PDA

View Full Version : If you were Clevelands front office..would you trade Thompson for Okafor?

TAZORAC
06-16-2016, 09:29 AM
Thompson an overpaid "garbage" guy with no post moves..for a young chubby player who can give you 15-18 a game.

Outside of my comments, would you trade Thompson for Okafor if you were in Cleveland management.

keep-itreal
06-16-2016, 09:31 AM
LMAO, OP = retarded

SpaceJam
06-16-2016, 09:32 AM
The Love/Okafor front court! :bowdown:

fourkicks44
06-16-2016, 09:36 AM

Man, Thompson nearly gets paid more than the whole Sixers' roster combined.

TAZORAC

How does a guy with the skillset of Thompson get that much money.

tpols
hahaha .. yes!

midatlantic09
06-16-2016, 09:39 AM
OP, why not also try to trade Shumpert for Durant via sign and trade?

SpaceJam
06-16-2016, 09:40 AM
Come pay day, it helps when he shares the same agent with the dude who's got the team by the balls

2swift4u
06-16-2016, 09:49 AM
How does a guy with the skillset of Thompson get that much money.

Because he works his ass off on the court every single night. He's also one of the best offensive rebounders in the game, able to defend smaller guards on the pick and roll (He's shut down Curry on several occasions) and he never misses a game. I think he's got the longest streak going among active players.

yes, he's overpaid but so are many other players and at least Thompson is working hard for his money.

PP34Deuce
06-16-2016, 09:50 AM
I hope as a 24 year old, Tristan is actually looking to develop offensively.

He can switch, rebound, and block shots. If he could develop 2 post moves...No problem

hold this L
06-16-2016, 10:23 AM
Cavs should also get Curry for Delly.

dubnation
06-16-2016, 10:34 AM
Okafor is garbage.. Just thinking about Love and Okafor playing D together is a joke :roll:

tmacattack33
06-16-2016, 10:51 AM
F no.

I would do Love for Noel though.

FreezingTsmoove
06-16-2016, 11:21 AM
Congrats ISH youre insulting a teenager for not being able to play defense. Have you seen the 76ers backcourt?

ClipperRevival
06-16-2016, 11:52 AM
Of course I would. I know the chemistry won't be great with Love but in a vacuum, Okafor is the better player. Guys like Tristan are easier to find.

Okafor had one of the quietest 17.5 PPG seasons ever for a rookie. This was with a team trying to lose with no leadership and no chemistry. So his floor is 17 PPG. This guy is going to average 20+ PPG for the next 10-12 years MINIMUM and possibly peak at 25+ PPG in several seasons. There's just no way he won't be a beast offensively. You can find a 4 to cover up for some of his D.

And actually, if you think about it, a trio of LeBron/Irving/Okafor can play more of a traditional offense and grind it out.

IcanzIIravor
06-16-2016, 11:54 AM
Thompson an overpaid "garbage" guy with no post moves..for a young chubby player who can give you 15-18 a game.

Outside of my comments, would you trade Thompson for Okafor if you were in Cleveland management.

No. They already have one big with good low post skills who isn't good at defense (Love) and they turned him into a perimeter player. Why would they give up a defensive big who rebounds for a worse version of Love. This is a team that views bigs on the inside good for rebounding and kicking back out or put backs only.

j3lademaster
06-16-2016, 01:05 PM
Okafor has become mad underrated on these boards.

If he's still a poor defender at age 22 or 23 then call him out. Give the guy 2 or 3 years, it's not like he's on the Spurs with a great coaching staff and mentors. He's on a team who's TRYING to lose.

And this ties into the bad reputation he has for his "attitude". First of all, the guy was 19 years old last season. Most people don't even know what they want to major in yet at 19, of course a competitor who's been dominating and winning all his life is going to be frustrated, and being immature due to being, well, a teenager.

And it's not even the 76ers record. It's the fact that:

1) you were drafted aimlessly with no plan. The writing is on the wall, Embiid when he gets right is their guy; you're just some filler backup plan, and if Embiid ever gets healthy, trade fodder.

2) it's not so much the losing, but the direction the team is going. You see the culture around you, you see previous high draft picks who amounted to nothing on this team. The thought of failure(becoming one of them) frustrates you... and possibly even scares you.

3) You're trying to reach out to your coaching staff. Trying to reach out upstairs. You desperately want a Garnett or a Kobe or a Tim Duncan type mentor, but none is to be found. No one stays on the 76ers for that long. No one wants to. Coaching staff just advises you to iso on the low block, and make sure you look good doing it.

You get hacked repeatedly going up. Players know how to play to the refs, you never seen this in college or high school. This is the NBA, ball is played on another level here both from a cerebral and physical standpoint. Does your head coach fight with the ref for you? no. Does your veteran? no, losing is already accepted here. You feel like no one has your back. Imagine that feeling at 19 years old. You try to go to the ref yourself only to be told to back off or you will be T'd. No ref is taking crap from some unproven 19 year old.

The vets are all either there for the paycheck or just burnt out by the losing culture, thus exacerbating the issue.

So you tell me, how many guys outside of the top 10 in NBA history can really reach their potential and turn around a franchise like that? Hell, maybe Okafor pulls that off proving me wrong. Would love to see it.

ClipperRevival
06-16-2016, 02:02 PM
Yeah, I'm not ready to say Okafor will be a liability on D yet. Not when he's got a 7'6" wingspan, 9'2.5" standing reach and is pretty light on his feet. He's not explosive but he can slide. He's probably got lighter feet than D'Angelo Russell and I'm being dead serious.

TAZORAC
06-17-2016, 02:40 PM
I don't know everybody's contract, but Thompson may be one of the most overpaid players ever...he's been in the league for at least 5 seasons, yet has never and will never develop a post game.

Me personally, I'm not buying a guy more then 4 million a year who can't give me 13+ per game if I need it.