PDA

View Full Version : Are the Cavs trying to deny Curry a Finals MVP?

CJ Mustard
06-14-2016, 10:03 AM
We've seen it all series long, they've trapped him on every pick and roll, they're completely selling out to run him off the three point line, they are grabbing and hacking him off the ball. Curry is obviously making the right basketball plays by finding the open man and being a decoy, but this seems personal. They are putting more effort in stopping Curry than actually winning. Letting guys like Livingston, Barbosa, Draymond, Iggy, and even Klay get anything they want. With Lebron essentially being the coach of the team, with his well known bitterness/vendetta towards Curry, I absolutely wouldn't put this past him.

stalkerforlife
06-14-2016, 10:05 AM
He's already surpassed Bran, regardless. Now and all time.

Anyone with two eyes can see they're doubling him hard and forcing him to make the pass, but not the assist pass...the hockey assist pass.

They are trying anything they can to keep him from succeeding, even if it means losing the series.

Marchesk
06-14-2016, 10:05 AM
Who won last night?

newbetterbucs07
06-14-2016, 10:07 AM
So now trying too hard to stop him is being used as an excuse for Curry? :lol

0-22 :djparty

CJ Mustard
06-14-2016, 10:08 AM

Anyone with two eyes can see they're doubling him hard and forcing him to make the pass, but not the assist pass...the hockey assist pass.

They are trying anything they can to keep him from succeeding, even if it means losing the series.
Lebron's obsession with Curry is worrying. Dude hates that man with a passion. I'd almost be concerned for his well being if the Warriors go on to win Game 6 and Curry has a big game (securing FMVP).

CJ Mustard
06-14-2016, 10:10 AM
So now trying too hard to stop him is being used as an excuse for Curry? :lol

0-22 :djparty
It's the fact that they're doing it to their overall detriment. Lebron cares more about beating Curry than beating the Warriors. In Games 1 and 2, they were massacred by his supporting cast as a result of their attention to Curry.

CJ Mustard
06-14-2016, 10:11 AM
Who won last night?
Needed 40+ on 70% shooting from their two stars to get it done. Will never happen again.

newbetterbucs07
06-14-2016, 10:17 AM
It's the fact that they're doing it to their overall detriment. Lebron cares more about beating Curry than beating the Warriors. In Games 1 and 2, they were massacred by his supporting cast as a result of their attention to Curry.

Since games 1 and 2, they've won 2 of the next 3, so either they've made some adjustments since then, or their defensive plan is starting to work.

Also, Curry was the unanimous MVP, wouldn't you expect the opposing team to give him the most attention? The Cavs double teaming him and trying to trap him up isn't something they just randomly came up with, many other teams have tried doing the same thing.

PP34Deuce
06-14-2016, 10:17 AM
Make the others beat you. Curry is Randy Moss. You take him out early and he will make mistakes and become less engaged.

run him off the 3 point line because he likes to bounce back to the 3 point line every play.

CJ Mustard
06-14-2016, 10:21 AM
Since games 1 and 2, they've won 2 of the next 3, so either they've made some adjustments since then, or their defensive plan is starting to work.

Also, Curry was the unanimous MVP, wouldn't you expect the opposing team to give him the most attention? The Cavs double teaming him and trying to trap him up isn't something they just randomly came up with, many other teams have tried doing the same thing.
Game 5 pretty much doesn't count. No Draymond, and it took historic performances from both of the Cavs stars to pull away late in the 4th. Difference in Game 3 was the supporting cast played bad. Which is expected for a bunch of role players on the road after going up 2-0 in a series. The Warriors have been the better team and are gonna win the title, but you gotta wonder if it could've been different in Cleveland at least paid some attention to the other guys on the Warriors. Instead of trying to stop Curry at all costs.

r0drig0lac
06-14-2016, 10:21 AM
really op? http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/biggums.png

