PDA

View Full Version : My ISH Ballers; Could You Score On Andre Iguodala Given 10 Tries

50inchvertical
06-11-2016, 07:17 PM
As the title states, you just have to pay a fee, and for say 10 bucks they hand you the ball, an open half court and you just get to try to score on Andre Iguodala 1 on 1 for a prize, you get 10 chances.

If you score, he gives you $1,000 bucks and takes a picture with you and says "I can't guard [your name here]" in real life and on #social media. The assumption is that he is really trying hard

What's your go to move? Do you think you could? How many tries? Would you take the chance in front of your girl? What if you could pick from a selection of NBA players? Who do you pick and why? Think your chances improve?

http://niketalk.com/content/type/61/id/2054308/flags/LL

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/warriors/sites/default/files/styles/story_main_photo/public/andre_1314defense_760.jpg

Jameerthefear
06-11-2016, 07:22 PM
Hell no.

SAKOTXA
06-11-2016, 07:22 PM
One on one in an open half court? Where do I sign up? I'll even pay $100 to win $1000. I would at least make 3.

What makes Iggy a great defender is that he has great defensive teammates and all he has to worry about i forcing the opposition that way and contest the shot.

TomCat
06-11-2016, 07:23 PM
the mamba dropped 50 on this clown

FreezingTsmoove
06-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Yes

Just look at Devin Booker vs Iggy one on one on youtube

Id smoke this clown

Not in a 5 on 5 tho

ClipperRevival
06-11-2016, 07:28 PM
I could get at least 1. I'll operate from the TT, around the elbow, give him a hard jab step right, and go one dribble left and pull up. He'll probably block it. Next time, I do the same except I don't pull up but go through the motion of pulling up and he jumps to block it but I give the fake and drive in. Being the offensive player means you dictate the action. If you know what you're doing, scoring 1 out of 10 times isn't near impossible. Just need to get him off balanced for that one move.

Akrazotile
06-11-2016, 07:28 PM
If all you need is one basket out of 10 tries it shouldnt be that hard. You just dribble in as close as you can get and put up a lil hook shot that he wont have an easy chance to block.

Obviously playing to WIN a 1 on 1 match youll have no chance because most of the time the shot isnt gonna fall and he'll get the rebound and destroy you. But if you only need to make 1 out of 10 tries, Id say the odds are pretty favorable. Paying $10 to attempt this for a $1,000 payout is an absolute no brainer.

ClipperRevival
06-11-2016, 07:45 PM
I know most people view NBA players as God like figures but I don't. I see them and think I should be in their shoes but I wasn't blessed with God given talents because at the end of the day, that's what NBA players are, people who were just blessed with physical gifts. Man I just wish I was 6'6" with decent athleticism. I would've left nothing on the table and maximized my talents. In another life, I will be an NBA player competing for championships.

This is why i can't stand guys who were given amazing gifts, like Ilt, LeBron, Wes Johnson, Beasley, D. Williams, J. Mcgee, and on and on. There are guys who would give anything, like myself, to have their talents and would've tried to rip sh't up at the NBA level and they waste it away.

CuterThanRubio
06-11-2016, 07:47 PM
I could get at least 1. I'll operate from the TT, around the elbow, give him a hard jab step right, and go one dribble left and pull up. He'll probably block it. Next time, I do the same except I don't pull up but go through the motion of pulling up and he jumps to block it but I give the fake and drive in. Being the offensive player means you dictate the action. If you know what you're doing, scoring 1 out of 10 times isn't near impossible. Just need to get him off balanced for that one move.

Not doubting your skills, but how tall are you?

Igoudala could afford to bite on the fake and recover in time to alter or block your shot since he has crazy reach and can jump out of the gym, I don't think attacking the body would be a good strategy unless you LeStiffarm'd him out of the way first!

I could possibly get one if my shot was on, I'm a trash talker and I don't get intimidated on the court but my mechanics are terrible, I'd just launch a three immediately after checking the ball if he gave me any breathing room or back up dribble like I was preparing to drive, head fake and pull up.

