PDA

View Full Version : It's not that Curry isn't great.. it's just that he isn't need..

ripthekik
06-05-2016, 11:28 PM
When your second and third string can beat the other team, why would he need to show up? Imagine if your second string wipes out the other team and your services is not required.. it's not your fault you end up with lower stats and not win the FMVP.

I think Curry not winning the FMVP simply shows what a joke a Lebron-led team is.. the other teams best players doesn't even have to show up :lol

TomCat
06-05-2016, 11:29 PM
I agree. Its like taking a nuke to a knife fight

Real14
06-05-2016, 11:36 PM
I definitely agree, just like last year's finals.

Straight_Ballin
06-05-2016, 11:41 PM
Exactly. If Curry had a decent opponent to contend with, he'd feel the need to try harder and ensure that he won FMVP. Instead, it will go to someone on the 2nd unit. This is what happens when you buy (not build) a team in the east and then realize it's not enough because you only have 1 offensive move. You meet a real team in the west come finals time and get your ass kicked.

Mr. Jabbar
06-05-2016, 11:46 PM
BINGO! :applause:

jstern
06-05-2016, 11:49 PM
He certainly doesn't have the killer instinct of a Michael Jordan.

tpols
06-05-2016, 11:49 PM
I agree. Its like taking a nuke to a knife fight

:lol yes

AirBonner
06-05-2016, 11:50 PM
When your second and third string can beat the other team, why would he need to show up? Imagine if your second string wipes out the other team and your services is not required.. it's not your fault you end up with lower stats and not win the FMVP.

I think Curry not winning the FMVP simply shows what a joke a Lebron-led team is.. the other teams best players doesn't even have to show up :lol
I don't think its because he is not "needed" I think it is because he has settled into his natural role as a ROLE player.

theaussieguy
06-05-2016, 11:51 PM
curry could get 0 stats and still be the best player in the world. Its a side effect of being THAT deadly on offense. The only reason anyone else is looking good on the gsw is because ALL the defensive attention is on Curry.

bigkingsfan
06-05-2016, 11:51 PM
It's not that Lebron isn't great.. it's just that he isn't need..going to lose either way.

groovemachine
06-05-2016, 11:52 PM
Yes, definitely not an indictment of Curry's abilities. I give plenty of credit to Golden State for actually playing team basketball and working together.

ripthekik
06-05-2016, 11:53 PM
I don't think its because he is not "needed" I think it is because he has settled into his natural role as a ROLE player.
Imagine this:

Cavs play a random NCAA team. Lebron starts, but sits after his first run. His 2nd string blows out the NCAA team. Lebron never comes back, end up with stats like 10pts, 4 rebounds, 2assist. And not winning the MVP for the series, as the 2nd string guy does most of the work. Do you blame him?

jstern
06-06-2016, 12:06 AM
Imagine someone making such a thread about Jordan, or even Lebron, with the the title "It's not that he isn't great..." because their teammates are pickup all the slack. I can't imagine it for Jordan, and if it was Lebron, there would be 20 threads about how those wins don't count, and should have an *.