PDA

View Full Version : NBA made Blake jump over the Kia

UK2K
06-07-2016, 12:34 PM
More evidence that the NBA = WWE. It's all about entertainment value for casual fans... and money.

[QUOTE]

Spaulding
06-07-2016, 12:51 PM
Are you surprised ?

This was already posted as well

Lebron23
06-07-2016, 01:13 PM
It's not even a good dunk. Derozan should have been the slam dunk champion.

miggyme1
06-07-2016, 01:39 PM
i wouldn't say it was a lose lose. It was one of the more rigged events ive ever seen on live television BUT he did get a pretty good endorsement out of it.

BlazerRed
06-07-2016, 01:39 PM
Watch out Blake, don't want to end up in a ditch somewhere.

GINOBILI!
06-07-2016, 01:49 PM
More evidence that the NBA = WWE. It's all about entertainment value for casual fans... and money.
Lose lose situation? He was gifted a dunk title and millions of dollars.

ripthekik
06-07-2016, 01:51 PM
We found out the NBA was about entertainment when they gifted Lebron his first ring. Can't have the face of the NBA be a ringless loser, can we?

imdaman99
06-07-2016, 01:56 PM
Why's he revealing this? Is his Kia contract up? :oldlol:

senelcoolidge
06-07-2016, 02:05 PM
What a bogus league..sure you want to make money you're a business...but fabricating events and games is foul. It's not real, it's not genuine. You can't take anything seriously anymore with the NBA. As a real fan of the game of basketball it leaves me with a bad feeling.

JimmyMcAdocious
06-07-2016, 02:08 PM
The NBA trying to manufacture stars? I'm shocked.

That's why guys like LeBron and Wiggins should have/should try the dunk contest. No way in hell they lose, even if they're the worst performer there.

Cap'n Obvious
06-07-2016, 02:46 PM
This was obvious the day it happened.

Levity
06-07-2016, 02:48 PM
tis a pity.

at least we know lebron actually drives a kia.

sd3035
06-07-2016, 02:56 PM
We found out the NBA was about entertainment when they gifted Lebron his first ring. Can't have the face of the NBA be a ringless loser, can we?

very solid post :applause:

choppermagic
06-07-2016, 03:03 PM
The NBA trying to manufacture stars? I'm shocked.

That's why guys like LeBron and Wiggins should have/should try the dunk contest. No way in hell they lose, even if they're the worst performer there.

Yup, so long as they dunk over Kias and drink a bottle of Sprite while doing it. Guaranteed win.

kamil
06-07-2016, 03:05 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/r6AGaFFMq3ke4/giphy.gif

Akrazotile
06-07-2016, 03:27 PM
I dont think it's that the league proposed this or said he had to do it to be in the dunk contest.

He went to them and said "Hey, my idea is to jump over a car."

And they said "We have exclusive sponsorship with Kia, so you'd have to jump a Kia."

Which isnt really all that nefarious, IMO. I mean it is the official vehicle. Doesnt sound like it was their idea to have him do it, they just didnt want him promoting somethin other than the official car sponsor, since sponsors pay good money for these things. "If youre gonna jump a car, you gotta jump the official league car."

I think it's reasonable enough.

longtime lurker
06-07-2016, 04:04 PM
Congrats op. You found out a business is run like a business. Great work here.

GINOBILI!
06-07-2016, 04:12 PM
I dont think it's that the league proposed this or said he had to do it to be in the dunk contest.

He went to them and said "Hey, my idea is to jump over a car."

And they said "We have exclusive sponsorship with Kia, so you'd have to jump a Kia."

Which isnt really all that nefarious, IMO. I mean it is the official vehicle. Doesnt sound like it was their idea to have him do it, they just didnt want him promoting somethin other than the official car sponsor, since sponsors pay good money for these things. "If youre gonna jump a car, you gotta jump the official league car."

I think it's reasonable enough.
Pretty much. However, the NBA likely made sure it happened at all once he was brought into the loop.

FKAri
06-07-2016, 04:12 PM
Enjoy the sausage. Don't ask how its made :lol

AirFederer
06-07-2016, 04:13 PM
Boo hoo that poor guy

HylianNightmare
06-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Could've just put some lowering springs on the kia...

Akrazotile
06-07-2016, 05:07 PM
Congrats op. You found out a business is run like a business. Great work here.

Youre always such a bitter, angsty lil ladyboy. :lol

You probably make stalker look handsome and deucewallace look manly. Typical self loathing and bitterness of bernie voters/life's losers.

Stay anguished phaggggboi.