PDA

View Full Version : Greatest back to back Finals performances in history?

LikeABosh
06-16-2016, 11:55 PM
Game #5: 41 points, 16 rebounds, 7 assists, 3 steals, 3 blocks
Game #6: 41 points, 8 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 steals, 3 blocks
Facing elimination vs the 73 win Warriors. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Tmuston Beltics
06-16-2016, 11:56 PM
Only had 1 or 2 turnovers in this game as well. Great game.

LikeABosh
06-16-2016, 11:58 PM
Only had 1 or 2 turnovers in this game as well. Great game.
2 TOs game 6, just 1 TO tonight. Unreal

Derka
06-16-2016, 11:58 PM
It's like some of you just discovered basketball yesterday with some of the overreaction threads you come up with. :lol

He was terrific but get a bloody grip.

STATUTORY
06-16-2016, 11:59 PM
refs had 2 good showings yes

Jasper
06-17-2016, 12:07 AM
Facing elimination vs the 73 win Warriors. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
what ever the name sayers say ,,, Kobe , and others never did it.
Curry is lucky if he gets a double double and he's a 2 time MVP :facepalm

LikeABosh
06-17-2016, 12:09 AM
It's like some of you just discovered basketball yesterday with some of the overreaction threads you come up with. :lol

Thread title is asking for the great back to back finals performances. I never even said its Lebron's that's the greatest. How about you contribute and give me an example instead of being a bitch about it.

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 12:10 AM
A paraplegic defender really puts the performance into context

Magic 32
06-17-2016, 12:12 AM
ahhh no.

Michael Jordan vs Suns 4+5 (1993)

48 ppg, 7.5 rpg, 5.5 apg, 56.1 FG%

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 12:15 AM
MJ had 39-11 and 39-10 while being guarded by a healthy drexler
Also had 42-12-9, 44-9-6, 55-8-4, 41-6-7 back to back to back to back

GrapeApe
06-17-2016, 12:15 AM
Where was this in 2011?

Dray n Klay
06-17-2016, 12:16 AM
Where was this in 2011?

Where was this from Wade from 2011-2014?

greymatter
06-17-2016, 12:19 AM
ahhh no.

Ah, stupid argument.
41ppg, 12 rpg, 9apg, 56.1 FG%, and DOMINANT defense (3.5 stls, 3bpg) with only 1.5 TOs.

I'll take the 7 less ppg for superiority in every other facet of the game.

Indian guy
06-17-2016, 12:20 AM

Ummm, who the **** was better? Especially given the level of competition and what was at stake.

Indian guy
06-17-2016, 12:22 AM
ahhh no.

Bulls lost 1 of those games though. And Phoenix, while great, was not as good as this GS team. Especially on D, where they were really, really average.

Both games also came with Bulls up 2-1 and 3-1 in the series.

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 12:24 AM
Magic also had a 22-20 game followed by a 30 point triple double on like 70 percent shooting.

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 12:24 AM
Bulls lost 1 of those games though. And Phoenix, while great, was not as good as this GS team. Especially on D, where they were really, really average.

GSW are worse than average on D without Iggy and Bogut

Magic 32
06-17-2016, 12:26 AM

I wonder why.

Indian guy
06-17-2016, 12:27 AM
GSW are worse than average on D without Iggy and Bogut

Bogut has been a net negative in BOTH Finals against this Cleveland team. Stop acting like his absence is significant at all. LeBron beasted in the 1st half in Game 5 with Bogut playing. What happened? He also beasted against Iggy in Game 5 and most of this game 6 prior to Iggy getting hurt. And remember when some were attributing LeBron's big game 5 to Green's absence? LOL, what happened today?

Magic 32
06-17-2016, 12:28 AM
Jordan 34.5/12.5/7.5 on 69% shooting aginst the Lakers in g1 and g2.

And the first two games in the blazers series.
And then there is Shaq.

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 12:30 AM
Bogut has been a net negative in BOTH Finals against this Cleveland team. Stop acting like his absence is significant at all. LeBron beasted in the 1st half in Game 5 with Bogut playing. What happened? He also beasted against Iggy in Game 5 and most of this game 6 prior to Iggy getting hurt. And remember when some were attributing LeBron's big game 5 to Green's absence? LOL, what happened today?
Iggy was paraplegic today but still was kept in the game by Kerr, that's what happened and you know it.
LeBron is a great player, of course he's gonna get some good games, but the way he scored in 3rd and 4th today, that just doesn't happen with Bogut and Iggy being healthy. There at least 4 open point blank layups for him, this isn't happening with them

Indian guy
06-17-2016, 12:37 AM
Iggy was paraplegic today but still was kept in the game by Kerr, that's what happened and you know it.

Which qtr did Iggy even get hurt? I recall LeBron having his way with him even prior to him having trouble moving properly.

but the way he scored in 3rd and 4th today, that just doesn't happen with Bogut and Iggy being healthy.

Dude, again, Bogut is a net negative in this series (just like last Finals). Kerr normally can't wait to take him out and put his Death Lineup in, which is where GS have had their entire success in this series. Bogut was averaging 12 mpg in this series prior to going down. 12! Even if he was healthy, he simply wouldn't be on the court enough to have any impact against LeBron's production.

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 12:38 AM
Larry Bird 29-21 and 34-17 on 15-20 shooting
Shaq 43-19-4 and 40-24-4, then 36-16 and 40-12-8
Wade 42-36-43-36 back to back to back in 4 straight wins.

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 12:39 AM
Which qtr did Iggy even get hurt? I recall LeBron having his way with him even prior to him having trouble moving properly.

Dude, again, Bogut is a net negative in this series (just like last Finals). Kerr normally can't wait to take him out and put his Death Lineup in, which is where GS have had their entire success in this series. Bogut was averaging 12 mpg in this series prior to going down. 12! Even if he was healthy, he simply wouldn't be on the court enough to have any impact against LeBron's production.
Iggy was hurt right from the beginning, he was sat down at the end of the first or in the start of the second i cant remember and the trainer was trying to massage his back

PHILA
06-17-2016, 12:44 AM
If it's the first two games of the series it has to be Jerry West in 1969:

47 Pts, 9 Ast, 3 Reb, 52.3% FG, 60.6% TS

Another one is Russell in 1965 (Games 2 & 3):

18.5 Pts, 22 Reb, 7 Ast, 84.2% FG, 74.8% TS

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 12:46 AM
Barkley 42-13-4, 24-19-4, 32-12-10 back to back to back
Duncan 29-17-4 and 21-20-10-8

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2016, 12:49 AM

Um, who the hell was better? Name me one better... please. I bet you havent seen it in your lifetime.

Some of you people just cant see greatness even if its punching you right in the face.

plowking
06-17-2016, 12:50 AM

Maybe provide evidence to the contrary, participate positively in the discussion and stop being such a hater?

Wade's Rings
06-17-2016, 12:52 AM
Um, who the hell was better? Name me one better... please. I bet you havent seen it in your lifetime.

Some of you people just cant see greatness even if its punching you right in the face.

I posted some games above that were statistically just as great if not better. The biggest difference is Bron's competition and being a 1-3 hole.

tpols
06-17-2016, 12:53 AM
. Stop acting like his absence is significant at all.

you are dumb as hell .. bogut set the tone in those first two games with some monster quarters where he threw a block party and pretty much intimidated love, bron and kyrie from coming in the paint.. his effort is inconsistent, but when he shows up Bogut is a hell of a defender / best rim protector in the league with uncanny timing for helping, and unlike ezli he can dribble and pass and make decisions on offense. Iggy being completely gimped is also huge.. Warriors defense without green / bogut and iggy hurt has been AWFUL the past two games.

I give bron his credit.. hes getting FMVP no matter what, but you're dead wrong here.

tmacattack33
06-17-2016, 12:56 AM
ahhh no.