After that it would be tough since he has the stamina to clamp down for the entire duration of the possession and I don't think I could do much if he was playing tight from the check in, and he would be since he figured out my strategy if I miss the first.

Jameerthefear
06-11-2016, 07:49 PM
I know most people view NBA players as God like figures but I don't. I see them and think I should be in their shoes but I wasn't blessed with God given talents because at the end of the day, that's what NBA players are, people who were just blessed with physical gifts. Man I just wish I was 6'6" with decent athleticism. I would've left nothing on the table and maximized my talents. In another life, I will be an NBA player competing for championships.

This is why i can't stand guys who were given amazing gifts, like Ilt, LeBron, Wes Johnson, Beasley, D. Williams, J. Mcgee, and on and on. There are guys who would give anything, like myself, to have their talents and would've tried to rip sh't up at the NBA level and they waste it away.
I don't think he's a God or anything. He's 6'7 with a huge wingspan though and OP said he's actually trying. I'm 6'0. I can't shoot over him nor really drive past him. Might be able to freeze him enough with a reverse pivot but besides that it'd be pretty tough.

j3lademaster
06-11-2016, 07:56 PM
the mamba dropped 50 on this clownyes, and i'm sure ish is just oozing with ballers on Kobe ****ing Bryant's level.

tpols
06-11-2016, 07:56 PM
against a locked in Iggy who has something to lose, nobody on this site is scoring on him.. he would embarrass you.

ClipperRevival
06-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Not doubting your skills, but how tall are you?

Igoudala could afford to bite on the fake and recover in time to alter or block your shot since he has crazy reach and can jump out of the gym, I don't think attacking the body would be a good strategy unless you LeStiffarm'd him out of the way first!

I could possibly get one if my shot was on, I'm a trash talker and I don't get intimidated on the court but my mechanics are terrible, I'd just launch a three immediately after checking the ball if he gave me any breathing room or back up dribble like I was preparing to drive, head fake and pull up.

After that it would be tough since he has the stamina to clamp down for the entire duration of the possession and I don't think I could do much if he was playing tight from the check in, and he would be since he figured out my strategy if I miss the first.

Nothing in my move involves bodyng him up. If you know what to do from the TT position, the defender is at your mercy. My move is based on quickness. Quickness kills in bball.The TT is the most basic offensive, attack position. If you can master that, you can do damage, especially if you master the one dribble pull up.

tpols
06-11-2016, 07:59 PM
Nothing in my move involves bodyng him up. If you know what to do from the TT position, the defender is at your mercy. My move is based on quickness. Quickness kills in bball.The TT is the most basic offensive, attack position. If you can master that, you can do damage, especially if you master the one dribble pull up.

cmon bro.. iggy's reflexes to swipe, and move with an offensive player are sharpened by years of experience against some of the best athletes and players in the world.. he would humiliate you from triple threat top of the key if he was locked in. Your only hope is him going soft and letting a fan score on him

bdreason
06-11-2016, 07:59 PM
If I'm forced to take him from half court? I doubt I would get a bucket in 10 tries. If I'm allowed to start on the high/low post? Maybe I could get 1 or 2.

For the people who think you're gonna get buckets against Iggy bringing the ball up the court? I think you're fooling yourself.

Proctor
06-11-2016, 08:00 PM
My only hope would be to pull up from Curry range where he isn't up in my face, and maybe I could sink one.

Jameerthefear
06-11-2016, 08:03 PM
How tall are you?

bdreason
06-11-2016, 08:05 PM

Stop. Steph Curry is 6'3" 185lbs soaking wet... And he's the back to back MVP. Steve Nash is even smaller and less athletic, and has two MVP's as well.

Real14
06-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Of course I could score on him.

ClipperRevival
06-11-2016, 08:06 PM
cmon bro.. iggy's reflexes to swipe, and move with an offensive player are sharpened by years of experience against some of the best athletes and players in the world.. he would humiliate you from triple threat top of the key if he was locked in. Your only hope is him going soft and letting a fan score on him

Of course his size/length/athleticism gives him a huge edge but at its core, bball is bball. If you know the game, you know the game. If you get him off balanced for a split second, you can get a shot off. You just have to know what you're doing. Of course if you get some dumbo in there, he'll get destroyed by Iggy. But if you can play, you can play. We are talking about scoring 1 bucket out of 10 tries, not beating him or anything like that.

