PDA

View Full Version : Bron vs Iggy

StrongLurk
06-07-2016, 04:51 PM
Lebron used to routinely destroy Iggy in there head to head matchups, basically from 2006-2014.

Bron averages like 28/8/7 in the regular season against Iggy and like 29/12/8 in the playoffs.

But for some reason, Iggy has been able to contain Lebron these last two years.

I blame Lebron's decline as an athlete to be the main reason.

scm5
06-07-2016, 05:03 PM
Lebron used to routinely destroy Iggy in there head to head matchups, basically from 2006-2014.

Bron averages like 28/8/7 in the regular season against Iggy and like 29/12/8 in the playoffs.

But for some reason, Iggy has been able to contain Lebron these last two years.

I blame Lebron's decline as an athlete to be the main reason.

It's because Iguodala can focus primarily on defense these days. He has one main task, to contain Lebron, and he can do it very well.

This is why, and I hate to use him as an example, Kobe is considered a great defender. If Kobe had one main task: to lock a player down, he would be great at it. I don't know how many remember, but during the Redeem Team's run, Kobe took on the role as the team's lockdown defender. He took on opposing team's best scorer every single game. Barbosa that year put up 18ppg on 48% and 43% from 3 during the regular season. He was the tournament's leading scorer going into the game against the Redeem Team, putting up 27ppg. Kobe held him to 4 points. That's the type of defender Kobe could be.

That's why Iguodala seems like a different animal defensively these days.

HylianNightmare
06-07-2016, 05:06 PM
That's his only job on this team

ArbitraryWater
06-07-2016, 05:23 PM
That's his only job on this team

that cant be all of it

StrongLurk
06-07-2016, 05:30 PM
It's more than just Iggy can focus on D now. Hell he still does playmaking on O for the Warriors and scores well.

I mean, Lebron would seriously annihilate Iggy, all the way to when Lebron actually hit that sick fade away three to beat the Warriors at Oracle in 2014.

But recently Lebron simply can't blow by Iggy like he used to. Even more surprising is that he can't seem to overpower Iggy like he used to.

It's sort of baffling.