba player.

I can call him whatever I like actually.

He made the all nba team before he joined Lebron and he was definitely that type of player.

But what is your point?

That because Bosh didn't make multiple all nba teams before...he wasn't that good or something?

Meh....it just grows tiresome...there is so much extreme on both ends.

West saying it's ridiculous to talk about Lebron in the finals...is actually...a ridiculous statement.

Just like it's silly to say losing before the finals is better.

Just like it's silly to question the greatness of Lebron.

Just like it's silly to pretend the East hasn't been a cake walk overall for 6 years now...

Just like it's silly to ignore how little help Lebron had in the 14 playoffs...

Just like it's silly to ignore just how historically bad Lebron was in the 11 finals...

Etc. etc. etc....

WindmiLL
06-05-2016, 02:10 PM

Like...we have to mention that.

I never understood why people constantly bring this up like this is supposed to mean he had more ''help'' because he joined with other great players and not formed that team through drafts or trades or whatever. Other all time greats had TOP 10 players in their prime by their sides and supporting casts of role players and star players Lebron never had. Yea you can call him a bitch, hypocrite, attack his character or whatever but that won't change the fact that other legends had greater players by their side(consequently more help) and that was never brought up against them.

So no, you really don't have to mention that cause from a basketball standpoint that really doesn't matter. It would matter if we would be evaluating Lebron's character on here but that's not something basketball board is about is it?

r0drig0lac
06-05-2016, 02:13 PM
wut?

GINOBILI!
06-05-2016, 02:16 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/SBondyNYDN/status/739184746790424576
Except West claimed LeBron was never the favorite, which is absolutely false.

Springsteen
06-05-2016, 02:58 PM

No one can really argue against the fact Lebron should be winning more titles if he really wants to be in the ranks of Micheal Jordan and Bill Russell.

But do you really think he's NOT a top 10 player?

La Frescobaldi
06-05-2016, 04:21 PM

Elgin Baylor went 0-8.

Of the Finals I saw back then, Elgin Baylor choked in every one. Cost the Lakers a ring in 1969 and again in 1970 with his choking failing chumpness. His defense was always terrible but he didn't even bother with it when it really counted.

Not even Wilt Chamberlain could carry the dead weight of Elgin Baylor. The Lakers had to dump Baylor before they could win a ring.

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 04:35 PM

No, thanks.

True "basketball aficionados"? Like who? You and groups of internet trolls so bereft of information and new ideas you latch on to every meme and gif for weeks/months at the time to make points for you as others in your group of empty headed clowns post emoticons in agreement?

You dont have shit to say about basketball and im not sure you ever have.

The only question is if you are actually as stupid as you present or if you are trolling in every post like Mr Jabbar.

Phong
06-05-2016, 04:45 PM
How many times has he been the favorite? None. Zero. Grossly unfair to him.

Jerry West is either getting senile or he let his emotions speak and not his brain.

Hey Yo
06-05-2016, 04:49 PM
True "basketball aficionados"? Like who? You and groups of internet trolls so bereft of information and new ideas you latch on to every meme and gif for weeks/months at the time to make points for you as others in your group of empty headed clowns post emoticons in agreement?

The only question is if you are actually as stupid as you present or if you are trolling in every post like Mr Jabbar.
:oldlol:

poor stalker just got sizzled

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Best post in the thread.

You know gotdamn well there are some straight up idiots in these topics and I was responding to comments by several in the first 25 or so posts. Disagree with me all day....I dont care if anyone thinks im right. But some of these guys are simply...stupid. And ignorant. Depending on which one...it leans one way more than the other.

Me...even people who think im stupid know im not ignorant...not on the subject of basketball and its history. I may or may not be right....but its not because I dont keep up with the subject matter. This forum is packed with people who are flat out....stupid....while also being ignorant.

Which is a combo im becoming less and less patient with.

Some people are stupid...they just dont see the world the way others do...fine. But you choose to stay ignorant. There are some idiots out there with a head full of knowledge on th subjects they care about.

One of the people I was referring to made a topic claiming that Pau Gasol benefited more career wise from playing with Kobe...than anyone ever did from playing with someone else. Of course...Kc Jones won 2 national titles, a gold medal, and 8 NBA titles playing with Russell for ALL 11 of them...and made the HOF as player as a 7/3 defensive specialist who never made an all star team. So of course he benefited more from Bill than Pau from Kobe. Its not that someone is expected to know such things..they arent important....its that people who dont...and remain willfully ignorant...insist on acting like they do and making far reaching statements about history anyway.

I read through topic after topic of these clearly know nothing cretins(...) not only making these statements but popping off about some intimate basketball knowledge and how such and such is unprecedented and how "Never in history...." and its just....unsettling.

This much stupid...blended with this much ignorance....is unsettling. That I manage to limit my responses to it to 1-2 a week is something of a minor miracle considering how much of an obsessive douchebag im capable of being when annoyed.

zizozain
06-05-2016, 05:09 PM

Jerry West is either getting senile or he let his emotions speak and not his brain.
it's a mind game ... West is a Golden State Warriors executive board member, What makes him say that NOW?

sending message to lebron that it's ok to lose this Finals.

remember when Magick said Rondo is the best point guard in NBA 2010 during the Finals?
or what Kareem said about Howard during 2009 Finals?

stalkerforlife
06-05-2016, 05:23 PM

I'm pointing out facts.

You're the one that's trolling.

Everyone knows exactly why he's been to 6 straight finals, including you.

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 05:32 PM
Of course I know why. beating everyone in his path. Doesnt hurt that the Bulls, Heat, and Pacers have been destroyed by injury for many of the years. Nobody ever heard me say Lebron is ____ because of making the finals. hell im not sure ive even moved his ranking from before he won 2 rings. That isnt the kind of shit I really concern myself with.

SamuraiSWISH
06-05-2016, 05:34 PM
2011 should've been a title lock.

And even short handed, 2015 was winnable. LeBron just quite frankly didn't shoot well enough. If he was 5% better from the field, and put up around 40 ppg for the series. Cleveland could've done the unthinkable. He's just not comfortable being a Jordan esque volume scorer.

In 2014, he didn't play quite the way he should've, apart from games 1 and the 1st quarter of game 5 to give the Heat a better chance in the series. So he does shoulder some blame, but the rest of the roster was hobbled. He should've played that Finals more the way he did the following year v.s. the Warriors.

So only 1 loss is totally, 100% his fault. But that 2011 is about as disgusting of a performance as I can remember for a top ten player, this side of Kobe's 2004.

branslowski
06-05-2016, 05:34 PM
You know gotdamn well there are some straight up idiots in these topics and I was responding to comments by several in the first 25 or so posts. Disagree with me all day....I dont care if anyone thinks im right. But some of these guys are simply...stupid. And ignorant. Depending on which one...it leans one way more than the other.

Me...even people who think im stupid know im not ignorant...not on the subject of basketball and its history. I may or may not be right....but its not because I dont keep up with the subject matter. This forum is packed with people who are flat out....stupid....while also being ignorant.

Some people are stupid...they just dont see the world the way others do...fine. But you choose to stay ignorant. There are some idiots out there with a head full of knowledge on th subjects they care about.

One of the people I was referring to made a topic claiming that Pau Gasol benefited more career wise from playing with Kobe...than anyone ever did from playing with someone else. Of course...Kc Jones won 2 national titles, a gold medal, and 8 NBA titles playing with Russell for ALL 11 of them...and made the HOF as player as a 7/3 defensive specialist who never made an all star team. So of course he benefited more from Bill than Pau from Kobe. Its not that someone is expected to know such things..they arent important....its that people who dont...and remain willfully ignorant...insist on acting like they do and making far reaching statements about history anyway.

I read through topic after topic of these clearly know nothing cretins(...) not only making these statements but popping off about some intimate basketball knowledge and how such and such is unprecedented and how "Never in history...." and its just....unsettling.

This much stupid...blended with this much ignorance....is unsettling. That I manage to limit my responses to it to 1-2 a week is something of a minor miracle considering how much of an obsessive douchebag im capable of being when annoyed.

Gods honest truth to it all is that trolling on this forum is fun to ppl. It's the internet. With my bipolar issues I sometimes forget that and get sucked into 8 different Kobe sucks threads just to lay facts out, but for nothing really cause some posters dont understand facts just memes. But i just quickly learn from my mistake after smoking a blunt and own them at their own game. Also Kobe, Jordan, LeBron are the 3 biggest bball icons on the internet and in life. The truth behind it all is that most ppl outside this internet bball forum world has players like Kobe and LeBron in their top 5. These players have the most fans and if your a fan of 1 then your tryna prove why He's greater than the other with Factd or trolling. Also I'm sure 70% of the posters on this forum have no one in real life to love them and give them the attention they seek, so they come here to fill that void.

You're a good poster and I've seen you over the years make some great post, but just like a futbol forum that has Messi, Ronaldo and Pele fans will be lit over their fav players, this one will be aswell. How bout you make threads and discuss things in them?.. At the end of the day, the bad posters and trolling actually brings extra views to this forum which places extra bread in the owner of this place's pockets. What you need to worry bout is getting a piece of the pie fam.

Real14
06-05-2016, 05:40 PM
I'm pointing out facts.

You're the one that's trolling.

Everyone knows exactly why he's been to 6 straight finals, including you.
Exactly. I respect Kblaze as a great and intelligent poster but he do troll sometimes especially when he defends lebron. He act like he writes and works for BSPN.

Optimus Prime
06-05-2016, 05:45 PM

This is an excellent post and pretty much spot-on. Well except for the last part...I've already got my broom ready.

:kobe:

KiiiiNG
06-05-2016, 05:48 PM
Gods honest truth to it all is that trolling on this forum is fun to ppl. It's the internet. With my bipolar issues I sometimes forget that and get sucked into 8 different Kobe sucks threads just to lay facts out, but for nothing really cause some posters dont understand facts just memes. But i just quickly learn from my mistake after smoking a blunt and own them at their own game. Also Kobe, Jordan, LeBron are the 3 biggest bball icons on the internet and in life. The truth behind it all is that most ppl outside this internet bball forum world has players like Kobe and LeBron in their top 5. These players have the most fans and if your a fan of 1 then your tryna prove why He's greater than the other with Factd or trolling. Also I'm sure 70% of the posters on this forum have no one in real life to love them and give them the attention they seek, so they come here to fill that void.

You're a good poster and I've seen you over the years make some great post, but just like a futbol forum that has Messi, Ronaldo and Pele fans will be lit over their fav players, this one will be aswell. How bout you make threads and discuss things in them?.. At the end of the day, the bad posters and trolling actually brings extra views to this forum which places extra bread in the owner of this place's pockets. What you need to worry bout is getting a piece of the pie fam.
The thing I dislike about real-life kobe fans, is that they have absolutely no clue about the history of the game. None. They'll say Kobe is the second best after Jordan. Literally had one kid say just yesterday Kobe was second GOAT. I laughed in his face and started rattling off dudes like kareem, magic, bird, LeBron, etc. and he had :biggums: this look on his face. And I've noticed Kobe fans are really into isolation moves and crossovers and fadeways... all the flashy stuff. They can't comprehend winning/team basketball, and over-hype nonsense moves/shots.

Most Kobe fans just don't know anything in general. If you're a die-hard kobe fan, you're more than likely a ****ing idiot. Most people respect Kobe, but it's the die-hard fans like yourself who have intelligent dudes shaking their heads in disgust.

Old Man River
06-05-2016, 05:55 PM
1/9

2/6

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Exactly. I respect Kblaze as a great and intelligent poster but he do troll sometimes especially when he defends lebron. He act like he writes and works for BSPN.

You...im not sure about. You type like an idiot...but in such a way that its clear youre making an effort to do it...like a troll would. It isnt how people think....you think of a word...then use some nonsense way of spelling it like a middle schooler. Im not sure you have made a good point ever.....but I dont think youre trying to be funny either. Like this bullshit earlier:

Its the kind of thing that forces me to examine for a moment what you could be trying to say. Now....when Larry Bird says this:

Bird was asked if he feels bad for LeBron because of all the recent criticism:

“He brought a lot of it on himself, but here’s what I feel about LeBron: he’s as good as anyone that’s ever played this game. I think he’s going to win a lot of titles; I think he’s going to continue to get better. To me, he’s an amazing athlete, he’s never been hurt, he’s got the body of a football player and he’s got skill. I just think he’s off the charts good.

And I think his time is going to come. I think they did a remarkable job in Miami this year bringing that team together and getting where they got. They’ll get better next year. Their time is going to come if he stays healthy, and he’s going to have a lot of success in this league and win championships.”

Are you imagining some little "BSPN" stooge in the back of the room holding a sack with a dollar sign getting Bird to say it?

When Magic Johnson...says Lebron is on his Mt.Rushmore of NBA players....you assume a guy worth half a billion is being paid off? With what? Does ESPN send Mike greenberg over to one of magics palaces with a briefcase and his instructions? You couldnt fit enough money in a briefcase to matter to Magic Johnson.

Maybe Rick Barry says something like this:

“I think LeBron is the greatest three to ever play the game. And as great as he is, he still has room for improvement. If that was ever to happen and he really refined his game more, they may have to outlaw him, he’s so good. He’s an anomaly, I mean he really is. There’s never been anybody like him with his size, his athleticism, his feel for the game.”

And then...what? Goes online to see if Disney sent the deposit they promised?

That you actually would think there is a network of people getting legends to support Lebron with bribes and hush money to give false opinions/withhold the truth?

Its almost too far to believe....you believe it. So that would make you a troll. But....as I said....im not sure. You could just be that stupid.

Optimus Prime
06-05-2016, 06:03 PM

1. It is literally impossible to have a reasonable discussion with LeBron stans (and their armies of alts), so most of us post GIFs and memes for fun and to at least get some laughs out of it all.

2. It has been obvious lately that you are one of those LeBron stans, so of course your jimmies are rustled. You used to be one of the better posters here, but I guess LeBron going 2 for 5 over the last few years on super-stacked teams in a historically terrible conference has you a bit shook.

3. I have great respect for Jerry West, with him being the Logo and myself being a Lakers fan and all, but he is flat-out wrong. He even played the "LeBron needs more help!" card. This is the type of stuff that makes it so easy to hate on LeBron. You could build a bridge to the moon with all the excuses and "bu...bu...buts!" that are constantly used to pander to LeBron.

branslowski
06-05-2016, 06:08 PM
The thing I dislike about real-life kobe fans, is that they have absolutely no clue about the history of the game. None. They'll say Kobe is the second best after Jordan. Literally had one kid say just yesterday Kobe was second GOAT. I laughed in his face and started rattling off dudes like kareem, magic, bird, LeBron, etc. and he had :biggums: this look on his face. And I've noticed Kobe fans are really into isolation moves and crossovers and fadeways... all the flashy stuff. They can't comprehend winning/team basketball, and over-hype nonsense moves/shots.

Most Kobe fans just don't know anything in general. If you're a die-hard kobe fan, you're more than likely a ****ing idiot. Most people respect Kobe, but it's the die-hard fans like yourself who have intelligent dudes shaking their heads in disgust.

You say this but LeBron stans have the most dumb trolls around. I see Kobe fans like markmadsen, ohthehorror, tpols, magic32 exc posting nothing but facts and then you know wat reponce comes next? A meme of Kobe holding a door open and lol smiles from 4 Bron stans like yourself. Most real life Kobe fans are fans of Jordan aswell and view Kobe as the best since MJ inwhich he is. Then you got the nerve to say they know nothing about winning ball when Kobe has 5 titles.

Now are there the select few morons from Kobe's camp who thinks he's the GOAT? Yea, but there are far more high IQ Kobe fans out there. Plus Most Kobe fans are years older than the nee twitter Bron stans.

stalkerforlife
06-05-2016, 06:16 PM

You seem to be taking the inevitable 2/7 very hard.

And if I'm not mistaken, you turned your back on Bran once he cowardly left your team before.

You should've never welcomed him back.

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Stans, alts, rustled jimmies, and 2 for 5 in one post?

I literally....and im being 100% serious....facepalmed towards the end of that.

How on earth people find amusement coming to a forum to say nothing.....thousands of times...is beyond me.

To just...do the shit....same points...same worn put phrases...same gif...same memes...EVERY time?

Every single time?

Im not above posting a funny pic, or a gif, or a pop culture reference.....but when you have an "army" posting the exact same thing to another "army" all day doing the same thing....how do you not get sick of eachother?

I can barely stand to wade into this nonsense for a few posts at a time. Ive had both sides call me a hater of their side/lover of the other not that either side notices when I defend theirs. Its about the same level of irrational nonsense coming from either end....and I just dont see how some of you can do it.

Not every ****ing time you come on here.

Isnt it draining?

ArbitraryWater
06-05-2016, 06:19 PM
2011 should've been a title lock.

And even short handed, 2015 was winnable. LeBron just quite frankly didn't shoot well enough. If he was 5% better from the field, and put up around 40 ppg for the series. Cleveland could've done the unthinkable. He's just not comfortable being a Jordan esque volume scorer.

In 2014, he didn't play quite the way he should've, apart from games 1 and the 1st quarter of game 5 to give the Heat a better chance in the series. So he does shoulder some blame, but the rest of the roster was hobbled. He should've played that Finals more the way he did the following year v.s. the Warriors.

So only 1 loss is totally, 100% his fault. But that 2011 is about as disgusting of a performance as I can remember for a top ten player, this side of Kobe's 2004.

expecting too much if we now want to act like fatique isn't a thing.

damn

so what do you want? Because this 2011-2016 stretch has been a large portion of his prime, so anytime someone warrants his great play over those years and says 'he's made 6 straight finals' you're riled up and want an asterisk on that? 'in a shit conference while handpicking blah blah blah' ?

The guy hasn't had ONE bad series since the 2011 finals..... his supporting cast since then has had PLENTY of off series'.... and you act like everyone could achieve 6 straight finals, when its only been done once by Russell in the 60's...

Like he hasn't faced adversity throughout this run. Like he didn't need to be SPECTACULAR for them to overcome their opponents.

It all comes down to the ridiculous standards of his. He has needed to be absolutely great in order for this to happen, he was, not one off series, and apparently, he can't get any credit for it, because people like you act any great from MJ to the end of the top 30 would have done it.

tis still true.. DMAVS disappointing in here... there are only a HANDFUL of guys who'd win the title in 2013 (2012 anyway, only MJ/Kareem/Shaq/peak Wilt)... what he did, with a second option at 16 ppg and third option at 12 ppg is pretty historic.

The ECF, leading the team in virtually all statistical categories as his sidekicks go missing, again? Also historic.

But we're still acting like anyone could have done it. :rolleyes:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-05-2016, 06:23 PM

I really don't see anything wrong with the "first 20 or 25 posts" other than branslowski's joke, one-liner. And that was actually funny.

You took offense to that (or whatever it is that I simply am not seeing), and went on a wild tangent about others not "respecting" Jerry West.

Sure, you got some decent basketball opinions, and there are posts you've made that I have co-signed, but its becoming obvious you're awkwardly emotional and overly invested in this subject...the subject of LeBron and anything you perceive negative towards him. Honestly it's becoming clockwork watching you pop up in threads trying to defend him. :oldlol:

People just aren't going to agree with you...Jerry West...or ESPN who recently came out with a f*cking winshares article just to save face for their cash cow and an incoming finals loss.

Real14
06-05-2016, 06:23 PM
Kblaze, the all time greats were just expressing their love for his talent and potential. I don't think they respect him as a top 10 player. I also think that LeBron genetically is the top 5 athletic ball players of all time but I don't respect him. LeBron is a very gifted player who was pampered since high school and got just about everything he wanted. I can't respect him like that cuz he super stack his team every damn year and don't put his all out there when it counts. You think M.J respect that shit?? I doubted.

Like I said, LeBron's gifts and talents are one of the best ever but for his attitude with quitting when people need him the most, he will never be considered REAL top 10. He's a great example of somebody who's supposed to be the chosen one and wound up being a coward. I don't hate him, i just want him to be the man that he supposed to be. Too bad he don't deserve that "king" title, and too bad he don't want it.

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 06:25 PM
You seem to be taking the inevitable 2/7 very hard.

And if I'm not mistaken, you turned your back on Bran once he cowardly left your team before.

You should've never welcomed him back.

Of course youre mistaken. Being mistaken is what you do. Thats why I lean towards stupid with you...and not trolling. Though in fairness this is more of an ignorance issue. RBA is probably who youre thinking of. You know...the Cavs fan.

FireDavidKahn
06-05-2016, 06:26 PM
Damn, Kblaze is absolutely slaying people right now. :bowdown:

KiiiiNG
06-05-2016, 06:33 PM
Of course youre mistaken. Being mistaken is what you do. Thats why I lean towards stupid with you...and not trolling. Though in fairness this is more of an ignorance issue. RBA is probably who youre thinking of. You know...the Cavs fan.
Nope... he just has no ability to come to right conclusions. He's a 34 year old jobless hermit bro. You're literally 'arguing' with someone who epitomizes the word loser in every capacity. It's an overall BRAIN issue with him. He's both lazy AND retarded. Those are just the facts. I actually like the guy and feel sorry for him... but I think it's best if we all collectively stop engaging him for the forums good. His cancer is affecting EVERYBODY now.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-05-2016, 06:37 PM
Nope... he just has no ability to come to right conclusions. He's a 34 year old jobless hermit bro. You're literally 'arguing' with someone who epitomizes the word loser in every capacity. It's an overall BRAIN issue with him. He's both lazy AND retarded. Those are just the facts. I actually like the guy and feel sorry for him... but I think it's best if we all collectively stop engaging him for the forums good. His cancer is affecting EVERYBODY now.

