PDA

View Full Version : LBJ Didn't Even Try To Rebound (GSW Then Sealed The Game)

FireDavidKahn
06-11-2016, 10:54 PM
https://streamable.com/qmg9

:roll:

PATHETIC

STATUTORY
06-11-2016, 10:56 PM
he already had double digit rebound, only wanted a few more points for the 2x/10/10 statline

Nilocon165
06-11-2016, 10:56 PM
My friend mentioned this. Wow :lebronamazed:

keep-itreal
06-11-2016, 11:06 PM
some power forward he is

sd3035
06-12-2016, 12:41 AM
What a useless POS

Living Being
06-12-2016, 12:52 AM
We need a thread to compile all of the proofs for LBJ's quits/fails for people who don't believe it.

Hey Yo
06-12-2016, 12:59 AM
https://streamable.com/qmg9

:roll:

PATHETIC
He's suppose to jump up and take it off the rim?

Living Being
06-12-2016, 01:00 AM
Maybe you didn't notice, but someone did get the rebound there, so it was possible.

FireDavidKahn
06-12-2016, 01:01 AM
Yes! That's called a rebound.:applause:

If Dray can do than LBJ can to, well maybe that wording is too strong...If Dray can do than LBJ can give it a good try

FireDavidKahn
06-12-2016, 01:03 AM
Maybe you didn't notice, but someone did get the rebound there, so it was possible.
Don't blame him, he probably sees this stuff all the time and thinks everyone is like that. Poor Cleveland fan

Hey Yo
06-12-2016, 01:07 AM
Why no put back from Iggy while he was in the air?

Maybe he was on his way down cause the ball was rolling on the rim before it dropped?

weak troll, too easy, dumb thread is dumb

FireDavidKahn
06-12-2016, 01:11 AM
It's even funnier when you see all the other Cavs behind LBJ are just standing there expecting LBJ to at least try and grab the ball.

Hey Yo
06-12-2016, 01:16 AM
An it's even funnier seeing you duck my questions.

like I said....dumb troll thread is dumb.

FireDavidKahn
06-12-2016, 01:21 AM
An it's even funnier seeing you duck my questions.

like I said....dumb troll thread is dumb.
Just standing there?

Igoudala mistimed the jump because the ball rolled on top of the rim for half a second longer than normal. Can't put it back when you **** up the jump.

Regardless...LBJ could have you know, put in effort to get a rebound which would have prevented the put back attempt in the first place.

fourkicks44
06-12-2016, 01:24 AM

It was weak because

a) He doesn't actually challenge Curry's shot.

b) Then he doesn't put a body on Iggy, who then grabs the uncontested board.

Hey Yo
06-12-2016, 01:27 AM
Just standing there?

Igoudala mistimed the jump because the ball rolled on top of the rim for half a second longer than normal. Can't put it back when you **** up the jump.

Regardless...LBJ could have you know, put in effort to get a rebound which would have prevented the put back attempt in the first place.
And when the ball is rolling on the rim, you can't take it off of there when you're the defensive player.

So James jumping wouldn't have mattered just like Iggy couldn't get the put back.....cause the ball was on the rim.

Anything else you need me to teach ya, Chico?

FireDavidKahn
06-12-2016, 01:31 AM
And when the ball is rolling on the rim, you can't take it off of there when you're the defensive player.

So James jumping wouldn't have mattered just like Iggy couldn't get the put back.....cause the ball was on the rim.

Because Igoudala caught the ball when it was below the rim and on the right side which was where LBJ was...All LBJ had to do was put his arms up and jump even the tiniest and he would have had the rebound.

GeeWiz
06-12-2016, 01:37 AM

Its called putting a body on someone and making an effort dumb ass. Maybe you should try play a game and put in effort like that and see if your team mates don't yell at you.

Hey Yo
06-12-2016, 01:41 AM
Because Igoudala caught the ball when it was below the rim and on the right side which was where LBJ was...All LBJ had to do was put his arms up and jump even the tiniest and he would have had the rebound.
James is leaning backwards looking for he bounce off the rim. How is he suppose to jump straight up, after turning around, when leaning back? If James jumps up around the same time Iggy does, James doesn't have enough hang time and isn't close enough to secure the rebound due to it being on the rim.

:oldlol: That hard to admit James had very little chance at the rebound due to his positioning and the course the ball took??

You must be a juvenile if you think that play is thread worthy.

Hey Yo
06-12-2016, 01:43 AM
Its called putting a body on someone and making an effort dumb ass. Maybe you should try play a game and put in effort like that and see if your team mates don't yell at you.
:oldlol:

Who's he suppose to put a body on when he's facing the shooter and cutting off the shooter's path to the basket??

