PDA

View Full Version : A Lesson in NBA History: Kobe vs Bran

tpols
06-12-2016, 09:00 PM
what's up ISH. thought I'd give yall a fresh topic .. a little comparison of the GOATs if you will. As you all know, Kobe and LeBron are both great players in this league, and they have both been through their own separate battles in the playoffs. Lets take a quick peek at how they handled adversity against some of their tougher opponents.

Kobe

Being guarded by prime artest.. a series marred by physical play

http://i.giphy.com/7sfIz47J0mPw4.gif

but Kobe let his game, and notably, his midrange clutch ability speak for itself

http://i.giphy.com/EBHjL9FXOEcY8.gif

not only did he dominate ronny in crunchtime, but he also backed up his skill with physical play.. frustrating the robust ron artest into b!tching to the refs with his competitiveness.

http://i.giphy.com/L0d7Erxz4bcY0.gif

Bron

now lets take a look at LeBron and his current battle with Draymond Green. bron hasnt had the best time challenging Draymond or any bigger, stronger warrior defenders because of his reluctance to pull up from deep or midrange, and has made his series that of pretty much pure rim running. this hasnt always yielded the best results ..

http://i.giphy.com/JSMccTpBYBWCI.gif

In response to his team getting clobbered and being in a hole, Bran decided to pull this stunt.

http://i.giphy.com/YIRGSovpVlhxS.gif

and then get on national TV and pout about what Draymond Green was doing was unfair, lobbying for a suspension and increased scrutinity for an incident in which he instigated.

http://i.giphy.com/bK4jhyUkLOpfq.gif

this, my friends, is the difference between a competitor and a coward. difference between a man that embraces challenge, and has many alternate routes to domination, and a man that cherrypicks in one skill, has no other options, and results to fraudulent activity in an attempt to win.

it's a sad state for the nba right now

Akrazotile
06-12-2016, 09:07 PM
Lovin your rent prices OP :cheers:

Dray n Klay
06-12-2016, 09:26 PM
The funny thing is OP himself doesn't believe what he's typing :oldlol:

You can see him 'forcing' himself to believe those wild hypothesis he's pointing out.

Showtime2001
06-12-2016, 09:28 PM
The funny thing is OP himself doesn't believe what he's typing :oldlol:

You can see him 'forcing' himself to believe those wild hypothesis he's pointing out.
Meltdown.

Mr. Jabbar
06-12-2016, 09:31 PM
beautiful post op :applause: :applause: :applause:

NBASTATMAN
06-12-2016, 09:34 PM
Kobe was MIA (MISSING IN ACTION) In the biggest game of that series...
That Rockets team is nothing compared to this Warriors team ..

As for Lebron he has no faith in HIS JUMPER... CANT WIN LIKE THAT

TomCat
06-12-2016, 09:34 PM
How was that even a groin shot.

Draymond moved his arm to get that punk bitch off him. His arm only had one direction to go since lebron decided to do a step over.

plowking
06-12-2016, 09:39 PM
Kobe isn't clutch bro. Shooting 40.9% in your career over the course of every final you've played in shows you aren't clutch.

NBASTATMAN
06-12-2016, 09:48 PM
How was that even a groin shot.

Draymond moved his arm to get that punk bitch off him. His arm only had one direction to go since lebron decided to do a step over.

I AGREE...

34-24 Footwork
06-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Great post bro. Kobe's supreme confidence in his offensive abilities forces the defense to pay attention to him. Without cheesing to the FT line, he's able to get his points in the half court through sheer skill.

stalkerforlife
06-12-2016, 09:53 PM
Kobe is about 60 pounds lighter than Bran and played about 60 pounds heavier than Bran.

Never underestimate the power of having a Father growing up and a large package.

Asukal
06-12-2016, 10:06 PM
Good post OP. :applause:

Bankaii
06-12-2016, 10:11 PM
You typed out all this bullshit and the overall conclusion is still that Lebron>Kobe in every facet of basketball.

Indian guy
06-12-2016, 10:13 PM
16-6

That's what history tells us about Kobe vs. LeBron.

LeBron wins again, sorry. Dominates in H2H matchups. Universally recognized as the superior player historically too.

No wonder Kobe tans have dedicated a decade's worth of their life to trolling about LeBron.

InsanityKills
06-12-2016, 10:14 PM
OP cherry picked the examples. Can we get at least 5 from each side in order to make this a more credible discussion.

STATUTORY
06-12-2016, 10:28 PM
great post, Lebron has no iso game not a reliable scorer, a weak link on every team he's on

PickernRoller
06-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Solid post by OP.

knicksman
06-12-2016, 11:56 PM
16-6

LeBron wins again, sorry. Dominates in H2H matchups. Universally recognized as the superior player historically too.

No wonder Kobe tans have dedicated a decade's worth of their life to trolling about LeBron.

Bran stans proud of their RS wins.:oldlol: You guys are cheap. That mentality is for losers. Settling for less. Lol

Showtime2001
06-13-2016, 12:04 AM
You typed out all this bullshit and the overall conclusion is still that Lebron>Kobe in every facet of basketball.
How's LeBron doing in the winning department?

