PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone still believe Curry deserves this years MVP?

SavageMode
06-17-2016, 02:59 AM
After that beat down by Lebron in Game 6... Really?

Lebron has shown he's at a level beyond Curry. Two Tiers above him to be exact.

Ben Simmons
06-17-2016, 03:01 AM
It's a regular season award. So yes

KingPush
06-17-2016, 03:04 AM
It's a regular season award. So yes
This

Prime_Shaq
06-17-2016, 03:05 AM
Yes, however bad he is in the Finals does not undermine what he did during the regular season.

Lebron23
06-17-2016, 03:06 AM

It's a regular season award.

sportjames23
06-17-2016, 03:08 AM
Regular season award, OP.

hateraid
06-17-2016, 03:09 AM
Did anybody mention it's a regular season award?

Because it's a regular season award

SpaceJam
06-17-2016, 03:10 AM
I think you'll find it's a regular season award

SouBeachTalents
06-17-2016, 03:10 AM
It's an award they give out at the end of the regular season

plowking
06-17-2016, 03:12 AM
Yes.

It was one of the best regular seasons ever.

How some of you cannot let go of your biases and enjoy the level of basketball he was playing is beyond me. There has never been a player that has drawn that level of defensive attention from a foot inside the half court line.

I believe he is injured far worse than he is letting on, hence his withdrawal from the Olympics, but he is playing quite average. It is what it is. He'll be back with another great season next year.

FreezingTsmoove
06-17-2016, 03:14 AM
The GOAT regular season by Curry, yes he deserved it. Maybe if Lebron didnt coast every regular season he could rack up a few more MVPs

MMM
06-17-2016, 03:14 AM
he obviously deserves this season's MVP award but he's also not playing up to being a unanimous MVP

Quickening
06-17-2016, 03:17 AM
He definitely deserved the MVP...Lebron is playing one of the best final series ever, so obviously he is outshining him but doesn't take away from what he did in the regular season.

GrapeApe
06-17-2016, 03:23 AM
The funny thing is, if he plays well in game 7 and the Warriors win, he'll likely be FMVP. That doesn't necessarilly mean he was the best player in the finals, but he's a win away from capping off one of the greatest seasons ever.

Bawkish
06-17-2016, 03:43 AM
it's regular season

warriorfan
06-17-2016, 04:00 AM
Yes.

It was one of the best regular seasons ever.

How some of you cannot let go of your biases and enjoy the level of basketball he was playing is beyond me. There has never been a player that has drawn that level of defensive attention from a foot inside the half court line.

I believe he is injured far worse than he is letting on, hence his withdrawal from the Olympics, but he is playing quite average. It is what it is. He'll be back with another great season next year.

This

Gileraracer
06-17-2016, 04:21 AM
This award is for the regular season OP

Dragonyeuw
06-17-2016, 07:17 AM
Nobody's mentioned it yet, but it's a regular season award. So yes, he does.

Spurs m8
06-17-2016, 07:38 AM
Yeh look, hes a reg season hero, so he deserves this years.

Theres a reason he's 0/22

Young X
06-17-2016, 07:40 AM
Of course he deserves the MVP.

In fact, he's one of the most deserving MVP's ever.

It's a REGULAR SEASON award I don't know how many times that has to be repeated. He had one of the most spectacular regular seasons ever.

Now whether you want to debate the actual meaning of "most valuable" then I can see it. I don't think Curry was the most valuable or important player to his team.

MintBerryCrunch
06-17-2016, 08:14 AM
Curry can have his MVP, James will take the championship.

Dragonyeuw
06-17-2016, 08:33 AM
Now whether you want to debate the actual meaning of "most valuable" then I can see it. I don't think Curry was the most valuable or important player to his team.

I tend to look at it, and I suspect many others do, as whose team falls completely off a cliff without player X. Take Curry off the Warriors, they're still a 50+ win team. Lebron off the Cavs, I'm not even sure they're much more than a .500 squad at best.

rodman91
06-17-2016, 08:36 AM
Sure. Lebron is better player but Curry deserved that MVP. Regular season award and nobody wins every year. Lebron has plenty already.

Young X
06-17-2016, 08:51 AM
I tend to look at it, and I suspect many others do, as whose team falls completely off a cliff without player X. Take Curry off the Warriors, they're still a 50+ win team. Lebron off the Cavs, I'm not even sure they're much more than a .500 squad at best.I look at it in a similar way.

Like which team would see a bigger dropoff without their superstar.

The Warriors still have the passers, ballhandlers, and shooters to help offset Curry's absence which we seen in the playoffs. And that's just on offense. On defense, they have some of the best defensive talent I've ever seen on a team.

They would never reach the historic level they're currently at but they would still be really good.

Wally450
06-17-2016, 09:23 AM
Idk if anyone mentioned it, but its a regular season award.

