PDA

View Full Version : "Wiggins Isn't That Good"

FireDavidKahn
06-16-2016, 03:53 PM
Andrew Renschen Retweeted
KJ_NBA ‏@KJ_NBA 4h4 hours ago
Klay led the league in points-per-touch. Wiggins was 2nd.

:bowdown:

miggyme1
06-16-2016, 04:18 PM
Ive been hearing that wiggins has a crazy work ethic. The wolves want him to bulk up but he hates lifting weights.

If the wolves can get the right pieces they can build a title contender in the next two seasons. Definitely have the right coach..they just need the right pieces. I think Rubio gotta go though.....Doesn't bring enough to the table at the most important position in the league today. You can sag off him all day and you know he wont blow past you or hit the jumper. as a point guard you gotta be able to force teams to go over picks..if a team can get away with going under every time....you become one dimensional.

FireDavidKahn
06-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Ive been hearing that wiggins has a crazy work ethic. The wolves want him to bulk up but he hates lifting weights.

If the wolves can get the right pieces they can build a title contender in the next two seasons. Definitely have the right coach..they just need the right pieces. I think Rubio gotta go though.....Doesn't bring enough to the table at the most important position in the league today. You can sag off him all day and you know he wont blow past you or hit the jumper. as a point guard you gotta be able to force teams to go over picks..if a team can get away with going under every time....you become one dimensional.
It's easy to say "get rid of Rubio" but...who would be the replacement? Tyus Jones?:facepalm ...drafting Dunn would set us back several years.:facepalm

:confusedshrug:

miggyme1
06-16-2016, 04:49 PM
It's easy to say "get rid of Rubio" but...who would be the replacement? Tyus Jones?:facepalm ...drafting Dunn would set us back several years.:facepalm

:confusedshrug:

are u kidding me???

rondo?
jeff Teague?
rose?
Jordan Clarkson (if lakers are stupid enough to give him up) needs a little more work but his upside is clearly higher than Rubio

or...................move Zach lavine to the starting pg

FireDavidKahn
06-16-2016, 04:53 PM
are u kidding me???

rondo?
jeff Teague?
rose?
Jordan Clarkson (if lakers are stupid enough to give him up) needs a little more work but his upside is clearly higher than Rubio

And how attainable do you think those guys are?

Everyone is going to have max cap space and. Lavine is a no-go for PG.

HurricaneKid
06-16-2016, 05:09 PM
are u kidding me???

rondo?
jeff Teague?
rose?

Dear. God. Are you seriously that dumb? Clarkson is among the worst defenders in the NBA. Rubio is among the best.

Rose?

Rondo??

Wow...

CuterThanRubio
06-16-2016, 05:17 PM
are u kidding me???

rondo?
jeff Teague?
rose?

This made me laugh.

Teague regressed to scrub level last season and is recovering from a knee injury right now, Rondo is essentially the same player as Rubio, Rose is washed and Clarkson is garbage.

Zach isn't a PG either

Next season can't start soon enough!

Levity
06-16-2016, 05:21 PM
i would think conley is attainable, as long as minny has the money to spend. sit him down with thibs for a long meeting and i think conley walks out of there with the desire to sign.

bdreason
06-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Imagine if they signed Conley and traded for Butler?

Conley
Butler
Wiggins
KAT
Dieng

Holy shit that defense. :bowdown:

IGOTGAME
06-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Don't think a lot of people actually watched Wiggins play this year or last year

IMObjective
06-16-2016, 05:54 PM
Yeah, Wiggins will be great. Imagine if Cavs kept him. Kyrie, lebron, and Wiggins on the same team for the next couple years. :eek:

"But love helps us win now though" :oldlol:

miggyme1
06-16-2016, 06:04 PM
This made me laugh.

Teague regressed to scrub level last season and is recovering from a knee injury right now, Rondo is essentially the same player as Rubio, Rose is washed and Clarkson is garbage.

Zach isn't a PG either

Next season can't start soon enough!

id be laughing too if I was on rubios nut sack

miggyme1
06-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Dear. God. Are you seriously that dumb? Clarkson is among the worst defenders in the NBA. Rubio is among the best.

Rose?

Rondo??

Wow...

yep Rubio is essentially a Spanish pat Beverly. are you seriously that dumb to not see all those guys are upgrades who can and will stretch defenses...its easy as hell to guard Rubio....but you too stupid to see that

r0drig0lac
06-16-2016, 06:08 PM
future superstar

miggyme1
06-16-2016, 06:09 PM
And how attainable do you think those guys are?

Everyone is going to have max cap space and. Lavine is a no-go for PG.

rose might be the hardest to acquire but rondo,and Teague should be easy as hell to get considering the hawks are considering trading him for noel. lol

Clarkson should be of course he has another contract on the horizon but you can definitely see what he can give you and if its worth max or whateva....he has YOUTH on his side.

ImKobe
06-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Don't think a lot of people actually watched Wiggins play this year or last year

Had some people on ISH argue with me that Wiggins was trash and couldn't shoot and that the Cavs made the right move to trade him for Kevin Love :oldlol:

future superstar.