God damn, you guys are ruthless.

Stalker might have crazy ass opinions, but the guy seems like he means well.

Hell, I'm pretty sure I've seen him put LeBron in his top 10...for whatever that's worth. :lol

ArbitraryWater
06-05-2016, 06:38 PM

Hell, I'm pretty sure I've seen him put LeBron in his top 10...for whatever that's worth. :lol

definitely NOT lol

Real14
06-05-2016, 06:41 PM

Why u gotta bring Justin down like that man? What are you doing that's so positive and productive in life? :coleman:

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 06:47 PM
I really don't see anything wrong with the "first 20 or 25 posts" other than branslowski's joke, one-liner. And that was actually funny.

You took offense to that (or whatever it is that I simply am not seeing), and went on a wild tangent about others not "respecting" Jerry West.

If you think thats a "wild tangent" by my standards you dont know me well. I once wrote a topic that was 64,000 words.

Ive been known to include video/gif/bathroom breaks in some unusually long posts.

I dont say anything at all unless im going to explain fully...why I think it.

Sure, you got some decent basketball opinions, and there are posts you've made that I have co-signed, but its fairly obvious you're deeply and overly invested in this subject...the subject of LeBron and anything you perceive negative towards him.

Im deeply and overly invested in virtually all aspects of basketball. Just so happens stupid comments pool around a few players at different times. This was more about West than anything. Oddly enough last time I even talked about west? Arguing with Pauk who was listing Lebrons accolades compared to west....and including how many player of the week awards Lebron had...as if they existed in the 60s.

Reading through that topic reminds me of a run when the Lebron side of this forever war apparently decided I hated him. Pauk for one told me:

The only difference between you and those other narrowminded, unreasonable posters in this forum is your richer vocabulary....

because I called him something like an ever evolving virus. I was a little amused by his comment there for the record.

The one thing everyone agrees with when I go into these things....I clearly hate their guy and love the other guy.

And whats funny to me....im not sure ive ever even said Lebron is top 10. Or as good as Magic or Bird. Or better than Hakeem. Or Duncan. The only top 10 list I can even find me doing...ever?

I dont really have a list. There are some people I wouldnt be upset if someone thought were the greatest of all time. Thats

Jordan
Kareem
Wilt
Russell
Bird
Magic

Not in any order.

Then Shaq, Duncan, West, Kobe, Hakeem, Lebron, Doctor J, Oscar, Baylor, and maybe even Moses I wouldnt get into a big argument over in any order from 6-16. And I might let Hondo and Pettit in there too.

Breaking those guys up always comes down to who the person talking is trying to prop up. There is nothing id call concrete to kick any of them out.

If you had Kobe 7th I wouldnt start an argument over it...and I wouldnt care if hes 13th.

There is a case to be made.

If its halfway reasonable I dont care what number any of them are given.

The way some talk you would think I had Lebron top 5.

It's becoming clockwork these days. People just aren't going to agree with you, West or ESPN that recently came out with a f*cking winshares article just to save face for their cash cow and an incoming finals loss.

"People" are stupid and everyone thinks so....until the very moment people agree with them.

The average fan doesnt know who 90% of the hall of fame is. I dont expect "people" to have an opinion I need to concern myself with.

90sgoat
06-05-2016, 06:48 PM

I don't know about the importance of this arbitratry top 10 and if matters that much. I have Lebron in the top 10-20, but that's because things are a lot less clear outside the top 8 or so.

Here is who I definitely have above Lebron:

MJ
Kareem
Bird
Magic
Wilt
Shaq
Duncan
Hakeem (due to all time high peak)

Then here is where it gets tricky. Then you have a lot of guys who either lack the rings or have the rings but eye test just isn't that clear:

Kobe
Sir Charles
Karl Malone
Oscar Robertson
Julius Erving
Jerry West
John Havlicek

This is where Lebron belongs in my book. The reason is, if I replace either of the above with Lebron on his two Miami ring teams, do they win or not?

Sir Charles on those Miami teams, a player very similar to the way Lebron played, yeah he gets two too. Malone and his damn near 2 decades of 30-10, yeah he wins too. Julius Erving, another big 3, who also plays an attacking penetrating game, probably also wins and so on.

Lebron could be top 9 or he could be top 15 or top 17, but there's no real way to settle it imo.

What matters is he is not in that very top tier like the one's I have first.

KiiiiNG
06-05-2016, 06:51 PM

That's what I'm saying though.. he's a good guy, but jesus ****ing christ, at a certain point you gotta stop the neighborhood retard from ruining all the fun. Jeff/Steve are the neglectful parents in this case who let their troubled kid run freely to peoples yards while he's posted up in peoples driveways and shit. That ain't cool. He's everywhere dude... his smelly pungent aura is too hard to ignore...

I'm ****ing downright sick of it to be honest with you. He seems to disappear when I bully him, so that's the only effective method I have right now to use in an effort to help save a forum I actually once enjoyed coming to.

houston
06-05-2016, 06:53 PM
1-8 loser defends 2-7 loser

BIG SUPRISE

:oldlol: yea indeed

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 06:57 PM

Ive generally steered away from bringing up those kinds of things.

Im sure ISH has a lot more food stamp abusing....jobless....losers...than we know. Most just wont come out and admit it.

