PDA

View Full Version : Latina girl explains why she hates Trump

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 11:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keKcHoXzFTo

Why can't more protesters be honest like this?

andgar923
06-04-2016, 11:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keKcHoXzFTo

Why can't more protesters be honest like this?

Your point is? :confusedshrug:

9erempiree
06-04-2016, 11:46 PM
Your point is? :confusedshrug:

If they were honest then we can just disregard what she says and chalk it up as someone who can't even vote.

By protesting...she is giving Latino Americans a bad name. She is indirectly trying to pass of as a pissed off American.

Therefore, guys like you and many others in our country have to be associated with someone like her.

We love every American equally and that includes Latinos, Blacks, Asians and every race you can think of. We don't love illegals and provocateurs like her. I am sure you already know this since you love everyone too.

One nation. One love.

andgar923
06-04-2016, 11:47 PM
If they were honest then we can just disregard what she says and chalk it up as someone who can't even vote.

By protesting...she is giving Latino Americans a bad name. She is indirectly trying to pass of as a pissed off American.

Therefore, guys like you and many others in our country have to be associated with someone like her.

We love every American equally and that includes Latinos, Blacks, Asians and every race you can think of. We don't love illegals and provocateurs like her. I am sure you already know this since you love everyone too.

One nation. One love.

You can't be.... :facepalm

Dresta
06-05-2016, 11:13 AM
The way these people behave is so outrageous, and that they get away with it is astounding. Apparently it's normal and ok to break the laws of a country and to lecture its inhabitants while doing so.

:facepalm

Overdrive
06-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Just one question: Why is not being a citizen the same as being illegal? Pretty sure you can live and work in the US without being either.

Dresta
06-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Just one question: Why is not being a citizen the same as being illegal? Pretty sure you can live and work in the US without being either.
It's not. But let's be real: that woman is an illegal :lol.

LikeABosh
06-05-2016, 12:37 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/038/866/1e0.gif

kurple
06-05-2016, 09:29 PM
The way these people behave is so outrageous, and that they get away with it is astounding. Apparently it's normal and ok to break the laws of a country and to lecture its inhabitants while doing so.

:facepalm
What is wrong about a non citizen not voting, but voicing her opinion?

I know plenty of Americans on ISH, you included who can't stop pushing their opinion on foreign politics on others. How is that any different?

It's amazing you can't see this

kurple
06-05-2016, 09:30 PM
It's not. But let's be real: that woman is an illegal :lol.
Great joke

Hawker
06-05-2016, 10:01 PM

I know plenty of Americans on ISH, you included who can't stop pushing their opinion on foreign politics on others. How is that any different?

Because it's domestic policy and not foreign. And nobody on ISH is living in your country that isnt a citizen.

bdreason
06-06-2016, 02:59 AM
The irony of her building a 'human wall' to keep an American born politician out of her 'home'.

At least she speaks English.

Jameerthefear
06-06-2016, 03:02 AM
good for her. hope she knocked some trump's supporters heads in :banana:

NumberSix
06-06-2016, 09:56 AM
good for her. hope she knocked some trump's supporters heads in :banana:
Why are you people on the left so in favor of violence?

Dresta
06-06-2016, 11:24 AM

Really? Because I have American and British citizenship, was born in Strasbourg, and am half-Polish. And I really don't talk about the internal politics of any country but the UK and USA, and by proxy, Germany (because the EU and euro makes the actions of the Germans affects the rest of Europe). I don't go around telling people in other countries how they ought to live: that's a neocon thing, and a pet-habit of political chumps like Bush, Clinton and Obama. Likewise, everyone is entitled a view on American foreign policy, because it affects the whole world, but a Mexican should not lecture Americans on what they should be doing about mass-migration; that is overstepping the bounds of common courtesy. Mexicans ought to focus on making their country into a place where people want to stay, rather than exporting all their problems across the border, and demanding US citizens sacrifice their own interests to suit theirs.

I also lived in the Netherlands for two years and didn't go around telling the Dutch about their own politics, and demanding they suit it to my needs/desires. That's generally not the way to behave when you are a guest in someone else's country, just like when you are a guest in someone's house you don't start telling them what to cook you for dinner.

It seems like you're seeing what you want to see.

UK2K
06-06-2016, 11:37 AM

Did I break any of their laws?

kurple
06-06-2016, 05:29 PM
Did I break any of their laws?
Did she?

Hawker
06-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Did she?

If she's living there illegally yes.

I would assume those that have green cards are actual contributors to society.

NumberSix
06-06-2016, 06:59 PM
Did she?
Well, we can do a little detective work here...

She speaks fluent English, but she doesn't have a Spanish accent and she doesn't have an accent from an overseas English speaking country like the UK, Ireland or Australia, so she's obviously been in America since she was very young. Chances are her parents are illegals, otherwise why would a girl who has been in America that long still not have a citizenship?