Smoke117
06-16-2016, 06:22 PM
are u kidding me???

rondo?
jeff Teague?
rose?

What the ****? :biggums:

Milbuck
06-16-2016, 06:23 PM
are u kidding me???

rondo?
jeff Teague?
rose?

Rubio absolutely shits on all of those guys and Lavine at PG has been tried several times and is a proven disaster.

Rubio is quite clearly the highest impact player on that team, their offense looks like a high school JV squad half the time without him. Dude is a genius floor general and it's absurd to me people still rip on him for his shooting percentages when his game is like 80% outside the stat sheet. Over the past 3 seasons the Timberwolves are 75-105 with Rubio (34 win pace), 10-56 without him (12 win pace). The guy is a huge impact player.

NBAGOAT
06-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Rubio absolutely shits on all of those guys and Lavine at PG has been tried several times and is a proven disaster.

Rubio is quite clearly the highest impact player on that team, their offense looks like a high school JV squad half the time without him. Dude is a genius floor general and it's absurd to me people still rip on him for his shooting percentages when his game is like 80% outside the stat sheet. Over the past 3 seasons the Timberwolves are 75-105 with Rubio (34 win pace), 10-56 without him (12 win pace). Without him they'd be in contention for the #1 pick this year.

a homeless man's jason kidd basically.

Milbuck
06-16-2016, 06:26 PM
Which is still a damn good player.

ImKobe
06-16-2016, 06:28 PM

Rose?

Rondo??

Wow...

based on what, his steals?

Wolves have always been at the bottom of the league defensively, Rubio is one of the better passers in the league and IMO but he's like a Rondo with worse rebounding ability, only that Rondo is actually 47% for his career while Rubio has never shot above 38% for a season.. no team is going to contend or be in the Playoffs with a PG who can't score in this league.

Rondo led the league in assists per game this season and shot 45% with 37% from 3, Rubio shot 37% from the field :facepalm

NBAGOAT
06-16-2016, 06:28 PM
Which is still a damn good player.

yep definitely. Just thought that was a decent comparison.

Smoke117
06-16-2016, 06:30 PM

Jason Kidd wasn't a good shooter, but he also wasn't a liability in that regard either like Rubio is.

FireDavidKahn
06-16-2016, 06:31 PM
yep Rubio is essentially a Spanish pat Beverly. are you seriously that dumb to not see all those guys are upgrades who can and will stretch defenses...its easy as hell to guard Rubio....but you too stupid to see that
Good lord:facepalm

ImKobe
06-16-2016, 06:37 PM
What the ****? :biggums:

Clarkson was rookie 1st team last year and had a great 1st year in the league, when Kobe went down and he got the starting PG job in 2015 he had some big performances against elite PGs, 30/4/7 3 blocks 63%FG @OKC against Westbrook, 24/4/6 67%FG against Conley, 27/7/5 60%FG against Lillard, 20/6/4/3 against Irving

he averaged what, 15.5 ppg in 32 minutes on a team coached by Byron Scott with Kobe having his retirement tour. He definitely has upside as he's far more athletic than Rubio and how he can play PG/SG, his defense needs work but he is potentially a 20/6/6 type of a guy in a few years, one of the more athletic guards in the league, who showed big time improvement his rookie year when he was coached by Nash.

FKAri
06-16-2016, 06:39 PM
lol WTF what a shit comparison :lol

Milbuck
06-16-2016, 06:41 PM
yep definitely. Just thought that was a decent comparison.
Definitely is, Kidd himself has commented on it, why he's wanted Rubio on the Bucks for a while now.

Smoke117
06-16-2016, 06:41 PM
Clarkson was rookie 1st team last year and had a great 1st year in the league, when Kobe went down and he got the starting PG job in 2015 he had some big performances against elite PGs, 30/4/7 3 blocks 63%FG @OKC against Westbrook, 24/4/6 67%FG against Conley, 27/7/5 60%FG against Lillard, 20/6/4/3 against Irving

he averaged what, 15.5 ppg in 32 minutes on a team coached by Byron Scott with Kobe having his retirement tour. He definitely has upside as he's far more athletic than Rubio and how he can play PG/SG, his defense needs work but he is potentially a 20/6/6 type of a guy in a few years, one of the more athletic guards in the league, who showed big time improvement his rookie year when he was coached by Nash.

Putting up stats on the gutter dwelling lakers right now means nothing...and his defense doesnt just "need work"...he's legit one of the 2 or 3 worst defensive guards IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE. You'd have to be a ****ing idiot to want Clarkson running your team instead of Rubio. Clarkson will NEVER be more than a good 6th man. No team looking to contend would have him in their starting line up...take those rose shaded glasses off.

FireDavidKahn
06-16-2016, 06:42 PM

:roll:

Dr Seuss
06-16-2016, 06:45 PM

but his playmaking and any semblance of it completely disappeared this year. he became a ball dominant iso player, who only shined during the high pick and roll while over dribbling. had no peripheral vision and often lost his dribble/footing when forcing his way into the paint

in other words, clarkson took a huge step back this season, now that he had to share the ball with 2-3 other players. his defense was essentially non-existent last year too. and theres absolutely no excsue for that

clarkson as a starting PG isnt getting a team near the playoffs. his best role will be a 6th man scorer with secondary playmaking duties.

