PDA

View Full Version : Curry AGGRESSIVELY Going for Steals with 4 and 5 Fouls

HeyMarkus
06-17-2016, 12:49 AM
And the refs get blamed for calling it because he's the league mvp

Spurs m8
06-17-2016, 12:53 AM
Yep, stupid as f*ck tonight, didn't use his head at all.

3LiftHeatCurse
06-17-2016, 12:57 AM
It was a clean all ball steal. Replays confirmed it.

Refs were rigged.

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 12:58 AM
Both of those plays were clear no fouls.

tmacattack33
06-17-2016, 12:59 AM
Curry fouled Lebron twice on the last play. The first one was actually more of a foul. The second one (the one that was actually called...i guess) was borderline.

But he fouled right him before that so I don't know what the F he was complaining about. :confusedshrug:

He was probably just mad and wanted to energize his team and show some edge for game 7.

fourkicks44
06-17-2016, 01:02 AM
It goes both ways:

Curry was foolish by being so aggressive with 4 and 5 fouls.

However he should have been allowed to play aggressive defense in GAME 6 of THE NBA FINALS!

Weak as shit era. Weak as shit league.

HeyMarkus
06-17-2016, 01:02 AM
Sad. People are really in denial.

Rake2204
06-17-2016, 01:06 AM
I'm a fan of Curry's so I'm not trying to pile on, but I agree regarding his over-aggressiveness considering his foul trouble. I don't even know if I'd call it aggression as much as just flat out poor decisions; that wrap-around foul on Kyrie Irving in the first half being the first that comes to mind (his third foul). There was just no reason for it.

As for the controversial sixth foul, I didn't get a great look at the play. I can believe those who say it was clean. But messing around in the backcourt with a dude who's secured the rebound is leaving the door open for something like that to happen. Curry's first reach may have been clean, but it's the type of play that officials get wrong all the time because it looks iffy in real time. Then once more contact occurred, even incidental... the right move would have been to never put himself in that position in the first place; just wasn't a reason for it.

Goofsta Knicca
06-17-2016, 01:12 AM

Think he'z in on dis shit like Shoeless Joe Jackson? Curry = Shoeless Joe n Ayesha tryna draw attention away from him?

HeyMarkus
06-17-2016, 01:01 PM

Refs were rigged.
Lmao. Don't lie to yourself

Sarcastic
06-17-2016, 01:05 PM
They called ghost fouls on the Cavs too.

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/743621007357816832/video/1

Boogaboog
06-17-2016, 01:10 PM
Can we get some gifs up in here to properly adjudicate?

HeyMarkus
06-17-2016, 01:28 PM

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/743621007357816832/video/1
Further destroys the claim that the series is rigged either way

FreezingTsmoove
06-17-2016, 01:30 PM

How? That shows its even more clearly rigged for GSW. Getting Love in foul trouble helps the Cavs

plowking
06-17-2016, 01:31 PM

That call was so late too. I think the Cavs were about to outlet at the point the whistle was blown. :oldlol:

HeyMarkus
06-17-2016, 01:46 PM
That call was so late too. I think the Cavs were about to outlet at the point the whistle was blown. :oldlol:
THANK YOU! The ref waited until the layup was missed before he blew the whistle. Clown shit

j3lademaster
06-17-2016, 01:48 PM

https://twitter.com/gifdsports/status/743621007357816832/video/1People need to realize that the game up close is just so fast and there's going to be human error. Even if the game is rigged they're not going to tarnish their reputation by enforcing the rig in the 4th quarter with the cavs already with the game in the bag.

hold this L
06-17-2016, 02:18 PM
Are you really blaming Curry for the refs making mistakes? :facepalm

HeyMarkus
06-17-2016, 02:40 PM
Are you really blaming Curry for the refs making mistakes? :facepalm
Lmao... :facepalm The refs called a foul a foul, they didn't make any mistakes. None of the fouls called on curry were as bad as the one they called on Love late.

He shouldn't have been trying so hard for steals that he committed fouls when he already hadn4 or 5

Goldrush25
06-17-2016, 02:53 PM
Steph's letting his pride get the best of him.

He knows that he's been exposed as a below average on-ball defender and now he's trying to prove he's better than he is. That's not how they won 73 games.

He just needs to stay in his lane and go back to hiding in the corner on D.

HeyMarkus
06-17-2016, 03:05 PM
Steph's letting his pride get the best of him.

He knows that he's been exposed as a below average on-ball defender and now he's trying to prove he's better than he is. That's not how they won 73 games.

He just needs to stay in his lane and go back to hiding in the corner on D.
Only problem is that with bogut out and Iggy stiff as a board, they need Curry to be better than he is defensively. Would not be surprised if we see another warrior foul out on Sunday, the cavs are killing it and frustrating the hell out of them on both ends of the court

TT is earning his money

HurricaneKid
06-17-2016, 03:20 PM
Ky had a step on Curry and Curry grabbed him TWICE to slow him down. Then, after repeatedly fouling Ky for a good 20 feet he reached across his body while out of position. That is quite easily the easiest call to make as an official. And it gets made ALL THE TIME. At best you get ALL of the offensive players body after you have been riding him and get the ball clean. And Curry did get the ball clean. But having ridden Irving that far and making a play while that far out of position its just a call that is always made. And its the right one to make.

