PDA

View Full Version : How many rings would have LeBron won if he had the work ethic of MJ or Kobe

LeFraud James
06-07-2016, 03:58 PM
Given the fact that we have yet to see a physical specimen even remotely similar to the bionic Mr. James, I truly believe that if LeBron worked on his jumper and post game throughout his career, we would be talking about the undisputed GOAT.

I believe at this point LeBron would have won at least 5/7 of his Finals appearances. Not to mention he would have had another 2-3 year window with this current Cavs roster.

I think it's safe to say he would have easily surpassed Jordan in rings, and GOAT ranking.

FKAri
06-07-2016, 04:00 PM
2. Work ethic isn't his problem. It's what he choses to work on.

LeFraud James
06-07-2016, 04:03 PM
2. Work ethic isn't his problem. It's what he choses to work on.

So if he worked on his jumper and post game instead of his hairline and stiff arm, how many rings would he have ended his career with?

FKAri
06-07-2016, 04:09 PM
So if he worked on his jumper and post game instead of his hairline and stiff arm, how many rings would he have ended his career with?
His jumper seems to be injury related cuz that's the only way I've seen someones jumper disappear overnight. Dude can't make wide open 3s ever now. But ya his post game is something he should've worked on a long time ago. But you can't teach an old dog new tricks. He is who he is at this point. For all his BballIQ dude thought that his 6'8'' 260lbs frame was going to be blowing past perimeter players all his life

LeFraud James
06-07-2016, 04:12 PM
His jumper seems to be injury related cuz that's the only way I've seen someones jumper disappear overnight. Dude can't make wide open 3s ever now. But ya his post game is something he should've worked on a long time ago. But you can't teach an old dog new tricks. He is who he is at this point. For all his BballIQ dude thought that his 6'8'' 260lbs frame was going to be blowing past perimeter players all his life

He's still blowing past perimeter players, and it's amazing that a player of his age is doing what he's doing today, especially considering he's got all that mileage on his body.

It truly is a testament to his greatness.

FKAri
06-07-2016, 04:14 PM
He's still blowing past perimeter players, and it's amazing that a player of his age is doing what he's doing today, especially considering he's got all that mileage on his body.

It truly is a testament to his greatness.
:rolleyes: The only thing amazing is his durability

3ball
06-07-2016, 04:18 PM
His jumper seems to be injury related

It's statistical FACT that other than 2-3 years in Miami, Lebron has been a poor shooter his entire career - he's a career 30% three-point shooter in the playoffs, and his midrange percentage is below 40% for 10 of 13 seasons (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389794&postcount=17).

So this notion that Lebron's jumpshot has only recently been poor is made-up nonsense from Lebron fans - the guy missed 80% of his jumpshots in 2007 Finals and 2015 Finals.. That's probably a record (and he's on pace to miss 80% of his jumpers again this year).

The reality is that Lebron, Westbrook, Wade, Derozan and Butler ALL (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12389778&postcount=41) have poor 3-point and midrange efficiency, but they're still top scorers because today's spacing and hands-off defense allows athletic players easier access to the rim.

MJ's athleticism would benefit the same way, except he was a goat midrange shooter (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12373019&postcount=26), which gives him a massive advantage over non-shooters Lebron, Westbrick and company.

3ball
06-07-2016, 04:27 PM
if LeBron worked on his jumper and post game

Lebron hired Hakeem Olajuwon to teach him post game, so the notion that he hasn't worked hard on it is bs.

Some guys just aren't that good at various aspects of the game.. Post-game and jumpshooting are Lebron's weak areas - unfortunately for him, those are two MASSIVE areas to suck in.

Btw, Lebron is slower than a TON of players in history and he's an average leaper off two-feet.. The reality is that Lebron is super-awesome in 1 or 2 areas, and pedestrian in every other area..

Otoh, Jordan was goat-LEVEL in most areas: goat on the post, goat from the triple-threat, goat first-step, goat midrange jumper and fadeaway, goat leaper off 1 or 2 legs, goat PG ability (http://ballislife.com/michael-jordan-could-of-been-the-best-point-guard-ever-want-proof/) (30/9/11 in 24 games at point guard including 10 triple-doubles in 11 games)... What else is there?.. best-ever defender at SG position.. Anything else?

LebronsHairline
06-07-2016, 05:53 PM
He has great work ethic. His problem is fortitude, mental toughness, leadership, sense of reality

FireDavidKahn
06-07-2016, 06:02 PM
7/7

FireDavidKahn
06-07-2016, 06:03 PM
Lebron hired Hakeem Olajuwon to teach him post game, so the notion that he hasn't worked hard on it is bs.

Some guys just aren't that good at various aspects of the game.. Post-game and jumpshooting are Lebron's weak areas - unfortunately for him, those are two MASSIVE areas to suck in.

Btw, Lebron is slower than a TON of players in history and he's an average leaper off two-feet.. The reality is that Lebron is super-awesome in 1 or 2 areas, and pedestrian in every other area..