ImKobe
06-16-2016, 06:55 PM
but his playmaking and any semblance of it completely disappeared this year. he became a ball dominant iso player, who only shined during the high pick and roll while over dribbling. had no peripheral vision and often lost his dribble/footing when forcing his way into the paint

in other words, clarkson took a huge step back this season, now that he had to share the ball with 2-3 other players. his defense was essentially non-existent last year too. and theres absolutely no excsue for that

clarkson as a starting PG isnt getting a team near the playoffs. his best role will be a 6th man scorer with secondary playmaking duties.

I think it's just how the Lakers were ran this particular season. They had to adapt to D'Angelo Russell being the new PG of the team while Kobe was actually "healthy" this season so he didn't play the same role. He wasn't the guy bringing up the ball, they ran plays for him to get his buckets but those buckets did not come the same way. Though Russ was the PG, it was still Kobe who had the ball the most and the rest of the team just stood around, so it's hard to evalute whether he improved or took a step back. Numbers-wise his production dipped but he was playing more off-ball. His jumper looked more fluid and his increased efficiency from 3 shows it.

He was naturally a SG when he was drafted but learned a lot under Nash and looked really great post-ASB when he was given the green light by Scott.

I'm not saying he is going to be the starting PG of the Lakers, Russell now has that role. I'm interested to see what pieces they put around him and how Luke is going to use his talents.

Rubio to me is a great playmaker, but that's all he is. He can get steals but he struggles against elite point guards, you wouldn't want him starting for your team if you were in the Playoffs either. Clarkson will be a combo guard and I wouldn't be surprised if he played the Manu role, as in 30 mpg as a 6th man off the bench, depending on who the Lakers draft and sign during FA.

Either way he has a lot of upside with his scoring ability and how athletic he is. Lakers were trash all-around last season so it's hard to rank his defense because he has yet to play under a good coach and with a roster that could actually play defense. Rubio has been in the league a bit longer and the Wolves have been trash defensively every single year he's been there and opposing point guards haven't had much trouble scoring against Rubio.

G-train
06-16-2016, 07:07 PM
I would not be trading Ricky Rubio
He is primed for a few allstar seasons

CuterThanRubio
06-16-2016, 07:12 PM
How many years did it take for Kidd to develop a serviceable outside shot?

Give him the right tools and he could make a major jump, he's been apart of multiple Euro championships and a Silver Olympic medal, don't be surprised if he wins MIP next year!

I do agree that Ricky struggles against elite guards, mostly because they can play off of him, but he beats himself more than anything.

The pick and roll with Towns is already bread and butter, it can only get better, I really hope Thibs maximizes his talent before throwing him away.

Milbuck
06-16-2016, 08:24 PM
How many years did it take for Kidd to develop a serviceable outside shot?

Give him the right tools and he could make a major jump, he's been apart of multiple Euro championships and a Silver Olympic medal, don't be surprised if he wins MIP next year!

I do agree that Ricky struggles against elite guards, mostly because they can play off of him, but he beats himself more than anything.

The pick and roll with Towns is already bread and butter, it can only get better, I really hope Thibs maximizes his talent before throwing him away.
Rubio isn't even that bad of a shooter, he apparently changed his shot mechanics this summer so there was naturally an adjustment period for it to click in games, but he progressively got much better as the season went on. For the season he shot 33% from 3PT on 2.5 attempts a game, and after the ASB 37% on 3 attempts a game. For a guy who everyone trashes for his jumpshot that's pretty solid, and right around where Kidd at a similar age. I have zero doubt his range is only going to improve.

bobopenguin
06-16-2016, 08:46 PM
as a lakers fan, i would like to have rubio in my team.
then i can trade deangelo for other superstars.

chocolatethunder
06-16-2016, 09:12 PM

Rubio is quite clearly the highest impact player on that team, their offense looks like a high school JV squad half the time without him. Dude is a genius floor general and it's absurd to me people still rip on him for his shooting percentages when his game is like 80% outside the stat sheet. Over the past 3 seasons the Timberwolves are 75-105 with Rubio (34 win pace), 10-56 without him (12 win pace). The guy is a huge impact player.

This is the truth and anyone who doesn't see this has never watched a Wolves game or bothered to look at any advanced offensive or defensive stats for when Rubio is on the floor. They are so much better with him on both ends its a joke.
/thread

miggyme1
06-16-2016, 09:39 PM
lol WTF what a shit comparison :lol

You right. Beverly is way better

noob cake
06-16-2016, 09:42 PM
lol point per touch just means you have no handle and a good point guard.

Point per possession, Wiggins at bottom among SF. Nice try OP.

See Rubio and Curry/Draymond.

CuterThanRubio
06-16-2016, 09:53 PM
You right. Beverly is way better

http://cdn.rsvlts.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/hi-res-3783a270c0322ab8e6e7600ab35b442e_crop_north.jpg