:cletus: derp...derp

oarabbus
06-12-2016, 01:46 AM
James is leaning backwards looking for he bounce off the rim. How is he suppose to jump straight up, after turning around, when leaning back? If James jumps up around the same time Iggy does, James doesn't have enough hang time and isn't close enough to secure the rebound due to it being on the rim.

:oldlol: That hard to admit James had very little chance at the rebound due to his positioning and the course the ball took??

:biggums: have you ever ****ing played basketball? I go hard trying to get the rebound against guys a foot taller than me in meaningless pickup basketball games. This was the NBA finals down 6 points at home while down 2-1 in the series. I'm going to assume you've never played basketball.

FireDavidKahn
06-12-2016, 01:48 AM

Apparently you are the only one in the basketball world (including the media) who see it otherwise.:roll: :applause:

Hey Yo
06-12-2016, 01:57 AM
:biggums: have you ever ****ing played basketball? I go hard trying to get the rebound against guys a foot taller than me in meaningless pickup basketball games. This was the NBA finals down 6 points at home while down 2-1 in the series. I'm going to assume you've never played basketball.
Have you fu**ing watched the video at hand?....:oldlol:

How can he go hard for the rebound when he's facing Curry and cutting off his path to the basket at the same time he's taking the short shot?

Hey Yo
06-12-2016, 02:01 AM
Apparently you are the only one in the basketball world (including the media) who see it otherwise.:roll: :applause:
Show me what the different media heads specifically said about LeBron not getting that defensive rebound with 6mins left in the game and down by 6.

I'll even give you time to find the video and will check back later on today.

PsychoBe
06-12-2016, 02:07 AM
hey_yo showing everyone why he's the worst poster on ish :roll: :roll: :roll:

fourkicks44
06-12-2016, 02:08 AM

How can he go hard for the rebound when he's facing Curry and cutting off his path to the basket at the same time he's taking the short shot?

He should have challenged Curry's shot. Instead he is caught in the middle of no where. He should have tried to find a body to block out (especially considering he did not close out properly on the player shooting and was trapped so deep in the key).

Anyone that knows anything about rebounding or has played on at least a semi organised level knows that you find a body to block out WITHOUT LOOKING at them as minimum.

Can Lebron be forgiven for not blocking Iggy out and not getting the rebound? Yes, but only if he had played legit, committed help defense and challenged Curry's shot.

He did neither of those two things so it must be regarded as a sloppy and poor effort.

oarabbus
06-12-2016, 02:09 AM

Well you see, there is this thing called "jumping" that humans are capable of. Not to mention Curry is a tiny midget compared to LeBron.

Jameerthefear
06-12-2016, 02:13 AM
Yeah I noticed this during the game. IDK what's up.

ForcedToRegiste
06-12-2016, 02:14 AM
Easy to tell who thinks they can call themselves a basketball player because they go to an empty park once a week and shoot jumpers for half an hour and who has played against actual people, so little as a somewhat competitive pick up game.

GeeWiz
06-12-2016, 02:50 AM
:oldlol:

Who's he suppose to put a body on when he's facing the shooter and cutting off the shooter's path to the basket??

:cletus: derp...derp

If you aren't gonna contest the shot properly, you get in position to box out, he failed to do either, basically caught on an island, this speaks more to a lack of effort on that particular possession, if you have ever played ball, then you should know this.

Look you're getting roasted in this thread, give it up.

bluechox2
06-12-2016, 02:55 AM
that 3 killed the cavs...had lebron put a bit of effort on DEFENSE and atleast attempt to rebound...iggy woudnt of had a clean pass out to barnes

or bran could of rebounded the ball with stronger position and take the ball out of off balanced iggys hands in the air and could of cut the lead to 4....

huge momentum breaker there...plays like that could make or break the game

TheImmortal
06-12-2016, 05:10 AM
Like someone said.. he was already satisfied in his rebounding numbers.. needed a few more assists and pts. He only wants that pretty all-around statline. That's his end game and what he resorts to if he feels he can't win pretty. Dude is beta personified.

Dresta
06-12-2016, 07:08 AM
Didn't even challenge the shot either. Guy is a terrible defender these days.

diamenz
06-12-2016, 11:03 AM
hey yo is more of a joke than his butt buddy lebron.

SpaceJam
06-12-2016, 11:15 AM
hey yo's ******ry being exposed ITT

Defend Bron till death!!

Straight_Ballin
06-12-2016, 11:29 AM

The lengths this guy goes to defend lebron...... :roll:

pegasus
06-12-2016, 11:59 AM
That's why his rebounding numbers mean nothing. He never affects the game with his rebounding (unlike the monster TT), yet he usually leads his team in that category. He just grabs easy defensive rebounds when no one's around, which makes you wonder who he was defending.

