PDA

View Full Version : My take on the NBA Finals

robby712
06-06-2016, 04:07 AM
Ok, so the Cavs look like they're done. I actually think they are not, but they need to make some adjustments. I am no expert, but I believe I know a few things about basketball, enough to express a good opinion at least.
First, let's talk about stuff Cleveland has to stop doing.

1) Stop double teaming Curry on the pick and roll. He is good enough to find an open man and you are allowing the best passing team in basketball to play 4 on 3 against an average defensive team. That's just stupid. The number of times the GSW got a wide open layup/dunk so far is ridiculous. Also, stop switching every ****ing screen. You don't have the defensive players to do that. Sure, you can switch Lebron , Shumpert or Thompson and get good results, but not with Love, Kyrie or anyone else. You are not a good defensive team, the rotations are not there and again, the result is open layups. You can live with Curry scoring 30. You can't live with Draymond scoring 30 on wide ****ing 3s, or with their whole roster scoring double digits.

2) Stop with the Lebron post-up and Lebron iso. Sure, post him up against Barnes or Green who can't defend him so he can get a few buckets. But it seems that that is all their offense in the Finals. And again, it goes back to the East. No team in the East has the players to guard Lebron, so they doubled when he was posting up. Doubling Lebron is madness, he will kill you with his passing. The Warriors don't double, so he has to force up a shot with a good defender on him, and their offense freezes.

3) Stop forcing to post up Love. Sure, if it's in the flow of the offense, do it. But they get him the ball, he tries to back down, can't, and the forces a wild shot up or loses the ball or gets blocked. He is soft and can't pass out of a double team. He is a good post player. But he is a good "one two dribble,fake,jump hook" post player, not a "5 second back down, allow the defense to settle" type post player.

Now, what the Cavs need to do:

1) Move the ****ing ball, and stop with that shit offense where you get the switch, but then Lebron or Irving size up the defender, waste valuable seconds and allow the defense to organize. No, you have to attack right after the screen. This way you make the defense scramble and over commit. Oh, and Lebron, move your ****ing ass facing your basket and attack. It kills me to see him backing down every time. He has good handles, he has a nice crossover. It's like he forgot basketball and only knows to power his way in. He had a couple of plays last night where he put the ball on the floor and took his man one on one. Not bully ball, but crossing over Iggy or Barnes. The result? Two dunks and a foul that was almost an and one.

2) Keep going at Curry. He is a awful one on one defender. I don't care who he guards, attack him and get him in foul trouble. If Jefferson can get two fouls on Curry then anyone can.

3) Play Mozgov when Bogut is on the floor. Yeah, he played like shit this season but you need his size and rebounding when Bogut is out there, you have to win the rebounding battle if you're the Cavs. Take him out when the GSW play small, but keep him when Bogut is playing. He is still a good rim protector and you have let the Warriors get like 15 put backs in 2 games.

4) Start Shumpert. He plays good D, he can guard Steph or Klay , he is athletic and the Warriors don't guard him as tight as they do JR, so he can get open for some 3's. Get JR in with Lebron and the 2nd unit so you get Klay off him and make Barbosa or Livingston guard him. I believe he gets more good looks this way and maybe he can get hot.

5) Lebron, call Ray Allen. I don't know if he can fix your jump shot in 3 days, but it's sure as hell it can't get any worse. Your best shooting years were 2013 and 2014 when Ray was in Miami and I am 99% sure he was the main reason. 2013 or 2014 Lebron would kill this Warriors team.

TheImmortal
06-06-2016, 04:48 AM
To sum it up...

http://i66.tinypic.com/2lkwdqc.gif

keep-itreal
06-06-2016, 07:22 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/bd/91/bb/bd91bb1601e5e94bdd790410711ac5f7.jpg

Prime_Shaq
06-06-2016, 07:25 AM
A series doesn't start till somebody loses at home, so let's see how Cavs respond at home first

GINOBILI!
06-06-2016, 08:53 AM
A series doesn't start till somebody loses at home, so let's see how Cavs respond at home first
No, a series doesn't start until the top seeded team loses at home. If Cavs lose at home, the series is over, not just starting.