PDA

View Full Version : Largest PPG Decline from Regular Season to Finals by an MVP

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2016, 07:08 PM
https://i.gyazo.com/65c1ea5dcf1c7ad5ba853ba8feb5ffc3.png

.. Interesting. Topping Wilt, so far. Not anticipating this to stay this way, but still.

Young X
06-08-2016, 07:19 PM
Magic Johnson got injured and didn't even play in the last 2 games I believe. His PPG was deflated because he exited one of the games early. Kinda like Kobe in the finals against Indiana.

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2016, 07:22 PM
Magic Johnson got injured and didn't even play in the last 2 games I believe. His PPG was deflated because he exited one of the games early. Kinda like Kobe in the finals against Indiana.

good point, he was at 18 ppg through 2 games minus the 5 minutes of game 3. So thats out the window.

branslowski
06-08-2016, 07:23 PM
Trolling fun aside (u know, the Curry hate cause Kobe fans like him) if someone is using this to bash him then you honestly don't know the game of basketball. His off the ball movement is causing the whole Cavs defense to crash, i never seen anything like it. This guy is placing so much fear in that defense that they just allow players like Green and Iggy to shoot open jumpers. Interesting stat : Green has 25pts on 10-17 fg on uncontested shots through 2 games, by far more than any other player. That right there is the Curry effect. Curry won't win nothin for his current numbers but his impact goes far beyond his own personal stats.

Now I assume trolls will go on about how he isn't needed, thats all good.

ArbitraryWater
06-08-2016, 07:25 PM
Trolling fun aside (u know, the Curry hate cause Kobe fans like him) if someone is using this to bash him then you honestly don't know the game of basketball. His off the ball movement is causing the whole Cavs defense to crash, i never seen anything like it. This guy is placing so much fear in that defense that they just allow players like Green and Iggy to shoot open jumpers. Interesting stat : Green has 25pts on 10-17 fg on uncontested shots through 2 games, by far more than any other player. That right there is the Curry effect. Curry won't win nothin for his current numbers but his impact goes far beyond his own personal stats.

Now I assume trolls will go on about how he isn't needed, thats all good.

They blew out both games with Curry on the bench you dumbass.

Young X
06-08-2016, 07:31 PM

Now I assume trolls will go on about how he isn't needed, thats all good.His game 1 wasn't good and shouldn't have been good enough to win. It wasn't a winning effort to me, he got bailed out by his team. The Warriors won that game because they went +16 when he was on the bench. His game 2 wasn't bad though.

SouBeachTalents
06-08-2016, 07:33 PM
He's got some work to do or he's gonna easily break LeBron's 2011 record of biggest ppg drop off from the regular season to the Finals, which was 9

Funktion
06-08-2016, 07:53 PM
I guess Curry and the starters playing at the pace they are arent the reason the Cavs have been subbing out the starters earlier allowing GS to get the matchups with their bench.

tpols
06-08-2016, 07:56 PM
curry will get some points tonight.. should be closer and he'll get to play a full game maybe.

Hey Yo
06-08-2016, 08:02 PM
curry will get some points tonight.. should be closer and he'll get to play a full game maybe.
He's only avg. about 4mins less in this Finals than he avg. in the reg. season.

tpols
06-08-2016, 08:05 PM
He's only avg. about 4mins less in this Finals than he avg. in the reg. season.

There hasn't been any real urgency in this series yet. Curry thrives under pressure.

branslowski
06-08-2016, 08:09 PM
There hasn't been any real urgency in this series yet. Curry thrives under pressure.

This. Curry led the playoffs witj 46pts in clutch moments (last 5 min)

Also scored 96pts in final 3 games of their 1-3 series comeback vs Thunder, most by a player coming back from a 3-1 deficit in NBA history.

FACTS.

Unreal234
06-08-2016, 08:13 PM
As of now, they don't even need curry to score 20. that might change later in the series.

scandisk_
06-08-2016, 08:18 PM
This guy is placing so much fear in that defense that they just allow players like Green and Iggy to shoot open jumpers.

Trolling aside that's not true and you know it. When he's producing bigtime and his efficiency is through the roof he puts soooo much pressure and panic to the other team. What you said is just flat out disrespect to Green and the rest of the team.

branslowski
06-08-2016, 08:20 PM
Trolling aside that's not true and you know it. When he's producing bigtime and his efficiency is through the roof he puts soooo much pressure and panic to the other team. What you said is just flat out disrespect to Green and the rest of the team.

Green 25pts 10-17FG on UNCONTESTED shots by far the most by any player through 2 games.

I'm not disrespecting him, the Cavs are cause they scared to leave Curry alone.

scandisk_
06-08-2016, 08:23 PM
Green 25pts 10-17FG on UNCONTESTED shots by far the most by any player through 2 games.

I'm not disrespecting him, the Cavs are cause they scared to leave Curry alone.

That's the gayest stat ever and don't say Curry was the sole reason for that. I'm not gonna lie I'm trolling.