Prime_Shaq
06-17-2016, 09:23 AM
I tend to look at it, and I suspect many others do, as whose team falls completely off a cliff without player X. Take Curry off the Warriors, they're still a 50+ win team. Lebron off the Cavs, I'm not even sure they're much more than a .500 squad at best.
I would argue that would depend on the team philosophy as well. Teams like the Cavs build around their stars in LeBron and Durant. They surround their stars with role players that work well without the ball and not take possession away from their stars. Teams like Warriors and Spurs are built around an offensive system that reward movement, so their role players have to be able to handle the ball and shoot. The system doesn't revolve around the same 2 players initiating the offense every time. That's why teams like the former tend to look much worse without their stars.

Rake2204
06-17-2016, 09:26 AM
I did some research this morning and here's what I came up with: It's a regular season award.

redhonda76
06-17-2016, 09:52 AM
Steph isn't the same player after he injured his knee at the Houston series. He can't blow by anyone or finished at the basket like he did during the regular season.

UK2K
06-17-2016, 09:56 AM
I did some research this morning and here's what I came up with: It's a regular season award.

I concur:

[QUOTE]The National Basketball Association Most Valuable Player (MVP) is an annual National Basketball Association (NBA) award given since the 1955

newbetterbucs07
06-17-2016, 11:25 AM
Only because it was a regular season award. Anyone with half a brain knows that LeBron is a much better and more valuable player than Curry is.

Dragonyeuw
06-17-2016, 11:41 AM
I would argue that would depend on the team philosophy as well. Teams like the Cavs build around their stars in LeBron and Durant. They surround their stars with role players that work well without the ball and not take possession away from their stars. Teams like Warriors and Spurs are built around an offensive system that reward movement, so their role players have to be able to handle the ball and shoot. The system doesn't revolve around the same 2 players initiating the offense every time. That's why teams like the former tend to look much worse without their stars.

That's a fair point. :cheers:

NBAGOAT
06-17-2016, 11:45 AM
steph arguably still has more value technically. Say you think the Cavs would drop to a .500 team, that's a 16 win drop off. Even if you think the Warriors drop off to only a 55 win team which is really good, that's an 18 win dropoff.

Dragonyeuw
06-17-2016, 12:39 PM
steph arguably still has more value technically. Say you think the Cavs would drop to a .500 team, that's a 16 win drop off. Even if you think the Warriors drop off to only a 55 win team which is really good, that's an 18 win dropoff.

The point I was making, the Warriors without Steph are still verging on being elite. IMO, a Curry-less team would only be beaten by the Cavs, Spurs, and Thunder in a series. I think they beat any other team in a playoff series. Remove Lebron off the Cavs, with how that team is designed, I'm not sure they make the playoffs. That's dropping from elite to mediocre.

HoopologyPhD
06-17-2016, 12:43 PM
No should have been Kawhi.

NBAGOAT
06-17-2016, 12:47 PM
The point I was making, the Warriors without Steph are still verging on being elite. IMO, a Curry-less team would only be beaten by the Cavs, Spurs, and Thunder in a series. I think they beat any other team in a playoff series. Remove Lebron off the Cavs, with how that team is designed, I'm not sure they make the playoffs. That's dropping from elite to mediocre.

good point. Seeding wise Lebron means much more. The Warriors if they got 55 wins would be a top 3 seed still. It's just I think part of that is getting 73 wins, that's such an outlier.

Jasper
06-17-2016, 01:18 PM

OP once in a while we need a NASH year:cry:

Dro
06-17-2016, 02:10 PM
lol, hilarious....

dankok8
06-17-2016, 02:16 PM
If the Warriors win which is still by far the more likely outcome, Curry gets the FMVP because even with his struggles he's still been the best Warriors player. If Green or Thompson have a legendary performances then I could see them getting it but Curry getting it is likely at this point. And you can't say he doesn't deserve it because every year the best player on a winning team gets it. It would only be consistent.

DMAVS41
06-17-2016, 02:24 PM
Is this serious?

It's a regular season award...and there has almost never been more clear cut MVP in history.

There is a difference between MVP and best player.

Rose deserved MVP...clearly...yet nobody (at least smart basketball people) thought he was the best player.

Curry not only deserved MVP, but had and does have a great case for best player. A few games in the finals coming off an injury in the playoffs doesn't change that.

DMAVS41
06-17-2016, 02:25 PM
If the Warriors win which is still by far the more likely outcome, Curry gets the FMVP because even with his struggles he's still been the best Warriors player. If Green or Thompson have a legendary performances then I could see them getting it but Curry getting it is likely at this point. And you can't say he doesn't deserve it because every year the best player on a winning team gets it. It would only be consistent.

Unless Lebron has a terrible game...He's going to win the MVP.