PDA

View Full Version : Bogut officially done for season

Kiddlovesnets
06-15-2016, 12:27 PM
Michael Lee of The Vertical By Michael Lee of The Vertical
4 minutes ago

As the Golden State Warriors spent the preseason explaining (and apologizing for) the good fortune (or luck) that contributed to their title run last season, Andrew Bogut provided the response that would become the unofficial theme for their leave-no-doubt season when he declared that he was getting his championship ring fitted for his middle finger.

With the Warriors one victory from completing a historic, brazen run to back-to-back titles, Bogut won’t be around for the possible completion. The Warriors announced on Wednesday that an MRI revealed that Bogut has a multiple bone bruises in the knee and will be out six to eight weeks. The injury will not require surgery.

Bogut was forced to exit Golden State’s 112-97 loss after blocking a J.R. Smith layup and landing awkwardly on his left knee. With the Warriors trailing by three points in the third quarter, Bogut’s leg bent backward and Smith exacerbated the injury by inadvertently rolling into him. After writhing on the floor in pain, Bogut had to be assisted to the locker room, unable to apply pressure on his leg, and did not return.

View photo
Warriors center Andrew Bogut was injured in the third quarter of Game 5. (AP)

Warriors center Andrew Bogut was injured in the third quarter of Game 5. (AP)
Already without big man Draymond Green – who was serving a one-game suspension after receiving his fourth flagrant foul of the postseason for swiping at LeBron James’s groin – the Warriors wound up getting outscored 45-33 the rest of the game without one of their best defensive players around to protect the rim.

Bogut has only scored six points in the past four games but has averaged two blocked shots in the Finals, recording five blocks in the Warriors’ 33-point blowout in Game 2 and three more rejections in just eight minutes of Game 5. An 11-year-veteran, Bogut played 70 games this season, the most since his third season in the league. He sustained an adductor injury in the final game of the conference semifinals against Portland but returned to play the next 12 games.

The Warriors managed to get through most of the past two regular seasons without much adversity, aside from coach Steve Kerr missing the first 43 games of this year’s 73-win campaign. But the postseason has included several rounds of setbacks and challenges, beginning with injuries to two-time MVP Stephen Curry and continuing through Green’s suspension and now Bogut’s injury.

Bogut traveled with the team to Cleveland for Thursday’s Game 6 but will have his season end much like last season, when he didn’t see any action in the final two games. Kerr could elect to start backup center Festus Ezeli or could go with the undersized Green to play alongside Andre Iguodala in the front court. Green started at center in the final three wins of last year’s NBA Finals against Cleveland.

Didnt see anyone posting this, so I may go ahead myself. Its really not surprising at all, but the implication is huge here. This reminds me of when Perkins went down in game 6 2010 NBA Finals. A mighty blow to Warriors season, its hard to recover from this. The Cavs should be the favorite to win it all now, I have them in 7.

NumberSix
06-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Another blow to Steph Carried. :roll:

All joking aside doe, the series is already. 0% chance of Cleveland winning both game 6 & 7. GSW are B2B champs and Steph Carried will be given an unearned FMVP.

dubnation
06-15-2016, 12:37 PM
I feel bad for Bogs, but it's not like he's having a positive impact (he's a net negative for the series...). It might hurt our depth, but with Dray back and it being game 6 of the finals I'm not worried about that. All in.

Lebron23
06-15-2016, 12:44 PM
I don't like him, But I wish him 100% recovery in his injuries.

STATUTORY
06-15-2016, 12:45 PM
double astericks if Cavs win the series

1 for Green, 1 for Bogut

disgusting

Goldrush25
06-15-2016, 12:51 PM
double astericks if Cavs win the series

1 for Green, 1 for Bogut

disgusting

:oldlol:

Do the Warriors have asterisks for last year's chip?

hold this L
06-15-2016, 12:59 PM
I feel bad for Bogs, but it's not like he's having a positive impact (he's a net negative for the series...). It might hurt our depth, but with Dray back and it being game 6 of the finals I'm not worried about that. All in.
True in a way but with the way bigs are playing, he would be needed esp at home for g7 if it comes down to it. Man, I really hope Green plays amazing tomorrow night! :applause:

Akrazotile
06-15-2016, 01:01 PM
:oldlol:

Do the Warriors have asterisks for last year's chip?

double asterisks

bigkingsfan
06-15-2016, 01:02 PM
Cavs will lend them Love

Funktion
06-15-2016, 01:04 PM
So Green at 5? Refs wont have to call two quick fouls anymore.

HylianNightmare
06-15-2016, 02:11 PM
Time to unleaah Festus

warriorfan
06-15-2016, 02:14 PM
Another blow to Steph Carried. :roll:

All joking aside doe, the series is already. 0% chance of Cleveland winning both game 6 & 7. GSW are B2B champs and Steph Carried will be given an unearned FMVP.

white trash meltdown

Tbh we are lucky to get as many games out of Bogut as we did...he is always a ticking timebomb

Sakkreth
06-15-2016, 02:36 PM
double asterisks

Quadruple asterisks. Kobe's chips has so many asterisks human kind doesn't have a name for such a high number.

Jasper
06-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Curry carries from the bench...

He is Kerr's face :oldlol:

Meticode
06-15-2016, 02:58 PM
Anyone have a -/+ when Bogut is on/off the floor in the Finals? He gave some timely blocks, but it seems like the Warriors would be better off most of the tie running Green at center anyway.

SamuraiSWISH
06-15-2016, 03:32 PM
All that means is that with Green as the only under sized rim protector on the starting unit ... LeBron, Kyrie and even JR need to be attacking the basket. Without Bogut you could finally roll Frye out more to stretch the defense.

retaxis
06-15-2016, 05:16 PM
Stuff Frye you get Love to attack Green all game physically to try and draw fouls on Green and keep him honest and then you switch Love out with TT. At Centre Cleveland must always field either TT or Love and PF must be Lebron to stretch the floor out and attack the rim for everyone. If everyone goes at the lane, Green will cop some early fouls and get frustrated. If Cavs does not take the opportunity then they will lose it and play right into the hands of the GSW

G-train
06-15-2016, 06:45 PM
Anyone have a -/+ when Bogut is on/off the floor in the Finals? He gave some timely blocks, but it seems like the Warriors would be better off most of the tie running Green at center anyway.

They are but he is valuable depth piece for 10-15 mpg regardless of the +/-

bdreason
06-15-2016, 06:47 PM
Ezili has been terribad. I don't think he's ready for the moment. Same goes for McAdoo. I expect to see more minutes for Varejao. He's not a rim protector, but his hustle and flops can bring some value.

Real14
06-15-2016, 06:54 PM
If Dray played game 5, would we even be discussing this shit about Bogut??? NBA is wacky for that and dirty player J.R too.

PWB15
06-15-2016, 07:18 PM
who cares? A tall goofy muther****er who can't score and plays defense SOMETIMES

Not news. NEXT!

Smoke117
06-15-2016, 07:24 PM
If Dray played game 5, would we even be discussing this shit about Bogut??? NBA is wacky for that and dirty player J.R too.

Yeah I know...two nut shots and a kick to the face by Dray this playoffs...what is the wacky NBA thinking by disciplining him? :biggums:

Real14
06-15-2016, 07:29 PM
Yeah I know...two nut shots and a kick to the face by Dray this playoffs...what is the wacky NBA thinking by disciplining him? :biggums:
No matter what he did, the NBA front office should of suspended his ass in the West finals not in the finals.

Smoke117
06-15-2016, 07:31 PM
No matter what he did, the NBA front office should of suspended his ass in the West finals not in the finals.

He was suspended because he exceeded the flagrant foul level.

Real14
06-15-2016, 07:37 PM
He was suspended because he exceeded the flagrant foul level.
That wasn't even a flagrant foul. James had his nuts on his head while Dray was trying to get up.

GINOBILI!
06-16-2016, 03:08 AM
Boo!

julizaver
06-16-2016, 05:07 AM
Didnt see anyone posting this, so I may go ahead myself. Its really not surprising at all, but the implication is huge here. This reminds me of when Perkins went down in game 6 2010 NBA Finals. A mighty blow to Warriors season, its hard to recover from this. The Cavs should be the favorite to win it all now, I have them in 7.

If I was at Lue place, I would try a line-up with Mozgov at C, Tompson at PF and Love bein the 6th man. And I would have instructed players to provoke Green ... and try to get him out from possible G7. Game 6 will be nasty with Cavs backs to the wall.

DukeDelonte13
06-16-2016, 08:10 AM
If I was at Lue place, I would try a line-up with Mozgov at C, Tompson at PF and Love bein the 6th man. And I would have instructed players to provoke Green ... and try to get him out from possible G7. Game 6 will be nasty with Cavs backs to the wall.

Mozgov and TT on the court at the same time wouldn't be so great. I wouldn't mind it if they tried to get Mozgov some burn especially with bogut out but he's so damn inconsistent.

eh.. i don't think this injury moves the needle in any direction.

jayfan
06-16-2016, 12:55 PM
All that means is that with Green as the only under sized rim protector on the starting unit ... LeBron, Kyrie and even JR need to be attacking the basket. Without Bogut you could finally roll Frye out more to stretch the defense.

...And leave Cleveland hapless defensively in the process.

Gileraracer
06-16-2016, 01:09 PM
Double asterisk for CLE

MiseryCityTexas
06-16-2016, 02:24 PM
Watch Festus Ezeli have a breakout game.

RedBlackAttack
06-16-2016, 05:49 PM
Mozgov and TT on the court at the same time wouldn't be so great. I wouldn't mind it if they tried to get Mozgov some burn especially with bogut out but he's so damn inconsistent.

eh.. i don't think this injury moves the needle in any direction.
"Doesn't move the needle" as in it won't shift the series in one direction or the other? Completely agree.

But, Golden State is a better team with Bogut playing 12 minutes a night. He's maybe the best screen-setter in the league (I'll leave it at that and not comment on how a lot of his screens are set). You look at when Klay and Curry specifically get their wide open looks, most of the time Bogut is on the court smothering some poor guard who happens to be defending them.

He's also a great passing big man. A lot of the sets that they run with the starters is initiated directly or indirectly by Bogut.

Then, you have his rim protection... clearly the best on the team although Draymond has improved in this area over the last year or so.

Bogut is an underrated player. Golden State is so deep that they can absorb the blow and still be the heavy favorite in the series, but one of the things that make them so deep are versatile guys like Bogut. Suddenly, maybe Iggy has to take on those extra minutes, which means he might not be quite as fresh down the stretch? Or, maybe this means Green gets even less time on the bench than he did already?

Do they really trust Ezeli or Varejao to take on the burden of those extra minutes in a Finals elimination game? Especially on the road?

I'll be interested in seeing how Kerr handles it just from a strategic basketball standpoint.

RedBlackAttack
06-16-2016, 05:53 PM
Watch Festus Ezeli have a breakout game.
It wouldn't surprise me if he had a nice box score and made some buckets, but he can't replace the specific things Bogut brings to the Warriors which I illustrated above. He just isn't that player and his slow foot speed defensively has had him on a really short leash in this series. LeBron and Kyrie tend to get their easiest looks when Ezeli is on the court.