PDA

View Full Version : So who will offer Harrison Barnes a max deal this summer?

All Net
06-11-2016, 05:43 PM
We have cap space so wouldn't be shocked with Luke on board that we offer him a huge deal. Not that it would be wise.

He is RFA so GS can match any offer but who would offer him a max deal?

PsychoBe
06-11-2016, 05:43 PM
no one who wants to compete for a title

FireDavidKahn
06-11-2016, 05:44 PM
Lakers will.:bowdown:

FireDavidKahn
06-11-2016, 05:45 PM
Lakers will.:bowdown:
Another superstar signs with the Lakers!

r0drig0lac
06-11-2016, 05:49 PM
Lakers for sure

Akrazotile
06-11-2016, 05:50 PM
Teams throw maxes at second tier, even third tier guys all the time, so he'll almost surely get one. Question is from whom? Would be hilarious if Lakers.

DMAVS41
06-11-2016, 05:51 PM
A lot of teams probably.

Lebronxrings
06-11-2016, 05:52 PM
cavs after lebron leaves their dysfunctional asses and decides to go someplace that isn't run by an organization filled with men with the IQ of a 10 year old.

Akrazotile
06-11-2016, 05:53 PM
cavs after lebron leaves their dysfunctional asses and decides to go someplace that isn't run by an organization filled with men with the IQ of a 10 year old.

:applause::cheers:

bdreason
06-11-2016, 05:54 PM
The real question is if the Warriors will match. Or if we can get him to take a small discount to play for championships. I know the cap is exploding, but I'm not sure where we'll be after paying giving Curry close to $30m per.

Akrazotile
06-11-2016, 05:58 PM
The real question is if the Warriors will match. Or if we can get him to take a small discount to play for championships. I know the cap is exploding, but I'm not sure where we'll be after paying giving Curry close to $30m per.

For someone like Barnes who's young and has already won 2 as a roleplayer, it makes little sense. Choosing less money and a smaller role at 23 years old? Cant see this happening.

Carbine
06-11-2016, 06:00 PM
He's not even averaging 10 points 5 boards this post season run. He's shooting 42.5 percent.

I feel bad for whoever offers him a max deal.

For the Warriors it makes sense (if the owners are willing to pay the tax money) because unless they pull off some wild sign and trade for Durant, they won't be able to upgrade upon Barnes with the money they save by letting him go.

Dr. Cheesesteak
06-11-2016, 06:05 PM
LAL is obvious choice. How about a wild card out of nowhere like Portland or Washington (after they fail to get KD)? That'd be sick...

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-11-2016, 06:10 PM
He's not even averaging 10 points 5 boards this post season run. He's shooting 42.5 percent.

I feel bad for whoever offers him a max deal.

For the Warriors it makes sense (if the owners are willing to pay the tax money) because unless they pull off some wild sign and trade for Durant, they won't be able to upgrade upon Barnes with the money they save by letting him go.

I will say though, he is a forgotten man in their offense. He could (IMO) be putting up somewhere in the neighborhood of 18 PPG/8 RPG in the right system. His numbers are actually better at PF than at SF. He could be a very good weapon as a smallball stretch 4 in the league. (Similar to Rashard Lewis a few years ago....)

Don't think he is worth the max though. But hell, guys like V-Span get maxed out in this league.

impulze
06-11-2016, 06:45 PM
Barnes has been awesome those playoffs, can't wait for the picks. It'll be interesting for sure. Not sure why so many ppl want all great players on the Lakers team, you can't have them all. :D
I'm almost certain Durant will switch teams too, his press conference after the defeat didn't sound too "pro OKC".
Durant to the Lakers would be huuuuge. I can also imagine Barnes being a role player at GSW next year.

FreezingTsmoove
06-11-2016, 07:05 PM
Every team in the league should

Hes Kawhi Leonard in the right system

impulze
06-11-2016, 07:09 PM

While he hasn't been a constant in the regular season he certainly raised up to the challenge in the playoffs. He's been very good, unlike Kawwhi. If the warriors won't keep him I'm sure he'll get a great contrract.

GrapeApe
06-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Barnes is an all-star caliber talent and obviously better than his numbers suggest. He's also just 24 years old and he has championship experience. In the right situation he could be a star. Not a first tier star or franchise player, but a solid 2nd or 3rd guy on a very good team. That's probably worth a max contract.

ClipperRevival
06-11-2016, 08:38 PM
Barnes is an all-star caliber talent and obviously better than his numbers suggest. He's also just 24 years old and he has championship experience. In the right situation he could be a star. Not a first tier star or franchise player, but a solid 2nd or 3rd guy on a very good team. That's probably worth a max contract.

He's got the size/athleticism you can't teach but what have we seen from him in terms of skill? Of course a guy like him will impact the game in certain ways but I just haven't seen enough polish in his game to suggest that he can be the 2nd best player on a championship team. 3rd best? Maybe by playing great D, running the floor and just impacting the game with his athleticism. But no way I am giving this dude the max. Heck, DeRozan is much more appealing as a max over him because at least he is a proven scorer who can get to the rack.

imdaman99
06-11-2016, 08:47 PM
He was a stud in college and a top recruit. He obviously hasn't proven he's a max player, but his potential is there. Like someone said, a Rashard Lewis type player. He played in a winning system and sacrificed a lot to be their 4th-5th option.

I hope Golden State loses him, they would be forced to start Iggy and lose some of their bench magic. No team that won 73 games should be allowed to keep all their pieces together, young players wanna get paid because it's not as if they are guaranteed more than 10 years to make the millions. They can get injured tomorrow and never make 'enough'.

JGXEN
06-11-2016, 09:29 PM
to be honest, i'm not even sure if he's better than gordon hayward

dazzer87
06-11-2016, 09:51 PM
Warriros going to offer him 20 a year... :roll:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/06/11/report-warriors-believe-harrison-barnes-worth-20-million-next-season/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs&yptr=yahoo

Cleverness
06-11-2016, 11:50 PM
Great speaker, very professional, future politician, damn good player. His numbers would be much higher if he was #1 option

Lakers will offer max

FireDavidKahn
06-11-2016, 11:51 PM

:biggums: :durantunimpressed: :whatever: :kobe: :yaohappy:

Genaro
06-11-2016, 11:57 PM
I don't know if someone will offer him the max. If the Lakers end up with Ingram, no need to sign a SF to play in front of him.
I can see the Sixers and the Wizards throwing some money on him.

Prime_Shaq
06-12-2016, 12:04 AM
He's a decent player but I think he doesn't have that much potential. What you see from him is what you're gonna get. Definitely not worth the max imo.

FashionIssues
06-12-2016, 12:09 AM
warriors are intent on keeping their homegrown picks. they have 8 free agents in the off season and their #1 priority is to match any offer for barnes.

hold this L
06-12-2016, 12:12 AM
While he hasn't been a constant in the regular season he certainly raised up to the challenge in the playoffs. He's been very good, unlike Kawwhi. If the warriors won't keep him I'm sure he'll get a great contrract.
What are you talking about? He's been mediocre for 3 straight series until the final. Comparing him to Kawhi whose a vastly superior player is ridiculous, implying he was better is just stupid.

Hoping the answer is anyone but the Warriors. If he signs for the Warriors, it will break the wage system and say bye bye to the bench next summer when Curry resigns.