PDA

View Full Version : Didn't think it was possible...but Kobe's legacy is skyrocketing after he retired...

stalkerforlife
06-11-2016, 01:19 AM
Everyone knows Kobe in place of Bran would win the title for the Cavs.

I see it everywhere..."Why doesn't Bran just play like Kobe? Give your team a chance to win."

People will have to respect Kobe more and more after watching the betas in the game today.

The only player even close to the Kobe mentality is Curry...and he's the best in the world.

Kobe, along with Jordan, Magic, Kareem, and Russell, are the ultimate winners in NBA history. Curry may be on that path.

TomCat
06-11-2016, 01:20 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/24bs27a.jpg

riseagainst
06-11-2016, 01:24 AM
Agreed. Kobe is a damn legend. Top 3 all time.

:bowdown:

Mr. Jabbar
06-11-2016, 01:24 AM
:cheers: :bowdown:

stalkerforlife
06-11-2016, 01:25 AM
Agreed. Kobe is a damn legend. Top 3 all time.

:bowdown:

Yep.

You can interchange Kareem and Kobe and 2/3.

I have Kobe at 2nd.

elementally morale
06-11-2016, 01:28 AM
I knew it would. He was fun to hate and gave many good reasons to. But at the end of the day, people are going to miss great players. Most Laker fans hated Bird and many of them (us) didn't like Jordan as much as the rest of the world. But after the dust has settled, we acknowledge them as the best of the best. The same is going to happen to Kobe. OK, a tier below those two but the same phenomenon.

stalkerforlife
06-11-2016, 01:29 AM
I knew it would. He was fun to hate and gave many good reasons to. But at the end of the day, people are going to miss great players. Most Laker fans hated Bird and many of them (us) didn't like Jordan as much as the rest of the world. But after the dust has settled, we acknowledge them as the best of the best. The same is going to happen to Kobe. OK, a tier below those two but the same phenomenon.

Kobe's better than Bird.

kamil
06-11-2016, 01:30 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/24bs27a.jpg

:applause:

bigkingsfan
06-11-2016, 01:32 AM
Going to crack the top 10 at this rate.

elementally morale
06-11-2016, 01:32 AM
Kobe's better than Bird.

If basketball was a series of playing one on one, I'd agree. But it's not.

stalkerforlife
06-11-2016, 01:33 AM

You can play 10 on 10 and it doesn't matter...Kobe's better.

riseagainst
06-11-2016, 01:33 AM

this isn't about lebron. Kobe, however, is already top 3.

elementally morale
06-11-2016, 01:34 AM

I was a big fan of his and I'm totally fine with him being in the 8-12 range. I have him in the top 10 but if someone has him as 11 so be it. The same for LeBron for different reasons.

Cold soul
06-11-2016, 01:35 AM

Kobe is slightly better player to me and had better career resume. I loved Bird but that back injury killed his career he had several great years left. Kobe longevity wins out here.

elementally morale
06-11-2016, 01:40 AM
Kobe longevity wins out here.

When comparing players I prefer prime to prime to longevity. To me all time ranking is about playing ability for best 6-8 years.

Cold soul
06-11-2016, 01:45 AM
When comparing players I prefer prime to prime to longevity. To me all time ranking is about playing ability for best 6-8 years.

That's understandable however, I believe Kobe was on Bird level during his prime years both are on same tier of greatness as far as players go. Kobe had the better overall career in the end.

HOoopCityJones
06-11-2016, 04:28 AM
Kobe is one of the most decorated players all time. The number of accolades he has in various areas of the game is astonishing. Consider he was also robbed of at least one MVP because of Eagle, Colorado.

BigNBAfan
06-11-2016, 04:41 AM

Prime to prime where do you rank tmac among guards than....

StephHamann
06-11-2016, 05:41 AM
Didn't think it was possible...butOP's legacy is skyrocketing after he retired...

:rockon:

9erempiree
06-11-2016, 05:59 AM
I have Kobe in my top 3 and then it becomes a flip of a coin to see who is the greatest of all time.

I am quite sad that Kobe is gone after watching Lebron in the Finals. You can clearly see where and what stats can get you but you need to killer instinct. He is such a weak ass and his game is horrendous. For a guy that gets triple doubles his scoring arsenal is so garbage. It is hard to watch.

Lebron has also help elevate Kobe's legacy because if he's the best player in the league then it really says where current stars are at.

You can also argue weak era.

SwayDizzle
06-11-2016, 06:21 AM
kobe is in the same tier as bird and magic and only slightly below MJ. kobe is the closest thing to MJ we have seen. kobe could do it all. amazing passer, great rebounder, elite defender, the GOAT scorer. if you want to focus on primes, kobe was top 5 of all time.

game3524
06-11-2016, 12:24 PM
Lebron's failures doesn't elevate Kobe IMO since I have always had him higher on my all-time rankings.

Kobe is just a better basketball player. I know Lebron stans will bring up PER, WS, TS% and all that stuff and that is fine, but when you actually watch them play and see how defensives game plan for them then the choice of who is better is pretty obvious to me.

NBASTATMAN
06-11-2016, 12:30 PM
KOBE Lost to Nash after being up 3-1 and CHOKING IN GAME 7... Dont ever say he is better than Bird... Kobe was garbage vs the Celtics in 2008 and 2010...

Kobe AS THE LEADER OF HIS TEAM never beat a 60 win team never mind a 70 WIN TEAM...

How come Kobe only scored over 40 pts once IN THE FINALS... PURE GARBAGE JUST LIKE LEBRON....

KOBE AND LEBRON WERE made to look like AIR JORDAN HEIRS BUT they both stunk WHEN IT CAME TO BIG TIME GAMES... Crazy thing is Lebron probably has more BIG TIME GAMES THAN KOBE IN THE FINALS....
Either way both are overrated and I HAVE WRITTEN THIS FOR YEARS....

Curry about to SURPASS BOTH OF THEM... :roll: I LOVE IT

sammichoffate
06-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Lebron Stans purged themselves from this thread :lol objectively,, bean is top 5. I would take MJ, Kareem, magic, Shaq/bird with Kobe

NBASTATMAN
06-11-2016, 12:33 PM
Kobe is one of the most decorated players all time. The number of accolades he has in various areas of the game is astonishing. Consider he was also robbed of at least one MVP because of Eagle, Colorado.

In 2010 NBA FINALS PAU SHOULD HAVE WON THE FINALS MVP.. And in 2008 Chris Paul should have won the REGULAR SEASON MVP...

KOBE has a solid case for 2006 MVP But NASH BEAT KOBE HEAD TO HEAD IN THE PLAYOFFS after KOBE had a 3-1 LEAD...
Still I would have given that MVP to Kobe... He should have won Regular season MVP and 1 Finals MVP... :rockon: