PDA

View Full Version : This is not what Healthy Curry looks like (Currys not 100%)

warriorfan
06-09-2016, 02:01 AM
This is not what healthy Curry looks like

This is what healthy Curry looks like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb0wmBUB4cg

It's obvious that he does not have the explosiveness and ability to change direction that he had pre mcl injury

warriorfan
06-09-2016, 02:41 AM
good post OP

KingPush
06-09-2016, 02:44 AM
This is what healthy Curry looks like in the post season

Bawkish
06-09-2016, 02:48 AM
good post OP

OP is a lonely kid

ET phone home

Mr Feeny
06-09-2016, 02:49 AM
Even an injured Curry is better than any version of Kobrick tbf:bowdown:

Fudge
06-09-2016, 02:50 AM
OP had to bump his thread because everybody is brushing past it. :lol

Sad.

Smoke117
06-09-2016, 02:52 AM
OP is such a ****ing loser he has to respond to his own shit threads for them to get any attention...cringe...:lol:

Poetry
06-09-2016, 02:52 AM
I think his health is fine. He should just focus on staying out of foul trouble so he can stay in the game.

impulze
06-09-2016, 02:56 AM
I think his health is fine. He should just focus on staying out of foul trouble so he can stay in the game.
I watched a lot of regular season including lots of Curry. This definitely doesn't feel like Curry at all. Something's wrong, whatever it is.

COnDEMnED
06-09-2016, 02:58 AM
I don't think he's %100, but this is the finals. Most everyone has some sort of issue, one way or another. Even though his team will still likely win the championship, he's not pulling his weight. The mistakes he's making seem to all be mental. Lazy passes, turnovers, and forced/rushed shots. He needs at least one vintage game this series. He can't win the championship getting like 2 points in the entire first half.

Fudge
06-09-2016, 03:01 AM
I watched a lot of regular season including lots of Curry. This definitely doesn't feel like Curry at all. Something's wrong, whatever it is.
:roll:

And?

sportjames23
06-09-2016, 03:03 AM

And?

:oldlol:

Sarcastic
06-09-2016, 03:14 AM
Was he hurt last year when Andre Iguodala won FMVP?

dabigbaws
06-09-2016, 03:25 AM
yes he is mentally unhealthy. such a bitch who fazes out of games COMPLETELY if he doesnt hit his first few shots... quite sad tbh.

RedBlackAttack
06-09-2016, 03:26 AM
I sort of agree with you. I'm guessing after tonight, he has extensive bruising on his ankles.

http://i63.tinypic.com/126ftxj.jpg

Hey Steph, he appears to be going the other direction. Might want to turn around.

FKAri
06-09-2016, 03:44 AM
I sort of agree with you. I'm guessing after tonight, he has extensive bruising on his ankles.

http://i63.tinypic.com/126ftxj.jpg

Hey Steph, he appears to be going the other direction. Might want to turn around.

That can't be good for his ankles :(

Overdrive
06-09-2016, 03:52 AM

It just feels like Finals Curry. He, as dabigbaws stated, loses his confidence once he can't hit shots at ease. Happened last year, too.

Bawkish
06-09-2016, 03:57 AM
It just feels like Finals Curry. He, as dabigbaws stated, loses his confidence once he can't hit shots at ease. Happened last year, too.

this is the reason why MJ doesn't want to rely on 3pt shooting alone

he knows he'll become one dimensional once the 3's not sinking

GoatBoy
06-09-2016, 05:39 AM
good post OP

Xiengqichess
06-09-2016, 05:43 AM
Curry will drop 40+ back to back to win FMVP!
Wait and see!

Asukal
06-09-2016, 06:00 AM
good post OP

Forgot to login your alt? :oldlol: :lol :roll:

Curry himself is not making the injury excuse. Get your lame ass out of here! :hammerhead:

ShawkFactory
06-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Funny how this is only talked about when he's playing like shit.

Steven Kerry
06-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Curry is held every play. How is he supposed to get open?

KG215
06-09-2016, 09:16 AM
Funny how this is only talked about when he's playing like shit.
Since the WCF, by my estimation and based on what Warriorfan and other Curry stans have been saying, Steph was hurt in games one, three, and four of the WCF and games one, two, and three of the NBA Finals. He was healthy in games two, five, six, and seven of the WCF.

k0kakw0rld
06-09-2016, 09:22 AM

It's obvious that he does not have the explosiveness and ability to change direction that he had pre mcl injury
He was also injured last years finals when he faced injured PGs throughou the playoff. He also was injured when he got 0 votes in last years final. You are a fan of a fabicated MVP. Clearly he does not belong in the big league.

k0kakw0rld
06-09-2016, 09:22 AM
Curry is held every play. How is he supposed to get open?
But yet he will survive in the 90s get the **** outta here.

tpols
06-09-2016, 09:23 AM
I dont think he's hurt, just total lack of energy and fire .. he was sleep walking out there and cavs were picking on him

SwayDizzle
06-09-2016, 09:26 AM
this is a mental issue.