Hey Yo
06-14-2016, 10:31 AM
We've seen it all series long, they've trapped him on every pick and roll, they're completely selling out to run him off the three point line, they are grabbing and hacking him off the ball. Curry is obviously making the right basketball plays by finding the open man and being a decoy, but this seems personal. They are putting more effort in stopping Curry than actually winning. Letting guys like Livingston, Barbosa, Draymond, Iggy, and even Klay get anything they want. With Lebron essentially being the coach of the team, with his well known bitterness/vendetta towards Curry, I absolutely wouldn't put this past him.
Like James said to Curry last night...."get this shit outta here"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ck6pb78XEAAjkvq.jpg

Springsteen
06-14-2016, 10:34 AM
This forum is so retarded, I swear.

TheOne
06-14-2016, 10:38 AM

Just rename yourself to CJ Retard

SouBeachTalents
06-14-2016, 11:34 AM
The Cavs are trying to win the NBA Finals. OP is a fuccing retard

CJ Mustard
06-14-2016, 12:15 PM
The Cavs are trying to win the NBA Finals. OP is a fuccing retard
Doesn't appear that way. It's almost like they're resigned to the fact that they're gonna lose and have no chance, so they're trying to prevent Curry from humiliating them. Lebron doesn't want Curry to surpass him as the face of the league and will stop at nothing to make sure Curry doesn't win FMVP

NBAGOAT
06-14-2016, 12:23 PM
Doesn't appear that way. It's almost like they're resigned to the fact that they're gonna lose and have no chance, so they're trying to prevent Curry from humiliating them. Lebron doesn't want Curry to surpass him as the face of the league and will stop at nothing to make sure Curry doesn't win FMVP

If this shit you spew was actually true, they would've put 2 guys on him all of game 5 like that one college team did vs Curry, Curry didn't score but his team won by 30.

Goldrush25
06-14-2016, 12:23 PM

Did this make sense in your head before you hit submit?

Sarcastic
06-14-2016, 12:37 PM
So basically he's ineffective if you take away his shot.

Why doesn't he just pull up from 40 since he has unlimited range.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-14-2016, 01:51 PM
I posted this same exact thread after Game 3.

Yeah I agree with OP.

Just look at this shit :

http://oi63.tinypic.com/8z2z9u.jpg

NBAGOAT
06-14-2016, 01:53 PM
I posted this same exact thread after Game 3.

Yeah I agree with OP. .

:roll: you have got to be kidding me. This is completely typical nba defense when someone is driving to the rim. Wat they should let Curry get a great layup opportunity? Especially since one of the shooters is Iggy who the Cavs would much rather shoot than for Curry to get a layup opportunity.

Edit: srry for that

3LiftHeatCurse
06-14-2016, 01:59 PM
^^^
EDIT : Nvm

I'm just saying that I also believe what the OP is saying and I made a thread about it after Game 3.

The Cavs are intentionally leaving guys open in order to do ANYTHING to keep Curry from having a good game.

That is not how teams traditionally defend a superstar. Usually, you let the superstar "get his" and shut down everyone else and force the star to try and do evertything by himself and shoot himself tired and ragged.

TemporaMutantur
06-14-2016, 02:43 PM
OP is an imbecile.

This theory is absurd, and if anything, just puts his own insecurities on display.

Don't breed.

Sarcastic
06-14-2016, 02:43 PM
^^^
EDIT : Nvm

I'm just saying that I also believe what the OP is saying and I made a thread about it after Game 3.

The Cavs are intentionally leaving guys open in order to do ANYTHING to keep Curry from having a good game.

That is not how teams traditionally defend a superstar. Usually, you let the superstar "get his" and shut down everyone else and force the star to try and do evertything by himself and shoot himself tired and ragged.

So they are guarding the stars tight, and making the teammates beat them? That's the oldest strategy in the book. It's been done in virtually every playoffs since inception.

StrongLurk
06-14-2016, 03:03 PM

This poster is so mad :lol

Protip - improve your OWN life so you are not so invested in others', especially people you don't even know