No, the extra 7 points doesn't mach up to the extra 5 rebounds, 4 assists, blocks/steals/overall rim protection, and low amount of turnovers.

sportjames23
06-17-2016, 12:59 AM
ahhh no.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Knoe Itawl
06-17-2016, 01:04 AM
Basically, only an assh*le wouldn't give credit to these two games. The meltdowns are funny, but seriously if you consider yourself a serious NBA fan and you don't give credit to these performances, you're a straight up asshole. Period.

IllegalD
06-17-2016, 01:08 AM
Basically, only an assh*le wouldn't give credit to these two games. The meltdowns are funny, but seriously if you consider yourself a serious NBA fan and you don't give credit to these performances, you're a straight up asshole. Period.

Oooooooh sweeeeeeeeet irony......

:yaohappy: :kobe:

Indian guy
06-17-2016, 01:09 AM
you are dumb as hell .. bogut set the tone in those first two games with some monster quarters where he threw a block party and pretty much intimidated love, bron and kyrie from coming in the paint

The **** are you even talking about? Cleveland's most competitive/favorable qtr in this entire series has been the 1st qtr - when Bogut plays the highest share of his 13 mpg (:oldlol: @ his mpg, btw). His team freaking LOSES when he's on the court. He's a net negative for the series and it was the same story last season too. Had Kerr not replaced him with Iggy in the starting lineup, Warriors would've likely lost last year. Believe me, not that it's going to happen, but there's nothing Cleveland would love more than for Bogut to make a miraculous recovery and play significant minutes in Game 7. They would LOVE it.

Iggy being completely gimped is also huge

GS have also lost 2 games in this series with Iggy being completely fine and LeBron scoring 73 in those 2 wins. And I'm curious to know when he actually got hurt tonight, because LeBron/Cleveland were balling offensively from the get-go today. And that's with Green, the uber-difference maker, playing as well.

Cleveland was the #3 ranked offense in the regular season. And entered the NBA Finals with pretty much the GOAT offensive rating through the first 3 rounds. Scoring is one thing they're really, really good at. Let's stop pretending their opponent has to have some kind of handicap for Cleveland to light 'em up.

Da_Realist
06-17-2016, 01:16 AM
If the Cavs pull off one more win, everybody can STFU about 2 for 7. Or anthing else. To come back from 3-1 against a 73 win team and win game 7 on the road while snatching back the "Best player in the game" status from Curry would be a hell of an accomplishment. I want to see this. To snatch this magical season from GSW and make it your own would be...:bowdown:

I absolutely want to see if Lebron can pull this off. No one saw this coming.

tpols
06-17-2016, 01:17 AM
Iggy was hurt from a few minutes in dude .. they showed him running up the court, he looked like he had a metal rod in his back how stiff he was moving. if you watched you heard the announcers sayin how bad he looked and anyone with eyes could see it.

Bogut is a banger and a physical presence.. he puts in a lot of hits on both sides of the ball that help set the tone for golden state not to get bullied. Look at their "death lineup" today .. they got bullied out of the gym in the first quarter .. bogut is there to set a physical tone, which sets momentum for the death lineup to continue it. There's a reason they cant go small the whole time..

to act like Golden State's two best defenders being hurt doesnt make a difference in their defense is next level ignorance.. they havent looked like a dominant defense at all the past two games due to this myriad of issues, and cavs now have all the momentum.

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 01:17 AM
you are dumb as hell .. bogut set the tone in those first two games with some monster quarters where he threw a block party and pretty much intimidated love, bron and kyrie from coming in the paint.. his effort is inconsistent, but when he shows up Bogut is a hell of a defender / best rim protector in the league with uncanny timing for helping, and unlike ezli he can dribble and pass and make decisions on offense. Iggy being completely gimped is also huge.. Warriors defense without green / bogut and iggy hurt has been AWFUL the past two games.

