PDA

View Full Version : Now do you belive me?

Mr Feeny
06-10-2016, 11:39 PM
From all those morons out there like lazarus who insisted that Curry would win "a second title as role player", THIS is what dominance looks like. 30 point with 7 3s in a pivotal game to GUARANTEE the FMVP.

If he doesn't win it it's a joke. If they give it to some scrub on the bench again, it doesn't mean anything. Curry is the one stepping up to lead this team. He is the most valuable player.

And now he's within touching distance of putting his name up in that last bracket of the top 10, with the Hakeems and Ilt's.

And he's still a kid. There's no telling where he'll end up but atleast a bottom top ten is just about guaranteed now, I'd say. Need a dominant closeout game. An iconic mj-like game that would be etched in people's memories. And that will be that. Nobody would be able to talk. I think I'd rank him ahead of Wilt, even.

Amazing player:applause:

IGOTGAME
06-10-2016, 11:41 PM
this is like an average game for someone who is the best player on a Finals team. This is what he should be doing, its nothing thread worthy

Mr Feeny
06-10-2016, 11:43 PM

Wade had 43 in 2006, westbrook 43 in 2012 and Shaq 44 in 2000.
Those besides Bron last year are the only players since MJ to reach those marks in finals.

I wonder if Curry gets 43-45 next game seeing as how he's now in the groove. If he does, then it catapults him to an elite scorer. Big time scorer when it counts and it'll also average out the first 2 games of this series - sub par outputs.
I think this game alone is enough for fmvp. But another big fame chances the narrative of this series from one in which Curry was an average performer, to that where Curry took the series by the scruff of its neck and went on a jordanesque spree.

:applause:

Mr Feeny
06-10-2016, 11:45 PM
this is like an average game for someone who is the best player on a Finals team. This is what he should be doing, its nothing thread worthy

Yes, but I think he's over the hump. You'll see a huge game in game 5.

Moreover, this single game goes a long way to guaranteeing him fmvp. That's why it's significant, not the points total tonight. That chances the whole context of how the 2016 finals will be remembered and how curry's legacy goes down.

Don't you think you can now make an argument he's ahead of Wilt?

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-10-2016, 11:47 PM

Wade had 43 in 2006, westbrook 43 in 2012 and Shaq 44 in 2000.
Those besides Bron last year are the only players since MJ to reach those marks in finals.

I wonder if Curry gets 43-45 next game seeing as how he's now in the groove. If he does, then it catapults him to an elite scorer. Big time scorer when it counts and it'll also average out the first 2 games of this series - sub par outputs.
I think this game alone is enough for fmvp. But another big fame chances the narrative of this series from one in which Curry was an average performer, to that where Curry took the series by the scruff of its neck and went on a jordanesque spree.

Depends if GS doesn't blow them out in Game 5 a la Game 1-2.

Mr Feeny
06-10-2016, 11:49 PM
Depends if GS doesn't blow them out in Game 5 a la Game 1-2.

Good point but I think he'll somewhat go off anyways. 30, minimum :cheers:

Mr Feeny
06-10-2016, 11:58 PM
38 huge points and that's one of the biggest outputs all time. I believe Kobe's highest points total in any finals game in his entire 20 year career was 40. Curry was right there. And he'd. A point guard.

Watch out for a big game next game. As long as he gets 41+ I'm happy:lol

This also pulls up his averages which were rather on the low side earlier on in the series. He's having a decent series now and and other big last game will go a long way to changing the narrative here.

Mr Feeny
06-11-2016, 04:12 AM
Curry has now lifted his ppg and shooting fg% averages :applause:

knicksman
06-11-2016, 05:58 AM
Does this mean that we were right all along about bran mr feeble?

SwayDizzle
06-11-2016, 06:23 AM
mr. feeny, hands down the worst poster on this godforsaken forum.

ArbitraryWater
06-11-2016, 06:53 AM
38 now? Gimme a break... before the final 50 seconds padding, that was 30 points on 10-24 42% shooting :oldlol: (LeBron obviously did the same).

Blue&Orange
06-11-2016, 07:13 AM
38 now? Gimme a break... before the final 50 seconds padding, that was 30 points on 10-24 42% shooting :oldlol: (LeBron obviously did the same).
LEbron did the same? This delusional phagot. Comparing being fouled to Lebron statpadding layups when the team needed 3 pointers.

LEbron makes a career of skilless d-league passes to some random corpse behind the 3pt, but when the team real needs 3 point shots he runs a layups drill on open paint given by gsw.

theaussieguy
06-11-2016, 07:14 AM

those free throws were CRUCIAL to keep them on top

LAZERUSS
06-11-2016, 09:16 AM
From all those morons out there like lazarus who insisted that Curry would win "a second title as role player", THIS is what dominance looks like. 30 point with 7 3s in a pivotal game to GUARANTEE the FMVP.

If he doesn't win it it's a joke. If they give it to some scrub on the bench again, it doesn't mean anything. Curry is the one stepping up to lead this team. He is the most valuable player.

And now he's within touching distance of putting his name up in that last bracket of the top 10, with the Hakeems and Ilt's.

And he's still a kid. There's no telling where he'll end up but atleast a bottom top ten is just about guaranteed now, I'd say. Need a dominant closeout game. An iconic mj-like game that would be etched in people's memories. And that will be that. Nobody would be able to talk. I think I'd rank him ahead of Wilt, even.

Amazing player:applause:

Yep...this is "DOMINANCE" alright.

Give him his FT-padded 38 point game...the FIRST game in this series so far in which he had any contribution...

and here are his numbers...

21.5 ppg, 5.0 rpg, 4.8 apg, and 4.5 to.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

The one area in which he has done anything significant is in TS%... .611.