And the LBJ foul was just idiotic. Guys pressure the rebounder all the time. When they hit him once they back off because they know they can't keep doing it without getting an idiotic foul. Curry SMACKED LeBron's arm, dislodging the basketball. LeBron regathers and Curry smacks his OTHER arm. Then he runs underneath him and hits LeBron's right leg. Not only is it an OBVIOUS foul, its a STUPID foul. And its a foul the official HAS to call.

The Kyrie one was almost close but being out of position and being handsy is a bad combo. The LeBron call was CLEARLY correct.

ClipperRevival
06-17-2016, 03:20 PM
His defensive IQ is pretty bad at times. He makes fouls he shouldn't be making.

Dro
06-17-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm a fan of Curry's so I'm not trying to pile on, but I agree regarding his over-aggressiveness considering his foul trouble. I don't even know if I'd call it aggression as much as just flat out poor decisions; that wrap-around foul on Kyrie Irving in the first half being the first that comes to mind (his third foul). There was just no reason for it.

As for the controversial sixth foul, I didn't get a great look at the play. I can believe those who say it was clean. But messing around in the backcourt with a dude who's secured the rebound is leaving the door open for something like that to happen. Curry's first reach may have been clean, but it's the type of play that officials get wrong all the time because it looks iffy in real time. Then once more contact occurred, even incidental... the right move would have been to never put himself in that position in the first place; just wasn't a reason for it.
Thank you for a voice of reason. Now /end thread

bdreason
06-17-2016, 03:41 PM
Fouls 2 and 4 were the table setters. On his 2nd foul, LeBron just plows him over with forearm extended. Obvious offensive foul that shows LeBron he can do whatever he wants this game. 4th foul was a clean steal that would have cut the lead from 9 to 7 points. Obvious clean steal that shows the refs won't allow the Warriors to win this game on the defensive end. Cavs score 3 points on the following play, and extend the lead to 12 points.

HeyMarkus
06-17-2016, 03:57 PM
Fouls 2 and 4 were the table setters. On his 2nd foul, LeBron just plows him over with forearm extended. Obvious offensive foul that shows LeBron he can do whatever he wants this game. 4th foul was a clean steal that would have cut the lead from 9 to 7 points. Obvious clean steal that shows the refs won't allow the Warriors to win this game on the defensive end. Cavs score 3 points on the following play, and extend the lead to 12 points.
On the second his feet weren't set and he obviously flopped. Obvious blocking foul

On the fourth he VERY CLEARLY slapped Love's forearm. Obvious foul.

Goldrush25
06-17-2016, 04:10 PM
Fouls 2 and 4 were the table setters. On his 2nd foul, LeBron just plows him over with forearm extended. .

Any contact between a dribbling Lebron and Curry is going to result in Curry being plowed down. Curry's 180 lbs soaking wet, Lebron's 250-260 lbs. There's a ~70-80 lb disparity in weight, which when you account for acceleration, the force behind that weight is tremendous. Curry's going to go flying every time, so I wouldn't use that as evidence of anything other than he's significantly overmatched physically.

icewill36
06-17-2016, 07:08 PM

Refs were rigged.

the 6th one couldve been let go, but he definitely fouled kyrie. he got the ball clean on the 2nd swipe, but he did one right before that on kyries initial drive and hit all body/arm.

steph lost his cool. they were fully expecting to win game 6 with draymond back and were frustrated that the cavs didnt just lay down.

Spurs m8
06-17-2016, 07:35 PM
The worst foul of the night was Kevin Loves foul on Draymond I think it was.

Where he didn't do shit...and they weren't gonna call it...but the lay up missed.

So f*cking stupid...kinda shit warriors got away with all season as the nbas love child

kshutts1
06-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Fouls 2 and 4 were the table setters. On his 2nd foul, LeBron just plows him over with forearm extended. Obvious offensive foul that shows LeBron he can do whatever he wants this game.
That play was a perfect play to showcase the difference between a Charge and a Block.

Curry's feet were not set, nor did he give the offensive player (Lebron) time to avoid him. So even though Lebron lead with his shoulder (like always... put a stop to that already league!) and did foul Curry, the first foul was Curry not being there in time, nor being set.

That was a good call.

Rake2204
06-18-2016, 11:31 AM
That play was a perfect play to showcase the difference between a Charge and a Block.

Curry's feet were not set, nor did he give the offensive player (Lebron) time to avoid him. So even though Lebron lead with his shoulder (like always... put a stop to that already league!) and did foul Curry, the first foul was Curry not being there in time, nor being set.

That was a good call.Agreed. It was a respectable sacrifice by Curry but was likely more akin than running out in front of a moving car at the last second as opposed to being in a legal and fully established defensive position.

That reminds me though, he tried that play again in the second half, possibly when he had four or five fouls, and it served as another example of his poor decision making that night. I get what he was going for with the first charge attempt (he had one personal at the time and the play was relatively close) but to try it again when you're already in trouble with four or five personals? Silly. Haven't usually seen that type of play from him. He got lucky the second time—it was a no call and play carried on—but still.