PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 GOAT formula: 2 FMVP required, then count the rings

ripthekik
06-05-2016, 09:46 AM
Here's a formula I thought up: First of all, winning is the most important aspect of basketball, that's why rings are cherished. However, to separate role players and real players who put teams on their shoulders, we first look at the FMVP award.

However, there are a lot of "1 shot players": who only won FMVP once. It is possible their team had a great run that year, or they simply played great that series, so we eliminate guys that only have 1 FMVP such as: Kawhi Leonard, Billups, Iguodala.

This gives us a list of players who have at least 2 FMVP's, now we know these are the legends that have influenced their teams to at least 2 rings or more.

Finally, we count the amount of rings to see who is the greatest. (Unfortunately this takes out Bill Russell as he won his rings before 1968, and there were no FMVPs then, so we'll just keep that in mind for now)

1. MJ 6 Rings (6 FMVP)
2. Kareem 6 Rings (2 FMVP)
3. Magic 5 Rings (3 FMVP)
4. Duncan 5 Rings (3 FMVP)
5. Kobe 5 Rings (2 FMVP)
6. Shaq 4 Rings (3 FMVP)
7. Larry Bird 3 Rings (2 FMVP)
8. Hakeem 2 Rings (2 FMVP)
9. Lebron 2 Rings (2 FMVP)

I think the formula worked out a great list.. indeed the top 10 players (9+Russell) and the rankings are pretty accurate too.

feyki
06-05-2016, 09:52 AM
2 fmvp's + mvp's ;

Kareem
Russell/Jordan
Jordan/Russell
Wilt/Lebron
Lebron/Wilt
Magic/Bird

It's a stupid game :(

pauk
06-05-2016, 09:54 AM
Oh... so MVP doesnt count because Kobe had only 1? :oldlol:

ripthekik
06-05-2016, 09:57 AM
Read my first sentence.. it's about winning. Basketball is about winning, the goal is to win in June, not to pad the most stats during the regular season. Plus, these days, the MVP award is basically a media thing.. not much weight to it anymore

Magic 32
06-05-2016, 10:05 AM

http://assets2.sportsnet.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/nsash_shaq_640.jpg

scuzzy
06-05-2016, 10:08 AM
Accumulated rings and FMVP

OP- "his formula"

The epitomy of Kobe Fam IQ :lol

Lebron23
06-05-2016, 10:10 AM
It should be MVP, Finals MVP and Rings + Playoffs and Regular Season Stats.

GrapeApe
06-05-2016, 10:25 AM
What if a player wins multiple championships at the tail end of their career as the 11-12th guy on the bench? By OP's formula, if he already had 2 FMVP's it would catapult his ranking despite barely being a factor for those titles. Point is, not all titles are created equal. They don't care as much weight unless you're at least an all-star.

Prime_Shaq
06-05-2016, 10:26 AM
I still think there are no definitive rankings, but you can rank them in tiers

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-05-2016, 10:37 AM
I see no difference between this list and ESPN's. Winning to a degree is circumstantial, however LeBron manipulated his rosters NOT once, but TWICE...in FOUR seasons. That is unprecedented.

Lets cancel both lists out, split the difference, and place LeBron somewhere in the 8-10 range where he belongs. Throw Kobe in there too. :confusedshrug:

bigkingsfan
06-05-2016, 11:04 AM
ESPN already pinpointed it.

Akrazotile
06-05-2016, 11:08 AM
Read my first sentence.. it's about winning. Basketball is about winning, the goal is to win in June, not to pad the most stats during the regular season. Plus, these days, the MVP award is basically a media thing.. not much weight to it anymore

You have to win games to get an MVP. They usually give it to the best player on the best team. Except when Pau got robbed in 08.

A better formula is at least 2 MVP, 2 FMVP, % of career spent in the finals, c0ck length, c0ck girth, and beauty of hairline.

In other words... LEBRON = GOAT

LBJ 23
06-05-2016, 11:19 AM
Great formula OP :applause:

Iggy wins another FMVP this year as it looks , then adds a nice amount of role players rings(being a GS player) to that and he's right there in the top 10 kicking out many legends.