ClipperRevival
06-11-2016, 08:08 PM
How tall are you?

5'7". Now you see why I wish I was taller? Lol. But I've played against dudes 6'9" or 6'3" dudes who are athletic as hell and still scored on them. You need to set them up. It's a game of skill and athleticism.

CuterThanRubio
06-11-2016, 08:09 PM
5'7". Now you see why I wish I was taller? Lol. But I've played against dudes 6'9" or 6'3" dudes who are athletic as hell and still scored on them. You need to set them up. It's a game of skill and athleticism.

:roll:

Enough with the nonsense please

tpols
06-11-2016, 08:11 PM

... you would get manhandled and swatted so bad if he tried dude.. so bad. thats not an insult.

ClipperRevival
06-11-2016, 08:12 PM
Stop. Steph Curry is 6'3" 185lbs soaking wet... And he's the back to back MVP. Steve Nash is even smaller and less athletic, and has two MVP's as well.

They are the EXCEPTION and not the rule. Curry is the shortest player EVER to be recognized as the best player in the league and I consider Nash the most skilled player ever.

ClipperRevival
06-11-2016, 08:15 PM

Enough with the nonsense please

You just proved my point. Once you knew my height, you brushed off everything I said. It only proves my POINT that NBA playere aren't there because they are the most skilled but because they were blessed with God given talents. There are a lot of ballers on this planet who can really ball. The only thing separating them from NBA players is the difference in height/athleticism.

ClipperRevival
06-11-2016, 08:17 PM
... you would get manhandled and swatted so bad if he tried dude.. so bad. thats not an insult.

Again, 1 out of 10 tries and not beating him. I think I can. Sh't, I've been playing this game for 25+ straight years.

Nilocon165
06-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Sorry but you are delusional as **** if you think you can score on him

Bless Mathews
06-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Half court one on one...

Iggy giving 100%....

Only chance anyone has would be a throw up step back...

And even those, iggy would close out and swat 90% of those shots.

Y'all are delusional.

Especially anyone under 6'5"

bdreason
06-11-2016, 08:36 PM
5'7"?!? C'mon bro. :oldlol:

I'm 6'3", played ball my whole life, including two years of College. Coached HS basketball for 6 years... and the only way I think I could get a bucket is I had the ball on the post, and managed to get a post-fade or hook over Iggy. At 5'7" you wouldn't get a shot off anywhere on the court.

Nilocon165
06-11-2016, 08:43 PM

I'm 6'3", played ball my whole life, including two years of College. Coached HS basketball for 6 years... and the only way I think I could get a bucket is I had the ball on the post, and managed to get a post-fade or hook over Iggy. At 5'7" you wouldn't get a shot off anywhere on the court.
which college

FireDavidKahn
06-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Someone would on a circus shot.

FireDavidKahn
06-11-2016, 08:48 PM
LOL at all these fools acting like it'd be easy.

Just look at the white mamba; he sucked ass in the NBA but absolutely obliterated every other competition.

If Iguodala played defense against anyone here, they wouldn't make it past the 3 point line.

ClipperRevival
06-11-2016, 08:49 PM

I pity your lack of your confidence in your own game. Can't imagine how much I would destroy my comp if I was 6'3". My theory on the game is the taller you are, the less incentive you have to work on your game. Being so short, I have worked on my game really hard. Maybe being taller than most have made you more lax. All I know is I believe in my skills and I'm not trying to come across as some idiot trying to fool the world.

It's all good though. I do want to coach youngsters at some point in my life like you have as i respect the game because I know nothing is given. I feel like I can really help these youngsters develop the right way.

imdaman99
06-11-2016, 08:52 PM
My only hope would be to pull up from Curry range where he isn't up in my face, and maybe I could sink one.
This is the only chance I got :oldlol: Just have to step back like crazy because it's not as if it's easy getting a shot up against a physical beast like him.

If I get 10 tries, even if I get 2-3 up without getting blocked...I'm not confident in getting an open enough look to make it. But would love the chance :lol

r0drig0lac
06-11-2016, 09:02 PM
against a locked in Iggy who has something to lose, nobody on this site is scoring on him.. he would embarrass you.
this, some guys really delirious here (maybe Matt Geiger's son lol)

diamenz
06-11-2016, 09:04 PM
ya. all u need is a decent jumpshot.

bdreason
06-11-2016, 09:06 PM
which college

I was a walk-on for a Cal St. Division 3 school.

Funny story actually. My buddies and I joined the schools Fall intramural tournament. We were all good players. All of us played HS ball and played ball daily. We recruited another guy who had played Div. 3 College ball before.

Anyways, we cruised through the competition and in the Finals we played a team that had 4 of the 5 starters from the College squad. They weren't supposed to be allowed to play in the tourney, but I guess there weren't a lot of teams that signed or something. I hadn't watched the team play at all, so I thought we were gonna get killed. We ended up beating them handily, and the coach of the team was there. He recruited me and the other Div. 3 guy to play for the team, and I ended playing two seasons. :oldlol:

CuterThanRubio
06-11-2016, 09:14 PM
You just proved my point. Once you knew my height, you brushed off everything I said. It only proves my POINT that NBA playere aren't there because they are the most skilled but because they were blessed with God given talents. There are a lot of ballers on this planet who can really ball. The only thing separating them from NBA players is the difference in height/athleticism.

I didn't brush off everything you said, I'm taller than the average person and I can dunk off the dribble but I've been shaken by smaller guys plenty of times, usually allowing a blow by in favor of a recovery block attempt, I've also played against D-II collegiate players 6-5 and up and realized how tough it can be when you are out sized by such a degree, I could only imagine going against someone a whole foot taller with even longer arms.

You'd get crushed

You'd struggle to get buckets against the average athlete over 6 feet let alone an all time elite defender who can elevate to eye level with the basket, stop kidding yourself Napoleon syndrome sufferer, have some humility!

Post some evidence of your supreme skills otherwise you are just another faceless troll making outrageous claims with no proof, typical Jordan fanboy traits!

:hammerhead:

Akrazotile
06-11-2016, 09:34 PM
ITT: people still believe NBA players are actually the heights listed on the program.

FireDavidKahn
06-11-2016, 09:43 PM
ITT: people still believe NBA players are actually the heights listed on the program.
As if that would influence any chance that someone on ISH would have scoring on Iguodala

ForcedToRegiste
06-11-2016, 09:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Vsn7Ctqcg

FireDavidKahn
06-11-2016, 10:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7Vsn7Ctqcg
SO much carrying happening.:oldlol:

50inchvertical
06-11-2016, 10:21 PM
LoL I could get a bucket on Jay no problem

Cleverness
06-11-2016, 10:34 PM
1% chance I'd score on Iguodala given 10 tries. He's got a 6'11" wingspan so all shots are wild shots or get blocked

SO much carrying happening.:oldlol:

So much fouling too.. Jay has him arms all over him, pushing him back every time he tries to do anything. Andrew should have just used the Lebron stiff arm if that kind of physical contact is allowed.

And ClipperRevival is right about height and athleticism. None of these guys would be NBA players (let alone top 25 all-time) if they were 5'7".

1 Michael Jordan
2 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3 LeBron James
4 Magic Johnson
5 Wilt Chamberlain
6 Larry Bird
7 Bill Russell
8 Tim Duncan
9 Shaquille O'Neal
10 Hakeem Olajuwon
11 Oscar Robertson
12 Kobe Bryant
13 Jerry West
14 Julius Erving
15 Moses Malone
16 Karl Malone
17 Dirk Nowitzki
18 Charles Barkley
19 John Stockton
20 David Robinson
21 Kevin Garnett
22 Kevin Durant
23 Stephen Curry
24 Elgin Baylor
25 Scottie Pippen

Proctor
06-11-2016, 10:39 PM
And ClipperRevival is right about height and athleticism. None of these guys would be NBA players (let alone top 25 all-time) if they were 5'7".

