PDA

View Full Version : How is this not a suspension?

livinglegend
06-17-2016, 02:31 AM
He looks at the fans and throws the mouthpiece on one of them.

https://vine.co/v/il52wZ9brm1

Nilocon165
06-17-2016, 02:32 AM
The dude in the front row second from the left goes to my school

Bobcats2013
06-17-2016, 02:33 AM
stop being a phuckinpussy

sportjames23
06-17-2016, 02:34 AM
NBA won't suspend him. All HELL would break lose.

livinglegend
06-17-2016, 02:36 AM
NBA won't suspend him. All HELL would break lose.

I know they won't (because they will make more money with the MVP playing in game7) , but it should be a suspension.
He looked at the fan and threw the mouthpiece on him. That's suspension for sure.
Everyone complains about NBA suspending Green to extent the series for money, but now, they will ignore this.

Kblaze8855
06-17-2016, 02:37 AM
Haslem got suspended for throwing a mouthpiece towards a ref but....cmon. Nobody outside Cleveland wants to read that headline.

livinglegend
06-17-2016, 02:41 AM
Haslem got suspended for throwing a mouthpiece towards a ref but....cmon. Nobody outside Cleveland wants to read that headline.

I don't want to hear it either, but I am just calling out the double standards in here.
Remember how every1 cried rigged when the NBA suspended Green to extend the series and to make money.
Now, the NBA won't suspend the MVP for game 7 for money reason, but nobody gives a damn.

bigkingsfan
06-17-2016, 02:43 AM
He said it was meant to be toward the scorer's table. Very accurate from the GOAT 3 point shooter. :confusedshrug:

fourkicks44
06-17-2016, 02:49 AM
He said it was meant to be toward the scorer's table. Very accurate from the GOAT 3 point shooter. :confusedshrug:

Have you seen how he has been shooting this series?

But seriously, enough with all this suspension crap. NBA is taking it too far. Just fine the players hard and be done with it. Cash rules.

The Green suspension was warranted in that the rule said if he got a certain amount of flagrants he would be suspended. What was bullshit about it was they reviewed it a day after the game had finished and said it was a flagrant. That is just straight up f()cked.

Sarcastic
06-17-2016, 02:50 AM

So you think Curry should get to play with a different set of rules?

fourkicks44
06-17-2016, 02:52 AM

It is actually pretty funny to watch, guy is surprised af :oldlol:

atljonesbro
06-17-2016, 02:54 AM
Lebron does. He has free reign to stiff arm. Why not curry?

bigkingsfan
06-17-2016, 02:54 AM
Have you seen how he has been shooting this series?

But seriously, enough with all this suspension crap. NBA is taking it too far. Just fine the players hard and be done with it. Cash rules.

The Green suspension was warranted in that the rule said if he got a certain amount of flagrants he would be suspended. What was bullshit about it was they reviewed it a day after the game had finished and said it was a flagrant. That is just straight up f()cked.
He's shooting 42% from 3, not far off from his reg season really.
NBA been weak before, suspending those Phoenix players just for stepping on the court, after their teammate just got hipcheck. Nothing new really if they want to go this route.

TheOne
06-17-2016, 04:16 AM
Looks like a suspension worthy move. You don't toss that thing toward a crowd. What if you got AIDS and hit a guy's mouth?

Smoke117
06-17-2016, 04:18 AM

Yeah do you kblaze? Should the rules change just because its game 7? If Curry goes out tonight to rape and murder some bitch...should they postpone his arrest so he can play game 7?

SavageMode
06-17-2016, 04:19 AM
Looks like a suspension worthy move. You don't toss that thing toward a crowd. What if you got AIDS and hit a guy's mouth?
Or what if it seriously injured a fan? Or hit the fan in the eye?

Or what if it was Dahntay Jones throwing his mouthguard at a fan. He would get crucified.

The double standards.

plowking
06-17-2016, 04:53 AM
Yeah do you kblaze? Should the rules change just because its game 7? If Curry goes out tonight to rape and murder some bitch...should they postpone his arrest so he can play game 7?

Jesus... :oldlol:

raprap
06-17-2016, 04:57 AM
Rooting for the Cavs, but I would really be gutted if they suspend him(which they won't 100%).

Gileraracer
06-17-2016, 05:09 AM
You want it CLE style huh? The easy way huh?

Lebrons career summed up

BigTicket
06-17-2016, 05:54 AM
He won't be suspended, it would be a disaster for the league if he was.

I don't even want him suspended, and I'm a Cavs fan.

He didn't act with any malice, he was just frustrated, and he apologized to the fan shortly afterwards.

SexSymbol
06-17-2016, 05:57 AM
If he's suspended nobody would take cavs win seriously.
I don't think even the biggest lebron stan wants that and obviously no fan of basketball

Sakkreth
06-17-2016, 05:57 AM
I am rooting for Cavs. But cmon he didn't throw it at a fan on purpose, if it was just another playoffs game, I guess one game suspension is alright, but not now. Also he acted classy and apologised to the fans (luckily for Curry fans were classy too). Everyone wants to see Curry playing in game 7.

sportjames23
06-17-2016, 06:17 AM

Damn, son.

Quickening
06-17-2016, 06:19 AM
Curry is lucky the crowd didn't react, if it instigated a riot he probably would get suspended

Johnni Gade
06-17-2016, 07:38 AM
Is this for real? What if he threw a table at the crowd? Still cool?

Overdrive
06-17-2016, 07:50 AM
I am rooting for Cavs. But cmon he didn't throw it at a fan on purpose, if it was just another playoffs game, I guess one game suspension is alright, but not now. Also he acted classy and apologised to the fans (luckily for Curry fans were classy too). Everyone wants to see Curry playing in game 7.

It surely wasn't on purpose, but what if he threw a full gatorade bottle not on purpose? Of course the intent does matter, but there's a line to draw and usually the NBA drew it between court and fans and Curry violated that. I don't like Lebron, I don't care for the Cavs, so no bias here, but the Warrior's actions made the very unlikeable for me during those playoffs.

That's not how AIDS works.

Jon_Koncak
06-17-2016, 08:02 AM
To me that's 10 times more suspension worthy than Draymond who just was like gtf off me to a guy that had his balls on his head.I mean c'mon he targeted and threw a piece of plastic to a fan sitting almost right next to him.Kanter threw it out of frustation without aiming anyone much further.

Of course they're not gonna do anything,but it just proves that Silver and co have competely lost the plot when it comes to suspensions.

MintBerryCrunch
06-17-2016, 08:12 AM
Its not a suspension because the league wants to protect Curry and the Warriors.

HylianNightmare
06-17-2016, 08:40 AM
First game of next season

rezznor
06-17-2016, 08:43 AM
that fan should sell the mouthpiece for a few stacks

Boogaboog
06-17-2016, 08:44 AM
Damn, that looks worse than I thought. :facepalm

Jasper
06-17-2016, 08:46 AM
THE FACE OF THE NBA IN TANTRUM

NASH/CURRY all most over

Velocirap31
06-17-2016, 08:52 AM
That would be actually be suspension worthy at any point other than a game 7 of the NBA Finals. More egregious than I thought it was, but it is also very funny.

NBASTATMAN
06-17-2016, 08:59 AM
That is suppose to be a suspension... But you know its the NBA... So he won't be suspended...

SO THE WARRIORS HAVE BEEN HURT AND WILL BENEFIT FROM NBA'S DOUBLE STANDARDS..... THAT IS THE NBA... :rockon:

toneloc103
06-17-2016, 09:16 AM
He won't be suspended, it would be a disaster for the league if he was.

I don't even want him suspended, and I'm a Cavs fan.

He didn't act with any malice, he was just frustrated, and he apologized to the fan shortly afterwards.

and you know this how? You dont know his intent....and intent doesnt matter, the act DOES

IcanzIIravor
06-17-2016, 09:26 AM
First game of next season

:lol

My first thought. I think he cops a fine and that's it. The fan didn't make a big deal about it and the crowd didn't go Malice at the Palace crazy, so I think Curry is safe for game 7. League officials would have to go into witness protection if they suspend Curry.

BlazerRed
06-17-2016, 10:12 AM
Wow, this says it all. Curry lined that fool up and there was no mistaking what he did. This is a suspension, but just like Green multiple times against OKC, nothing will happen because $$ are on the line.

fourkicks44
06-17-2016, 10:35 AM
If he's suspended nobody would take cavs win seriously.
I don't think even the biggest lebron stan wants that and obviously no fan of basketball

Exactly.

All we will ever see on this board from Sunday till Lebron retires, is Lebron stans claiming he is the GOAT cause he came back from 3-1 down in the Finals to win the championship.

Then in rebuttal, all the Lebron haters will say that championship has an asterisk on it cause Curry got suspended in game 7.

tmacattack33
06-17-2016, 10:44 AM

Okay...so he wanted to hit a sports caster instead?

NumberSix
06-17-2016, 11:05 AM
Imagine its game 1. Matthew Dellavedova throws his mouth piece at a fan. Does he get suspended for game 2?

Rake2204
06-17-2016, 11:17 AM

https://vine.co/v/il52wZ9brm1I kinda can't stop watching this Vine. Kind of hilarious, all things aside.

livinglegend
06-17-2016, 11:21 AM
Imagine its game 1. Matthew Dellavedova throws his mouth piece at a fan. Does he get suspended for game 2?

100%

PejaNowitzki
06-17-2016, 11:41 AM
Its not a suspension because they stopped suspending people for it awhile back. Kanter did that a few years ago and got the same $25k fine.

http://www.si.com/nba/2014/12/09/enes-kanter-fined-utah-jazz-mouthguard-mouthpiece

kamil
06-17-2016, 11:50 AM

Do you even logic, bro?

kamil
06-17-2016, 11:53 AM
HOW IS THIS NOT A SUSPENSION?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTgu9YtSFGM

PejaNowitzki
06-17-2016, 11:57 AM
That is suppose to be a suspension...

No it really isnt.

Haslem is the only one to have been suspended for it and that is because he chucked his right at the face of a ref. Kanter threw his into the crowd and got fined.

KOBEtherealKing
06-17-2016, 12:07 PM
100%
No he wouldn't stfu. Who gives a shit about dellydova. He would get a fine just like kanter. And people have some dumb analogies in here, a table really? :roll:

HurricaneKid
06-17-2016, 12:23 PM
No it really isnt.

Haslem is the only one to have been suspended for it and that is because he chucked his right at the face of a ref. Kanter threw his into the crowd and got fined.

Amir Johnson threw one into the crowd and got suspended.

And UD threw it while he was laying on his back, it took a bad bounce and hit Crawford's FOOT. It was never CLOSE to hitting him in the face like Curry just did to a fan.

PejaNowitzki
06-17-2016, 12:31 PM
Amir Johnson threw one into the crowd and got suspended.

And UD threw it while he was laying on his back, it took a bad bounce and hit Crawford's FOOT. It was never CLOSE to hitting him in the face like Curry just did to a fan.

Enes Kanter, Andres Nocioni and Marcus Banks all got $25k fines for throwing their mouthguards into the crowd. People need to stop acting like its some great travesty that Curry didnt get suspended. The standard punishment has been a $25k fine.

Amir Johnson threw his mouthguard right at the ref and got suspended for that.