Hey Yo
06-12-2016, 12:08 PM
Show me what the different media heads specifically said about LeBron not getting that defensive rebound with 6mins left in the game and down by 6.

I'll even give you time to find the video and will check back later on today.
What...no video's of the media were found pertaining to the 6min mark of the 4th quarter where LeBron didn't get the rebound?? I thought it was a huge deal made by the media???

I guess dude was full of shit.....who would have thought?

Living Being
06-12-2016, 12:31 PM
What...no video's of the media were found pertaining to the 6min mark of the 4th quarter where LeBron didn't get the rebound?? I thought it was a huge deal made by the media???

I guess dude was full of shit.....who would have thought?
No one needs to prove anything to a guy who thinks only the offense is allowed to go for a rebound.

Hey Yo
06-12-2016, 12:32 PM
He should have challenged Curry's shot. Instead he is caught in the middle of no where. He should have tried to find a body to block out (especially considering he did not close out properly on the player shooting and was trapped so deep in the key)
Since Curry blew by JR, that put James in the same situation a NHL defenseman does when there's a 2 on 1. James could have contested which leads to the pass to the wide open Iggy for the easy slam. Or don't contest Curry (stay on the ground in case of a pass to Iggy) and hope he misses with the chance of getting the rebound. Curry missed but James didn't get the rebound.

Anyone that knows anything about rebounding or has played on at least a semi organised level knows that you find a body to block out WITHOUT LOOKING at them as minimum.

When Curry takes the shot, LeBron turns to his left and see's JR and Love. He's not going to box them out. Once James is facing the basket, it's possible he knew Iggy would come in from the left and could block him out but the whole sequence went down pretty quick and not sure if he could have gotten body position

Can Lebron be forgiven for not blocking Iggy out and not getting the rebound? Yes, but only if he had played legit, committed help defense and challenged Curry's shot.

He did neither of those two things so it must be regarded as a sloppy and poor effort.
Like I said, the defensive player picks his poison in that position. Challenge the offensive player's shot and watch the easy pass to Iggy for the slam (no other Cavs player was close enough to put a body on Iggy other then Kyrie) or stay on the ground to help prevent a possible easy short pass to Iggy to deny the slam.

j3lademaster
06-12-2016, 12:35 PM

I'll even give you time to find the video and will check back later on today.there was literally not one guy saying he SHOULD have gotten the rebound, just clowning on his effort.

SpecialQue
06-12-2016, 01:00 PM
Like someone said.. he was already satisfied in his rebounding numbers.. needed a few more assists and pts. He only wants that pretty all-around statline. That's his end game and what he resorts to if he feels he can't win pretty. Dude is beta personified.

Sad thing is that even retards like JVG think that this shit is FMVP worthy.

fourkicks44
06-12-2016, 05:41 PM
Since Curry blew by JR, that put James in the same situation a NHL defenseman does when there's a 2 on 1. James could have contested which leads to the pass to the wide open Iggy for the easy slam. Or don't contest Curry (stay on the ground in case of a pass to Iggy) and hope he misses with the chance of getting the rebound. Curry missed but James didn't get the rebound.

When Curry takes the shot, LeBron turns to his left and see's JR and Love. He's not going to box them out. Once James is facing the basket, it's possible he knew Iggy would come in from the left and could block him out but the whole sequence went down pretty quick and not sure if he could have gotten body position

Like I said, the defensive player picks his poison in that position. Challenge the offensive player's shot and watch the easy pass to Iggy for the slam (no other Cavs player was close enough to put a body on Iggy other then Kyrie) or stay on the ground to help prevent a possible easy short pass to Iggy to deny the slam.

The first thing that any basketball coach will teach in a team defensive situation is to stop the ball first, no matter if that payer is 'their man' or not.

Lebron should have challenged Curry as he approached the key and backed himself with his superior phsical attributes. He could have blocked his shot, made Curry shoot over him or knocked is skinny ass to the ground.

Would this leave Iggy open for a pass? Probably. But Curry was the one that had to make that pass (because he had the ball). That is why Lebron HAD to challenge Curry and defend the shot OR the pass and that is why coaches teach defenders to STOP the ball as a priority, especially on a breakdown, defensive rotation or transition.

If Lebron closes out Curry who then finds and open Iggy for a dunk, well so be it. Lebron has done all he could do and the Warriors have flat out beat them on that play. But fundamentally that is what needed to be done and that's what a coach will teach.

Plus, remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mk1yHuaocBw

That's what Lebron should have done. Apprently he only waits after the whistle has been blown and play stopped for this sort of effort.