PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors will beat the Cavs because they play a better brand of bball.

DoctorP
06-06-2016, 03:18 AM

atljonesbro
06-06-2016, 03:21 AM
Well duh. The cavs just go out their and play street ball for the most part and hope Jr Smth gets hot. That's honestly the game plan.

34-24 Footwork
06-06-2016, 03:24 AM
Curry doesn't force his numbers. A lot of unselfish guys who aren't trying to impose their individual will...but impose their collective will As a team.

theaussieguy
06-06-2016, 03:40 AM
Well duh. The cavs just go out their and play street ball for the most part and hope Jr Smth gets hot. That's honestly the game plan.

bang on, bang ****in on, its iso after iso after iso. Curry doesn't get enough credit for just how unselfish he is.

Prime_Shaq
06-06-2016, 03:41 AM
No shit lol

FKAri
06-06-2016, 03:50 AM
It's how basketball should be played. It's a joke when at the highest level basketball can sometimes devolve into iso street ball.

Akrazotile
06-06-2016, 03:58 AM
It's how basketball should be played. It's a joke when at the highest level basketball can sometimes devolve into iso street ball.

I totally agree, it stuns me the way the supposed best league in the world looks at times. But it's cause teams draft for flash and not substance, and these guys end up on big/long contracts so you have to play them. Shit's ridiculous.

knicksman
06-06-2016, 05:41 AM
Iso is still the way to go. Its just that you dont want your player isoing for the whole game. The system is there to preserve stamina by giving them easier looks. But when crunch time comes, the ball is always in the hands of your best players.

beastee
06-06-2016, 07:20 AM
When your opponent settles for 2 pointers and you NEVER stop shooting 3's - anything over about a 36% clip is going to make it nearly impossible to beat. The Cavs look nothing like the team they were against Atlanta (the peak of their season).

Overdrive
06-06-2016, 08:01 AM
When your opponent settles for 2 pointers and you NEVER stop shooting 3's - anything over about a 36% clip is going to make it nearly impossible to beat. The Cavs look nothing like the team they were against Atlanta (the peak of their season).

That's exactly what killed OKC in G6. They kept hitting 2 pointers without even giving up possessions, but GS ran to the other end and hit a 3. That's when the panic kicks in and teams start to settle for 3s they don't usually take and make.

DoctorP
06-06-2016, 04:31 PM
Iso is still the way to go. Its just that you dont want your player isoing for the whole game. The system is there to preserve stamina by giving them easier looks. But when crunch time comes, the ball is always in the hands of your best players.

I think ISO's should be limited to tied ball games when you have a stud that can deliver the goods at the end of the game. Other than that, unless you are exploiting a huge mismatch, ISO's look like they are the way of the past.

Jasper
06-06-2016, 04:35 PM
How will the Warriors feel if the Cav's tie the series at home 2 games a piece :confusedshrug:

PP34Deuce
06-06-2016, 04:39 PM
From a pure standpoint, Neither team mplays the best type of basketball.

Spurs probably play the most pure mix of new school and old school basketball. They are boring to me but they actually have a system.

CAVS have shooters and 2 finishers that feed off each other.
Golden State has 2 guys that shoot horrible selection shots and make them at incredible clips.

DoctorP
06-06-2016, 04:42 PM
From a pure standpoint, Neither team mplays the best type of basketball.

Spurs probably play the most pure mix of new school and old school basketball. They are boring to me but they actually have a system.

CAVS have shooters and 2 finishers that feed off each other.
Golden State has 2 guys that shoot horrible selection shots and make them at incredible clips.

Perhaps. The article I quoted admits the Spurs were the blueprint but the W's offense has personalized wrinkles to feature their god-tier shooters.

PP34Deuce
06-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Perhaps. The article I quoted admits the Spurs were the blueprint but the W's offense has personalized wrinkles to feature their god-tier shooters.

Defensive discipline of the spurs team he was on + free flowing offense he created as GM for that Suns team + Nellie ball + 2 Godly shooters = Warriors.

I agree. You can definitely see it. He encourages those shots just like those Suns teams but also has the team playing defense to compensate for bad shots. He's also taken Nellie ball wrinkles with switching.

Hoopz2332
07-22-2016, 01:16 PM
:roll:

Meticode
07-22-2016, 01:25 PM
L's were taken in this thread and it never got revisited until now.