So, let's compare all of the above with Kobe in his Finals.

High game... Chokurry 38, Kobe 40.

Best TS%... GAC .611 (21.5 ppg)...Kobe .623 (26.8 ppg)

PPG... NIC 26.0 (last year BTW...he's miles from it this year)... Kobe 32.2 ppg

Don't forget our bet, either Feeble.

Your boy Fragile has to EXCEED Kobe in ALL three of those categories.

What are his odds? Let's just use PPG, shall we.

If you are "lucky" enough to have this series go seven games... POS Curry will need to average 46 ppg in those last three games. If it goes six games, he will have to average 54 ppg. And if it is over in five games...he will need a 74 point game.

Good luck on that Feebs.

As for WILT.

Get back to me when Mild Bruise Curry puts up clinching Finals games of 18-27-10 on an .875 FG%, or 21-24; or 23-22; or 24-29-8; or 30-27. Or a must win Finals game of 45-27 on 20-27 shooting.

Or equal's Chamberlain's 29.2 ppg Finals (to go along with 28 rpg.) Or something along the lines of a 23-24 .625 FG% series. Or a FMVP series of 18-29-7 .560. Or another FMVP series of 19-23-7 .600 FG%.

Of course, Chokurry will never match Chamberlain's Warrior career playoff scoring mark of 34.6 ppg. Nor is he likely to equal Wilt's playoff games of 41, 42, 45, 46, 50, 50, 53, and 56 points. BTW...the 45, 46, 50, 53, and 56 point games were in must win playoff games.

And none of that brings rebounding nor defense into the equation either. Sieve Curry is among the worst defenders in the league. BTW, no other player has benefitted from help defense more than the Matador, either. His assignments repeatedly blow by him to the rim, only to have their shots blocked by Bogut or Green,

IF the Warriors win this series, and Band Aid Curry goes on to win the FMVP...he will still be MILES behind Kobe in any ranking system, and LIGHT YEARS behind Chamberlain.

ArbitraryWater
06-11-2016, 10:04 AM
those free throws were CRUCIAL to keep them on top

no shit, but theyre still just FT's with the game over... it wasnt a typical 38 pt game, but a 30 pt one.

100grandman
06-11-2016, 10:07 AM
All last nights game told me is that he was perfectly healthy when he put up piss poor numbers.

LAZERUSS
06-11-2016, 10:09 AM
All last nights game told me is that he was perfectly healthy when he put up piss poor numbers.

This.

But, if he again pukes all over the floor, as he has done for three games in this series...then it will be...well, he has been playing on a leg that was recently amputated.

tpols
06-11-2016, 10:09 AM
no shit, but theyre still just FT's with the game over... it wasnt a typical 38 pt game, but a 30 pt one.

lmao.. if we take away cherry picked points or garbage time points bran might not even be a 20 ppg scorer

tontoz
06-11-2016, 10:18 AM

Since when is 18/9 in only 25 minutes considered piss poor numbers? :confusedshrug:

Game 1 he was legitimately bad, the rest of the team was scoring well, so he didn't try to force up shots in the 2nd half just to get his numbers. That is a good thing.

Game 2 he got in foul trouble. He was fine when he was in the game.

Game 3 was over by the 3rd quarter. If he had chucked up shots to get his numbers it wouldnt have mattered. The Cavs would win that game no matter what he did.

Game 4 was in doubt and he went off, putting the dagger in Cavs fans and Lebron stans everywhere. And it wasnt just his 38 points, it was the way he collapsed the defense leading to easy buckets for other guys. As the announcers pointed out he had several hockey assists.

LAZERUSS
06-11-2016, 10:24 AM
Since when is 18/9 in only 25 minutes considered piss poor numbers? :confusedshrug:

Game 1 he was legitimately bad, the rest of the team was scoring well, so he didn't try to force up shots in the 2nd half just to get his numbers. That is a good thing.

Game 2 he got in foul trouble. He was fine when he was in the game.

Game 3 was over by the 3rd quarter. If he had chucked up shots to get his numbers it wouldnt have mattered. The Cavs would win that game no matter what he did.

Game 4 was in doubt and he went off, putting the dagger in Cavs fans and Lebron stans everywhere. And it wasnt just his 38 points, it was the way he collapsed the defense leading to easy buckets for other guys. As the announcers pointed out he had several hockey assists.

Being a bystander with a meaningless 18 points in 25 minutes (and as always, picking up points with a huge lead in the 4th quarter) doesn't mean he played well.

He has only contributed in ONE game in these Finals.

ArbitraryWater
06-11-2016, 10:29 AM
lmao.. if we take away cherry picked points or garbage time points bran might not even be a 20 ppg scorer

riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Kobe's easily the GOAT padder, though

tontoz
06-11-2016, 10:54 AM
Being a bystander with a meaningless 18 points in 25 minutes (and as always, picking up points with a huge lead in the 4th quarter) doesn't mean he played well.

:facepalm

Curry only scored 3 points in the 4th quarter of game 2, and that was in the first minute of the 4th quarter.

He has only contributed in ONE game in these Finals.

His contribution was only needed in ONE game in the Finals. And in that ONE game he went off when his team needed him, just like he did in the 3 elimination games against OKC.

chazzy
06-11-2016, 12:31 PM
What are his stats outside of garbage time last night and without a 15+ lead in game 3? Remember the stats that showed how a lot of his numbers against the '14 Spurs came with them down 15+? :oldlol:

Mr Feeny
06-11-2016, 02:30 PM
riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Kobe's easily the GOAT padder, thoughAgree with this. I wish Kobe stans would stay out of a debate about better players, in lebron and Curry.
Stay discussing players outside the top 12.