PDA

View Full Version : Video: 17yrs ago today, Larry Johnson's 4pt play knocks out the Pacers

Hey Yo
06-05-2016, 04:52 PM
Gave the Knicks their first Finals appearance in many years, only to get clown stomped by SA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xlCbpPN8rs

:no:
:no: :no: :no:

Sarcastic
06-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Many years as in 5? They made the Finals in 1994.

They are also the only 8 seed to make it to the Finals, and were ravaged by injuries against SA.

Hey Yo
06-05-2016, 05:11 PM
Yeah....forgot about them v. Houston. Is Charles Smith still not allowed in NY?

I realize they were the 8th seed and hope you got why I made an L in my post.

Real14
06-05-2016, 05:21 PM
Many years as in 5? They made the Finals in 1994.

They are also the only 8 seed to make it to the Finals, and were ravaged by injuries against SA.
Ether. Op is a hating ass bitch.

Sarcastic
06-05-2016, 05:37 PM
Yeah....forgot about them v. Houston. Is Charles Smith still not allowed in NY?

I realize they were the 8th seed and hope you got why I made an L in my post.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-iLVrdDHlT4Y/UQ2a9cDnvHI/AAAAAAAAIkY/akxra20EdxE/s1600/Larry-Johnson-1.jpeg

imdaman99
06-05-2016, 05:41 PM
Clown stomped? Spurs were dominant on the road that playoffs, I believe the Knicks handed them their first road loss.

Plus, LJ was not tall enough to do anything to deter Duncan. If they had Ewing, they could have put him on Duncan and Camby on Robinson would have been a decent matchup. If only...

The 4 point play was definitely a great moment as a Knicks fan though. Bought his jersey after that :rockon:

Real14
06-05-2016, 05:44 PM
Clown stomped? Spurs were dominant on the road that playoffs, I believe the Knicks handed them their first road loss.

Plus, LJ was not tall enough to do anything to deter Duncan. If they had Ewing, they could have put him on Duncan and Camby on Robinson would have been a decent matchup. If only...

The 4 point play was definitely a great moment as a Knicks fan though. Bought his jersey after that :rockon:
I been said that for years that If Ewing played it would be a totally different series.

Hey Yo
06-05-2016, 05:45 PM
Nothing more than me just referring the them getting swept.

Wasn't trying to imply they got beat by 50 every game or anything.

imdaman99
06-05-2016, 05:46 PM
I been said that for years that If Ewing played it would be a totally different series.
It would have been different but Ewing was on his last legs anyway by then. I dunno how much he would have been able to contain Duncan. If anything, he would have been a capable big body to put on him.

Real14
06-05-2016, 05:49 PM
It would have been different but Ewing was on his last legs anyway by then. I dunno how much he would have been able to contain Duncan. If anything, he would have been a capable big body to put on him.
True, but I think Ewing would still pull though just like he did against Zo that year.

Sarcastic
06-05-2016, 06:07 PM
Nothing more than me just referring the them getting swept.

Wasn't trying to imply they got beat by 50 every game or anything.

They didn't get swept.

Hey Yo
06-05-2016, 06:23 PM
They didn't get swept.
Jesus......:oldlol: :facepalm

#puttingthepipeaway

Real14
06-05-2016, 06:29 PM
Jesus......:oldlol: :facepalm

#puttingthepipeaway
What series are you talking about bro?:biggums:

SouBeachTalents
06-05-2016, 06:50 PM
The Knicks got clownstomped in San Antonio, but the games at MSG were actually competitive. They handed the Spurs one of their 2 losses the entire playoffs, lost by 7 in Game 4 and came within a point of forcing the series back to San Antonio

fourkicks44
06-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Gave the Knicks their first Finals appearance in many years, only to get clown stomped by SA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xlCbpPN8rs

:no: :no: :no:

Would have been interesting to see how they would have went in a full season. I think everyone was cheering for them against that Spurs that year. I know I was.

Love LJ.