2/7?

:lol

Gotta love delusional Brontards.

SwayDizzle
06-13-2016, 12:10 AM
great post

NASH = BEST
06-13-2016, 12:24 AM
Y'all kids might be too young to remember, or maybe y'all decide not to remember, but OP is right in that prime Kobe was known to show no mercy and go hard towards whomever was talking shit about him in the media.

Bankaii
06-13-2016, 12:38 AM
How's LeBron doing in the winning department?

2/7?

Gotta love delusional Brontards.
He's doing the same as Kobe...
Lebron : 2 rings as the man
Kobe: 2 rings as the man

But let me guess you want use Shaq's 3 rings as "winning" right:oldlol:

knicksman
06-13-2016, 12:59 AM

Colluded rings is worse than having shaq dummy. And 2 rings>>>2colluded rings

plowking
06-13-2016, 12:59 AM
Y'all kids might be too young to remember, or maybe y'all decide not to remember, but OP is right in that prime Kobe was known to show no mercy and go hard towards whomever was talking shit about him in the media.

How was he showing no mercy?

Kobe wasn't some clutch god. He lives in the very basketball friendly Los Angeles where you get a free pass with the media there, and scrutiny is easily passed around and deflected from the superstar.

We live in an age where these idiots shout out 2/7 with no context and you have people blindly hating and agreeing and thinking they're right.

Kobe put up 29/8/4 on 40% against a 49 win Boston team, and people don't really say a great deal about how poor those numbers are.
Bron puts up 36/11/8 on 40% against a 66 win Golden State team, who next season broke the regular season record, and people won't shut up about how he is a loser? :oldlol:

Bron is a better performer than Kobe in the finals, and by a decent margin. Are you really going to sit here and pretend some narrative/idea that you have of Kobe can change that? It can't. We have stats that tell us otherwise.
Do we really care Kobe has 5 rings compared to Bron's 2, when one of those rings Kobe sat out a game in the finals, and put up 16ppg on 37% shooting? That somehow makes Kobe more of a winner though. :oldlol:

knicksman
06-13-2016, 01:04 AM

Kobe wasn't some clutch god. He lives in the very basketball friendly Los Angeles where you get a free pass with the media there, and scrutiny is easily passed around and deflected from the superstar.

We live in an age where these idiots shout out 2/7 with no context and you have people blindly hating and agreeing and thinking they're right.

Kobe put up 29/8/4 on 40% against a 49 win Boston team, and people don't really say a great deal about how poor those numbers are.
Bron puts up 36/11/8 on 40% against a 66 win Golden State team, who next season broke the regular season record, and people won't shut up about how he is a loser? :oldlol:

Bron is a better performer than Kobe in the finals, and by a decent margin. Are you really going to sit here and pretend some narrative/idea that you have of Kobe can change that? It can't. We have stats that tell us otherwise.
Do we really care Kobe has 5 rings compared to Bron's 2, when one of those rings Kobe sat out a game in the finals, and put up 16ppg on 37% shooting? That somehow makes Kobe more of a winner though. :oldlol:

Only a dumbass cant see that bran shrinks when it matters.

plowking
06-13-2016, 01:08 AM
Only a dumbass cant see that bran shrinks when it matters.

Isn't he the greatest elimination game performer of all time? Is that when it matters?

knicksman
06-13-2016, 01:11 AM
Isn't he the greatest elimination game performer of all time? Is that when it matters?

Lol. Leastern conf. Dumbass

sportjames23
06-13-2016, 01:14 AM
what's up ISH. thought I'd give yall a fresh topic .. a little comparison of the GOATs if you will. As you all know, Kobe and LeBron are both great players in this league, and they have both been through their own separate battles in the playoffs. Lets take a quick peek at how they handled adversity against some of their tougher opponents.

Kobe

Being guarded by prime artest.. a series marred by physical play

http://i.giphy.com/7sfIz47J0mPw4.gif

but Kobe let his game, and notably, his midrange clutch ability speak for itself

http://i.giphy.com/EBHjL9FXOEcY8.gif

not only did he dominate ronny in crunchtime, but he also backed up his skill with physical play.. frustrating the robust ron artest into b!tching to the refs with his competitiveness.

http://i.giphy.com/L0d7Erxz4bcY0.gif

Bron

now lets take a look at LeBron and his current battle with Draymond Green. bron hasnt had the best time challenging Draymond or any bigger, stronger warrior defenders because of his reluctance to pull up from deep or midrange, and has made his series that of pretty much pure rim running. this hasnt always yielded the best results ..

http://i.giphy.com/JSMccTpBYBWCI.gif

In response to his team getting clobbered and being in a hole, Bran decided to pull this stunt.

http://i.giphy.com/YIRGSovpVlhxS.gif

and then get on national TV and pout about what Draymond Green was doing was unfair, lobbying for a suspension and increased scrutinity for an incident in which he instigated.

http://i.giphy.com/bK4jhyUkLOpfq.gif

this, my friends, is the difference between a competitor and a coward. difference between a man that embraces challenge, and has many alternate routes to domination, and a man that cherrypicks in one skill, has no other options, and results to fraudulent activity in an attempt to win.

it's a sad state for the nba right now

Ruthless

bigkingsfan
06-13-2016, 01:19 AM
Wasn't prime Artest, Battier guarded Kobe a lot too.

GoatBoy
06-13-2016, 01:21 AM

Could you Branvestites PLEASE stop staring at the box score and actually watch a game... It's getting sickening :facepalm

BigNBAfan
06-13-2016, 01:25 AM
Wasn't prime Artest, Battier guarded Kobe a lot too.

Dont forget Spur's Bowen, Portland's Patterson, King's Christy all high level smart defenders.

But what OP says is true. I cannot recall a single time Kobe has ever brought up a defending player during the post-game, and he's had quite a few scuffles.

Showtime2001
06-13-2016, 01:30 AM

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKKOzVbWUAAh2fB.png

http://s33.postimg.org/4fyc736db/13457594_10208685138140115_681052679_n_jpg_oh_3a.j pg

bigkingsfan
06-13-2016, 01:35 AM
Dont forget Spur's Bowen, Portland's Patterson, King's Christy all high level smart defenders.
Christie actually held Kobe to 44% in their two playoff matchup. Too lazy to look up the other guys.

plowking
06-13-2016, 02:00 AM
Could you Branvestites PLEASE stop staring at the box score and actually watch a game... It's getting sickening :facepalm

How about you tell me what Kobe does that Bron doesn't outside the boxscore where Kobe gets dominated. Bron is the more multi-faceted player. He is the one consistently doing more on the court.

When all tangible evidence points one way, you guys simply refer to things that cannot be measured. :oldlol:
Bron averages more points, rebounds, assist, blocks, steals, FG%, 3 point %, etc.

It is literally a wipe across the board, but tell me what it is Kobe is doing that makes him a better winner? :oldlol:
Even when he wins in 2012 and 2013 you idiots say he was carried. Shit is lame and boring.

gilalizard
06-13-2016, 03:24 AM
LeBron is an embarrassment to competition. Instead of beating the guy calling him mean names on the court, LeBron whines to the press about it to influence him getting him a suspension.

The only thing top 10 about LeBron is this being one of the top 10 all-time bitch-ass moves of pro sports. And a serious, legit contender for #1.

Greats like MJ or Larry Legend or Kobe would hash it out on the court. LeBron whines to the press and gets the big meanie name-calling bully bounced from the game.

What do you teach a kid who cries about getting called names? Whine to the officials? Or beat his tormentor in the game?

LeBron's a disgrace.

plowking
06-13-2016, 03:26 AM
LeBron is an embarrassment to competition. Instead of beating the guy calling him mean names on the court, LeBron whines to the press about it to influence him getting him a suspension.

The only thing top 10 about LeBron is this being one of the top 10 all-time bitch-ass moves of pro sports. And a serious, legit contender for #1.

Greats like MJ or Larry Legend or Kobe would hash it out on the court. LeBron whines to the press and gets the big meanie name-calling bully bounced from the game.

What do you teach a kid who cries about getting called names? Whine to the officials? Or beat his tormentor in the game?

LeBron's a disgrace.

Shut up you idiot. :oldlol:

gilalizard
06-13-2016, 03:32 AM
Shut up you idiot. :oldlol:

I understand it must hurt to see your hero not just on the brink of another embarrassing loss, but to be compounding it by making a bitch-ass spectacle of himself.

There there.

plowking
06-13-2016, 03:37 AM
I understand it must hurt to see your hero not just on the brink of another embarrassing loss, but to be compounding it by making a bitch-ass spectacle of himself.

There there.

I don't really care, or like any player enough to hurt lol. You just sound like an idiot. :oldlol:

NASH = BEST
06-13-2016, 03:42 AM

I never said Kobe was some clutch god, just merely pointed out that I do remember a time when Kobe would go hard on his rivals. As a Suns fan I would dread when Raja Bell would open his mouth cause shit like that would always fire Kobe up.

I didn't bring up Lebron either, but the fact is both him and Kobe have actually sucked in the Finals. Although the difference between the two in the finals has been in their approach to the game. Kobe was more aggressive and always seemed to press a bit too much, almost like if he was desperately trying to win FMVP.

On the other hand, Lebron has often played too passive in the finals and at times seems to be in a lethargic state. Everyone knows he needs to be more aggressive, yet he doesn't seem to want to take over the game. As others have pointed out, stats can be very misleading and this is true when you watch Lebron play.

Its because of this that I would prefer to have Kobe over Lebron in the finals. Fu.ck what their finals stats say, they both don't impress much when comparing this. However, give me the guy that is going to try his hardest to win the game over the guy that plays passive too often.

ArbitraryWater
06-13-2016, 03:45 AM
Pretty sure that 37 pts / 18 in 4th quarter game, did NOT happen in the playoffs, lol.

ImKobe
06-13-2016, 03:51 AM
Kobe isn't clutch bro. Shooting 40.9% in your career over the course of every final you've played in shows you aren't clutch.

That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard because he played injured in 2000 and 2004

and Lebron himself has worse shooting Finals series than Kobe, and he did that in the era with no handchecking where defenses backed off and dared him to shoot the open jump shot

34-24 Footwork
06-13-2016, 03:54 AM
How about you tell me what Kobe does that Bron doesn't outside the boxscore where Kobe gets dominated. Bron is the more multi-faceted player. He is the one consistently doing more on the court.

When all tangible evidence points one way, you guys simply refer to things that cannot be measured. :oldlol:
Bron averages more points, rebounds, assist, blocks, steals, FG%, 3 point %, etc.

It is literally a wipe across the board, but tell me what it is Kobe is doing that makes him a better winner? :oldlol:
Even when he wins in 2012 and 2013 you idiots say he was carried. Shit is lame and boring.

You're way too emotionally invested into Kobe bro. He's retired and youre talking about him like you're his old mistress or some shit. Let it go. You won't convince anyone here that Kobe is as bad as you're trying to make him out to be.

Just let it go bro. It's over. Kobe is literally retired. You've been posting the same things about him on this forum for some time now. You're not tired of it?

Quickening
06-13-2016, 03:55 AM
That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard because he played injured in 2000 and 2004

and Lebron himself has worse shooting Finals series than Kobe, and he did that in the era with no handchecking where defenses backed off and dared him to shoot the open jump shot

So that ring counts, 5 rings!!!! But we can't talk about Kobe performance in that final, gotcha :lol

Kobe fans are getting as bad as Curry fans with the excuses.

34-24 Footwork
06-13-2016, 03:56 AM

Cant believe people are really replying to this clown with serious posts. Lol. He doesn't deserve it.

Lol @ him trying to pretend like he doesn't stan Lebron. His stans are much worse than him as a player.

34-24 Footwork
06-13-2016, 03:57 AM
So that ring counts, 5 rings!!!! But we can't talk about Kobe performance in that final, gotcha :lol

Kobe fans are getting as bad as Curry fans with the excuses.

Curry 2/2

Kobe 5/7

MJ 6/6

Lebron 2-7

Stay mad little boy.

aj1987
06-13-2016, 06:27 AM
MJ 5/15

LeBron 4/13

Curry 2/7

Kobe 1/20

Stay mad little boy.
:applause:

plowking
06-13-2016, 07:11 AM
You're way too emotionally invested into Kobe bro. He's retired and youre talking about him like you're his old mistress or some shit. Let it go. You won't convince anyone here that Kobe is as bad as you're trying to make him out to be.

Just let it go bro. It's over. Kobe is literally retired. You've been posting the same things about him on this forum for some time now. You're not tired of it?

That was all it took. Some posts about Kobe and you get a troll to break out of character and actually reply.

I don't care about either player bud. :oldlol:
I just point out the hypocrisy when I see it. The board at the moment is flooded with idiots like yourself.

Seriously, just think about it for a second. You're actually one of the knobs who is going to celebrate when Bron loses. You, sitting at home, celebrating another player losing. Not even anyone winning. You're literally just cheering for someone to lose. :oldlol:

Says a lot about someone whether you want to believe it or not. :oldlol:

NBAGOAT
06-13-2016, 07:19 AM
i mean come on now Artest was still pretty good back then but you're really going compare the injured Rockets with Artest and Aaron Brooks as their 2 best players to the Warriors? That's just laughable. :oldlol: You could've at least picked examples from a series vs the Celtics but we know Kobe fans would never pick 08 since that would mean context would actually have to be applied which you guys never do for Bron.

IllegalD
06-13-2016, 07:37 AM
That was all it took. Some posts about Kobe and you get a troll to break out of character and actually reply.

I just point out the hypocrisy when I see it. The board at the moment is flooded with idiots like yourself.

Seriously, just think about it for a second. You're actually one of the knobs who is going to celebrate when Bron loses. You, sitting at home, celebrating another player losing. Not even anyone winning. You're literally just cheering for someone to lose. :oldlol:

Because you literally haven't been doing the same exact thing with Kobe for nearly a decade, right? :lol you trying to play it off like "you don't care", when all you do is literally reply to Kobe threads.

:roll: :lol

KG215
06-13-2016, 08:39 AM
OP cherry picked the examples. Can we get at least 5 from each side in order to make this a more credible discussion.
This is ISH. That's not how argument work. Your way is way too logical and makes too much sense.

ZMonkey11
06-13-2016, 08:51 AM
So a quick recap:

Kobe tries harder than LeBron because he is much smaller in stature. He also has to exert more energy to compete, but damn man, does he compete.

LeBron is a mental midget who doesn't have the killer instinct of Kobe. Does not look like he is trying fully and had so much potential to be the greatest.

SO WHAT HAS CHANGED FROM THE NARRATIVE THAT WE HAVE BEEN HEARING FOR 10 YEARS NOW?!? No one needs your history lesson. We see the same shit every single day.

tpols
06-13-2016, 10:34 AM
i mean come on now Artest was still pretty good back then but you're really going compare the injured Rockets with Artest and Aaron Brooks as their 2 best players to the Warriors? That's just laughable. :oldlol: .

this isnt a comparison on whose team won or lost the game/series/whatever, it's a comparison of specific individuals, and their own personal actions, words, and motives that make up their personalities as players.

Kobe routinely relished in facing the "kobe stoppers" throughout his career, the bowens, bells, ak47s, battiers, artests etc Kobe Bryant embraces challenge and takes it head on, win or lose.

Bron on the other hand, we get this from him when he sees one of his stoppers about to check in ..

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/lebronkawhi.gif

and we get even worse when iggy coming in, or big bad draymond green who might even use a few naughty words. :eek:

i'm just calling it like I see it. you guys up in here melting down posting stats.. lol. Did you not see the previous game? when it comes to stats, bran's are completely compromised. Watch the games, learn the context. Bran can put up a good statline while having a bad game. it just happened. And honestly, it has nothing to do with this topic anyway. We want context here.

ArbitraryWater
06-13-2016, 10:36 AM
Freakin Kirk Hinrich routinely held Kobe to low the low 40's :roll:

NBAGOAT
06-13-2016, 10:45 AM
this isnt a comparison on whose team won or lost the game/series/whatever, it's a comparison of specific individuals, and their own personal actions, words, and motives that make up their personalities as players.

Kobe routinely relished in facing the "kobe stoppers" throughout his career, the bowens, bells, ak47s, battiers, artests etc Kobe Bryant embraces challenge and takes it head on, win or lose.

Bron on the other hand, we get this from him when he sees one of his stoppers about to check in ..

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/lebronkawhi.gif

and we get even worse when iggy coming in, or big bad draymond green who might even use a few naughty words. :eek:

i'm just calling it like I see it. you guys up in here melting down posting stats.. lol. Did you not see the previous game? when it comes to stats, bran's are completely compromised. Watch the games, learn the context. Bran can put up a good statline while having a bad game. it just happened. And honestly, it has nothing to do with this topic anyway. We want context here.

Yes I saw last game, Bron played poorly and his stats were deceiving(even though people forget he had 7 to's that's a stat too and good part of the reason he was bad). That's not the norm however for Bron. Kobe can also put up a nice statline in a bad game as long you don't care too much about efficiency(which most kobe fans don't). And I'm sure Kobe was still happier when Bowen or AK47 was on the bench even if he didn't show it :oldlol:, that one gif proves nothing. Kobe is confident and "embraces challenges" more than Lebron but that overconfidence can hurt him too. You listen to even guys like Shaq or Barkley talk about the game, they'll acknowledge sometimes you gotta get your teammates involved when your shot is off(they were talking about Durant). Kobe just doesn't think that way and it's burned the Lakers before too.

aj1987
06-13-2016, 10:47 AM
Freakin Kirk Hinrich routinely held Kobe to low the low 40's :roll:
Dude got shut down by Ray Allen. :roll: :roll:

ArbitraryWater
06-13-2016, 10:48 AM
Dude got shut down by Ray Allen. :roll: :roll:

Courtney Lee had this dude at 43% :roll:

tpols
06-13-2016, 10:49 AM
you guys are having a good old time up in here :lol glad I could spread some joy to members of ISH.

aj1987
06-13-2016, 11:07 AM
you guys are having a good old time up in here :lol glad I could spread some joy to members of ISH.
:cheers:

Bake_Show
06-13-2016, 11:17 AM
Wonderful post OP.

34-24 Footwork
06-13-2016, 11:45 AM

You, Lebron 23 and AJ are all the same person. Gotta be. Lol.

How can I be the troll when 80% of you guys' post revolve around a 37 year old retired basketball player?

Give it up, bruh. Kobe is long gone.

West-Side
06-13-2016, 12:34 PM
16-6

:oldlol: Typical LeBron groupie.
Talking about meaningless regular season accomplishments.

Half of those meetings were when Kobe was old, banged up or injured. :facepalm

2/7 is what history will remember most.

IllegalD
06-13-2016, 12:42 PM

How can I be the troll when 80% of you guys' post revolve around a 37 year old retired basketball player?

The best part is him trying hard to pretend "he doesn't care" and that he's "just trolling".

99.9% of these losers posts are about Kobe.

:lol :roll: :facepalm

aj1987
06-13-2016, 12:45 PM

I probably have posted fewer times a about Kobe than you have about LeBron. All you do is troll. Me and plowking at least present FACTS and actual basketball discussion. You're basically the Dray n Klay of Kobe stans. Also, It's kinda hard not talking about either Kobe or LeBron, when you Chokebe retards keep spamming the board with the same drivel.

IllegalD
06-13-2016, 12:49 PM
I probably have posted fewer times a about Kobe than you have about LeBron. All you do is troll. Me and plowking at least present FACTS and actual basketball discussion. You're basically the Dray n Klay of Kobe stans.

Hahahahhaa another insecure b*tch trying hard to convince himself he's something else.

You're an insecure Wade Stan that meltsdown every other thread about how Kobe stole "so many" All Defensive Team selections from Wade.

It's funny that you compare another poster to Simon because like him you are the resident c*mrag for all the Kobe Stans on this board. And you get used pretty regularly from what I see.

:roll: :applause: :banana:

Edit: Ahahhahahaa. Went back and edited your original post I see. That's when you know we got 'em SHOOK!

:yaohappy: :hammertime:

aj1987
06-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Hahahahhaa another insecure b*tch trying hard to convince himself he's something else.

You're an insecure Wade Stan that meltsdown every other thread about how Kobe stole "so many" All Defensive Team selections from Wade.

It's funny that you compare another poster to Simon because like him you are the resident c*mrag for all the Kobe Stans on this board. And you get used pretty regularly from what I see.

:roll: :applause: :banana:

Edit: Ahahhahahaa. Went back and edited your original post I see. That's when you know we got 'em SHOOK!

:yaohappy: :hammertime:
Jesus! Now this is a meltdown.

IllegalD
06-13-2016, 01:01 PM
Jesus! Now this is a meltdown.

Keep deflecting, kid. You average 11 posts per DAY and 99.9% are all about Kobe.

That's called a life meltdown. :roll:

aj1987
06-13-2016, 01:05 PM
Keep deflecting, kid. You average 11 posts per DAY and 99.9% are all about Kobe.

That's called a life meltdown. :roll:
Who taught you math? Your inbred retarded dad?

IllegalD
06-13-2016, 01:06 PM
Who taught you math? Your inbred retarded dad?

Total Posts: 12,357 (10.62 posts per day)
Find all posts by aj1987
Find all threads started by aj1987

:confusedshrug:

:roll:

Showtime2001
06-13-2016, 02:01 PM
I probably have posted fewer times a about Kobe than you have about LeBron. All you do is troll. Me and plowking at least present FACTS and actual basketball discussion. You're basically the Dray n Klay of Kobe stans. Also, It's kinda hard not talking about either Kobe or LeBron, when you Chokebe retards keep spamming the board with the same drivel.
Damn what a meltdown brah...

At the end of the day

5/7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2/7

Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LeChoke

aj1987
06-14-2016, 01:27 AM
Total Posts: 12,357 (10.62 posts per day)
Find all posts by aj1987
Find all threads started by aj1987

:confusedshrug:

:roll:
Why you still melting, dude? Go back and hide behind your wall of alts.

Damn what a meltdown brah...

At the end of the day

5/7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2/7

Kobe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> LeChoke
That delusion though.

Smoke117
06-14-2016, 01:29 AM
I hardly need to be taught basketball history by a kobe Stan...the most dimly aware basketball fan base in nba existence. Good job, good effort.

ArbitraryWater
07-22-2016, 01:59 PM

ShawkFactory
07-22-2016, 02:07 PM
At least you decided to be unbiased in your assessment...

SouBeachTalents
07-22-2016, 02:08 PM
Here's a comparison of LeBron & Kobe

LeBron: 4 MVP's, 3 FMVP's, better regular season, postseason & Finals numbers
Kobe: 1 MVP, 2 FMVP's, worse regular season, postseason & Finals numbers

JT123
07-22-2016, 02:10 PM
Funny how all the Kobe stans from this thread have been MIA ever since the Finals ended. :oldlol:
Front running cowards, just like their idol

tpols
07-22-2016, 02:28 PM
guys i dont think bumpin this is gonna help you.. this is the type of context you kinda wanna sweep under the rug you know? you gotta stick to "yay! 73 wins!"

Rocketswin2013
07-22-2016, 02:29 PM
:banana:

SouBeachTalents
07-22-2016, 02:30 PM
guys i dont think bumpin this is gonna help you.. this is the type of context you kinda wanna sweep under the rug you know? you gotta stick to "yay! 73 wins!"

Nah, more MVP's/FMVP's/better stats are good enough arguments

ArbitraryWater
07-22-2016, 02:43 PM
At least you decided to be unbiased in your assessment...

NBAGOAT
07-22-2016, 02:57 PM

I responded to the post back when Bron was looking bad. It was biased back then, it's still biased now. The context you threw in is completely subjective and one sided or just worthless(like that one gif of lebron seeing kawhi come back into the game). Yea if Lebron is so afraid of a challenge, then how does he do so well in elimination games which are about as adverse as you can get.

RRR3
07-22-2016, 03:03 PM
Tpols let it go brah. LeBron is better than Kobe. Gonna have to accept it eventually.

tpols
07-22-2016, 03:09 PM
I responded to the post back when Bron was looking bad. It was biased back then, it's still biased now. The context you threw in is completely subjective and one sided or just worthless(like that one gif of lebron seeing kawhi come back into the game). Yea if Lebron is so afraid of a challenge, then how does he do so well in elimination games which are about as adverse as you can get.

if anything it looks even more pronounced now.. came out later on LeBron and the Cavs orgnaization were trying to get dray tossed for the whole series, not just one game.. I mean, can you point to an example where Kobe tried to get his best competition (dray was fmvp up to that point) tossed /suspended from future bouts? much less in a high stakes Finals series ?

i stand by this 100% .. it reeked of desperation then, and it still does now, but we gotta move on eventually.

and also .. this isn't a thread about whose the better basketball player.. it had a more specific scope then that.

feyki
07-22-2016, 03:25 PM
Don't compare Kobe with cowards , characteristically :no: .