Bravo OP :bowdown:

Hey Yo
06-05-2016, 11:29 AM
Kobe only has 2 rings.....he was a sidekick for the Shaq's first 3

Straight from the horses mouth in the video

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/blogs/triple-threat/Lakers-Kobe-Bryant-Shaq-sidekick-video-191065851.html

NBAGOAT
:biggums: by OP's formula Willis Reed is 10th all time since he has 2 fmvp's. Another stupid formula.

ripthekik
Great formula OP :applause:

Iggy wins another FMVP this year as it looks , then adds a nice amount of role players rings(being a GS player) to that and he's right there in the top 10 kicking out many legends.

Bravo OP :bowdown:
Yeah.. except, that's not gonna happen. So this is a solid formula that actually churns out the top 10 GOAT players.. not too bad I say, no arbitrary conditions, no opinions, no bias.. just results. We finally have a factual formula to weigh these players, and it works.

Instead of worrying about Iggy winning the MVP, you should be worry about 2/7, which has MUCH higher chance of happening :oldlol:

Dray n Klay
06-05-2016, 12:16 PM
LOL, does OP even realize Kobe didn't even deserve his 2nd FMVP? :oldlol:

GimmeThat
06-05-2016, 12:30 PM
unfortunately, minutes and points will come into play.

it's a professional league, and players provide those meaningful minutes for opportunity to win.

There were many players after KAJ that could come out and play after retirement ( counting Michael) only that many could play at that age and provide the scope that none can compare.

Im Still Ballin
08-11-2016, 01:20 PM
New formula! 3 FMVP REQUIRED.

Nash
08-11-2016, 02:49 PM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/640/962/d91.gif

MintBerryCrunch
08-11-2016, 03:08 PM
:applause:

Inferno
08-11-2016, 03:08 PM

:eek: :lol :banana:

MintBerryCrunch
08-11-2016, 03:09 PM
Accumulated rings and FMVP

OP- "his formula"

The epitomy of Kobe Fam IQ :lol
Can't use that formula because of Horry.

Cone
08-11-2016, 04:16 PM
:eek: :lol :banana:

You shouldn't wear that avy bro. The biggest retard on this site does, and it makes me naturally scroll through your posts thinking its that other dude

InsanityKills
08-11-2016, 04:33 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Dray n Klay
08-11-2016, 04:34 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Inferno
08-11-2016, 04:48 PM
You shouldn't wear that avy bro. The biggest retard on this site does, and it makes me naturally scroll through your posts thinking its that other dude

:( that's what I thought would happen...it's a nice ass logo too :cry:

Dray n Klay
08-11-2016, 04:55 PM
:( that's what I thought would happen...it's a nice ass logo too :cry:

Awww.. its okay bro :banana:

Inferno
08-11-2016, 04:57 PM
Awww.. its okay bro :banana:

changing it up :banana:

scuzzy
08-11-2016, 05:44 PM
:applause: :applause:

Big164
08-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Its about Rings and Records(Mike, Wilt, Russell, Kareem)

everyone else is interchangeable cannon fodder.

KirbyPls
08-11-2016, 06:26 PM
Its about Rings and Records(Mike, Wilt, Russell, Kareem)

everyone else is interchangeable cannon fodder.

Records like fewest Finals PPG average among players with multiple scoring titles?

Monta Ellis MVP
08-11-2016, 06:48 PM
You may have heard I am a huge Pacers fan but also a fan of the Cavaliers as well. There is no clear-cut formula for determining the GOAT. You have to take everything into consideration. Most experts have a list like this.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Bill Russell
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Magic Johnson
6. Larry Bird
7. Tim Duncan
8. Shaquile Oneal
9. Kobe Bryant
10. LeBron James

Keno
08-11-2016, 06:51 PM
You may have heard I am a huge Pacers fan but also a fan of the Cavaliers as well. There is no clear-cut formula for determining the GOAT. You have to take everything into consideration. Most experts have a list like this.