Otoh, Jordan was goat-LEVEL in most areas: goat on the post, goat from the triple-threat, goat first-step, goat midrange jumper and fadeaway, goat leaper off 1 or 2 legs, goat PG ability (http://ballislife.com/michael-jordan-could-of-been-the-best-point-guard-ever-want-proof/) (30/9/11 in 24 games at point guard including 10 triple-doubles in 11 games)... What else is there?.. best-ever defender at SG position.. Anything else?
:facepalm You can't be one of the best all around players ever and be pedestrian in every area but 1 or 2:facepalm

bigkingsfan
06-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Same amount as now.

KungFuJoe
06-07-2016, 06:41 PM
Can't train mental weakness...at least not at his age.

Blame his mother. She probably babied and coddled him as soon as she found out he could play basketball. Blame everyone that rolled out the red carpet treatment from when he was probably in middle school.

They created him.

Levity
06-07-2016, 06:49 PM
i feel his lack of a consistent jumper is mental at this point. his mechanics are decent enough, and hes proved to us in the past he can be a threat from anywhere on the court. and even now, he can step into a 3 at a decent enough rate, when the play is natural/2nd nature.

its just when he knows he NEEDS to shoot, or the D pressures him to shoot, the mental aspect of it comes in and it leads to a dirty ass brick. i bet if you put lebron in an empty gym, he repeatedly catches fire. but when the pressure to showcase his jumper is on him, he'll fold.

elementally morale
06-07-2016, 07:06 PM
He was given bad advice when he decided to become a scorer first. Had great court vision when he came into the league. Should have chosen the Magic route. Plus the media overhyping him at a young age didn't help.

FireDavidKahn
06-07-2016, 07:09 PM
Delonte West ruined him.

COnDEMnED
06-07-2016, 07:16 PM
Lebron with the knowledge, work ethic, and killer mentality of either MJ or Kobe would have probably landed him in the top 5 all time. Without it, his medium is 10th best all time, give or take left or right.

What could have been...

G-train
06-07-2016, 07:17 PM
Given the fact that we have yet to see a physical specimen even remotely similar to the bionic Mr. James, I truly believe that if LeBron worked on his jumper and post game throughout his career, we would be talking about the undisputed GOAT.

I believe at this point LeBron would have won at least 5/7 of his Finals appearances. Not to mention he would have had another 2-3 year window with this current Cavs roster.

I think it's safe to say he would have easily surpassed Jordan in rings, and GOAT ranking.

You are a moron and threads like this should be deleted instantly.

G-train
06-07-2016, 07:18 PM
Delonte West ruined him.

Nobody ruined him, he is an all time great with 2 titles.

HenryGarfunkle
06-07-2016, 07:40 PM
None.

LeBron has worked day in and day out since middle school. People need to stop with propagandizing LeBron's work ethic and character. He's the hardest working athlete I've seen... day in, day out, since he was 13 years old.

This is not a man shaped by laziness and lost time. He's very much a go-getter, in the most advanced way someone can possibly be.

Cold soul
06-07-2016, 09:08 PM
Lebron with the knowledge, work ethic, and killer mentality of either MJ or Kobe would have probably landed him in the top 5 all time. Without it, his medium is 10th best all time, give or take left or right.

What could have been...

The things you named if Lebron has those he would've been the GOAT. Lebron has great work ethic though gotta give him some credit here he just wasn't blessed with natural talent of Kobe and Jordan when comes to flat out skill and fundamentals.

poido123
06-07-2016, 09:35 PM
That's how Lebron will be remembered.

A big 'WHATIF'

Jordan or Kobe mentality and he is GOAT imo

bizil
06-07-2016, 09:38 PM
The things you named if Lebron has those he would've been the GOAT. Lebron has great work ethic though gotta give him some credit here he just wasn't blessed with natural talent of Kobe and Jordan when comes to flat out skill and fundamentals.

Well said! The main difference is Bron's killer instinct scoring the rock, which isn't on MJ or Kobe's level. Not saying Bron hasn't had clutch moments. And numbers wise he's OBVIOUSLY a great scorer. But when its time to put the foot on the gas scoring, MJ and Mamba were better at it. Bron's work ethic isn't a problem at all in my opinion.

AintNoSunshine
06-07-2016, 09:38 PM
:wtf: He has one of the best work ethic ever in NBA

Cold soul
06-07-2016, 10:50 PM
That's how Lebron will be remembered.

A big 'WHATIF'

Jordan or Kobe mentality and he is GOAT imo

Agreed. Lebron is one player that had chance to be GOAT if he had intangibles and killer instinct.

Cold soul
06-07-2016, 10:51 PM
Well said! The main difference is Bron's killer instinct scoring the rock, which isn't on MJ or Kobe's level. Not saying Bron hasn't had clutch moments. And numbers wise he's OBVIOUSLY a great scorer. But when its time to put the foot on the gas scoring, MJ and Mamba were better at it. Bron's work ethic isn't a problem at all in my opinion.

Well said. I agree with everything you said. :applause: