PDA

View Full Version : Warriors get an open shot 90% with Love playing

StrongLurk
06-13-2016, 10:50 PM
I can't believe Lue still has him in.

Kiddlovesnets
06-13-2016, 11:02 PM
They shot only 41% from the field, I dont think Cavs' defense was that bad.

StrongLurk
06-13-2016, 11:27 PM
Still more open shots in the 4th quarter! :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

DMAVS41
06-13-2016, 11:37 PM
I can't believe Lue still has him in.

Granted he's played a terrible game individually, but you make it sound like the Cavs are struggling with him out there. They aren't...like at all. Not saying he's doing anything, but the Cavs have been rolling all night with him on the floor.

StrongLurk
06-13-2016, 11:57 PM
Granted he's played a terrible game individually, but you make it sound like the Cavs are struggling with him out there. They aren't...like at all. Not saying he's doing anything, but the Cavs have been rolling all night with him on the floor.

Dude...WHAT? They Warriors bricked a crazy amount of open shots, specifically open threes. I watched Love EVERY TIME on D in the second half, and his D caused breakdowns literally half of their possessions. Warriors missed a ton of open shots.

DMAVS41
06-14-2016, 12:05 AM
Dude...WHAT? They Warriors bricked a crazy amount of open shots, specifically open threes. I watched Love EVERY TIME on D in the second half, and his D caused breakdowns literally half of their possessions. Warriors missed a ton of open shots.

They are almost always going to get good shots against this Cavs team with or without Love on the court.

I don't think it's remotely fair to say they got a good look every time...Love had a few nice rotations and contests at the rim...and closed out well a few times on shooters that just happened to hit.

In addition, the Cavs clearly wanted to let Barnes shoot. It was part of their defensive plan to make him hit...so blaming Love for those open looks is misguided.

Also, offensively, AI was on Love the majority of the 2nd half. I think that was actually a big mistake by Kerr, but that obviously doesn't happen without Love in the game.

Again though...Love obviously played a terrible game...on both ends, but it didn't really hurt the Cavs tonight. They played great with him on the court the whole time...and had that quick 7-0 run without Lebron iirc as well.

I've been saying for months now that Love should come off the bench against the Warriors and play like 16 or so minutes depending on the game and what is happening...but that is if there is enough of a rotation to make it work. If Love doesn't play at all...who the **** is playing his minutes? The load is already absurd on JR, Kyrie, and Lebron...just not playing Love just isn't a realistic option at this point.

Frye is considerably worse. Delly looks unplayable. The court gets way too shrunk at times without Love. Like...you can't just bench the guy when the rotation is this tight to begin with.

Also, it's not like he was asked to do anything on offense. The Warriors stuck with single coverage for the most part on Kyrie and Lebron...and they killed them. It's not like he was out there bricking 20 open shots or something.