PDA

View Full Version : Detroit repeat vs Golden State repeat

Jasper
06-06-2016, 10:07 AM
The era that Detroit won back to back titles, people thought they had a legit dynasty on their hands and the dominate Pistons with swarming defense and their team offense was the team of the future.

Golden State is on the verge on winning their 2nd title.
(They just need to win 2 out of 5 games)
The resemblance of both teams is quite striking , team ball , decent bench's with veteran players and an arena that makes most teams quiver when playing in a 'hostel environment'.

Detroit had same situation an arena teams feared to play in.

Whats your thoughts if Golden State wins the title this year :confusedshrug:
Are they a 2 title team dynasty that will fade into the history books like Detroit and in 2,3,4 years people will still talk about , and the talk goes no where or are the Warriors equal to the teams like the Lakers , Boston that win a few titles, but not yet still in the same breath as the SPURS AND BULLS ?

Doranku
06-06-2016, 10:09 AM
lol who is going to beat them next year? They're going to be around for a long time.

sd3035
06-06-2016, 10:10 AM
lol who is going to beat them next year? They're going to be around for a long time.

OKC could if they stay together

Prime_Shaq
06-06-2016, 10:14 AM
I for one fondly remember those Pistons team as it was the time I was getting into watching the NBA and I feel Zeke is one of the more underrated all-time greats.

On-topic though, OKC showed how mortal GSW can be and if their core group sticks I could see them challenging the GSW dynasty. I've learnt over the years to never count out the Spurs and there are tons of young growing teams that stars could make the jump like Curry did.

Showtime80'
06-06-2016, 10:20 AM
Very different situations in my opinion!

After years and years of battling the great Celtics and Lakers of the 80's and finally breaking through in 89' which took a toll in itself, a lot bad luck happened to them after:

Loosing Rick Mahorn in 89' expansion draft
Mileage of a lot their main players (Isiah, Laimbeer, Edwards, Aguirre)
Injury to Isiah in 91'
Flagant foul rules in summer of 90'
The Michael friggin Jordan Factor!!!

Right now THE ONLY THING that can slow down this Warriors team is age and loosing their players in free agency!!! There are NO TEAMS as they are presently constructed that can challenge the Warriors, they are too deep and as well as the Spurs have the most full proof system in the NBA. Aside from the fact that today's NBA has 3 to 4 good teams and the rest are garbage with fake propped up " superstars" like Harden, Westbrick, Howard, Lowry, DeRozan, Davis, Cousins etc...

If they stay healthy and can maintain their nucleus get ready for AT LEAST 4 titles in a row!

Jasper
06-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Do you guys even know who Chancey Billups is :confusedshrug:

That is the two peat Pistons I am talking about

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

MP.Trey
06-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Do you guys even know who Chancey Billups is :confusedshrug:

That is the two peat Pistons I am talking about

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
You do realize that Pistons team only won once, right?

elementally morale
06-06-2016, 11:03 AM
You do realize that Pistons team only won once, right?

I think he didn't.

Jasper
06-06-2016, 01:22 PM
I stand corrected.... I forgot spurs beat them

Jasper
06-06-2016, 01:24 PM
Back to original OP :

I confused Zeke's Detroit team with Billups, but same subject is viable , Would and if Golden State be a Zeke Detroit team :confusedshrug: