PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Statpadding

Fire Colangelo
06-10-2016, 11:50 PM
:roll: :roll:

LeBron padding his stats in the last 40 seconds of the game.

You ain't gonna win against the Warriors going for 2's when you're down 6-7. Gota let them 3's fly man.

Magic 32
06-11-2016, 12:18 AM
Believe it or not, this shameful display will be used by his stans.

The padding will be buried over the summer, then pop up when his stans tries to excuse this finals loss and promote his overall finals stats compared to Kobe, Curry et cetera.

The same is true with his shameless padding at the end of game 4 in 2013 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBg7m-Wi-4)

It's all about accumulating stats and win a couple of lucky rings here and there.

Dreadful player and dreadful fans.

FKAri
06-11-2016, 12:18 AM
but but did you check his $tats doe?

Akrazotile
06-11-2016, 12:21 AM
Why the **** is Lebron on your minds so much??

Seriously. Tell me right now. Why???

You guys cant leave his nuts alone.

GET.

A ****ING.

LIFE

LBJMVP
06-11-2016, 12:21 AM
Definitely some statpadding but let's not act like every team wouldn't do this... He either bricks a three and golden state gets free throws or makes a layup and golden state gets free throws. There isn't time to run a play.

imdaman99
06-11-2016, 12:23 AM
Curry did the same, getting fouled over and over to go to the line. A few more seconds could have gone off the clock if he passed, but he wanted those points. That memorable '38 point masterpiece'

Magic 32
06-11-2016, 12:24 AM

GET.

A ****ING.

LIFE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad9UqapGC7o&t=2m59s

SouBeachTalents
06-11-2016, 12:24 AM
Curry did the same, getting fouled over and over to go to the line. A few more seconds could have gone off the clock if he passed, but he wanted those points. That memorable '38 point masterpiece'

:biggums: He's the best FT shooter in the league, why would he pass?

eliteballer
06-11-2016, 08:29 PM
He got 6 points off of statpadding.

His numbers during the series are respectable but make him look like he's having a waay bigger impact than he actually is.

The King of empty stats.

Bless Mathews
06-11-2016, 11:41 PM

:facepalm

You don't understand basketball , do you?

Dumbest Poast of the week nominee.

sd3035
06-11-2016, 11:44 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Clearly you have no understanding of the game

imdaman99
06-12-2016, 12:31 AM
:biggums: He's the best FT shooter in the league, why would he pass?
The game was over at that point, 8 pt lead and you don't use up a few more seconds to pass it to an open Klay to dribble out the clock? Maybe keep passing it back and forth when someone came at you? His stat padding started the game earlier anyway, he gonna get his Finals MVP now :banana:

imdaman99
06-12-2016, 12:32 AM

You don't understand basketball , do you?

Dumbest Poast of the week nominee.
It's alright, he's in prime position to get Finals MVP now :rockon:

bluechox2
06-12-2016, 01:47 AM

You Went Full Retard Man...Never Go Full Retard...You Just Dont Do IT

zizozain
06-12-2016, 10:07 AM
Believe it or not, this shameful display will be used by his stans.

The padding will be buried over the summer, then pop up when his stans tries to excuse this finals loss and promote his overall finals stats compared to Kobe, Curry et cetera.

The same is true with his shameless padding at the end of game 4 in 2013 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YBg7m-Wi-4)

It's all about accumulating stats and win a couple of lucky rings here and there.

Dreadful player and dreadful fans.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410173

Blue&Orange
06-12-2016, 10:49 AM
The game was over at that point, 8 pt lead and you don't use up a few more seconds to pass it to an open Klay to dribble out the clock? Maybe keep passing it back and forth when someone came at you? His stat padding started the game earlier anyway, he gonna get his Finals MVP now :banana:
Lebrontards propaganda are getting to you. It was a 7 point game, two missed free throws, cavs make a three and it's a 4 point game.

You should ask Spurs fans about how does it feel to lose a championship when even the other team fans are leaving the arena.

I can't think of one reason for Curry to pass the ball. Klay was open? says who? And there was nobody between him and klay that could steal the pass? Yes Curry a deadly FT shooter should have risk a pass so that you wouldn't be so annoyed.

I can only think the shitstorm if Curry passed the ball and was stolen or the other guy missed the ft's.

diamenz
06-12-2016, 10:52 AM

GET.

A ****ING.

LIFE

because fake ass ni99as need to be called out again, again and again.

aj1987
06-12-2016, 12:35 PM
Wait. When LeBron scores trying to win the game, it's statpadding, but when anyone else does it, it's not?

LeBron haters are literally the dumbest people in the world. If it was possible, they'd have negative IQ's.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-12-2016, 12:40 PM
Wait. When LeBron scores trying to win the game, it's statpadding, but when anyone else does it, it's not?

LeBron haters are literally the dumbest people in the world. If it was possible, they'd have negative IQ's.

Pretty sure the OP is a LeBron fan, but regardless of that, are you denying that was BLATANT statpadding last game?

The guy was going for open layups when the Cavs needed f*cking threes. :oldlol:

MP.Trey
06-12-2016, 12:40 PM

He should have been going for threes if he really wanted to win the game. You know Golden State isn't missing free throws, so why trade 2 points for 2 points while taking time off the clock? He should have drove and kicked like he did ALL GAME LONG. Don't wait until you're down 8 with a minute left to start being aggressive at the basket.

And I'm a huge LeBron fan. But he deserves criticism.

tpols
06-12-2016, 12:48 PM

http://static1.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1425/14251903/2563254-1361589542722.gif

aj1987
06-12-2016, 12:56 PM
Pretty sure the OP is a LeBron fan, but regardless of that, are you denying that was BLATANT statpadding last game?

I was pointing out the hypocrisy. LeBron trying to win the game (even if he was taking 2's or whatever) = statpadding, but Curry trying to get his when the game was essentially over isn't?

Great argument as always, tpols. As I said, Chokebe stans are retarded beyond belief.

He should have been going for threes if he really wanted to win the game. You know Golden State isn't missing free throws, so why trade 2 points for 2 points while taking time off the clock? He should have drove and kicked like he did ALL GAME LONG. Don't wait until you're down 8 with a minute left to start being aggressive at the basket.

And I'm a huge LeBron fan. But he deserves criticism.
Didn't say that he doesn't.

tpols
06-12-2016, 12:58 PM
AJ, curry is the dub's best FT shooter and the cavs had to foul because of time restriction.. this is common place strategy that has existed for decades. You have no clue what you're talking about, thats why everyone's calling you out, even Cavs fans dummy.

Hey Yo
06-12-2016, 01:07 PM

So was this guy, but why no mention of it??

0:31 Kyrie Irving makes driving layup, 100-93

aj1987
06-12-2016, 02:58 PM
AJ, curry is the dub's best FT shooter and the cavs had to foul because of time restriction.. this is common place strategy that has existed for decades. You have no clue what you're talking about, thats why everyone's calling you out, even Cavs fans dummy.
So, why is LeBron scoring statpadding and not Curry's? The decision to take those particular shots can certainly be scrutinized and I'm not arguing against that. That was just low IQ, but how is that statpadding? Kobe stans keep getting dumber by the minute.

BTW, the Cavs as a team shot 25% from the 3 and as Hey Yo mentioned, it wasn't just LeBron driving.

scm5
06-12-2016, 03:34 PM
So, why is LeBron scoring statpadding and not Curry's? The decision to take those particular shots can certainly be scrutinized and I'm not arguing against that. That was just low IQ, but how is that statpadding? Kobe stans keep getting dumber by the minute.

BTW, the Cavs as a team shot 25% from the 3 and as Hey Yo mentioned, it wasn't just LeBron driving.

You seem to not understand the game very well at all.

aj1987
06-12-2016, 06:05 PM
You seem to not understand the game very well at all.
You seem to not understand simple English, kid.

Milbuck
06-12-2016, 06:51 PM

Curry wasn't stat padding because the Cavs were going to keep fouling, and as the best FT shooter on the team he got the ball. Lebron was stat padding because the Warriors were going 2/2 every time down and his team needed 3s, but he opted to get himself easy points instead of giving his team a chance to win. I mean we can call it low IQ but I highly doubt that was just him being dumb.

Cali Syndicate
06-12-2016, 07:20 PM

Pass it around to open an opportunity for a turnover and easy basket the Other way or hold on to it basically for an automatic two? Not a difficult scenario to do the right thing.

aj1987
06-12-2016, 08:01 PM
Curry wasn't stat padding because the Cavs were going to keep fouling, and as the best FT shooter on the team he got the ball. Lebron was stat padding because the Warriors were going 2/2 every time down and his team needed 3s, but he opted to get himself easy points instead of giving his team a chance to win. I mean we can call it low IQ but I highly doubt that was just him being dumb.
The Cavs were beyond cold from the 3. They were flat out garbage. I'm pretty sure that LeBron was just hoping them to miss FT's ('13 G6), rather than take a 3 (1-5 for the game) or trust his teammates to make one.

FireDavidKahn
06-12-2016, 08:03 PM

GET.

A ****ING.

LIFE

:yaohappy:
Because it's the NBA Finals, where there are two teams left...What the **** else are people going to talk about? What FA Detroit needs to become a contender?:facepalm

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-12-2016, 08:06 PM
The Cavs were beyond cold from the 3. They were flat out garbage. I'm pretty sure that LeBron was just hoping them to miss FT's ('13 G6), rather than take a 3 (1-5 for the game) or trust his teammates to make one.

Nah, LeBron was definitely stat padding. There's simply no way someone can excuse that, hell even JVG called him out on it.

I mean, expecting the Warriors to miss freethrows? Curry even? Don't hold your breath man.

NBAGOAT
06-12-2016, 08:09 PM
Nah, LeBron was definitely stat padding. There's simply no way someone can excuse that, hell even JVG called him out on it.

I mean, expecting the Warriors to miss freethrows? Curry even? Don't hold your breath man.

was gundy just saying everyone's stats were being padded(difference between statpadding and stats being padded) or was he just trying to be a little more subtle with his criticism of Lebron since he said something along the lines of "this is what we call garbage time. Time to get your stats up whether it's layups or ft's"

aj1987
06-12-2016, 08:17 PM

What sense does it exactly make for LeBron to "pad" his stats like you said? Those 2's cost them the game. What do you think he would prefer? A 25 point game or going into G5 tied 2-2?

Also, I don't understand why you guys are assuming that the Warriors automatically get FT's. Things like 5 seconds inbounds violations and stealing the inbounds pass exist.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-12-2016, 08:21 PM
What sense does it exactly make for LeBron to "pad" his stats like you said? Those 2's cost them the game. What do you think he would prefer? A 25 point game or going into G5 tied 2-2?

Also, I don't understand why you guys are assuming that the Warriors automatically get FT's. Things like 5 seconds inbounds violations and stealing the inbounds pass exist.

I have no idea what goes on in LeBron's head, but I could only assume one would stat pad to...up their averages and stats.

There's really no point in going for layup, after layup, after layup...when the Cavs needed threes. It literally makes no sense.

@NBAGOAT - I took it as a shot at Bron, at least when I was watching live and in the moment.

elementally morale
06-12-2016, 08:42 PM
@NBAGOAT - I took it as a shot at Bron, at least when I was watching live and in the moment.

It may have been. Only van Gundy knows. But I took it as a shot at a terrible ending to a game where both teams' best players are going to collect some garbage points.

aj1987
06-13-2016, 04:12 AM
I have no idea what goes on in LeBron's head, but I could only assume one would stat pad to...up their averages and stats.

There's really no point in going for layup, after layup, after layup...when the Cavs needed threes. It literally makes no sense.
Again, what sense does it make to lose a game for 6 points and maintaining your series average? It's not like LeBron never shot without giving a **** about his averages. See '15 Finals and the end of regulation of G6 in '13.

feyki
06-13-2016, 08:10 AM

That biased ..

PP34Deuce
06-13-2016, 08:57 AM

First layup attempt was almost a 3 point play. When he didn't get the roll I knew they weren't winning.

Golden state has blanketed shooters and it's because of him not being willing to take shots they give him. We know he's a bad shooter but if a team is giving you 18 feet. At least take the midrange shot. Open a lane for shooter or finisher.

dontgetchoked
06-13-2016, 09:44 AM
:facepalm how can anyone argue that lebron wasnt stat padding?

this video is from directly after the game https://youtu.be/99Vct7CdedU?t=65

how is it that he got like 3 layups in a row? because gs is giving up those shots, let them take layups, dont give up a three, lebron was playing into the dubs defensive strategy. notice how those shots werent available for him before the end of the game.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-13-2016, 09:50 AM
Again, what sense does it make to lose a game for 6 points and maintaining your series average? It's not like LeBron never shot without giving a **** about his averages. See '15 Finals and the end of regulation of G6 in '13.

No more sense than it does gunning for layups and expecting Golden State to miss freethrows when you need threes.

Hey Yo
06-13-2016, 09:58 AM

You think that's what Kyrie was doing also?

aj1987
06-13-2016, 10:30 AM
No more sense than it does gunning for layups and expecting Golden State to miss freethrows when you need threes.
Exactly. LeBron was dumb AF for doing it. I'm not excusing his performance. Dude has been turning it over like 6 times a game and can't shoot to save his life. Just saying that not everything is stat padding.

choppermagic
06-13-2016, 11:00 AM
You think that's what Kyrie was doing also?

He was following the example set by their leader for sure.