NBAGOAT
07-22-2016, 03:27 PM
if anything it looks even more pronounced now.. came out later on LeBron and the Cavs orgnaization were trying to get dray tossed for the whole series, not just one game.. I mean, can you point to an example where Kobe tried to get his best competition (dray was fmvp up to that point) tossed /suspended from future bouts? much less in a high stakes Finals series ?

i stand by this 100% .. it reeked of desperation then, and it still does now, but we gotta move on eventually.

when has a Kobe opponent who was an important piece someone actually done something suspension worthy and Kobe said to the media, I want him to play. Anyway Lebron isn't the whole Cavs organization, if you're Griffin or Lue ofc you prefer Draymond not to play. Guys like that in the Cavs organization have even more incentive than Lebron to ask for that since it ensures their job security winning a title. Lue's going have to be really bad to ever get fired now. You're making it seem like Lebron influenced everything by himself which he didn't and that's still ignoring how this is mostly on Draymond. Your post indeed reeked of desperation since you were creating something to fall back on if Lebron won and had a great game which he did. I've seen you fall back on Draymond's suspension plenty of times since that's the only way you can deflect from people recognizing how Lebron had two consecutive all time great Finals games, something Kobe's never really had close to in the Finals.

tpols
07-22-2016, 03:37 PM
You're making it seem like Lebron influenced everything by himself which he didn't

Lebron stepped over Dray in a purposeful manner to attempt to bait him into retaliating.. Lebron's own teammate Kevin Love when asked about the situation said "it is typically seen as a sign of disrespect".. dray then flailed to try to get bron off him.. no foul was called for on the play. Bron then went and put his best pouty face on at the media stand openly campaigning for the guy to be kicked out. How much more could he have done? He literally was involved start to finish of the process.

so no... i'm not making it seem like anything. It's exactly what happened. I didn't create this thread as a fall back lmao.. they were up 3-1 w/ no issues outside dray at that point so i didnt even need a fallback. This was my opinion all along, and i think i'm done discussing it since nobody has ever been able to refute the above.. you lying and acting like bron was only a small part of the campaign is enough to assume that you're completely unwilling to see what happened in this specific scenario.

it honestly sounds like you just have your panties in a bunch because you're taking this as a general kobe > bron type thing, when that wasnt the scope.

ShawkFactory
07-22-2016, 03:45 PM
Lebron stepped over Dray in a purposeful manner to attempt to bait him into retaliating.. Lebron's own teammate Kevin Love when asked about the situation said "it is typically seen as a sign of disrespect".. dray then flailed to try to get bron off him.. no foul was called for on the play. Bron then went and put his best pouty face on at the media stand openly campaigning for the guy to be kicked out. How much more could he have done? He literally was involved start to finish of the process.

so no... i'm not making it seem like anything. It's exactly what happened. I didn't create this thread as a fall back lmao.. they were up 3-1 w/ no issues outside dray at that point so i didnt even need a fallback. This was my opinion all along, and i think i'm done discussing it since nobody has ever been able to refute the above.. you lying and acting like bron was only a small part of the campaign is enough to assume that you're completely unwilling to see what happened in this specific scenario.

it honestly sounds like you just have your panties in a bunch because you're taking this as a general kobe > bron type thing, when that wasnt the scope.
But it was a badass, alpha move when Kobe did it to Lue?

tpols
07-22-2016, 03:47 PM
But it was a badass, alpha move when Kobe did it to Lue?

you mean iverson?

:facepalm

and no.. Iverson might've been even more alpha than Kobe.. he wouldve never bitched about that after the game if lue tried to push him off.

ShawkFactory
07-22-2016, 03:52 PM
you mean iverson?

and no.. Iverson might've been even more alpha than Kobe.. he wouldve never bitched about that after the game if lue tried to push him off.
Sorry...obviously that's who I meant.

But people thought of that as an alpha move. Lue didn't retaliate, but nobody can speculate about what would happen if he did.

NBAGOAT
07-22-2016, 03:55 PM

not at all since I didn't mention Kobe in my reply. Idc if you have Kobe>Bron all time. There's still the nutshot aspect you're glossing over which looks worse in context with what Draymond did previously and is a flagrant for anyone in the league and the fact that Lebron got a technical which means he didn't go completely unpunished. Ofc, it's been said countless times Draymond got suspended for all his flagrants so you have to argue he didn't deserve a flagrant if you think he shouldn't have been suspended. I'm fine with that position but it's definitely not a one sided debate like you're making it seem. With the media it was definitely mostly Lebron and I'm not saying he was a small part of the campaign. I'm saying there were a lot more people from the Cavs involved in the behind the scenes stuff that was actually important, not just some shit the media hears in a press conference.. They would be pressuring the league hard even if they didn't have a star like Lebron. Again it's not me, you're the one exaggerating making it seem like Lebron singlehandedly got Draymond suspended(not even considering that Silver may have suspended him anyway without pressure from the Cavs and Lebron).