1 Michael Jordan
2 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3 LeBron James
4 Magic Johnson
5 Wilt Chamberlain
6 Larry Bird
7 Bill Russell
8 Tim Duncan
9 Shaquille O'Neal
10 Hakeem Olajuwon
11 Oscar Robertson
12 Kobe Bryant
13 Jerry West
14 Julius Erving
15 Moses Malone
16 Karl Malone
17 Dirk Nowitzki
18 Charles Barkley
19 John Stockton
20 David Robinson
21 Kevin Garnett
22 Kevin Durant
23 Stephen Curry
24 Elgin Baylor
25 Scottie Pippen
So how was Earl Boykins in the NBA? Are you telling me he's more skilled than the players on that list? :biggums:

tpols
06-11-2016, 10:55 PM
1% chance I'd score on Iguodala given 10 tries. He's got a 6'11" wingspan so all shots are wild shots or get blocked

So much fouling too.. Jay has him arms all over him, pushing him back every time he tries to do anything. Andrew should have just used the Lebron stiff arm if that kind of physical contact is allowed.

1 Michael Jordan
2 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3 LeBron James
4 Magic Johnson
5 Wilt Chamberlain
6 Larry Bird
7 Bill Russell
8 Tim Duncan
9 Shaquille O'Neal
10 Hakeem Olajuwon
11 Oscar Robertson
12 Kobe Bryant
13 Jerry West
14 Julius Erving
15 Moses Malone
16 Karl Malone
17 Dirk Nowitzki
18 Charles Barkley
19 John Stockton
20 David Robinson
21 Kevin Garnett
22 Kevin Durant
23 Stephen Curry
24 Elgin Baylor
25 Scottie Pippen

lol.. shorter guys always tend to have some grudge about them how good they would be "if only they was taller". I'm 6'3-6'4ish, and I cant tell you how many times me performing well on a basketball court was due only to my height.. no mention of hittin jumpers, blocking shots, playing smart basketball, it's just.. comes down to height as scapegoat. But, in all honesty it is a decent scapegoat, and shorter people tend to overrate how good they'd be if they were tall.. if only for the reason that they have built up hunger to be better because they are short. Nevermind that they would face extra complacency if they were a bit taller, but that is all lost on them. They think their underdog mindset would perservere even if they werent the underdogs.. thats the crazy part of it.

Cleverness
06-11-2016, 10:57 PM
So how was Earl Boykins in the NBA? Are you telling me he's more skilled than the players on that list? :biggums:

Earl (like Mugsy Bogues) are excluded from playing SF, PF, and C. They developed good PG skills and handles. Which of the top 25 players would make the NBA if they were put into a 5'7" body?

FireDavidKahn

1 Michael Jordan
2 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3 LeBron James
4 Magic Johnson
5 Wilt Chamberlain
6 Larry Bird
7 Bill Russell
8 Tim Duncan
9 Shaquille O'Neal
10 Hakeem Olajuwon
11 Oscar Robertson
12 Kobe Bryant
13 Jerry West
14 Julius Erving
15 Moses Malone
16 Karl Malone
17 Dirk Nowitzki
18 Charles Barkley
19 John Stockton
20 David Robinson
21 Kevin Garnett
22 Kevin Durant
23 Stephen Curry
24 Elgin Baylor
25 Scottie Pippen
That one is obvious:lol

FireDavidKahn
Extreme exceptions aren't the rule:facepalm

ForcedToRegiste
06-11-2016, 11:07 PM
That's devoid of the point. By the same logic do you think if Boykins (or Thomas, or Bogues, Spud, Calvin, Nate) were 6-5 or a 7 footer he would be as good as MJ, Kobe, West or Shaq, Hakeem, Dirk?

Those guys are top 25 players all time because they're exception basketball talents along with their god given gifts. On an even physical playing field, I'm taking Dr J over Calvin Murphy.