You KNOW a lot of ISH has to be fat guys. Just looking at the kind of person to sit online as much as many of us?

Internet forums are the home of chubby, friend zoned, short dicked, no future, know nothing but strong opinion having losers....and the rare exception that most of those guys pretend they are.

He just comes right out and owns it.

There is something to respect there.

Not much. But something.

stalkerforlife
06-05-2016, 07:04 PM

Sure, you got some decent basketball opinions, and there are posts you've made that I have co-signed, but its becoming obvious you're awkwardly emotional and overly invested in this subject...the subject of LeBron and anything you perceive negative towards him. Honestly it's becoming clockwork watching you pop up in threads trying to defend him. :oldlol:

People just aren't going to agree with you...Jerry West...or ESPN who recently came out with a f*cking winshares article just to save face for their cash cow and an incoming finals loss.

Old McDonald had a farm and on that farm he had a dog and B I N G O was his name-o.

stalkerforlife
06-05-2016, 07:08 PM

Hell no you haven't.

My criteria for top 10 involves not leaving your team twice in your prime to form two separate super teams in a historically weak conference.

ArbitraryWater
06-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Ive generally steered away from bringing up those kinds of things.

Im sure ISH has a lot more food stamp abusing....jobless....losers...than we know. Most just wont come out and admit it.

You KNOW a lot of ISH has to be fat guys. Just looking at the kind of person to sit online as much as many of us?

Internet forums are the home of chubby, friend zoned, short dicked, no future, know nothing but strong opinion having losers....and the rare exception that most of those guys pretend they are.

He just comes right out and owns it.

There is something to respect there.

Not much. But something.

dammit blaze :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-05-2016, 07:23 PM
If you think thats a "wild tangent" by my standards you dont know me well. I once wrote a topic that was 64,000 words.

Whatever the case, it was totally out of bounce.

What made you post that, exactly? The Elton John joke? :oldlol:

Im deeply and overly invested in virtually all aspects of basketball.

Sure, but you just so happen to be in these topics every time a "legit" one with a respectable number of replies comes along. When it pertains to LeBron? You'll be there just as the caped crusader would when he sees the bat signal in the sky.

This was more about West than anything.

Right, but who originally disrespected Jerry West is what I'm asking... :confusedshrug:

I also never claimed you haven't went against LeBron in other debates, its just funny watching you defend him the way you do.

"People" are stupid and everyone thinks so....until the very moment people agree with them.

Meh, some people just don't agree on things. Especially when it comes to LeBron and his so-called legacy.

I'll put it like this... Remember that thread you said Dirk without a jumper would be Channing god damned Frye ? See...to me that was just f*cking stupid. :oldlol: I STILL don't know whether that was a troll or not. Maybe a "blend of the two" as you eloquently put it... Point being, I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. Its a wild ass opinion, but like this topic, not something to obsess over.

People just aren't gonna agree. Its really that simple.

Hell no you haven't.

My criteria for top 10 involves not leaving your team twice in your prime to form two separate super teams in a historically weak conference.

:roll:

Stalker being stalker, man.

FreezingTsmoove
06-05-2016, 07:24 PM
What a meltdown

I expected LeStans to just shy away from ISH around June but damn yall are really taking 2/7 personally

stalkerforlife
06-05-2016, 07:27 PM
What a meltdown

I expected LeStans to just shy away from ISH around June but damn yall are really taking 2/7 personally

I think they still have hope...that should end soon. :lol

Real14
06-05-2016, 07:29 PM
I think they still have hope...that should end soon. :lol
Hopefully tonight :oldlol:

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 07:32 PM
I appear in all big Lebron topics? At a glance...there are 15ish big(around 40+ posts...where I came into this topic) Lebron topic in the first 3 pages....none of them am I involved in. I usually dont even see what goes on in Lebron topics till reported posts flood in. Dont read Lebron and Kobe topics for the most part. I read this topic because of Jerry West.

I suspect im in about 1 Lebron topic in 30. Maybe in 50.

Looking through the first 5 pages...I believe its about 2 in 60 and one of them was a 1 line reply.

Its entirely possible I only pop up in 1 Lebron topic in 50.

This is one of those things people "feel"...but is as a matter of fact not true. I barely post at all about anyone.

tpols
06-05-2016, 07:35 PM
I appear in all big Lebron topics? At a glance...there are 15ish big(around 40+ posts...where I came into this topic) Lebron topic in the first 3 pages....none of them am I involved in. I usually dont even see what goes on in Lebron topics till reported posts flood in. Dont read Lebron and Kobe topics for the most part. I read this topic because of Jerry West.

I suspect im in about 1 Lebron topic in 30. Maybe in 50.

Looking through the first 5 pages...I believe its about 2 in 60 and one of them was a 1 line reply.

Its entirely possible I only pop up in 1 Lebron topic in 50.

This is one of those things people "feel"...but is as a matter of fact not true. I barely post at all about anyone.

you have been melting down in this thread over 2/7 since the wee hours of the morning last night.

it's time to put it to rest.

ArbitraryWater
06-05-2016, 07:38 PM
you have been melting down in this thread over 2/7 since the wee hours of the morning last night.

pretty sure thats just how he writes about everything

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 07:38 PM
And you have the Dirk thing twisted. I said Dirk without a jumper...wouldnt justify the playing time to be a star. And he wouldnt. Not that it matters. Many people in the HOF are there for one skill justifying big minutes. Big if Dirk cant shoot....hes athletic for his size but not enough to just be a defense/rebound guy. He got heavy minutes to get a lot of rebounds on fast paced playoff teams early in his career....but the kind of people who are just stoppers and bigtime rebounders dont need 44 minutes a game to get 12. He wont play for his playmaking...he would be...another guy. A smart bigman in someones rotation.