Edit: I did mention Kobe but nothing about lebron>kobe etc. Only to counter your original post.

warriorfan
07-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Le*

scuzzy
07-22-2016, 03:59 PM
you mean iverson?

Actually Kobe did bitch about a player not getting suspended back in 07 or 06. It was against the Wolves, i cant remember the scrubs name thou.

Kobe took a shot, then slapped the dude in the face and then got suspended

Afterwards he bitched to the media that they singled him out and was provoked

warriorfan
07-22-2016, 04:00 PM
cumguzzy, stfu

RRR3
07-22-2016, 04:08 PM
cumguzzy, stfu
Cry more about ZVC choking in the finals

Mr Feeny
07-22-2016, 04:21 PM
Actually Kobe did bitch about a player not getting suspended back in 07 or 06. It was against the Wolves, i cant remember the scrubs name thou.

That wasn't the only guy Kobe smacked in the face. He did serval times that season and claimed that his flailing arm motion "was just a natural basketball motion":(

tpols
07-22-2016, 04:27 PM

haha .. i looked this one up..

link (http://iheartkg.blogspot.com/2007/03/kobe-bryant-suspended-for-striking.html)

The NBA is suspending Lakers guard Kobe Bryant for Wednesday night's game at Milwaukee for catching Minnesota Timberwolves guard Marko Jaric in the face Tuesday night.

After getting his shot blocked by Jaric, Bryant flailed his arms and caught Jaric in the face with 58.7 seconds left in regulation Tuesday.

Jaric doesn't think Bryant deserved a suspension:
"I haven't seen the replay, but if you ask me what I thought about the play when it happened, I don't think he did it intentionally, and I don't think players should be suspended for things that happen unintentionally," Jaric told ESPN.com. "I think he was trying to draw a foul, and he swung his hand out to make it look dramatic, and he hit me by accident. He apologized right after."

basically Kobe got suspended for something, and the opponent said he didn't deserve it .. while otoh in bron's scenario, the opponent got suspended and bron of course said he did deserve it.

so these situations are literally inverses of one another.. smh

RRR3
07-22-2016, 04:28 PM
That wasn't the only guy Kobe smacked in the face. He did serval times that season and claimed that his flailing arm motion "was just a natural basketball motion":(
He slapped Dwight in the face in the 2009 finals. IIRC after play had stopped too. Remember watching it live.

Mr Feeny
07-22-2016, 04:29 PM
haha .. i looked this one up..

link (http://iheartkg.blogspot.com/2007/03/kobe-bryant-suspended-for-striking.html)

The NBA is suspending Lakers guard Kobe Bryant for Wednesday night's game at Milwaukee for catching Minnesota Timberwolves guard Marko Jaric in the face Tuesday night.

After getting his shot blocked by Jaric, Bryant flailed his arms and caught Jaric in the face with 58.7 seconds left in regulation Tuesday.

Jaric doesn't think Bryant deserved a suspension:
"I haven't seen the replay, but if you ask me what I thought about the play when it happened, I don't think he did it intentionally, and I don't think players should be suspended for things that happen unintentionally," Jaric told ESPN.com. "I think he was trying to draw a foul, and he swung his hand out to make it look dramatic, and he hit me by accident. He apologized right after."

basically Kobe got suspended for something, and the opponent said he didn't deserve it .. while otoh in bron's scenario, the opponent got suspended and bron of course said he did deserve it.

so these situations are literally inverses of one another.. smh

I'm sorry we don't speak 1 mvp in 20 years:lol
Come back when ur boy has shot 47% for a season.
Oh wait:roll:

Mr Feeny
07-22-2016, 04:30 PM
He slapped Dwight in the face in the 2009 finals. IIRC after play had stopped too. Remember watching it live.

Pretty sure he hit a spurs player too and Mike miller as well. 4 smacks to the face atleast.
The guy is more accurate with his slaps than he is at shooting the basketball daymm :biggums:

Dave3
07-22-2016, 05:22 PM
In these series you chose to compare, not even taking into account defense, strength of competition, how he came back from 3-1, or importance of series:

LeBron
29.7/11.3/8.9/2.6/2.3 on 49.4% 37% 72%

Kobe
27.4/5/3.7/2/1.3 on 45.3% 34.4% 83.3%

You can cherry pick enough video to prove anything. I can prove Linus Kleiza was a dominant scorer in 2012 or I can make Shaq look like he can't score.

scuzzy
07-22-2016, 05:33 PM
Yep, that's around the time when they coined Kobe "elbows" Bryant :lol

34-24 Footwork
07-22-2016, 07:21 PM
Definitely not the thread that you guys wanna bump. Lol.

Enjoy the 3rd ring and keep it moving.

ArbitraryWater
08-30-2016, 06:46 PM
bump for this great lesson

tpols hasnt been the same since