Proctor
06-11-2016, 11:18 PM
Extreme exceptions aren't the rule:facepalm
OK, but I'm pretty sure Stephen Curry inside Earl Boykins' body would be at least as good as Earl Boykins himself was. :biggums:

BarberSchool
06-11-2016, 11:30 PM
As one of the few dudes on here who isn't a 12-year old who never played D-1ball, let me explain.

Igoudala shits on Bran cause Bran's j sucks.
It actually sucks and he knows it, and anyone denying it at this point needs to be ignored and hushed immediately in person if they ever say contrary.

1. Do we get all ten possessions with the ball in our hand from the top of the key @ the NBA 3pt line ?

Or does it have to be a variety of catches and positions ?

If the former, I say yes at least once.

I got guarded by plenty of 6'7" wing guys at EIU.
Never got a chance to play igoudala head to head, but played against Maggette and a handful of other hyper athletic wings and I don't see why not if given ten tries. Since my jumper is waaaaay better than Bran's.

But out of ten tries, not more than twice likely, and only in a very limited way.
None of us is taking igoudala to the hole quick enough where he can't recover and either strip it or beat our shit to the glass, so our best bet is perimeter f#@kery.

Rocker steps and quick pull ups going the other direction. Or Steph curry crossover pull ups, used after that.

Might get blocked on 4 attempts, miss 4, and get enough seperation to make 2

BarberSchool
06-11-2016, 11:39 PM
cmon bro.. iggy's reflexes to swipe, and move with an offensive player are sharpened by years of experience against some of the best athletes and players in the world.. he would humiliate you from triple threat top of the key if he was locked in. Your only hope is him going soft and letting a fan score on himiggy doesn't really reach, and swipes late on the gather, and he isn't a god. He is a great defender but in a one on one scenario from top of the key with no help defenders ? You're dreaming, that means he can't afford to bite on up fakes dude, or we can get a lot of seperation and maybe get a leaning Nash layup on the glass before he comes out of the air and recovers to try to block it.

So since he has no help, he can't afford to be over aggressive blocking a shot fake/shot, before I've gathered.

and I have a 6'8" wingspan so it's not like he physically outmatched me by all that much except in deltoid/bicep/hand strength and a bit quicker.

I could hit a jumper or two out of ten.

KG215
06-11-2016, 11:45 PM
If this was 7-10 years ago, I'd say I like my chances. I'm a very good three-point shooter (relatively speaking/compared to most average Joe "ballers") on top of being 6'5" with a 6'9" wingspan. But even then, it'd take a lot of luck and good fortune because I'm not very athletic and I'm pretty slow. But in high school I was a starting wing on a state championship team in my state's second biggest classification. I was actually pretty decent once upon a time. I was known as a lights out three point shooter. That's all I was known for but it might've been enough to drain one three pointer in 10 tries on an elite NBA defender.

But that was 11 years ago and I'm not nearly in the same shape now as I was then. If I had to try it in my current form, then I'd put my chances at around 10%. Ten years ago, I'd probably give myself about a 25% chance of scoring once in ten tries; but I'm probably being generous since I'd exclusively go the route of just taking 10 dribble-up threes from the top of the key. Even at 6'5", Iggy still has an inch or two on me and has a longer wingspan, so my chances would be very small. But 10 years ago I would've had enough confidence in my three-point shooting ability to at least like my chances of making one dribble-up three in ten tries. If I couldn't ever generate a clean look, though, I'd be screwed because I sure as hell couldn't ever get past him, even a little bit, off the dribble.

deja vu
06-12-2016, 12:55 AM

1 Michael Jordan
2 Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3 LeBron James
4 Magic Johnson
5 Wilt Chamberlain
6 Larry Bird
7 Bill Russell
8 Tim Duncan
9 Shaquille O'Neal
10 Hakeem Olajuwon
11 Oscar Robertson
12 Kobe Bryant
13 Jerry West
14 Julius Erving
15 Moses Malone
16 Karl Malone
17 Dirk Nowitzki
18 Charles Barkley
19 John Stockton
20 David Robinson
21 Kevin Garnett
22 Kevin Durant
23 Stephen Curry
24 Elgin Baylor
25 Scottie Pippen
Cmon this is an exaggeration. Sure, these guys won't be legends if they're 5'7" tall but most of them would still be in the NBA at that height.

Mugsy Bogues was 5'3" and he's not more talented than any of them.

Hopper15
06-12-2016, 01:36 AM
Not a chance in hell.

34-24 Footwork
06-12-2016, 01:39 AM
Your handles need to be somewhat advanced.

Iggy is one of those dudes you need to "freeze" on defense to get pass him. If not, he'll recover and pin that shit effortlessly.

Bravo @ some of the confidence displayed on here though. Lol.

Hopper15
06-12-2016, 01:44 AM
ya. all u need is a decent jumpshot.

Iggy would swat any decent jumpshot I tried to attempt.

stalkerforlife
06-12-2016, 01:45 AM
He does not want to see this crossover.

It'd be Jordan on Iverson all over again.

Cleverness
06-12-2016, 02:55 AM
Cmon this is an exaggeration. Sure, these guys won't be legends if they're 5'7" tall but most of them would still be in the NBA at that height.

Mugsy Bogues was 5'3" and he's not more talented than any of them.

You really think Kareem, Wilt, Garnett, Shaq, Hakeem, etc would be in the NBA at 5'7"?

The only ones on that list who could make the NBA might be Curry or Stockton, but they'd have to change their shot a lot given they'd lose 6-8 inches of height. They'd lose a lot of accuracy shooting the ball from a much lower point and probably get blocked a lot more. And without their length, they wouldn't be as good defenders and steal less.

I've seen guys 6'2" to 6'3" dominate against players 5'10" and shorter... and those same guys get owned playing against guys 6'4" and taller. It's not a coincidence. Unless you're lightning quick like Mugsy Bogues or at least matchup with Andre Iguodala's 6'11" wingspan, then scoring on him is going to be insanely tough.

oarabbus
06-12-2016, 04:14 AM
lol.. shorter guys always tend to have some grudge about them how good they would be "if only they was taller". I'm 6'3-6'4ish, and I cant tell you how many times me performing well on a basketball court was due only to my height.. no mention of hittin jumpers, blocking shots, playing smart basketball, it's just.. comes down to height as scapegoat. But, in all honesty it is a decent scapegoat, and shorter people tend to overrate how good they'd be if they were tall.. if only for the reason that they have built up hunger to be better because they are short. Nevermind that they would face extra complacency if they were a bit taller, but that is all lost on them. They think their underdog mindset would perservere even if they werent the underdogs.. thats the crazy part of it.

Are you trying to argue height isn't an advantage? Wtf are you even trying to say lol. Seems like you're the one who has some grudge about height, which is strange considering you're 6'4".

If you were 5'4" instead of 6'4" you wouldn't be blocking shots or doing any of the shit you do now... and you can't have it both ways when it comes to the mindset. which is why the highly skilled short guys think to themselves "if only I was taller than 6 foot"

Honestly I've seen this same type of post with weightlifters, the tall guys who bitch and moan how "short guys have a smaller distance to lift" for bench or deadlift... totally ignoring the fact that shorter people = less total muscle and all the world's strongest men are in that 6'6"+ range... they want the best of both worlds but also get upset if people (correctly) view their height as an advantage.

zeerghit
06-12-2016, 04:36 AM
the mamba dropped 50 on this clown

and iverson dropped 48 on bryant in game 1 2001 finals

Born Sinner
06-12-2016, 04:54 AM

:roll: what a faggoy

SyRyanYang
06-12-2016, 04:57 AM
Yes

Just look at Devin Booker vs Iggy one on one on youtube

Id smoke this clown

Not in a 5 on 5 tho

safe to say that 16 years old Devin Brooker is better than 99.9999999% of the posters here

Dray n Klay
06-12-2016, 04:58 AM
Umm easily, is this a joke?

