PDA

View Full Version : If the Wolves trade #5 for Jimmy Butler

UK2K
06-14-2016, 07:56 AM
Does that make them the #1 defense in the league?

Rubio
Butler
Wiggins
Towns
Dieng

They can't hit a shot outside the paint, but I would think that defense (and Towns emergence as an all-star) would be enough for them to fight for HCA.

Finger Roll
06-14-2016, 08:06 AM
Bulls typically dont give a shit about the draft, so a 5th pick in a weak draft isn't close to enough.

Hes got a couple more seasons on a cheap contract and I'd rather try signing him again and making some moves to have a legit shot at winning the east next season if they pull it together.

SpaceJam
06-14-2016, 08:11 AM
Bulls won't pull the trigger unless Wiggins is involved

Good work from Marc. Word is Bulls won't do if AW not involved. If wanted to move JB, bet Bos. would give up No. 3.

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/status/742507249604562946

Derka
06-14-2016, 08:23 AM
Celtics should deal #3 and either Avery or Marcus Smart if Butler's on the market.

UK2K
06-14-2016, 09:16 AM

Yeah the #5 wouldn't be enough...

If they ran Rubio/Lavine/Butler out there, I wouldn't be too upset either.

I think Rubio is a great fit next to Jimmy B.

Kingwillball
06-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Lavine and #5 ? That doesn't seem like a bad trade.

Kingwillball
06-14-2016, 09:51 AM
Yeah the #5 wouldn't be enough...

If they ran Rubio/Lavine/Butler out there, I wouldn't be too upset either.

I think Rubio is a great fit next to Jimmy B.

I also heard Noah is a FA possibility would add some good depth and more defense.

UK2K
06-14-2016, 09:56 AM
Lavine and #5 ? That doesn't seem like a bad trade.

Rose - 27
Lavine - 21
Brown - Rookie
Portis - 20
Gasol - 35

Snell - 24
Moore - 26
Gibson - 30
Mirotic - 24
McDermott - 24

That gives Chicago a lot of (trade) pieces to work with...

May as well build around Rose. If it works out, you look like a genius. If it doesn't, nobody will blame you.

Ass Dan
06-14-2016, 10:02 AM
You fkin kids crack me up. Lavine couldn't start for a Pac 10 team, now some of you have him as the scale tipper on a Jimmy Butler trade AND a starter on the Bulls.

ISHiot watches dunk contest, ISHiot thinks it matters, ISHiot thinks low IQ flash player is a future star.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ballinhun8
06-14-2016, 10:05 AM
I think Dougie has thst SF starting position on lock unless we pull a trade for a big piece.

I'm assuming we'd rather tske a package BOS would offer involving #3 since they have the better players for right now to trade like Bradley or Smart.

Besides Wiggins and KAT, I dont know who Minny could offer that Chicago would like. I don't know if Hield is there at 5 to pull a potential trigger. We need shooting and he's the best in college. Maybe Dieng, Levine, and #5? Gasol isn't coming back and neither is Noah so we need a rim protector with size.

UK2K
06-14-2016, 10:21 AM
You fkin kids crack me up. Lavine couldn't start for a Pac 10 team, now some of you have him as the scale tipper on a Jimmy Butler trade AND a starter on the Bulls.

ISHiot watches dunk contest, ISHiot thinks it matters, ISHiot thinks low IQ flash player is a future star.

A 21 year old, second year player who averaged 14/3/3 shooting 39% from the 3pt line off the bench wouldn't start for a Pac-10 team?

Is U-Dub rolling out some borderline NBA all-stars I haven't heard about? He's a vastly improved player from year 1, and he's only now of legal drinking age.

Finger Roll
06-14-2016, 02:41 PM

sound like old man river all upset that a young kid with some flash in his game and unreal athletic ability has the potential to be more than the highlights you see.
I think he has great upside, he seems confident and poised to grow into a talented player, he can't help having some flash in his game and seems humble enough to stay hungry and make big improvements.

played 77 and 82 games and dropped turnovers down to just under 2 on a young inexperienced team... feel like he's doing great and let not talk about how jimmy butler turned out after his first 2 years.

BarberSchool
06-14-2016, 08:53 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:Guess what LaVine shot from 3pt line after the all star break last year ?

44%

CuterThanRubio
06-14-2016, 09:14 PM
LaVine is very talented, haters watch out!

Next season is the start of something special, I wouldn't mind seeing Butler join the squad but giving away core pieces is not worth it at this developmental stage

Meticode
06-14-2016, 09:52 PM
Lavine is taleneted, but #5 + Lavine for Butler rapes the Bulls.

Kiddlovesnets
06-14-2016, 10:17 PM

Wiggins is better than Butler, the Wolves are stupid if they add Wiggins to the trade.

LilEddyCurry
06-14-2016, 10:21 PM
Lets compare Wiggins to Butler...

Wiggins averaged 20.7 points on 45.9% shooting, Butler averaged 20.9 points on 45.5% shooting.

Wiggins is five years younger than Butler.

Wiggins is 6'8" with a 7 foot wingspan and a 44" vertical, Butler is 6"7.75 with a 6' 7.5" wingspan and with a 39" vertical.

So The Bulls want to trade Butler for Wiggins + the number 5 pick?? :facepalm

CuterThanRubio
06-14-2016, 10:29 PM
Lavine is taleneted, but #5 + Lavine for Butler rapes the Bulls.

How?

That team is going nowhere constructed the way they are currently.

Starting fresh with young talent is probably the best idea for them unless they want to continue treading water with D-Rose lite and Butler leading the way.

SamuraiSWISH
06-14-2016, 11:07 PM
I'd take Lavine for him honestly. Whatever value Jimmy has as a two way player, he's still not a superstar and he's already at or near his peak.

But he's not worth it for Chicago when you factor in young coach he doesn't want to play for and constant chemistry riffs with the rest of the team. Most notably Derrick.

Time for us to go young.

Klay 3D
06-14-2016, 11:24 PM
Wiggins + Pekovic for Butler + Mirotic + #14

bizil
06-15-2016, 12:22 AM
IF they can pull that off, the Wolves will be WELL ON THEIR WAY to a top 4-5 seed in the West. Not saying they will win rings right away, but they would have the makeup to be in the upper tier of the West rather quickly.

Butler, Wiggins, and Towns would give them three legit 20 point scorers. And who knows, Wiggins and Towns could develop into legit superstar caliber players. Both are still MAD YOUNG!!

Rubio is one of the RARE pass first PG's in the league and he would love dropping off dimes with that revamped sqaud. Defensively, they would be very strong as well. From there, they would just need to add some snipers to make the scoring complete.

bobopenguin
06-15-2016, 01:30 AM
fool.

to get Butler u will need to chip in (wiggins or KAT) + lavine + #5, just cos J.Butler is one of the best two way player in the league.

G-train
06-15-2016, 01:40 AM
Rose - 27
Lavine - 21
Brown - Rookie
Portis - 20
Gasol - 35

Snell - 24
Moore - 26
Gibson - 30
Mirotic - 24
McDermott - 24

That gives Chicago a lot of (trade) pieces to work with...

May as well build around Rose. If it works out, you look like a genius. If it doesn't, nobody will blame you.

Looks like a stinking horrible roster to me. Plus Gasol will be a FA.

Nobody 'may as well' does anything in the NBA.

G-train
06-15-2016, 01:41 AM
I'd take Lavine for him honestly.

Crazy.

bobopenguin
06-15-2016, 05:35 AM
Crazy.

that was beyond crazy. taking Lavine over J.Butler. :facepalm

FireMcFailPlease
06-15-2016, 06:31 AM
fool.

to get Butler u will need to chip in (wiggins or KAT) + lavine + #5, just cos J.Butler is one of the best two way player in the league.
:roll: @ even wasting your energy typing KAT... and now I dont even know where to begin with the rest of your post.

this trade has almost zero shot at happening unless the Wolves unless can rip the Bulls off by only giving up a player like Bazz/#5/whatever.

Thibs is probably just sending smoke signals so Boston ups their price. would be absolutely shocked if Butler was Wolf

Kingwillball
06-15-2016, 09:57 AM
fool.

Lol, whoa u think butler would get KAT + lavine +5 your on crack .. No gm would trade KAT for butler straight up let alone 2 other big pieces.

More like for KAT Bulls trade Butler plus half there team plus draft picks..

bobopenguin
06-15-2016, 10:27 AM
lol u guys.

first of all, no.5 is sh*t, that pick means nothing.

second, no rookie is untradeble. The only untouchable player right now is curry and AD.

J.Butler wont get u KAT, for sure. but Lavine for Butler? lul.