So yeah, unless she's a Canadian who just recently legally immigrated to the United States, it's pretty safe to say she's an illegal alien.

gigantes
06-07-2016, 02:52 AM
or we could perceive it for what it is-- the same sort of POV that many other latinos have, both citizens and green cards.

no. in fact, the opposite. instead of lying to advance her agenda, she tells the truth right away.

plus, what she says would be pretty typical of any foreign-born person who desired to be an american citizen and wanted to support that process.

One nation. One love.
i'm not sure what inspired you to write that heap of bullshit, but if you honestly believe all that, then donald trump is pretty much the last candidate you should be voting for.

a bully, scam artist and scatterbrained-narcissist who calls out even legit american citizens of various ethnicities does not represent what you just said.

9erempiree
06-07-2016, 03:23 AM
or we could perceive it for what it is-- the same sort of POV that many other latinos have, both citizens and green cards.

no. in fact, the opposite. instead of lying to advance her agenda, she tells the truth right away.

plus, what she says would be pretty typical of any foreign-born person who desired to be an american citizen and wanted to support that process.

i'm not sure what inspired you to write that heap of bullshit, but if you honestly believe all that, then donald trump is pretty much the last candidate you should be voting for.

a bully, scam artist and scatterbrained-narcissist who calls out even legit american citizens of various ethnicities does not represent what you just said.

I care about all my fellow Americans no matter the race. When the dust settles we are all Americans. I don't like how people are trying to portray these illegals immigrants as Latino/Latina Americans. They are not the same. Latino/Latina Americans are Americans. The woman in the video is not a citizen. It's not even hating on Mexicans because we don't know where the heck she is from.

I could be mistaken....she could very well be a Canadian, African or even Japanese. We don't know where they are from.

gigantes
06-07-2016, 03:39 AM
I care about all my fellow Americans no matter the race. When the dust settles we are all Americans. I don't like how people are trying to portray these illegals immigrants as Latino/Latina Americans. They are not the same. Latino/Latina Americans are Americans. The woman in the video is not a citizen. It's not even hating on Mexicans because we don't know where the heck she is from.

I could be mistaken....she could very well be a Canadian, African or even Japanese. We don't know where they are from.
so why do we need to make assumptions about her resident status? logically, what does she gain by saying that she's a latina without citizen status in front of a news camera?

also, your reasoning seems to be that the same person who might be distrustful and threatening is suddenly to be greeted with a loving hug, merely by being "american." i don't have a particular point to that; it's just... interesting.

in any case, i understand that on balance, more immigrants are moving from the USA to mexico than vice-versa.

for that and other reasons, i'm not convinced that the immigration problem is a real and important issue that actually needs presidential attention at this time. moreso it comes across as wingnut-speak designed to appeal to tribal instincts and those on their moral high horse. in other words, exactly the kind of bullshit rhetoric that someone like trump would indulge in.

Dresta
06-07-2016, 08:50 AM
so why do we need to make assumptions about her resident status? logically, what does she gain by saying that she's a latina without citizen status in front of a news camera?

also, your reasoning seems to be that the same person who might be distrustful and threatening is suddenly to be greeted with a loving hug, merely by being "american." i don't have a particular point to that; it's just... interesting.

in any case, i understand that on balance, more immigrants are moving from the USA to mexico than vice-versa.

for that and other reasons, i'm not convinced that the immigration problem is a real and important issue that actually needs presidential attention at this time. moreso it comes across as wingnut-speak designed to appeal to tribal instincts and those on their moral high horse. in other words, exactly the kind of bullshit rhetoric that someone like trump would indulge in.
:roll:

Firstly, it seems amazing you would say being opposed to immigration is something done from one's "moral high horse" when it couldn't more obviously be the opposite. Supporting such things come across as the cosmopolitan, caring, humanitarian (or as you put it: "non-tribal", therefore the modern and forward-looking) thing to do when examined superficially--i.e. people moralise far more in favour of immigration than against it. It's why almost all young people support it (because the young think there are simple solutions to complex problems and so moralise about such things endlessly).

Secondly, it is the great issue of the western world, and if it hadn't been made such, by angry populaces, living through the decrease in living standards and quality of life caused by unrestricted mass-migration, then the politicians would be ignoring it, we'd have amnestied another 10 million people, and encouraged a bunch more to migrate and break the law by rewarding them for doing so (as we already did during the Reagan years). Demographics are important in determining the future of a nation, and you can't absorb endless amounts of unassimilated Mexicans without becoming, well, a bit Mexican. And would you like to live in Mexico?

With automation already taking loads of unskilled time, this is the most idiotic of times to be engaged in absorbing large numbers of unskilled migrants. The vast underclass, low-wages, etc. are all a product of this. People jump over one another to favour people from across the border, but when it comes to migrants that have assimilated, and who are now US citizens, it's: "**** 'em, I want my cheap blueberries."

Countries like Sweden are undergoing demographic revolutions, and creating vast imbalances by doing so (already one of the few countries with more males that females, and an almost 50% increase in the male 15-25 group). This is not a trivial question; it's already been shown to be an undeniable fact that native countries adapt their customs and mores to suit the migrants, if their numbers are large enough. Hence the reemergence of blasphemy laws all throughout Europe. Unrestricted mass migration from the poorer parts of the world is simply not a sustainable policy. It is typical of the short-termism of modern politics.

gigantes
06-07-2016, 10:16 AM
congratulations on beating up that straw man, donkey hodey. that sure took some courage and selective reading, eh...?

#1, i was referring to "moral high horse" in the patriotic sense. that conservative folks would consider it an affront to citizens rights to allow unauthorised peoples in to the country.

#2, we were talking about the mexican immigration situation, genius. as in, the wall-building idea and the idea of mexicans being untrustworthy and all the related stupid shit that regularly spews out of the donald's mouth.

OF COURSE the world and muslim immigration issue is a huge issue right now. only a monkey on a rock doesn't get that. sheesh.

Dresta
06-07-2016, 10:48 AM
congratulations on beating up that straw man, donkey hodey. that sure took some courage and selective reading, eh...?

#1, i was referring to "moral high horse" in the patriotic sense. that conservative folks would consider it an affront to citizens rights to allow unauthorised peoples in to the country.

#2, we were talking about the mexican immigration situation, genius. as in, the wall-building idea and the idea of mexicans being untrustworthy and all the related stupid shit that regularly spews out of the donald's mouth.

OF COURSE the world and muslim immigration issue is a huge issue right now. only a monkey on a rock doesn't get that. sheesh.
Muslim immigration is the big issue in Europe, not so much in the US. The US's problem is allowing Mexicans to monopolise their immigration numbers simply because they're willing to break the law to do so.

No one bothers to address the issue because it only affects the working class in this country negatively (along with the people who can't emigrate here, or face an arduous path to doing so legally, because the government is pretending to take a stand against immigration, while allowing the country to be flooded with Mexicans); and because of the racial politicking of the era, working class whites and blacks are prevented from providing a unified front against flooding the labour market with low-skilled workers (there isn't even a party that represents labour interests any longer!!); instead, they are placed at odds by incessant propagandising. So yeah, what gives Mexicans that special privilege exactly? The fact they line the pockets of the rich and shaft the already underprivileged?

And it isn't really a matter of morals, but of law, and the supremacy of law. If the law is enforced arbitrarily then you don't really live under the rule of law, but the rule of men, men with nefarious interests and no respect for the rights of the individual, as we're well seeing.

Look, the problem is so glaring, and yet so ignored, that even a person like Donald Trump is capable of taking it up and nearly making himself President by doing so. If other politicians had bothered to address the issue seriously, even for a second, Trump would not be in the position he currently is. If the political establishment ignores the concerns of the masses for decades this is what happens.

gigantes
06-07-2016, 11:15 AM
i'd have to do more research to get a sense of whether mexican immigration is as dire a problem as you describe. as i said before, i'm not particularly convinced at this time.

#1 from what i understand, the flow of people is actually higher going from the US to mexico. #2, mexicans workers very often do jobs that even lower-class american laborers are not really interested in, such as crop harvesting, low-paying / uninsured construction, cleaning, restaurant work, etc. so i'm not sure how much they're really 'putting americans out of work'.

i'm walking out the door right now but i'll try to follow up.

NumberSix
06-07-2016, 01:06 PM
i'd have to do more research to get a sense of whether mexican immigration is as dire a problem as you describe. as i said before, i'm not particularly convinced at this time.

#1 from what i understand, the flow of people is actually higher going from the US to mexico. #2, mexicans workers very often do jobs that even lower-class american laborers are not really interested in, such as crop harvesting, low-paying / uninsured construction, cleaning, restaurant work, etc. so i'm not sure how much they're really 'putting americans out of work'.

i'm walking out the door right now but i'll try to follow up.
OMG, the pure regressiveness of this post. :facepalm

In 2014 and 2015, 1.1 million people illegally immigrated to the United States. The previous two years, 2012 and 2013, the were 700k. In 2010 and 2011, there were about 650k. The flow of illegal immigration is not going down. Going up.

It is true that the immigration of Mexican nationals has decreased. But Mexico isn't the only country that immigration (both legal and illegal) comes from.

I have no idea what number of Americans are immigrating to Mexico, but I can assure though, there are not the same numbers of Americans immigrating ILLEGALLY to Mexico.