I give bron his credit.. hes getting FMVP no matter what, but you're dead wrong here.
you mean he's getting the fmvp if they lose? That's just ludicrous, he has three dog shit games in this series

tpols
06-17-2016, 01:23 AM
you mean he's getting the fmvp if they lose? That's just ludicrous, he has three dog shit games in this series

he's been the best player in this series by far .. there have been some very favorable circumstances leading up to it, all the stuff that has crippled their defense, but bron has stepped it up more this Finals. Last year it was a prayer for him to hit a jumper, he's been hitting everything past two games

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 01:26 AM
he's been the best player in this series by far .. there have been some very favorable circumstances leading up to it, all the stuff that has crippled their defense, but bron has stepped it up more this Finals. Last year it was a prayer for him to hit a jumper, he's been hitting everything past two games
exactly, two games.
I also think he was great in G3. But that's it.
He completely wet the bed in first two games, reminiscent of 11 and was shit in G4.
You can't play half the series great and get a FMVP while still losing, it's just ludicrous.
If Curry has another 30+ performance in G7 and GSW win, this isn't even a contest anymore

Indian guy
06-17-2016, 01:28 AM
Bogut is a banger and a physical presence.. he puts in a lot of hits on both sides of the ball that help set the tone for golden state not to get bullied.

Yeah, in those heavy 13 mpg he plays, during which his team doesn't even outscore the opponent :oldlol:. You are trolling, dude. So desperate to diminish LeBron's GOAT B2B performances that you don't even care about making sense.

Look at their "death lineup" today .. they got bullied out of the gym in the first quarter

Aaaand? How does this negate the fact that Bogut has been largely ineffective in his this series and his coach simply can't wait to take him out?

to act like Golden State's two best defenders

OMG :oldlol:. In Game 5, they were missing their "best defender" in Green. Now it's suddenly Mr. 13 mpg and a bench player? :oldlol:. Boy, this really has been a rough week for you Kobe kids.

they havent looked like a dominant defense at all the past two games

Gee, maybe because they're going up against what's been a GOAT-level offense this postseason? But....must....diminish......LeBron's.....accompli shments.....at.....all.....costs.....to......sleep ......better......at......night.

Good night, bro. Keep coming up with more BS to find some semblance of solace while the rest of the world celebrates LeBron's GOAT B2B performances.

tpols
06-17-2016, 01:29 AM
exactly, two games.
I also think he was great in G3. But that's it.
He completely wet the bed in first two games, reminiscent of 11 and was shit in G4.
You can't play half the series great and get a FMVP while still losing, it's just ludicrous.
If Curry has another 30+ performance in G7 and GSW win, this isn't even a contest anymore

curry would have to go off .. but honestly what do you want to bet on? Curry ringing off a string of 30 footers on cavs suffocating defense, or bron abusing the crippled warriors interior? one is pretty much a sure thing while the other will take a good amount of fortune that will need to be present right from the tip. idk man

Xiengqichess
06-17-2016, 01:33 AM
Let's wait until game 7.
Will never be his fan anyway. He got too much advantage and calls.
Run over people will get it done!

PJR
06-17-2016, 01:33 AM
Lol were you clowns caping this hard for injured players when the injuries were holding down LeBron and the Cavs last year? :oldlol: ? When they were limited to like 6 rotation players?

Nope. You clowns were likely "2 for 6" in every thread

"Bogut being out hurts dem!!" "Iggy has a boo boo on his back!"

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 01:34 AM
curry would have to go off .. but honestly what do you want to bet on? Curry ringing off a string of 30 footers on cavs suffocating defense, or bron abusing the crippled warriors interior? one is pretty much a sure thing while the other will take a good amount of fortune that will need to be present right from the tip. idk man
Given Curry's character and resilience I think it's fair to bet that he's gonna be good in G7, man just has that ice cold blood in his veins.
And the worst thing that could happen for the Cavs was Curry going off like that at the end of this game, he's gonna be motivated and in front of his own fans.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a 40+ performance mainly on jumpshots

Wade's Rings
06-17-2016, 01:35 AM
Lol were you clowns caping this hard for injured players when the injuries were holding down LeBron and and the last year? :oldlol: ? When they were limited to like 6 rotation players?

Great point.

PJR
06-17-2016, 01:38 AM
weren't you going on and on all playoffs long about lebron being a loser and never winning without riley or wade ? now you've all of a sudden hopped the fence, but .. you were just as wrong. nice flip lol

I call a spade a spade.

I'm salty, but I'll give Bran credit when credit is due. He's an all timer, and if he gets this done, ain't NOTHING you can away from him.

Meanwhile, you're moving the goalpost like a little bitch. Own that bias.

tpols
06-17-2016, 01:39 AM
Lol were you clowns caping this hard for injured players when the injuries were holding down LeBron and Cavs last year? :oldlol:

it's more about indianguy saying what bron did was against an ATG defense past few games .. simply stating that golden state was missing key pieces in their defensive rotations each isnt "caping".. just correcting him a bit on that. I've already conceded how amazing bron has been playing.

but this is pretty funny .. weren't you going on and on all playoffs long about lebron being a loser and never winning without riley or wade ? now you've all of a sudden hopped the fence, but .. you were just as wrong. nice flip lol

tpols
06-17-2016, 01:41 AM
I call a spade a spade.

bullshit. :oldlol:

if few things werent goin bron's way, and cavs lost you would be saying the same things you've been saying all along. Now that hes been great and winning, you flipped the script to try and act .. happy? lol.. nice try.

NBAGOAT
06-17-2016, 01:43 AM
shaq must have something from 00-02 that's at least comparable. 01 vs Philly might work. Game 1 44/20/5, Game 2 28/20/9 and 8 blocks.

PJR
06-17-2016, 01:44 AM
bullshit. :oldlol:

if few things werent goin bron's way, and cavs lost you would be saying the same things you've been saying all along. Now that hes been great and winning, you flipped the script to try and act .. happy? lol.. nice try.

Results are the bottom line with me.

Own that bias!!! Don't be a lil hoe!

Bankaii
06-17-2016, 01:47 AM
Results are the bottom line with me.

Own that bias!!! Don't be a lil hoe!
Tpols is one of dumbest posters on the site.
No objectivity whatsoever, especially with anything concerning Lebron.

Wade's Rings
06-17-2016, 02:05 AM
'91 Mike Games 1 & 2:

34.5/7.5/12.5/2.5/.5 on 69% shooting.

'92 Mike Games 1 & 2:

39/4/10.5/1.5 on 54% shooting.

'97 Mike Game 1 & 2:

34.5/8.5/8.5/1/.5 on 51% (Game-winner in Game 1)

'00 Shaq Games 1 & 2: 41.5/21.5/4/0/3 on 65% shooting

'01 Shaq Games 1 & 2: 36/20/7/1/4 on 62% shooting.

Obviously the circumstances were different in these games.

Wade's Games 3 & 4 in 2006 would be closer to the current circumstances Bron was in and he put up: 39/9.5/2.5/1.5/.5 on 55% shooting.

Very great stretch by Lebron given the circumstance and the competition, his statistical dominance, and his great 4th quarter this game.[/QUOTE]

DirkNowitzki41
06-17-2016, 02:08 AM
GREATEST
OF
ALL
TIME

GOAT
r f l i
e l m
a e
t
e
s
t

LeBird
06-17-2016, 02:08 AM
If the Cavs pull off one more win, everybody can STFU about 2 for 7. Or anthing else. To come back from 3-1 against a 73 win team and win game 7 on the road while snatching back the "Best player in the game" status from Curry would be a hell of an accomplishment. I want to see this. To snatch this magical season from GSW and make it your own would be...:bowdown:

You real fam.

Wade's Rings
06-17-2016, 02:10 AM
Tpols is one of dumbest posters on the site.
No objectivity whatsoever, especially with anything concerning Lebron.

I understand bias may cloud our judgement at times but some of the stuff I've seen him post have just been ridiculous. I remember dude said Vince Carter could've replicated Wade's '06 Finals if he was given 16 FTA per game, using that same logic VC could've replicated Kobe's 01 series vs the Kings and his '08 series vs the Jazz. Also, said Wade uses the eurostep to draw fouls. Absolutely ridiculous.

Smoke117
06-17-2016, 02:12 AM
It's iiiiiiight...it's nothing like Wade did in 2006...carrying a washed up Shaq and bums like Antoine Walker...he had no ****ing Kyrie Irving as his 2nd.

Mr Feeny
06-17-2016, 02:23 AM
Lots of great shots in here but incredibly enough I think Lebron's last 2 games are even better than MJ's 2 game stretch in 93 and better than Shaq's b2b 43 and 40 point games in 2000.

These have been video game numbers. Just incredible.

Mr Feeny
06-17-2016, 02:25 AM
It's iiiiiiight...it's nothing like Wade did in 2006...carrying a washed up Shaq and bums like Antoine Walker...he had no ****ing Kyrie Irving as his 2nd.Wade's 4 game stretch carrying the heat back to win the title almost single handedly might have been the greatest performance ever. In the history of this league.

But we're talking about 2 game stretches specifically, and focusing on them statistically. If anyone has a better 2 game stretch you're welcome to provide it. I'm not sure there has been. Although, Jordan and Shaq were certainly close.

Bankaii
06-17-2016, 02:40 AM
I understand bias may cloud our judgement at times but some of the stuff I've seen him post have just been ridiculous. I remember dude said Vince Carter could've replicated Wade's '06 Finals if he was given 16 FTA per game, using that same logic VC could've replicated Kobe's 01 series vs the Kings and his '08 series vs the Jazz. Also, said Wade uses the eurostep to draw fouls. Absolutely ridiculous.
I try not to go too far when discussing my favorite players, but the dude will go full on delusional to defend Kobe.

But Wade has always had a sexy euro. Probably my favorite all time.

Prime_Shaq
06-17-2016, 02:42 AM
GREATEST
OF
ALL
TIME

GOAT
r f l i
e l m
a e
t
e
s
t
Hate to break it to you bruh...

PHILA
06-17-2016, 03:00 AM

Yes given the circumstances, these two games might be as good as any two consecutive Finals games. Looking at career stats in elimination games he ranks the #1 among all the legends. The only question is does he have one more huge performance left for Game 7? What a game it will be on Sunday.

His efficiency was also excellent. The perfect time to get his shooting touch back.

32/57 FG (56.1%)

7/14 3 Pt FG (50%)

62.2 eFG%

ArbitraryWater
06-17-2016, 09:16 AM
'91 Mike Games 1 & 2:

34.5/7.5/12.5/2.5/.5 on 69% shooting.

'92 Mike Games 1 & 2:

39/4/10.5/1.5 on 54% shooting.

'97 Mike Game 1 & 2:

34.5/8.5/8.5/1/.5 on 51% (Game-winner in Game 1)

'00 Shaq Games 1 & 2: 41.5/21.5/4/0/3 on 65% shooting

'01 Shaq Games 1 & 2: 36/20/7/1/4 on 62% shooting.

Obviously the circumstances were different in these games.

Wade's Games 3 & 4 in 2006 would be closer to the current circumstances Bron was in and he put up: 39/9.5/2.5/1.5/.5 on 55% shooting.

Very great stretch by Lebron given the circumstance and the competition, his statistical dominance, and his great 4th quarter this game.[/QUOTE]

besides the Shaq ones, those arent remotely close to matching LeBron...

also, for whoever posted Jordan's '93 ones, that was against the #11 ranked defense, the Suns (Majerle lol) were pitful defensively.. its on YouTube, its really ugly.

Da_Realist
06-18-2016, 11:10 PM
Some things need to be put in perspective. I know MJ could have scored 60 in game 1 of the 92 Finals if he wanted to (He scored 35 by half and only 4 after that). He could have statpadded if he wanted to. Things like this need to be accounted for. Unfortunately, box score watching won't give this to you. You need to do your homework.

scandisk_
06-18-2016, 11:16 PM
If bran could pull this off and take home the title

:bowdown:

Hey Yo
06-18-2016, 11:42 PM
ahhh no.

PHX defense was a joke, settling in at 19th in the league in pts against...106.7 per game.

Hey Yo
06-18-2016, 11:53 PM

In those 2 games...Wade went to the FTL 27X

James last 2 games....16X

Wade's Rings
06-19-2016, 11:55 PM
In those 2 games...Wade went to the FTL 27X

James last 2 games....16X

ok...?