Oh wait, the average ISH poster is 300 pounds and can't move let alone dribble a ball :lol

KiiiiNG
06-12-2016, 05:01 AM
Umm easily, is this a joke?

Oh wait, the average ISH poster is 300 pounds and can't move let alone dribble a ball :lol

On point as usual.

luckylucy
06-12-2016, 06:50 AM
I would play the girl card and tell him not to play too close. Then just shoot jumpers, I can hit 1 of 10.

PsychoBe
06-12-2016, 07:10 AM
I would play the girl card and tell him not to play too close. Then just shoot jumpers, I can hit 1 of 10.

true story:

one time me and my coworkers were out playing b-ball and there's a girl that we work with who was on the opposite team and she does crossfit. anyways i had to guard her and she's actually not bad when she gets her feet set for a jumpshot, so i would close out on her and actually try on defense, which would make her get mad, frustrated, and she tried to even elbow me but i shook it off and she got even more upset.

then she complained to everyone that I tried to "grope" her even though I was reaching for the ball, or that I was intentionally trying to be close to her even though I played the same defense on her that I did on anyone else.

eventually when she realized that I wouldn't let up on her she would always ask to be on my team because no one else who played against her were willing to play the same defense on her as they would anyone else :roll: :roll: :roll:

moral of the story is that the "girl card" only works on simps. and at the end of the day i'm sure you'd respect him more for treating you like an equal.

Gilles Simon
06-12-2016, 07:16 AM

Do you **** guys from ISH?

FKAri
06-12-2016, 07:21 AM
My best shot would be a contorted skyhook from 3 and he'd have to not know that it was coming :lol

I agree. NBA basketball relies far too much on athleticism rather than instinct or skill for the game for my liking. But it is what it is. It does make the game very rudimentary and it just boils down to who can do it faster or stronger or with a longer reach.

Its why I look at a sport like soccer and it amazes me that I can be bigger, stronger, and faster than a guy like Xavi but even if I had received all the world class training in the world from childhood, I could not do what he can do. Why? He just has "it". That's what amazes me the most.

PsychoBe
06-12-2016, 07:27 AM
My best shot would be a contorted skyhook from 3 and he'd have to not know that it was coming :lol

I agree. NBA basketball relies far too much on athleticism rather than instinct or skill for the game for my liking. But it is what it is. It does make the game very rudimentary and it just boils down to who can do it faster or stronger or with a longer reach.

Its why I look at a sport like soccer and it amazes me that I can be bigger, stronger, and faster than a guy like Xavi but even if I had received all the world class training in the world from childhood, I could not do what he can do. Why? He just has "it". That's what amazes me the most.

unfortunately, this was t-mac's downfall. everything was too easy for him because his talent level was so high and he was so naturally gifted that he never worked as hard as he could unlike kobe. same with iverson and vince.

iamgine
06-12-2016, 07:42 AM
Given 10 tries sure why not. Just get as close as you can to the basket and do one of those fadeaway sky hook. Chance is you'd make 1 out of 10.

Foster5k
06-12-2016, 07:55 AM
Scenario 1: Iggy vs 99% of ISH ballers = Iggy closing space and being all up in your grill. You guys will be smothered by a super athletic, tall, and long defensive monster. You will not score in 10 tries.

Scenario 2: Iggy vs 1% of ISH ballers = Whoever these gifted 1% ISH ballers are, there are some believe it or not, will be able to score on Iggy. They will be able to get space by using their skill + athleticism and make a shot out out 10 tries.

99% of ISH ballers not even going to get the space needed to get a shot off. Even by the lucky chance they do, it will more than likely be blocked. Even then, if somehow Iggy loses focus and is unable to block, it will be pure luck that your shot went in.

So, 99% of ISH ballers will be hoping on luck like a lottery player to at least get one shot to go in out of 10 tries. However, the 1% will use their skill + athleticism to gain the advantage.

luckylucy
06-12-2016, 08:24 AM
and at the end of the day i'm sure you'd respect him more for treating you like an equal.

That was just my strategy to get the 1,000 bucks.

If I