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Bill Russell
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Magic Johnson
6. Larry Bird
7. Tim Duncan
8. Shaquile Oneal
9. Kobe Bryant
10. LeBron James

yea that list is very accurate............3 years ago. most experts have lebron top 5 now, if they aren't trolling.

arifgokcen
08-11-2016, 06:55 PM

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Bill Russell
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Magic Johnson
6. Larry Bird
7. Tim Duncan
8. Shaquile Oneal
9. Kobe Bryant
10. LeBron James

Actually most experts have lebron in top 5 actually every single expert i have seen has him in his/her top 5.

I would like to refer you to the thread on groundlakers forum

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=178559 (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=178559)

Groundlakers forum has actually some real lakers fans not idiotic trolls like yourself. Even lakers fans(i am a big lakers fan i grow up watching kobe i am not american like you so i used to watch Kobe back in highschool thats when they started airing NBA games over here.)

You may troll but that just doesnt change the fact that Lebron is top 5 player of all time

Big164
08-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Records like fewest Finals PPG average among players with multiple scoring titles?
Records like highest finals ppg average among players with multiple 40+ seasons.

Wait....no one else has averaged 40 even once? Geez you guys suck

Dray n Klay
08-11-2016, 07:00 PM
He has the highest finals ppg average among players with multiple 40+ seasons.

40 ppg in the regular season, 12 ppg in the Finals

Pa...

The..

Tic

:roll: :roll: :banana:

KirbyPls
08-11-2016, 07:17 PM
Records like highest finals ppg average among players with multiple 40+ seasons*.

Against pale insurance salesmen and malt-ball delivery drivers (though I did enjoy a good malt tonic or two at the local diner in the 60s myself).

MaxPlayer
08-11-2016, 07:50 PM

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Bill Russell
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Magic Johnson
6. Larry Bird
7. Tim Duncan
8. Shaquile Oneal
9. Kobe Bryant
10. LeBron James

Kobe top 10???

:biggums:

Prometheus
08-11-2016, 08:50 PM
2 FMVP required and then count the rings? Jesus, how convenient. I wonder how you came up with that

:facepalm

Just leave ISH and never come back. Stupid f*ck.

KirbyPls
08-11-2016, 09:48 PM
Actually most experts have lebron in top 5 actually every single expert i have seen has him in his/her top 5.

http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=178559 (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=178559)

Groundlakers forum has actually some real lakers fans not idiotic trolls like yourself. Even lakers fans(i am a big lakers fan i grow up watching kobe i am not american like you so i used to watch Kobe back in highschool thats when they started airing NBA games over here.)

You may troll but that just doesnt change the fact that Lebron is top 5 player of all time

20Four and StalkerforLife must have 3-4 alts a piece in that thread. :facepalm

Nice to see intelligent Lakers fans though, they just seem to be in the "relatively" silent majority.

Hoopz2332
08-11-2016, 10:04 PM

1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Bill Russell
4. Wilt Chamberlain
5. Magic Johnson
6. Larry Bird
7. Tim Duncan
8. Shaquile Oneal
9. Kobe Bryant
10. LeBron James

:biggums: most experts have lebron top 2-5 range and higher than Kobe even before his 3rd title.

Monta Ellis MVP
08-11-2016, 10:05 PM
:biggums: most experts have lebron top 2-5 range and higher than Kobe even before his 3rd title.

I have done lots of research on this. They do did not and still do not.

scuzzy
08-11-2016, 10:18 PM

Damn! Good find brother

Even Lakers who are wildly known to dislike Lebron have him top 5, General Concensus

The debate is absurdly over now :applause:

Just wow :eek:

k0kakw0rld
08-11-2016, 10:38 PM
I have done lots of research on this. They do did not and still do not.
Name them? :confusedshrug:

red1
08-12-2016, 12:15 AM
got em!!!

https://static.ylilauta.org/files/ef/thumb/k7pvld2b.jpg