Its not as much of an insult as it probably sounds. If ____ couldnt ____ is a dumb discussion to have to begin with.

Might as well argue what Shaq would be if he were 210 pounds.

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 07:43 PM

I dont know how I forgot "melting down" in my list of nonsense earlier.

If this is a melt down ive been melting down over everything for 15 years.

I have money on the warriors to win....because I have two fairly unreasonable Cavs fan friends. Im not worried about 2/7 any more than im worried about rustled jimmies, "We win...again!", stans, alts, and other dumb internet bullshit.

I want someone to have a reasonable discussion with. And I see gangs of straight up...idiots. And its frustrating. Ive been here since Lebron was in the 9th grade. To talk ball. Maybe it will be better once hes gone. Kobes gone. Once hes gone maybe we have a period of peace.

This shit is awful right now.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-05-2016, 07:48 PM
I don't need a recap, Blaze. I was there with you and DMAVS when it happened. :oldlol:

But yeah, I actually think the topics now are WAY better than ones just some-odd months ago.

When ESPN came out with their 'greatest players' list? Nothing but LeBron trolls posted here for weeks. Holy shit that was awful.

Real14
06-05-2016, 07:52 PM
I don't need a recap, Blaze. I was there with you and DMAVS when it happened. :oldlol:

But yeah, I actually think the topics now are WAY better than ones just some-odd months ago.

When ESPN came out with their 'greatest players' list? Nothing but LeBron trolls posted here for weeks. Holy shit that was awful.
I concur

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 07:52 PM
There are 19 Lebron topics on the first page. Not Cavs/final topics. 19 about Lebron personally. Its just......____. Isnt it?

Isnt it ____? Can we all agree on that? That its ____ as hell?

branslowski
06-05-2016, 07:57 PM
I just wanna say that the Elton John joke wasn't to belittle West, it was just the fact that if I lost alot of Finals I'd be butthurt over ppl clowning another person losing lots of Finals cause you feel his pain and get flashbacks..Like when Amber Rose did the slut walk cause dudes be callin shawties thots who let everybody smash. Sh!t if someone was knocking people for selling drugs I'd give a few paragraphs on why selling drugs doesn't make you a horrible person.

I also agree with alot of what Kblaze was saying, but I also notice that the whole LeBron trolls vs Kobe trolls epedimic didn't truely set him off til he started seeing 2/7 being posted everywhere. I guess losin ain't fun til the homies get some.

Real14
06-05-2016, 08:00 PM
There are 19 Lebron topics on the first page. Not Cavs/final topics. 19 about Lebron personally. Its just......____. Isnt it?

Isnt it ____? Can we all agree on that? That its ____ as hell?
I agree it's messed up but just like a NBA all time great once said... he did it to himself.

Kblaze8855
06-05-2016, 08:02 PM
If you think my hatred for both of these groups of trolls started recently you have not been paying attention.

And the Elton John joke was nothing to me. Mostly these two:

And Real14 acting like these guys have to be paid off to have these opinions.

I know everyone isnt gonna have the respect I have for NBA history...I dont expect it....I dont require it to think someone knows basketball. You can know the game and not care what happened in the past.

But disrespecting guys like Jerry West...guys who built this game...who gave their lives to it....did everything...scouted...coached...built title teams....helped build these Warriors. To boil down his opinions to him being a loser and paid off?

These clowns annoy me...all the time. But it only justifies a real response when I find it disrespectful. I can see how it would look when many of the disrespectful clowns of ISH seem to be on one side of this eternal argument...but when I see it I dont care.

We clowning Jerry West? The don....actual logo of the NBA....about his credibility and valid basketball opinions? These guys? On Jerry West?

Im surprised I kept it as nice as I did.

Springsteen
06-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Why are you even bothering KBlaze? They have no rebuttal but to call you a "Lebron stan" :facepalm

DMAVS41
06-05-2016, 09:19 PM
No one can really argue against the fact Lebron should be winning more titles if he really wants to be in the ranks of Micheal Jordan and Bill Russell.

But do you really think he's NOT a top 10 player?

What?

I never said that...I said we have to mention all the context that goes along with Lebron...just like with every player.

FireDavidKahn
06-05-2016, 09:23 PM
How many players have made 6 straight finals?

Russell did it when he only had to beat one team to get there.:roll: :facepalm

DMAVS41
06-05-2016, 09:26 PM
And you have the Dirk thing twisted. I said Dirk without a jumper...wouldnt justify the playing time to be a star. And he wouldnt. Not that it matters. Many people in the HOF are there for one skill justifying big minutes. Big if Dirk cant shoot....hes athletic for his size but not enough to just be a defense/rebound guy. He got heavy minutes to get a lot of rebounds on fast paced playoff teams early in his career....but the kind of people who are just stoppers and bigtime rebounders dont need 44 minutes a game to get 12. He wont play for his playmaking...he would be...another guy. A smart bigman in someones rotation.

Its not as much of an insult as it probably sounds. If ____ couldnt ____ is a dumb discussion to have to begin with.

Might as well argue what Shaq would be if he were 210 pounds.

More lies and BS.

You clearly stated that if Dirk had the shooting ability of Channing Frye...that he'd be no better than Channing Frye.

So just stop....going on and on about other opinions like they are so stupid.

I've never read a dumber opinion on here than those Frye / Dirk comments.

Simple point is this;

It matters that Lebron has only won 2 titles in his circumstances...because his inept shooting / play in at least 2 really hurt his team. That is why the count of rings matters for him...context.

:cheers:

DMAVS41
06-05-2016, 09:29 PM
If you think my hatred for both of these groups of trolls started recently you have not been paying attention.

I know everyone isnt gonna have the respect I have for NBA history...I dont expect it....I dont require it to think someone knows basketball. You can know the game and not care what happened in the past.

But disrespecting guys like Jerry West...guys who built this game...who gave their lives to it....did everything...scouted...coached...built title teams....helped build these Warriors. To boil down his opinions to him being a loser and paid off?

These clowns annoy me...all the time. But it only justifies a real response when I find it disrespectful. I can see how it would look when many of the disrespectful clowns of ISH seem to be on one side of this eternal argument...but when I see it I dont care.

We clowning Jerry West? The don....actual logo of the NBA....about his credibility and valid basketball opinions? These guys? On Jerry West?

Credibility or not...it's a beyond stupid opinion to claim that Lebron should be free from criticism for only winning 2 rings in his career to date if he wants to have an argument with some of the best players ever.

It's West's take that is actually ridiculous...no player is above criticism.

90sgoat
06-05-2016, 10:03 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/bmujtlix2RKZG/giphy.gif

Real14
06-06-2016, 12:10 AM
Kblaze, the all time greats were just expressing their love for his talent and potential. I don't think they respect him as a top 10 player. I also think that LeBron genetically is the top 5 athletic ball players of all time but I don't respect him. LeBron is a very gifted player who was pampered since high school and got just about everything he wanted. I can't respect him like that cuz he super stack his team every damn year and don't put his all out there when it counts. You think M.J respect that shit?? I doubted.

Like I said, LeBron's gifts and talents are one of the best ever but for his attitude with quitting when people need him the most, he will never be considered REAL top 10. He's a great example of somebody who's supposed to be the chosen one and wound up being a coward. I don't hate him, i just want him to be the man that he supposed to be. Too bad he don't deserve that "king" title, and too bad he don't want it.

No response just like I thought.

tpols
06-06-2016, 12:13 AM
ay yo kblaze how mad are you right now cuz? :yaohappy:

Real14
06-06-2016, 12:25 AM
ay yo kblaze how mad are you right now cuz? :yaohappy:
He probably getting his "Pauk" type long essays ready right now :lol

Kblaze8855
06-06-2016, 12:43 AM
No response like you thought? Like you hit me with some well thought out brilliantly put together post to be run from? You are 10 thousand + posts in without me having seen one of note. The streak was not broken.

ay yo kblaze how mad are you right now cuz?

Really?

Let me tell you what happened since he game started.

We drank some beers, turned it off to watch game of thrones, my cousin updated us on the score when it ended....so we didnt bother going to DVR to see what we missed. At the end I checked a fb post from a friend of mine who got me to make a crying jordan face photo of a cousin who is repping the Cavs.

This here:

http://s33.postimg.org/qo0952gcv/bene.jpg

She put the order in in advance just so he could be clowned. Laughs were had. The rest of the beer drank. We watched an episode of Turn and everyone went home. Now im waiting for a text back from a friend to see if he wants to put another 20 bucks on the Cavs not winning both at home....to add to what he already lost.

You think im sitting in my house mad about the outcome of a series going exactly as I predicted? Im annoyed it has been two shitty games. I dont care if Steph wins or Lebron. If you looked into it im sure you could find me saying much more negative about Bron than Steph. 2012 aside im not sure ive ever preferred to see the Lebron led team win the title. Last year something of a tossup. 13/14? Ive always liked seeing Duncan win. Hes maybe my favorite non Bull of the last 20 years.

Im not sure ive been genuinely mad about the outcome of a playoff game the Bulls were not involved in since like 1997 when I really wanted the Rockets to make the finals so they could lose and Stockton personally kept Karl Malone in the playoffs and forced me to watch him miss that turnaround jumper 35 times.

Its basketball. Im always interested. But if the Bulls arent involved im not gonna be particulary upset.

konex
06-06-2016, 12:45 AM
Pretty self-serving of West. LeBron has to take the heat like every other great player who lost

DMAVS41
06-06-2016, 01:48 AM
Pretty self-serving of West. LeBron has to take the heat like every other great player who lost
:applause:

AirTupac
06-06-2016, 01:50 AM
Not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8...

3LiftHeatCurse
06-06-2016, 02:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/fQeQpJw.jpg

DCL
06-06-2016, 03:03 AM
this thread got heat

people are even getting called out for collecting food stamps lmao

Straight_Ballin
06-06-2016, 04:14 AM
Here's the problem with the logic of going by what the media says about lebron.....it doesn't add up to what I hear about him in REAL discussions. If the conversations I had in real life with people had bron in their top 10, it would be one thing but literally no one that I've talked to except 20 some year olds that never watched MJ think that lebron is top 10 and don't understand that 2/7 is nothing.

coin24
06-06-2016, 04:40 AM
Here's the problem with the logic of going by what the media says about lebron.....it doesn't add up to what I hear about him in REAL discussions. If the conversations I had in real life with people had bron in their top 10, it would be one thing but literally no one that I've talked to except 20 some year olds that never watched MJ think that lebron is top 10 and don't understand that 2/7 is nothing.

ESPN hype machine...

In reality just a front running colluder.