Wally450
06-09-2016, 09:45 AM
What a meltdown.

Can't accept the fact that Curry is playing like ass.

diamenz
06-09-2016, 10:55 AM
i think he's just getting bothered on defense. he looked absoltely fine in some of the okc games and esp that blazers ot game. i think teams are just starting to figure out how to guard him - needs to drive more often and be more deceptive at the arc.

warriorfan
06-09-2016, 10:57 AM
good post op, curry's athleticism looks nothing like it did during the regular season

if people want to pretend like playing in the playoffs is going to make curry's athleticism fall off a cliff because he is "scared" and ignore the fact that he tore his MCL just a few weeks ago then fine

let it be known that you are being absolutely crazy and rent free amc has driven you to insanity

Jasper
06-09-2016, 11:12 AM

100% accuse. \

Jasper
06-09-2016, 11:13 AM
good post op, curry's athleticism looks nothing like it did during the regular season

if people want to pretend like playing in the playoffs is going to make curry's athleticism fall off a cliff because he is "scared" and ignore the fact that he tore his MCL just a few weeks ago then fine

let it be known that you are being absolutely crazy and rent free amc has driven you to insanity
your a dic licker , and ball sucker

warriorfan
06-09-2016, 11:15 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409788
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409789
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409787
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=409786

u done melting, little boy?

tmacattack33
06-09-2016, 11:16 AM
Somebody grab some pics of all the injured players the Warriors faced last year (Irving, Love, etc) sitting on the bench in the playoffs and make a thread called "This is not what healthy Irving looks like" etc etc.

LOL at a Warriors fan talking about health.

warriorfan
06-09-2016, 11:20 AM
Somebody grab some pics of all the injured players the Warriors faced last year (Irving, Love, etc) sitting on the bench in the playoffs and make a thread called "This is not what healthy Irving looks like" etc etc.

LOL at a Warriors fan talking about health.

Injuries are part of the game it happens

Cavs were injured last year and Warriors won

This year Warriors are injured and they are still winning

Next year Warriors will be healthy and probably win again

That is how the game goes

Nick Young
06-09-2016, 11:22 AM
Kobe won 2 titles playing on one knee with 3 broken fingers in his shooting hand, with Pau Gasol as his second best player.

Curry has zero excuses.

warriorfan
06-09-2016, 11:24 AM
Kobe won 2 titles playing on one knee with 3 broken fingers in his shooting hand, with Pau Gasol as his second best player.

Curry has zero excuses.

tearing your mcl > finger injury

:facepalm

PP34Deuce
06-09-2016, 11:24 AM
They showed his pregame routine nailing 30 foot jumpers like it's nothing.

If anything, he can't get open because teams are slowly watching previous coaches and tweaking the strategy. Donovan and Cheeks devised a plan and I noticed Game 3 the CAVS used some of it with a tweak.

He's not physical, he wasn't built to be physical. You beat on Curry and over time it can wear him out. People feel like I disrespect him comparing his play to Randy Moss but they are the same type of player.

They get OPPS, they go crazy. They don't get the ball, it's 50-50 if they give effort. It's all mental with him right now.

warriorfan
06-09-2016, 11:25 AM
They showed his pregame routine nailing 30 foot jumpers like it's nothing.

If anything, he can't get open because teams are slowly watching previous coaches and tweaking the strategy. Donovan and Cheeks devised a plan and I noticed Game 3 the CAVS used some of it with a tweak.

He's not physical, he wasn't built to be physical. You beat on Curry and over time it can wear him out. People feel like I disrespect him comparing his play to Randy Moss but they are the same type of player.

They get OPPS, they go crazy. They don't get the ball, it's 50-50 if they give effort. It's all mental with him right now.

he is making shots in open gym

that must mean his MCL tear from a month ago is full healed

ShawkFactory
06-09-2016, 11:27 AM

Usually doesn't take a month for a grade 1 MCL sprain to heal

warriorfan
06-09-2016, 11:28 AM
Usually doesn't take a month for a grade 1 MCL sprain to heal

How many years of medical school did you go to?

How many of Curry's MRI scans did you examine?

Oh yeah thats right, you have no idea what you are talking about

ShawkFactory
06-09-2016, 11:30 AM
How many years of medical school did you go to?

How many of Curry's MRI scans did you examine?

Oh yeah thats right, you have no idea what you are talking about

Well I've worked at a PT clinic for a year, and am about to start school for it.

And there's also the released medical diagnosis, that being a grade 1 sprain. So yea..

warriorfan
06-09-2016, 11:35 AM
Well I've worked at a PT clinic for a year, and am about to start school for it.

And there's also the released medical diagnosis, that being a grade 1 sprain. So yea..

Ok DrShawk, since you are an expert on the subject, can you answer me these quick questions?

Are all diagnosed grade 1 MCL tears the same severity? Can some MCL grade 1 tears be worse than others? Is it ever possible to re-aggravate ligament tear by coming back to physically demanding work too early?

Thank you

PistonsFan#21
06-09-2016, 11:44 AM
This thread is full of excuses and meltdowns

https://media.giphy.com/media/bmujtlix2RKZG/giphy.gif

ShawkFactory
06-09-2016, 11:56 AM
Ok DrShawk, since you are an expert on the subject, can you answer me these quick questions?

Are all diagnosed grade 1 MCL tears the same severity? Can some MCL grade 1 tears be worse than others? Is it ever possible to re-aggravate ligament tear by coming back to physically demanding work too early?

Thank you
No, not all grade 1 sprains are the same. And no two people are the same. Which is the why the range of recovery (2-6 weeks) is so large.

But remember, this range of recovery account for everyone, including 60-year-old ladies.

A 28 year old guy with world class trainers on an accelerated recovery routine? You're fighting an uphill battle convincing anyone that his knee is what's causing this poor performance.

Idk if there's a study for NBA players but I saw one for the NFL, and over half of players with an MCL sprain (and the numbers include the more severe grades) are back playing within two weeks. Some don't even miss time. And this is a more physically demanding sport. Are they %100? Perhaps not. Does 90 and 100 make that much of a difference in basketball or football? Not as much as other sports.

PP34Deuce
06-09-2016, 12:31 PM

People have agreed he's not 100%. Neither is half of the roster that faced some type of injury. No one is 100% right now.

Curry is all mental right now. He's scared to get hurt. Which is why teams encourage him to drive to the paint and chase him off the 3 point line. He's scared to get hurt and it holds him back right now.

Lebron is mental too. He's scared to brick a shot and create a fast break OPP for Golden State. They both have mental blocks that are holding them back.

Keno
06-09-2016, 12:42 PM
nah curry is 100%, he's getting shut down on offence and doesn't play a lick of defence so he's pretty much a liability on the floor for gsw and one of the main reasons gsw is going to lose the series. one of the most overrated players in NBA history.

Goldrush25
06-09-2016, 12:44 PM
You guys saying that Steph is hurt, you think you're protecting his image/legacy, but you're actually making him look worse.

You're making a tacit admission that he cannot overcome adversity. MVP level players are supposed to overcome personal adversity to be great. MJ did with the Flu game. Isiah Thomas did it in game 6 vs Lakers in 1988.

If he's on the court, it doesn't matter what's wrong with him. Get it done. That's what's expected of him I'm not even saying that he can't. But you guys that think you're protecting him, you're not. You're making him look like a wimp. You guys are admitting that you don't think he's good enough to overcome this.

GINOBILI!
06-09-2016, 01:10 PM
Kobe won 2 titles playing on one knee with 3 broken fingers in his shooting hand, with Pau Gasol as the first best player.

Curry has zero excuses.
Fixed.

AirBonner
06-09-2016, 01:12 PM
How do mods allow op to continually make these threads? Smh.

warriorfan
06-09-2016, 01:19 PM
How do mods allow op to continually make these threads? Smh.

meltdown!

Calabis
06-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Once you realize he is being bumped and the defenders are being physical, you will realize why people say he wouldn't be this good when you could handcheck. All you had to do is look when he tried to do the Harlem Globetrotter dribbling he got bumped and lost ball out of bounds...take that away and he will have to run around of picks like Miller had too.

Stringer Bell
06-09-2016, 03:08 PM
He's not 100%, but 0% of players are 100% in June. They are all tired, banged up, injured, etc...

Curry is not the first MVP or great player to have a poor finals, nor will be the last, but it is what it is. He is playing poorly through 3 games.